OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Takara is also releasing exclusive repaints of the newest BW toys as probably convention exclusives.

According to the report, possibly like the Armada Megatron and G2 Nemesis Prime repaint last year.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Sades

Post by Sades »

MUNKY

9/10 would not fling poo. Based on looks so far, anyway.
Knightdramon wrote:Takara is also releasing exclusive repaints of the newest BW toys as probably convention exclusives.
I don't remember these figures. They look decent but Rattrap's robot head looks tiny... or maybe it's that his rat head is huge. Or maybe a bit of both.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Shockwave looks ****ing awesome. All other opinions are bad opinions.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Nice that they've worked in a stand. I'd probably get one if it was modern voyager size, because in this pic the proportions look pleasantly Actionmaster-y. As it is am sticking with the unofficial ones though.

http://i.imgur.com/tDFX506.jpg
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE SHOCKWAVE
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Well to be fair that works on the assumption he's going to be numbered in sequence with the "G1" Masterpiece stuff. He might be part of an external numbering pattern.
Confirmed as MP-32, due October. 12k of the yens.
MOAR PICTURES
https://www.facebook.com/DaimChocReport ... 4076707027
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Terrific. Price is very similar to Ironhide, so he's cheap and PACKED.

I guess that leaves us an empty summer, unless Dirge and Thrust come out then.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

what Cliffjumper said.
Clay

Post by Clay »

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/03/24/hasb ... ers-311872

Hasbro release of deluxe class Groove, y'all.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Clay wrote:http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/03/24/hasb ... ers-311872

*insert generic complaint about it being announced a fair bit after the release of the Unite Warriors version*

Have to say I'm a little surprised by this. I wasn't expecting Hasbro to actually release it. Really makes me wonder why even bother with Rook if they were just going to release Groove like this
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Skyquake87 wrote:what Cliffjumper said.
Thirded. Shockwave is the best and I'm super-excited for this.

Primal looks great but I'm still not feeling a burning desire to get one. Especially with that price, which suggests he's probably going to be bigger than what I was hoping for.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I don't think they initially intended to. It's probably something they decided on after the fact because they smelled money, like with Slingshot and Wildrider.

I'd probably buy Groove if he ever showed up locally or with Canadian online retailers, but then I'd just wind up finding a Blades to complete the team and hating it because of how terrible a likeness it is, so it's probably for the best that he doesn't. :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Obviously double-dipping plays a part, but I assume there's some TT back scratching and it's two-way to an extent; coughing up for tooling Rook means having it for other planned stuff, after all, even if it's further down the line.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Gettin' it
numbat

Post by numbat »

Unicron wrote:Have to say I'm a little surprised by this. I wasn't expecting Hasbro to actually release it. Really makes me wonder why even bother with Rook if they were just going to release Groove like this
Yeah, but they did the same with Offroad and Wildrider (with the latter having a limited web release, if I'm correct? Given where I live in Scotland, all my Transformers come from online orders so it's hard to keep track of what is actually supposed to be available in stores).

I got both Offroad and Wildrider, and like the way that lends itself to the Scramble City idea, being able to swap in or out an extra team member. Being a bit OCD means I do really want that extra bot to be part of the actual team, rather than some other random character.

That said, I suspect others are correct and this has been a decision made on balance of evidence later in the day in Groove's case.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

If I recall correctly Primal has been rumoured to be around 19 cm...so roughly Ironhide's size.

Takara's Computron is actually very different from Hasbro's...only shadow renderings again, but it appears that every limb except Groove and Scattorshot are different versions on Takara---instead of Dead End, Air Raid and Brawl [appropriately retooled] we're getting Wheeljack, Blast Off and Rook [again, appropriately retooled].

Loads of soliciting for the Headmasters-era stuff---Fortress Maximus [with sword] and enough headmasters, but only as shadows.

Of miiiinor note at this point, Kapow has reduced the price of the [yet] unreleased Galvatronus [combiner] to 97 pounds instead of the 120+ it was.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Clay wrote:http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/03/24/hasb ... ers-311872

Son of a #$@&%!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Wait, so there are people who weren't expecting Hasbro to release Groove once Takara had done the legwork on it?
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Wait, so there are people who weren't expecting Hasbro to release Groove once Takara had done the legwork on it?
I would of thought an announcement would of come well before now. I'm not really -that- annoyed. The other Takara limbs have better colors imho, and the blue on Hot Spot is dead on, so after a little thought it's more of a "meh" at this point.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Hound wrote:Gettin' it
FIGHT!

J/K.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!