OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Wait...they are doing a Flywheels toy? I thought my hangover had just started making me think I was Brend earlier.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Of a sort. I like the mini Apeface better.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

That Highbrow looks fantastic. And as much as I roll my eyes at arbitrarily making a whole year's worth of toys into Headmasters, that Astrotrain works really well and the gimmick doesn't seem to hamper him at all. Though I've already got a white Classics Astrotrain, and what I'd really want if I got another is a cartoon-coloured one. Not sure I like it enough to pay for the inevitable dark grey Takara one, though...

Also, still a bit sad that guys like Nightbeat, Siren, Squeeeplay and now Apeface are relegated to beong just heads. Especially when there's so many non-Headmasters crammed in. I mean, I get wanting new versions of main characters like Prime, Galvatron or Blaster/Soundwave on the shelves, but I don't get choosing randoms like Scourge, Blurr or Alpha Trion and giving them the Headmaster treatment.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'm going to buy some dollhouse miniatures, make some tiny little hats and have a tea party with those headbots.

Edit: Seriously. Those guns. I think I'm developing some sort of weird complex.

Edit2: Astrotrain's robot mode looks good. But... thaaaaat's not a train. Nonono. (yes, I am going to be one of "those people" today. itsinhisname.jpg). He is now Astrothing.

This is a pretty kick-ass setup. Not as awesome as my tea party idea, but not bad.

Edit3: I just realised that this picture makes all the tinybots look like the CUTEST LITTLE ROBOT ZOMBIES EVAR.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Yeah, Deep Cover wouldn't be too dissimilar from G2 Swipe in car mode. Isn't the only difference the shade of the wildshield/clear plastic?

Looking forward to when he's announced though, the teal/blue with white and black looks killer in robot mode.

That Soundwave looks ok. Seems more inspired by Prime and DOTM Soundwave in sculpt.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Nifty figures. I really like Alpha Trion, not fully convinced about Astrotrain [but like Sentinel. Yeah I don't know].

I think I read somewhere that all the standalone heads would get their own bodies at some point.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Disembodied Flywheels head is obviously the best thing in the entire range.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Knightdramon wrote:I think I read somewhere that all the standalone heads would get their own bodies at some point.
There was speculation that Takara would do it, but based on what they've announced so far it looks like that was wishful thinking. Unless someone's pulling another Betatron on us...

It's a shame. I've never imported a main-line toy before but a new Squeezeplay would definitely force my hand if it was good.
Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Disembodied Flywheels head is obviously the best thing in the entire range.
And if that tank/jet thing they teased is another Headmaster, you might even be able to paint up a body for him!

...I still can't believe that we're getting a whole year's worth of triplechanging Voyager Headmasters and Apeface isn't one of them (and no Snapdragon so far either). That's even sillier than leaving out Nightbeat or the like, because there's exactly two triplechanging Headmasters who are supposed to be that size and so far they've done neither of them. We probably won't even get a Scorponok, since he didn't win the Titan poll, even though a Leader would fit the only Scorponok to ever have a personality. :(

Sorry, I'll stop whining now. The Headmasters that ...are getting made are super cool, or I wouldn't be pouting so much about the ones that aren't. Hardhead, Skullcruncher and Highbrow are for-sures, and honestly if they get distributed well over here I may end up with all seven of the 1987 Deluxes. Chromedome's the only one that I'm not super happy with, but that's because Chromedome's colours suck no matter what they're on.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Warcry wrote:Chromedome's the only one that I'm not super happy with, but that's because Chromedome's colours suck no matter what they're on.
What he needs is a bit more chrome.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Knightdramon wrote:not fully convinced about Astrotrain [but like Sentinel. Yeah I don't know].
I'm with you on that. It just looks better as Sentinel (probably because there's a less well defined/ingrained image of what that is exactly). I think Classics Astrotrain looks more Astrotrain.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

People at arms about Red Alert +, both sides arguing about cartoon accuracy, real life accuracy, direction of the line, every value the line held lost, jumping ship, slap in the face and so on.

So all in all, usual "pre-release announcement and pics" event.

I'll say one thing though, this mould has so far more releases than the MP03 seekers in both Hasbro and Takara markets and more releases than the MP11 seeker if you only count one market.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Knightdramon wrote:People at arms about Red Alert +, both sides arguing about cartoon accuracy, real life accuracy, direction of the line, every value the line held lost, jumping ship, slap in the face and so on.
Here's a ****ing novel concept for people: they don't have to ****ing buy it if they don't want to.

As eye-rolling as it may be, I really don't see the difference between reissuing Red Alert in "more cartoon accurate colours" and all the different versions of Bluestreak. Okay, it would have been nice to have had the heads-up that they planned to do that before we bought the first iteration, but there'll be a secondary market for the bloody thing if people want to switch out.

"Every value the line held lost" is absolutely ****ing hilarious. Have they seen the Linkin Park Soundwave? The Evangelion Convoy? And we left "real world accuracy" behind the moment they re-did Starscream in white.

Every mould is going to be rinsed for any colour scheme that Takara think they can get out of it in order to bring down average costs. That's blatantly ****ing obvious. It's basic economics, and nobody who's been awake during Combiner Wars can even pretend to be surprised that this is a thing that's happening. And just because Alert's 90% the same as the regular Lambo mould doesn't mean those sirens are exempt from earning their way in the world.

This fandom can ****ing **** the **** right the **** off some days, it really can.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Mostly agree on the fandom overreacting. I wish I had the patience to go back on old [year +...see what I did there? plus] threads and see exactly who got into arguments with me that the line was going for pure cartoon accuracy and I was a fool to think it goes for a healthy balance of all sources...

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure most of those pr!cks are the ones that today argue about Red Alert +.

I do agree on the fact that this repaint, and everything it might red carpet on us, is entirely optional. At this point we have Diaclones with new sculpts, standard line and maybe, if this catches on, uber cartoon accurate repaints. ...so...?

I'm glad for all these options. This will make collections more diverse in style, give everybody a better chance at getting at least one of these moulds in a colour that THEY like better, and hopefully make more money for Takara so that they can continue to pump releases like Star Saber and Primal.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Knightdramon wrote:I'm glad for all these options. This will make collections more diverse in style, give everybody a better chance at getting at least one of these moulds in a colour that THEY like better, and hopefully make more money for Takara so that they can continue to pump releases like Star Saber and Primal.
So am I. I'm really not into getting all these MP toys to have another version of a character I already own, save for characters I really love, so stuff like the Diaclone repaints and retools, G2 homages and whatnot are right up my street and appreciate that Takara are putting out something for everyone.

And why not have a collection of Sideswipe moulds? The Countach is sexy as f**K.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

It's honestly amazing how much vitriol a simple cash-in repaint is generating. But what's even more amazing is that the people who are the angriest seem to be the ones who actually like it! It's like some people immediately started to feel dirty as soon as they realized that there was going to be a Red Alert toy 5% more cartoon-accurate than the one they bought.

After thinking on it a bit myself, even though I think the original is better in practically every way, I like that they did this. For a collector-targeted line, it's nice to have little variants like this so that people can pick and choose to find the one that's right for them. Now if only they'd make a toy-accurate one for people like me, with Sideswipe's head and shoulders...

If nothing else, having some deco changes makes it more interesting than just doing a straight reissue.
Skyquake87 wrote:So am I. I'm really not into getting all these MP toys to have another version of a character I already own, save for characters I really love, so stuff like the Diaclone repaints and retools, G2 homages and whatnot are right up my street and appreciate that Takara are putting out something for everyone.
I'm 100% on board with this. There's so many good versions of most of the popular G1 cast out there. I'm way more excited to get a fancy modern G2 Sideswipe or G2 Bumblebee or Blue Bluestreak or Exhaust than another Wheeljack or Prowl.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I love all the MP options. It lets me buy the ones I like. Yay options!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

*cries*
Attachments
inferno.jpg
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Holy shit
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Someone's been eating their Ready Brek.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Well, that's unexpected