Dreamwave - Generation 1 Comic Book

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
mptollef
Protoform

Dreamwave - Generation 1 Comic Book

Post by mptollef »

When is this comic book due out in stores? Is it alright out in stores? What stores will carry it besides comic book stores since I do not have any around here. Thank you!

Michael
mtollefson@tds.net

P.S. I want to get hooked again and to get my son started on them. I guess that would make me Generation 1 and him Generation 2.
Denyer

Well...

Post by Denyer »

...if you're still after issue 1 to order, try here:

http://www.newenglandcomics.com/ffast/ffast.shtml

edit: Other on-line stores are mainly taking issue 2 pre-orders. From the interest I've gauged from other people who are ordering from comic stores, most of them seem to know about it, although you might not get a choice of cover (if that interests you.)
mptollef
Protoform

Post by mptollef »

Thanks for the reply. By the way, when is the next issue due out? Will it come out in stores or can it only be ordered online?

Michael
Denyer

All of the G1 stuff...

Post by Denyer »

...ought to be out in stores. It's supposed to run monthly, and will initially be a 6-issue mini-series, which will almost-certainly be renewed into further (possibly self-contained story arc?) mini-series, given the massive current interest. BTW, it's possible that the preview comic (a short prelude to the first mini-series aimed at collectors and including some Armada and G1 art) is a web exclusive -- but I have a feeling it may be reprinted at a later date.

The reasons I'm pre-ordering is thus:

1) I'm guaranteed the goods, and my choice of covers.

2) The bigger the orders, the bigger the print-run, so the orders are filled and then there's more copies released to comic stores for general sale to the public. Hence more casual fans who might get back into TFs, who otherwise wouldn't have noticed the hype on the net.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I've heard they're definitely rereleasing the preview, with an additional 16 pages.