He Is Returned. Or something.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Lord Zarak

He Is Returned. Or something.

Post by Lord Zarak »

Good evening all,

How are we?
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Evening. Warm and chilled. You?
Wreck and Rule!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

In need of a nap.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Z you slut!

Sorry...

Z you slut! :)

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

After some password trouble I'm fine thanks. Just had my second shower of the day!

Auntie, I love you!
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

I love you too man, and if you want to cement that love you’ve got to tell me those five little words...

More Than Meets The Eye!

I don’t know when you were last around the Archive, but I hope you’ve heard of this. It’s the greatest TF comic there’s ever been (I reckon). Fun, exciting and inventive all the way through. This has made me love Transformers all over again & I think you could get an astounding amount of value out of reading the first TPB for less than an Engerlish tenner!

Its so good I never thought in all my incredibly young years that I would be subscribing to a TF comic again, something I haven't done since quitting at Marvel UK Issue 157 back in the eighties.

This has the best Prime, the best Skids, the best.... Whirl!

Whirl loves ya, baby!

Whirl loves Didsbury!
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

That intrigues me greatly. I fell out of, well love is probably a bit too strong a word but, something with regards to the comics. I don't know if it was an age thing, or just a no money thing. I tried to follow the G1 arc that started off (publication wise I may be a bit out here) with Stormbringer and the Shockers one shot but for whatever reason, I didn't carry on with it.

If one was to purchase it when I get back from holiday, is there much of a backstory in the run up to the 2-thread split off, or can you just jump right in? And can it be explained without pointing me in the direction of the comics reviews? Not being disrespectful, but again - where the damn hell would I start?
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Oh yeah, you can jump straight in via the link in my last post (‘Engerlish tenner’). That link is to the first TPB of ‘More Than Meets The Eye’. The book contains the pre-MTMTE build-up story called ‘Death of Optimus Prime’. That sets the scene for the book itself, and then you get the first three issues of the ongoing MTMTE story.

I did this too, and I was quite cagey and suspicious of a new Transformers comic being, you know... good. But it really is! I bought the first and second TPB and then felt it was too good to wait for the third to come out, so I started buying the individual issues monthly. Worth every penny too. Excellent stories with detailed plots, and some great lines (this is why I like Whirl so much... that and he’s a raging loon).

Honestly, that’s all you need to know.

Others will tell you it’s probably worth reading the two-part story ‘Chaos Theory’ and the epic five-part standalone title ‘Last Stand of the Wreckers’. Fair enough, they are both brilliant reads, but you don’t need them to enjoy MTMTE. The writer makes a point that you can be an ultra-TF nerd, or a complete neophyte and still like the series. I totally agree, as he's made absolute stars out of people like Chromedome, Rewind, Swerve... and even well established guys like Ratchet and Magnus.
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Greetings once again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

S'up

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin: