OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I do like that Powermaster Prime. Favourite Prime growing up - I remember saving up money for a year to buy him.

Also liking the G2 CW Combaticons, but am really confused as to why they have the G1 Decepticon insignia. Shouldn't they have the G2 Decepticon insignia?

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

New images of MP Hot Rod, Ironhide and Shockwave.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/11/20/new- ... ook-305739

The ****ing state of Hot Rod's backpack.
Flimflammery
Protoform

Post by Flimflammery »

Who was putting money on *that* pose for Shockwave pre-release? Good call.

Edit: ah, sorry Brendocon, didn't scroll upwards.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Yeah, MP Hot Rod is really looking quite poor...

I'm struggling to work out Ironhide now though - is the weapons sled part of the truck, or can the robot turn into a truck without need of it? If the latter, as I have said before, no matter how bad he may be I'd be sold... On the otherhand, he'd have to be amazing to sell to me with a sled which is necessary to create the van mode.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Flimflammery
Protoform

Post by Flimflammery »

The sled is separate.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Flimflammery wrote:The sled is separate.
So not integral or used in van mode?

Also items on eBay.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:The ****ing state of Hot Rod's backpack.
That's even worse than the original pics made it seem. It's half again thicker than his actual torso.

Yeah, I'll be sticking with my MP Rodimus, exploding shoulders, terrible joints and all.

Shockwave still looks grand, though.
numbat wrote:So not integral or used in van mode?
Nope. It's a completely separate accessory. Which really gets under my skin, actually. If they'd just made toys of the character models and ignored the sleds entirely, that'd have been cool. If they'd included the sleds in the transformation and made cartoon-accurate robots out of what was left, it'd have been even more cool. Tossing the sled in as an accessory when the parts of the van it's supposed to be made from turn into his legs or something? That just comes off as an attempt to justify a higher price point, like Exo Suit Spike was for Bumblebee.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Warcry wrote:TNope. It's a completely separate accessory. Which really gets under my skin, actually. If they'd just made toys of the character models and ignored the sleds entirely, that'd have been cool. If they'd included the sleds in the transformation and made cartoon-accurate robots out of what was left, it'd have been even more cool. Tossing the sled in as an accessory when the parts of the van it's supposed to be made from turn into his legs or something? That just comes off as an attempt to justify a higher price point, like Exo Suit Spike was for Bumblebee.
I agree with your analysis - it probably is there to artificially increase the price point probably.

However, that swings it for me... maybe. You see, I just want an Ironhide that turns into a van with no need of extra parts to achieve either mode. That way he can sit on a shelf and be played with without the need to take anything out of storage.

I'd just fling the sled into storage, as I did with Exo-suit Spike (I got him out again recently when sorting stuff though - reminded me how terrible he is and he went straight back in the cupboard).

That gives me something to think about now. I mean, Ironhide clearly has major flaws. But if the sled isn't in any way integral, I may be able to live with those flaws and enjoy the toy. Maybe wait for reviews though.

Also items on eBay.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Thing is, if they hadn't included the sled there'd have been people bitching and moaning that it's an integral part of what Ironhide is.

I mean okay, yeah, that would arguably be completely crazy, but Transformers fans, y'know.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Are we sure Hot Rod's backpack doesn't turn into a sled? Or maybe a small house?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
numbat

Post by numbat »

inflatable dalek wrote:Are we sure Hot Rod's backpack doesn't turn into a sled? Or maybe a small house?
I thought he was like a snail or a turtle - you know, carrying his house on his back?

Also items on eBay.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Feeling a bit more optimistic about Ironhide, TBH. He's not going to be the peak of the range but then the original turned into a guy wearing a few cardboard boxes, so it's a damned either way situation. He looks enough like the character I've largely disliked for thirty years and the DOTM Leader covers the proper Ironhide anyway.

Actually like the transformation too - the sled costs too much mass to work for a G1-accurate robot mode. Yeh, it's a pain in the arse that the accessory is bumping up the price rather than being a weird Japanese Amazon exclusive but I'm not going to start any drama over it.

Hot Rod is just hilarious.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

It's astonishing how we've gone from Wheeljack, where every single piece of his transformation is a work of genius, to Hot Rod, where the key is "yeah, just fold it all up onto his back."

I mean ****ing hell.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Apparently Powermaster Prime is a super-heavy-thorough remold of Ultra Magnus. Neat.

Also, there's supposed to be an online vote on Tuesday for the next Titan class figure - Omega Supreme, Trypticon, or Scorponok. I'm guessing Hasbro has rough ideas for all three and just want to see which one to do first, but I'd be surprised to see multiple Titan class figures in the same year.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Clay wrote:Also, there's supposed to be an online vote on Tuesday for the next Titan class figure - Omega Supreme, Trypticon, or Scorponok. I'm guessing Hasbro has rough ideas for all three and just want to see which one to do first, but I'd be surprised to see multiple Titan class figures in the same year.
According to the TFW article, whatever wins will be due back end of 2017.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/11/20/fort ... led-305620
Clay

Post by Clay »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:According to the TFW article, whatever wins will be due back end of 2017.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/11/20/fort ... led-305620
Ah, well it looks like we'll only get one of the three, then.

Here's hoping it's Trypticon.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Clay wrote:Ah, well it looks like we'll only get one of the three, then.

Here's hoping it's Trypticon.
Or Scorponok. I'd be pleased with either of those two.

Titan Class seems too big for Omega Supreme, plus it would be good to have a huge Decepticon base to face off against Metroplex or Fortress Maximus - and the two Decepticon options are their respective nemeses.

Also items on eBay.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Maybe Takara will do the PM Prime with black shoulder cannons or the original ones will fit... doesn't look bad, though. It's a possible.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Final product pictures for Takara's Devastator

Not the most flattering pictures, but they show off the added elbows, guns, and accessory storage.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Trypticon won the poll, apparently.