UPDATE:Transformers Animated at Licensing Show 2007 (pic of Prime) + Autobots

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Originally posted by Denyer
Except many shows with this type of styling have large cultish fan followings.

Yes an know. A GOOD show would write to capture a wide 'family' audience, like, say, the first two seasons of Powerpuff Girls. This worries me that someone 'upstairs' said to focus on the little kiddies exclusively, like the LAST bit of Powerpuff Girls.

There's no reason a TF cartoon would be aimed at anyone older then eleven. None of the others have been, nor were the old comics. A few things out of that roster achieved minority adult audiences, but certainly weren't geared to them.

Again, I'm not saying that they SHOULD cater to the 13 and up audience. I'm just worried that this is a how that wouldn't even get the 8 to 12 audience either, considering that Hasbro is explicitly targeting younger than that.

And coming off of the violence-fest that is the movie, that makes no sense to me.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

what could make this whole cartoon worse is if they hip hoppified the theme like they did in cybertron series. or hells below, mutemath or mutemoth or mutemothball (whatever the dickens their name is) doing the theme. i hope fun really does mean interesting and captivating wrtiting to the episodes, not just prime saying "bachomp bachomp, bachewie chewie chomp" episodes against human villians. hopefully what could be seen is villians like Short Circuit (was that her name in the comics?????) and Dr. Archeville, and later on Decepticons entering the scene. Speaking of this, the movie even seems like "Infiltration" the graphic novel to me, maybe this will have that in mind too. I will admit, CN does listen to audiences a lot better than most other networks, even though I think Adult Swim should premier the episodes like they did with the old GI Joe episodes. I just hope this is something new and exciting, and good voice acting too, poor guys in Cybertron series were kinda screwed over due to many things.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

i hope fun really mind too. I will just hope this is things. did in cybertron exciting, and good voice networks, even though Swim should premier the seen is villians (whatever the dickens their like Short Circuit (was that episodes like they episodes, not just prime they did in the episodes like they make this whole listen to audiences a lot episodes like they did with bachomp, bachewie chewie chomp" episodes does mean interesting mutemothball (whatever the voice acting too, poor guys in Cybertron series too. I will admit, on Decepticons entering the prime saying "bachomp episodes. I just hope this bachomp, bachewie chewie chomp" and captivating wrtiting to the episodes like they did chomp" episodes against human villians. a lot better than most comics?????) and Dr. Archeville, and Decepticons entering the that in mind does listen to will have that in mind that her name Cybertron series were kinda screwed mutemath or mutemoth or mutemothball what could make Archeville, and later on Decepticons theme like they guys in Cybertron is villians like is if they hip novel to me, maybe what could be seen is they did with the old cartoon worse is if Decepticons entering the graphic novel to me, maybe
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
i hope fun really mind too. I will just hope this is things. did in cybertron exciting, and good voice networks, even though Swim should premier the seen is villians (whatever the dickens their like Short Circuit (was that episodes like they episodes, not just prime they did in the episodes like they make this whole listen to audiences a lot episodes like they did with bachomp, bachewie chewie chomp" episodes does mean interesting mutemothball (whatever the voice acting too, poor guys in Cybertron series too. I will admit, on Decepticons entering the prime saying "bachomp episodes. I just hope this bachomp, bachewie chewie chomp" and captivating wrtiting to the episodes like they did chomp" episodes against human villians. a lot better than most comics?????) and Dr. Archeville, and Decepticons entering the that in mind does listen to will have that in mind that her name Cybertron series were kinda screwed mutemath or mutemoth or mutemothball what could make Archeville, and later on Decepticons theme like they guys in Cybertron is villians like is if they hip novel to me, maybe what could be seen is they did with the old cartoon worse is if Decepticons entering the graphic novel to me, maybe

i am gonna have a hard time responding. i am sure you will edit, and thusly i will edit if possible too as well so i can respond better also.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Cliffy 4 Tha Win!!1

Awesome post Tom..really :laugh:
fantomdranzerx
Protoform

Post by fantomdranzerx »

I kinda like the new designs, especially Bumblebee's. He looks like a cartoon version of his movie design, with a more G1-looking head. That new group picture is really cool, better than the first one of Optimus Prime. I hope the show does well.
ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

Man... I wonder what this cartoon will be like? Is it wrong to look forward to how it goes? I never really liked Armada, Energon or Cybertron, not for the fact that they weren't G1, but simply because I didn't really like the whole Japanese Anime 'feel' to the whole thing. (Autobots scratching their heads and laughing through gritted teeth, huge 'transformation' sequences that could have been taken from Sailor Moon, etc). Not that I don't like anime shows, I just didn't like it combined with Transformers for some reason.

However, with this show, as odd as they're designs look, I'm rather interested in how it will pan out. What interests me more is what the toys for that cartoon line will be like. Is there a toyline planned?
"At times like these, we've got to spell racecar backwards."
Gadguard
Protoform

New Transformers Cartoon

Post by Gadguard »

Set on Earth in the near future in Detroit, the alien TRANSFORMERS are thrust into a world populated by humans and automatons. As visitors to Earth, the TRANSFORMERS -- OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, PROWL, BULKHEAD and RATCHET-- work in the human world, interacting with the 'natives' in exciting and humorous ways. TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED has been created to showcase the heroic AUTOBOTS working together to battle the evil DECEPTICONS and save Earth with kid-relatable plot lines filled with humor, distinctive character personalities, and dynamic action.

Twenty-six, half-hour episodes will be produced as well as a 90-minute special of TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED which is scheduled for release in early 2008 on Cartoon Network in the U.S.
Source: Here

DEAR GOD!!!!!
trilobitepictures
Protoform

Post by trilobitepictures »

June 19th, here. All 126 replies worth.
"It goes 'bing' when there's stuff."

redman prime

Post by redman prime »

that's.. not a commercial, at least.

unless........

dear god, with a movie and a kid-friendly show...
there is no ceiling anymore.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Deja Vu
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

MERGED