[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Tempest (Protihex), Part II

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Constructicon Field Hospital

Gravedigger snorted

"Well I reckon its about 50% corpses or as we like to call them the spare part enabled, 30% factory fresh spares. Don't ask where I got them , 15 Medical supplies and the rest is some random slag i found in a Doctors surgery 17 blocks over , looks like he was a good doctor least before someone ate his face off, kept his equipment nice and shiny.

He pointed

"Slaggers the 3rd corpse from the right in case you were interested."
Shine

Post by Shine »

Hate Plague Danger Zone

That nuisance of a thing was gone, Hun-Grrr's vision no longer a victim of its presence. So preoccupied he was in his own world of scheming and self-serving goals in need of accomplishing that he only just realised this. Blot and Cutthroat must have had eliminated the pest while he was engaged in thought; the latter wore spatters of vital fluids layered over his arms and face-plate.

Good. Hun-Grrr was pleased with the efficient demise his Terrorcons had arranged for the pest. Now he could concentrate on leaving this wretched area and relocate to another where their destructive efforts would result in satisfaction and significance.

Killing Morphobots and Hate Plague sufferers did not tickle Hun-Grrr's violent inclinations in the slightest, being the worthless creatures he viewed them as. That, and physical combat, every Terrorcons' preference in battle, was not quite an effective tactic to use against them.

Hun-Grrr detached his interest from his two Terrorcons and turned around. Breakdown was still there, quivering as usual. Probably too frightened to move. Or too paranoid. Most likely both.

Whatever state the Stunticon was in, Hun-Grrr wasn't going to start offering him his concern now. Oh, no. Not to a little oil stain like Breakdown.

Stunticon.” The Terrorcon leader's tone was cold, hollow, no more soulful than the explosions heard in the near distance. “We're moving, so keep up.”
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Guessed they were corpses." Long Haul replied to Gravedigger, as he took another sip from his energon. "Pity. Not probably someone we knew, but still, we could use all the help we could get here."

Pause.

"Well, not really, we're just that good."

Hate Plague Danger Zone

"Meep."

Breakdown twitched as Hun-Grrr addressed him, moving back towards the relative safety of the three remaining Terrorcons, slightly hunched over, afraid that another attacker would, somehow, somewhere, jump out at him.

Not that the Terrorcons were exactly very comforting, mind you....

Teeth teeth teeth teeth oh god oh god oh god

"Yes, yes. Let us go. Go. Yes. Escape." Escape sounded good. Breakdown transformed into vehicular mode, and reactivated his break-down vibrations, moving along in a pace to drive away the Morphobots and whatever Scraplets are left from Acid Storm's assault.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Near the Constructicon Field Hospital

Darkfleet erupted in a fiery orange blossom, flinging chunks of debris in all directions. The field hospital had been saved.

As the flames settled, a twisted, burnt frame was all that remained of the Imperial titan, its ruined torso splayed open like a tome. Darkfleet optics were permanently transfixed to the sky, its mouth gaping in surprise.

Folding his batteries away, Fortress Maximus lowered himself slowly down to the ground.

He stood for a moment, looking out toward the smoking wreckage and confirming what he already knew - before giving into his tired body and plopping down in exhaustion.

The Headmaster drew one leg in, draping his arm across his knee, and let out a long, well deserved sigh.

Shockwave circled overhead, lowering with each revolution. He converted back to mechanoid form and dropped down next to the Steelhaven Captain.

"I - I lost control. Not all that befitting a mechanoid of my 'stature', is it?" said Fortress Maximus. "And yet, you Shockwave, manage to remain imperturbable and composed. Perhaps I should have been following your example."

"When necessary, the consolidation of a unit's so-called 'emotion subroutines' can effectively reduce...."

The large Autobot made a short, raspy chuckle.

"I amuse you?" Shockwave queried.

"Not at all -- though, I suppose I expected such a response."

Fortress Maximus then nudged his head off toward the distance, where the field hospital lay. "Well...another crisis averted, here in Protihex."

A resigned smile then played at the edge of the Autobot Commander's mouth. "We'll have much work to do."

"Indeed."

Peceptor received the ampoules from Hook and placed them carefully inside a small, rectangular container.

Once each of the vials were neatly lined up with one another, the science officer snapped the case shut and slipped it inside his leg-side holster.

"Oh, I do not intend to," he assured the Constructicon.

With a nod, the science officer spun away and started for the exit. "Pointblank, Sixshot," he said over his shoulder. "It is time we depart."

Perceptor shifted into his all-terrain mode and sped off. Pointblank (and presumably Sixshot) followed suit.

Mirror-Manifold

"Ha! See?" Rotorstorm blurted out. "Electro knows what I'm talkin' about. The dude has gotta have a few wires crossed. Anyone that goes out in Prime cosplay has--"

Hurricane once again batted the young Autobot over the head.

"Heeeey!" he whined. "I got hurt on the field. You have to be nice to me, 'Cane."

"Then show some respect."

Southwest Border

Guzzle looked on as Omega Sentinel 02 reeled back from the now-separated Shock-Wave's assault.

"Yeah, that's not fair at all!" he concurred with Volt. "C'mon guys!" He motioned at the other Autobots forming the perimeter. "We're ain't on border duty for nothin'! Let's finish off this piece of crap!"

"Hell yeah!" Skram answered enthusiastically.

The remaining perimeter guard joined in and roared in unison, rattling their rifles in the air.

Guzzle assumed tank mode and rolled for one of Shock-Wave's component parts, his turret firing wildly. Road Rocket, Manta Ray and Leadfoot charged in after the Sparkabot in similar fashion.

Skram and the remaining perimeter guard meanwhile assisted Volt with the other half of the giant Imperial.

Manganese Mountains

Ratchet thought for a moment. "He might," he told Brainstorm. "Though, come to think of it, there also may be a spare, generic transtector lying around the Steelhaven somewhere. I'd be surprise if there wasn't, considering that several of our crew-mates are Headmasters...

"And if not," Ratchet shrugged, "just be sure to remind me when this is all over and I'll have one sent over from Iacon."
Shine

Post by Shine »

Hate Plague Danger Zone

As they wove a path through the ruins of this section of the war zone, Cutthroat's optics darted from left to right hoping something would jump out at them. His lust for brutality was akin to a bottomless pit: there was no amount of savagery capable of filling it. Even during battle, Cutthroat felt as though he could do more. Rip off more arms, bite out more vocalisers, simply serve more pain to his foes.

He didn't like how Breakdown got to lead the way. He understood why, to prevent Scraplets and Morphobots from overwhelming them with superior numbers, but he still didn't like it one little bit. What if something other than a Scraplet or Morphobot greeted them directly from the front? Well, Cutthroat wouldn't get the first crack at the adversary, would he?

“Hey, Breakdown!” Cutthroat pulled up as close as he could to the Stunticon, wary of his rumbling ability. “Any decent enemies that I can sink my claws into are mine, you got that? You just run and hide behind Hun-Grrr or Blot and let me take care of them. Or I might take care of you. We clear?”
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Constructicon Hospital

Scrapper grabbed the energon brew out of the air, popped it open and took a long swig through the emergency induction port in his faceplate.

"I know what you mean," he told Long Haul. "I was hoping we'd at least get some quiet time before we had to get to work. Like when we were on Earth, it seemed like there would be a week-long or month-long break between anything happening and we'd get the chance to rest and recharge. Recently though, it's go-go-go every second of every day."

He waved to Gravedigger. "Store them in the equipment bay," he told the other Constructicon. "Then start practising how to turn into a leg, in case I decide to shoot that idiot Mixmaster a few times instead of waking him up."

Hate Plague Danger Zone

Rage shrugged. "No promises," he told Blast-Off. "But as long as they don't get back up again I think I'll be able to oblige you."

He looked across the battlefield, taking in the dead Imperials, Morphobots, Thunderwing shells and Demons.

"Is there anything left that I can kill for you? I've got a good head of steam going here and it'd be a shame to waste it."

Imperial Landing Zone

Sandstorm groaned. "I did, Broadside. I had two, actually. Both of them got crushed when that building fell down on me."

He sighed.

"Look, just loan me one of your axes in case someone else pops up that needs killing OK?"

"Nope," Acid Storm said to Mirage. "If you want to die, you can stand here and wait for another lightning bolt to take you out. If your life's that worthless, it's your choice. Or you can duck down into that nice big hole I dug for you, ride out the storm and find something useful to do with your life. Either way, you're not a threat to anyone else. And I came here because I was tired of killing people for wearing the wrong-coloured badge, so if you want to be put out of your misery you'll have to find someone else to do it.

"I'm a soldier, not a murderer."

"Must I?" Sideswipe laughed. "Hell no. But I'm going to anyway. Lighten up, Windcharger. We've won, by the looks of it. That means celebration time."

When the Minibot mentioned his brother, though, Sideswipe's levity vanished.

"Forget Sunstreaker," he told the other Autobot. "He made his choice. He forgot about us, and we should do the same to him. He's not worth our memories, Windcharger, not if he'd run out on us at a time like this."

Skydive watched as Drift moved off, then quickly checked the automated status reports from the rest of his Aerialbots. None of them had died, miraculously, and all of them were engaged in the kind of search and rescue operations he'd sent Drift on (save for Air Raid, Airazor and Breakaway, who were flying CAP, and Fireflight who was still wandering around with one of the Combaticons).

All in all, even though it had started out badly it had been a good day for the team.

The Lunatic Fringe

Slugslinger was obviously on the same wavelength as Misfire, because he used his radio to say, "Maybe Misfire should go first? You know, just in case."

Spinister sighed. "No. I have faith in his skills. Besides, what better way to keep you from panicking and running away than knowing you need to keep ahead of his bullets?"

"Ouch." Then Slugslinger frowned. "Wait, that was a joke. Since when do you make jokes?"

"Maybe I always have, but you just don't understand most of them." Spinister turned his attention back to the door, then transmitted, "I'll open it on three. You two go in and shoot anything that looks like Thunderwing or has an Imperial logo on it."

He grabbed the door handle, and used his fingers to indicate the numbers.

One...Two...Three.

He flung the door open. Slugslinger rushed inside, trying to ignore the fear clawing at his guts.

Thunderwing grunted as Optimus landed a kick to his midsection, sending him tumbling into the room's back wall at the same time as it cracked the shell's armour.

As Springer vaulted upwards, he would find himself met in mid-air not by one of the shells that Starscream had sent falling down the stairs, blasting toward him in jet mode at full speed.

The primary Thunderwing, meanwhile, took a second to ponder how he would stop Optimus Prime before the solution presented itself of it's own volition.

"Both of you will pay for that!" Starscream shrieked as he got back to his feet, running toward Thunderwing and Optimus while he fired his null rays. "The Matrix is mine and no one else's!"

Thunderwing smiled as he realized that the ambitious seeker's weaknesses had allowed the Matrix to twist his mind to Thunderwing's will from a distance, prodding him to engage Thunderwing's enemies even though no rational being would have even considered it.

Oh, how quickly they fall... he thought triumphantly, the weak-minded fools.

Of course, it never occurred to the Pretender that his mind was far, far more deeply in the Matrix's thrall than Starscream ever could be. Why would it? He held the power, not them.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Lunatic Fringe

Optimus Prime readied himself to pounce on Thunderwing, but, amidst the chaos and confusion caused by Springer, the Pretender's copy, and now the Targetmasters, the Autobot Leader had barely noticed that Starscream had regained consciousness.

The Seeker's null rays peppered the side of Prime's apex armor, effectively impeding his movement.

With little choice, he was forced to eject from the 'suit ' while it rebooted itself. At the peak of his jump, Optimus skillfully assumed his original form and swung his rifle forward, before landing deftly on the lobby floor.

"You would condemn us - even your Decepticons - to repeat history?" The Matrix-bearer quickly twisted the barrel of his rifle to readjust it's current setting. "No, Starscream, I can't let you do that."

Optimus unleashed a wide, and quite powerful concussive blast at the wildly charging Decepticon Leader. Starscream need not perish, but he also needed to be removed from play - and quickly, while Thunderwing stood by.

...Though, considering the Seeker's history of deceit, Prime would no doubt come to regret this decision later.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Constructicon Hospital

Gravedigger scowled.

"yeah I guess if I was upside down maybe that would slagging work."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Road Hugger and Detour emerged from the smoke and dust left behind by Dark Fleet’s death, charred and damaged, but mostly unharmed. The same couldn’t be said for the late Hyperdrive, however. The two trudged towards where Fortress Maximus and Shockwave had landed, overhearing their conversation.

In the distance, Brawl, Thunderhead, Undertow and the remaining Combaticons were also making their way towards the two leadership figures.

“We killed that… thing.” Road Hugger told Fortress Maximus, voice bitter. “Saved the hospital. Saved the Combaticons and the damn cure. It’s all that matters.”

Detour made a shrugging noise as he gave Shockwave a short wave from where he was standing.

Brawl and the others strode up to them, and Road Hugger watched as the Combaticons looked at him, looked at Shockwave, looked at Fortress Maximus, waiting for orders. Split loyalty, perhaps? Or maybe… a hope for unity? Former Autobots, former Decepticons… “Thunderhead, take Steamhammer and a team and salvage anything you can from the corpse. Brawl, you take the rest and make a secure perimeter, make sure no more surprises lay in store for us.”

Road Hugger sighed, and dropped down into a sitting position next to Maximus. “Please tell me you two will stick around for the rebuilding.”

Long Haul shrugged. “This ain’t Earth, though. And back there it was all mud those yucky black paste that passes for fuel and silly little flesh bags. Really isn’t as much an incentive to battle compared to, well, Hate Plagues and Scraplets and Warworlds and stuff.”

The Constructicon shook his head. “Got the feeling this is going to be the last exciting thing that’s going to happen for the time being. Until someone decides to revive Unicron or the Fallen or a Cthulhu Quintesson God or whatever.”

Long Haul chuckled at Scrapper. “Gravedigger shares my body frame. Pretty sure we turn into the abdomen, not the feet. I’m not saying I want to be take Mixmaster’s place at being shot several times, but…”

Hook nodded, giving Perceptor a mocking grin. “Go and cure the plague, Autobot.” The Constructicon said, before sitting back on his chair, and lifted a vial, and proceeded in making the cure.

Why did he act so… familiar with an Autobot?

Of course, the Autobot in question was a highly intelligent and slightly snobbish accomplished scientist, but Hook supposed that Perceptor probably resembled one of the other Constructicons. Scrapper maybe. But… oh. Right.

Smart, smarmy bastard. Hook was describing himself.

Sixshot rolled out behind Perceptor and Pointblank, and once they were outside the Constructicon hospital, Sixshot transformed into his jet mode, hovering low above the two Autobots. The six-changer saw the corpse of a giant, with Shockwave, Fortress Maximus and others nearby, but he paid them no heed.

He had his own task to do.

“Shall we?” Sixshot asked.

Hate Plague Danger Zone

Breakdown glanced at Cutthroat, and gulped. “Yeah. Yeah yeah. All yours. I get that. Don’t fight anyone. You kill. Yes. Scary bird will kill enemies. Breakdown will hide. Sure. Which way we going, Hun-Grr?”

Nearby deep within the red fog of the Hate Plague, Breakdown could see… Ultra Magnus? Was that Vortex? And that was certainly Blast Off and an Aerialbot flying overhead.

Breakdown steered clear of the Hate Plague fog but… the Pit was happening?

Blast Off chuckled. “If they get up again, feel free to knock them back down. As I said, we’re all waiting for the cure. Not sure if there’s anything left for you to kill, well, unless you can find the real Thunderwing. Or, well… yeah, that’s about it.”

Imperial Landing Zone

Broadside shrugged at Sandstorm. “Bah. Buildings never troubled me. You and Springer- always crushed by buildings. Bah, I say, bah!”

“Hmm…” Broadside pulled out his vibro-axe and tossed it at Sandstorm. “Catch. I want to follow Springer to wherever he’s disappeared to, reckon he’s gotten himself up in his neck in Thunderwing-goodness again… would hate to lose another Wrecker. Topspin, Overdrive, you guys okay?”

“There is nothing here left to me, Rainmaker.” Mirage replied to Acid Storm. “The prospect of not being an Imperial soldier… is alien to me. No, death is a far better sentence.”

Mirage stood back up, braved another lightning bolt, and lifted his arms. “I fear, then, that the same sentiment of not killing does not extend to me… truly, Rainmaker, I am sorry for this.” Mirage took aim at Acid Storm, and resumed opening fire. “Understand- death is the only way I am going to stop fighting you and your people.”

Searchlight glanced from the suddenly somber Sideswipe and the now-quiet Windcharger. The Throttlebot decided that this was not a conversation he wanted to be part of, and simple kept quiet.

“Yeah.” Windcharger replied softly at Sideswipe, knowing that he had no right to argue with Sideswipe about his choices. Not now, anyway. These things take time to heal… and Sunstreaker was indeed not fighting with them. He didn’t want to hate Sunstreaker, but… well, he didn’t want to fight with Sideswipe as well. “Yeah, you’re right. I think.”

Mirror-Manifold

Electro chuckled at Rotorstorm. “He may be crazy, but he does deserve some of our respect. Got to admit that dressing up like Optimus Prime isn’t… well… you know.” Electro chuckled. “Better listen to your pal, though, copter boy. Lest you end up sharing a gurney with Pyro.”

Southwest Border

Volt chuckled as he watched Guzzle and the others charge one half of the giant Imperial, and he turned to look at Skram, who, technically outranked him. “Well, shall we, then?” Volt said with a grin. “Let’s get this thing going!”

Volt lifted his blade, letting the electricity flow into it as he launched a bolt into the Shock-Wave vessel that’s nearer to them. “Autobots- attack! Buy some time for the Gadep Unit to stand back up!”

Had the Autobot perimeter guard not intervened, Shock-Wave would have taken the opportunity to turn all his firepower to finish off Omega Sentinel 02 for good. However, the fact that he was under attack caused his primitive brain to prioritize his attackers as the active threat, and turrets and cannons began to swivel to target the Autobots.

Blasts of laser, bullets, plasma and assorted other weapons slammed onto the hulls of Shock-Wave’s components, blowing armour plates apart.

Skydive, this is Drift. There’s still one of those big giant Decepticons around the Southwest Border. Skram’s unit is engaging it- them- but they might need your help.” Drift said as he screeched to a stop on a cliff, the battle in the distance catching his attention.

Drift briefly wondered what good his blades would do in the situation, and decided to wait until Skydive had replied before doing anything.

Manganese Mountains

Brainstorm shrugged. “There might, there might not. Didn’t the Headmasters of this dimension start off as giants instead of Micromasters?” The Headmaster shrugged. “No biggie, though. I can always salvage my old Transector. Always had. Or, well, pester Wheeljack to make me a new one.”

The Lunatic Fringe

Aww, is little Slugslinger afraid?” Misfire replied to Slugslinger. He’d say more, much more, but Spinister cut him off, and… well, Spinister had faith in his skills? And that… joke?

Regardless, Spinister did say that he trusted him. Misfire. A gunner named ‘Misfire’. The Decepticon narrowed his optics. Spinister was joking, Misfire was serious… what a world! Misfire’s mouth cracked in a confident grin. Time to make good Spinister’s confidence on him. “Affirmative, Commander. I’m ready.

As soon as Spinister gave him the mark, Misfire charged in alongside Slugslinger, ion blaster at the ready, optics narrowed.

Thunderwing?

Hell, put Unicron in front of him. He’s ready for anything.

Springer growled as the Thunderwing shells slammed onto his stomach, sending him clattering across the room. Reflexes allowed Springer to land in a vaguely not-vulnerable position, but he knew his luck could only help him so far.

Like last time. Thunderwing was powered by the Matrix. Maybe Arcee’s wrong. Arrogant fool, Springer was… he’ll get killed again, dead again, by powers he didn’t comprehend-

No.

No more doubts.

Prime! I’ll handle Starscream! You’re the only one that can beat Thunderwing!” Springer leapt towards the Seeker’s back, attempting to ram his blade into the treacherous Decepticon.

Of course, he minded Optimus Prime’s fire this time, and made sure his jump would not intersect with Optimus Prime’s barrage (most of it, anyway) should he miss. One case of friendly fire was painful enough.
Chip1123
Protoform

Imperial Landing Zone

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin smiled as Broadside's call came in. "Still kicking." He replied, the surprise in that statement evident. "Definitely needing a new paint job. And armor. and energon. I can keep going if you'd like." He bantered on for a moment. "But I'll keep going. Anywhere in particular that needs wrecking right now?"
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Near 'Nondescript Building', The Lunatic Fringe

(OOC: I intended to follow up on Prowl's response team earlier, when I first mentioned it. I'll wait for Warcry's update before responding to the stuff happening inside :))

The Autobot response unit had arrived moments earlier at the former-art district, establishing a perimeter around the building where Thunderwing reportedly had taken refuge.

As per their instructions, they kept a fair distance away and did not engage, having been also informed that Optimus Prime was currently inside the structure.

Dogfight held a pair of macrobinoculars over his optics as he attempted to scan the building.

"...The hell?" He muttered. "This thing broken?"

"What do you see?" asked Prowl.

"That's really weird. It's like there's--gah!" The Triggerbot jumped. "G-G-General Prowl?! Sir!" Dogfight clumsily stood up straight and saluted his commanding officer. "What are you - I mean, I thought you were on board the Trion."

"Dai Atlas* and Mainframe are fully capable a managing without my supervision," he told the other Autobot. "A moment this crucial demands my full and present attention. There can be no margin for error...

"Now, if you would - continue. What did you see?"

"Well -- nothing, I guess. All kinds of radio interference. Some kind of shielding maybe, but I can't see inside the building."

Prowl nodded. "Hmm, that would explain why we were initially unable to locate Thunderwing -- until now, that is," he said. "I can only surmise that this is the workings of the purported 'Decepticon Matrix'. Which means," Prowl shifted to a dry, derisive tone, "our quarry still functions."

(OOC: * - The guy holds some rank and he hasn't been used for awhile as far as I know, so why not.)

Fortress Maximus looked away from Darkfleet's remains. "Oh, I very much intend to," he told Road Hugger. "I am sworn to Protihex and its people. That hasn't changed."

Shockwave nodded. "It is our obligation, so long as the populace subsists."

(OOC: Yeah, I was wanting to touch on this a little later, too. Perhaps in the epilogue? I have a few ideas, involving the three of them and Groove.)

En Route

Perceptor, followed by Pointblank and Sixshot, raced away from the field hospital and across the now-barren plain and ruins of the city state, en route to the former-Steelhaven site.

"We are 0.7 breems from our destination," Perceptor told the small convoy. "Since the terrain we select is crucial to our success, we will assume a long-range, preferably elevated position when we arrive. If need be, we will be able to break contact much easier from that distance."

"Right," Pointblank concurred. "We're entering an active combat zone. Someone's bound to notice that there are snipers out there."

"Indeed, and that is why Sixshot here will stand in as our eyes and security element."

Southwest Border

The perimeter guard scattered when Shock-Wave's vessels opened fire.

The cannonade's resulting force-wave violently flung Manta Ray, along with several other hapless victims, across the battle ground.

---

Undaunted and largely undamaged, Guzzle rumbled over the burning craters and blasted away at the component part's underside.

----

"Ah, this is nothing," Skram told Volt. "Check this out..."

The Axelarator preformed a series of acrobatics, vaulting over a dome of flame, and somersaulting through the air.

He landed on top of the combiner's vessel, whooping like a prismaball fan. True, the maneuver was entirely unnecessary, but surely, he assumed, his comrades would be impressed.

"It's like - whoa," The young solider wobbled while he attempted to maintain his balance. "It's like riding a rabid machadron."

"You dumbass!" Guzzle barked. "Get the hell off there!"

Ignoring the Autobot tank below, Skram pointed his rifle down and fired along the top hull of the Shock-Wave cruiser.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Imperial Landing Site

Broadside waved Topspin over. "We all do, Topspin... we just need to figger out what to hit, who to wreck, that kind of stuff.... any idea where's the rest of the team?"

Road Hugger nodded. "What both of you said." The former Micromaster replied to Fortress Maximus and Shockwave. "We have a duty to this city..."

And to those who had fallen...

Road Hugger sighed. He was spent. There was nothing more he could do, except to lead the Combaticons... and help with the rebuilding. The Combaticon ejected the ruined Scrapmaker minigun from its mount on his shoulder and it clattered down onto the ground.

Detour stood on Road Hugger's shoulder, watching Dark Fleet burn as the Combaticons try and salvage parts off the giant Imperial. "It's not over, you know." Detour said.

Road Hugger chuckled. "When is it ever?"

En Route

Sixshot hovered close to the ground, keeping pace with Pointblank and Perceptor. Sixshot replied to Perceptor, "Affirmative. I will take into the air, see if there are any threats in our immediate vicinity... as well as any good sniper positions."

The Decepticon increased altitude, shooting higher into the sky, and began to take a good look over the red haze where the Hate Plague had settled. "Perceptor, I detect two airborne Transformers around five kliks to our position -- Blast Off and one of the Aerialbots, seemingly uninfected. They are hovering above a small pocket of around six or seven infected mechs, including... yes, Ultra Magnus, I see him..."

Sixshot would have razed the ground in a heartbeat if ordered, or go in and personally administer the cure... but he knew enough that anything outside the ways to administer death is a wee bit out of his depth.

Southwest Border

The first of Shock-Wave's vessels attempted to move away as Guzzle's team zipped under it, opening fire at its underbelly. This vessel continued to open fire, intending to take out more of the Autobots, as it had done with Manta Ray and his squad.

The slightly-smaller Shock-Wave cruiser felt Skram leap onto his form, but he judged the threat minimal... until the little Autobot began to open fire. The rifle did not do much damage, but at the close range, and with the damage that the Omega Sentinel already gave it... Shock-Wave growled.

The cruiser's turrets spun around to target Skram, while it increased speed as it shot higher into the air, trying to shake off the Axelerator.

Volt had rammed onto a makeshift ramp and shot into the air after Skram... after all, he was just as reckless as the other Axelerator... although a well-earned recklessness, considering that his skill usually gets him out of situations like this.

Besides, he can't let Electro hog all the glory, can he?

He transformed into robot mode mid-air, and landed a short distance away from Skram. "Preach it, brother!" Volt yelled, unsheathing his blade, which crackled with energy, and launching a ball of yellow lightning at one of the turrets aimed at Skram, blowing it up.

"Aaaand once more into the jaws of death..." Drift muttered, revving up his engines, grinding up the corpses littering the ground near him, and shot off into where the Autobots were battling Shock-Wave.

Again, he still had no idea what to do with just a greatsword and seventeen-odd swords... but he had to try, didn't he?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Constructicon Hospital

"Oh scrap, I hope so," Scrapper agreed with Long Haul. "I don't think I can stand any more of this kind of excitement."

The Constructicon leader chuckled. "We'll just have to measure you first," he told Gravedigger. "See if we'd need to make any changes to the combiner kibble. The last thing we want is to wind up with one leg shorter than the other. But I'm sure we can engineer something up."

Sideswipe just grunted. He'd stopped enjoying the drive, now, and he headed straight toward the hastily-constructed field hospital.

"We're here," he told Searchlight flatly. "I know most of the doctors here are 'Cons, but they'll help you out. Or else."

Hate Plague Danger Zone

Rage shrugged. "I'd love to, but as funny as it would be to see all your friends run in terror from me if I joined the hunt I think it might be a bit disruptive," he told Blast Off. "So I suppose I'll just stay here."

"Yeah," Fireflight agreed. "They wouldn't like that too much."

Imperial Landing Zone

Sandstorm grabbed the axe out of the air with one hand a took a few experimental swings with it.

"Just my size," he said appreciatively. "I'll have to buy me one of these when we get back to Iacon. Looks perfect for chopping up Thunderwings."

He used the axe to prod a fallen Trakkon, evaluating the corpse's tires. "I'd say his rims are the same size as mine," he told his fellow Triplechanger. "You take off. I'm gonna steal these and I'll be right behind you."

Acid Storm corkscrewed, then dove toward the ground to get out of Mirage's firing arc before the Imperial blew him out of the sky.

"Then die," he told the much larger Transformer. "All you'll have to do is climb out of that hole you're standing in, and you'll get fried before you know what hit you."

He accelerated away from the Imperial, adding, "But I'm not helping you commit suicide because you can't deal with change. Guess what? We're Transformers. Change is what we do. Deal with it, or don't. Not my problem anymore."

Skydive considered Drift's report.

"Feed me the coordinates," he told the other Autobot. "Send them to Air Raid too. We'll be there in fifty seconds."

The Lunatic Fringe

"You actually think I care about the Decepticons?" Starscream asked Prime mockingly. "That bunch of cowards and idiots? Ha!"

Transforming to jet mode, the Seeker rocketed at Prime. He was shaken by the Autobot leader's concussive blast, but his speed let him dodge the brunt of it. Still, it was enough to force him to transform back to robot mode and land on the ground behind Optimus, Springer left in his proverbial dust.

"You're not going to let me do anything, Prime. I've had enough of your sanctimonious, arrogant holier-than-thou attitude. And unlike Megatron, I'm actually going to do something about it!"

With a big grin, he fired a cluster bomb at Prime's back. Apparently the arrogant Decepticon leader hadn't noticed Springer at all, because he left himself open to attack from that flank.

Slugslinger quailed when he saw four Thunderwings standing in the room that they'd charged into, but a quick glance over his shoulder showed him that Misfire was not only not showing fear, but actually looked calm and collected.

Am I gonna let that slagger show me up? Hell no!

Raising weapon-mode Caliburst, he unleashed a stream of automatic weapons fire at the nearest of the shells.

"I'll show you afraid," he muttered.

Identifying that the real Thunderwing was the one writhing on the ground in pain, Spinister sidestepped Prime and Starscream, raised Singe and set the self-styled Pretender Lord on fire.

Thunderwing's satisfying screams assured him that he'd chosen correctly.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Lunatic Fringe

Optimus Prime's optics followed Starscream as he shot overhead and land behind him.

The opportunistic Seeker may have managed to put the Autobot Leader's apex armor out of commission, but he would not land an attack so easily a second time.

Instinctively, he ducked down, peripherally aware of the Decepticon's cluster bomb. "You claim superiority over him, Starscream, but Megatron - the real Megatron," Optimus retorted as he swung his leg back in a half-circle, "would not have so easily been seduced - or controlled by the Matrix. You've played right into Thunderwing's hands."

(OOC: Aw, poor Hoist. I almost forgot he was there :()

Hoist sat at the boarding ramp of his shuttle, looking out toward the city-state center. For the time being, all had fallen silent.

Another moment of respite?

Certainly, there was no gigantic Imperial moving towards the encampment that the Autobot mechanic could see, and the far-off sounds of conflict had died down. Surely it was safe to assume the Fortress Maximus and the others had managed to avert another catastrophe?

At some point, they'd be heading back, no doubt for repairs.

And sure enough, from the corner of Hoist's optics, came Sideswipe and Windcharger, towing a Searchlight behind them. Not quite who he was expecting, of course - this was after all the first time the encampment had received anyone from the Iaconian forces - but still a pleasant surprise.

"Well, I'll be..."

Hoist stood up and waved the Autobots over.

En Route

"Seven mechanoids, you say?" queried Perceptor. "Curious. I presumed there would be more."

Pointblank sighed. "Perceptor -- there's a good reason why there are less bodies now at the red zone."

"Ah, yes -the uncontrollable rage. All the more reason we maintain a safe distance, mm?" the science officer replied in a wry voice. "Speaking of which -- Sixshot; are there any nearby structures that we can utilize?"

Southwest Border

"Preach it, brother!" Volt yelled.

Skram chuckled. "Right. 'Cos everyone knows I kick aft for Primus." The young Autobot flipped away from the first turret's cannonade with ease, fired his rifle mid-spin, and deftly landed. "How's that for a sermon?"

Volt took out the second battery, directly behind the Axelerator -- but, as Shock-Wave abruptly rose, Skram lost his equilibrium, leaving him open to the third turret...

A charge hit him squarely in the back and sent him plummeting, head first, over the Imperial craft's stern.

"Dammit -- Skram!" Guzzle shouted. "Road Rocket, get 'im out of there!"

"On it!" Road Rocket jumped into cycle mode and bolted toward the fallen Axelerator.

"Lead Foot; we're takin' this stinkin' trash barge down!"

The Sparkabot transformed, and with Leadfoot and the remaining perimeter guard, charged for Shock-Wave's component part, continuing their assault on the vessel's underside.

----

At very least, the perimeter guard prevented Omega Sentinel 02 from sustaining further grievous damage and use those precious seconds to find its bearings.

Stomping a few gigantic footfalls forward, it chose one of the Shock-Wave's shuttlecrafts*, currently engaged by the comparatively tiny Autobot forces, and drove its claw down on it.

(OOC: * - The other one, I guess. The one Volt, Guzzle and everyone else are NOT fighting.)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Constructicon Hospital

“If Gravedigger causes imbalance problems we could turn Mixmaster into a cane or something.” Long Haul told Scrapper. “Though, come to think of it, it’s kind of ridiculous, isn’t it, having a big giant robot walking around with a cane? Who’d ever heard of it?”

Long Haul sighed, and peered out of the window. “Aaaaand those buffoons Sideswipe and the little red one, what’s-his-name, come here with more wounded. I miss fighting them.”

Windcharger transformed silently next to Sideswipe, not answering his now-silent friend. “Right. They’ll help you.” Windcharger said, as Searchlight transformed into robot mode and shook his head, following the two older Autobots as they walked towards the compound…

Windcharger’s mouth broke into a smile as he saw a familiar, unexpected face, one he had not seen for a long, long time. Windcharger walked over towards the larger Autobot and gave him a friendly punch on the arm. “Hoist? Hoist! Damn, it’s been quite a while, hasn’t it? Love to stay and chat, but Searchlight here, he’s got wounded by Demons.”

Hate Plague Danger Zone

“In our immediate vicinity, at least.” Sixshot replied to Perceptor as he flew closer to Blast Off and Fireflight’s position. “I can see many more movement, but they are not as… vigorous as the seven or so near us. There seems to be an elevation around five kliks west to your position, a former building or so… the Imperial bombers were quite thorough.”

Sixshot moved closer. “I can identify… Ultra Magnus, an Autobot I do not recognize, one of the Battle Gaia team, Rage of the Stormtroopers, and a short distance away, I see Breakdown of the Stunticons, and two- no, three Terrorcons.”

“Of course, you could-” Blast Off’s words to Rage were cut short as he noticed Sixshot moving towards them. “Holy scrap-”

“I’m infected no longer.” Sixshot said as he transformed into robot mode and hovered mid-air with jet boosters. “We have the cure.”

“About time, too.” Blast Off said. “That guy Jackpot’s about to get up and I’m running out of limbs to shoot.”

Imperial Landing Zone

“Wee bit too big for you, isn’t it?” Broadside chuckled at Sandstorm. “Keep it. I bring spares. Lots of spares.”

Panels on the ammunition packs on Broadside’s back slid open and a second vibro-ax slid out. “Once you’ve done scavenging the dead, join us. I’ve been listening in on the Autobot frequencies, and there’s trouble in the Southwest borders. With luck, we’ll get some hits in before the Aerialbots scorch the ground and kill everything that lives. Come, Topspin.” Broadside transformed and took into the air, shooting away.

Mirage growled. “We are Cybertronians. We are Cybertron! ‘Transformers’ is a label you put on yourself. The world needs to adapt to us, not the other way around! I am a proud member- a proud warrior- of the Cybertronian race, and I will die! A! Warrior!”

The giant Imperial roared as he leapt out of the hole, the lightning bolts raining down on him as soon as he did so, tearing his circuits apart, shorting out his neurons and systems. He kept firing blasts at Acid Storm, who was out of range…

He kept firing.

And after his ammunition was spent, Mirage simply dropped down face first, dead.

Southwest Border

“Affirmative, Air Commander.” Drift replied, sending the coordinates to Skydive and Air Raid. “It’s about… here. You can’t miss them, the two giant vessels trading fire with a half-dead Omega Sentinel.”

Drift used the rubble from a building as a makeshift ramp to launch himself into the air, transforming as he did so and drawing out his blades, and landing on Shock, growling as he hung on to the swords embedded onto the giant’s hide.

(OOC: For ease’s sake, let’s call the half that Skram and company fighting ‘Shock’ and the one that the Gadep is fighting as ‘Wave’.)

“It will do nicely. I think I’m a believer now, Skram!” Volt chuckled, but Shock moved abruptly, and Volt lost his footing, tumbling to the side. Even as he did so he tried to help Skram, who was hit by a turret, but the Axelerator was too far away from him.

Volt tried to use his blade to slow his fall, slamming it into Shock’s hull, but the electrified blade instead cut through the hull’s exterior armour like butter, not slowing Volt down at all. “Oh no no no no no-”

Volt slid clear off Shock’s deck and plummeted down towards the ground… or he would have, if something hadn’t yanked him out of the air. Volt hung stupidly, before glancing up to see Drift, grabbing onto a part of his back kibble with his left hand while the right gripped a blade jutting out of Shock’s side.

“You kids and your new-fangled laser swords.” Drift sighed.

“Yeah, I’m starting to think jumping up here is a bad idea.” Volt said.

Drift shook his head, planted his feet against Shock’s hull, and launched himself off of Shock, pulling out his sword in the process. Volt screamed, but Drift did a small cartwheel in the air, landing on his feet next to Leadfoot and Guzzle in a crouch that would not damage much. “Which one of you is in command here?” Drift asked. “The Aerialbots are incoming. We need to buy them time.”

Wave shimmied to the side, Zero-Two’s claw slamming down on empty ground. Wave put its thrusters in reverse, trying to get away from Zero-Two, while aiming its turrets and armament at the Omega Sentinel’s gaping wounds.

The Lunatic Fringe

Springer saw that Starscream’s transformation would put him out of his intended impact, and he adjusted his fall by tucking himself in, causing himself to skid across the floor harmlessly away from Optimus Prime’s barrage.

Let it not be known that Springer fell to friendly fire.

“Honestly, is monologuing all you Decepticons do?” Springer grumbled under his breath.

Springer was very aware of their Decepticon allies storming the room and setting fire to one of the Thunderwings – the real one – and he was very, very tempted to enact his own attack against the aristocrat. But he doubted Spinister’s company would do any more than stall Thunderwing, and besides he told Prime he would handle Starscream.

Also, the idiot Seeker left his flank so very wide open.

Keep him talking, Prime…

Springer launched himself towards Starscream again, blade outstretched, intending to impale the Seeker through his back.

Misfire took in the sight of the room. Four Thunderwings, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Springer…

Slugslinger opened fire immediately on the nearest shells, while Optimus Prime and Springer were engaging Starscream. Misfire raised his ion rifle and joined Slugslinger, snapping off a few shots onto the nearest shell…

But Spinister, he opened fire… literally… on the real Thunderwing, who screamed. That’s the one. Misfire switched targets, hands firm, and opened fire on Thunderwing, mouth drawn in a taut line.

Here he was, Misfire, for Primus’ sake, fighting in the very front lines, fighting against Thunderwing himself. Thunderwing, who struck fear into the Autobots, the Decepticons and the Cybertronian Empire… and Misfire was launching ion bolts onto his face. “Sluggy, aim for the burning one.”
Chip1123
Protoform

Imperial Landing Zone

Post by Chip1123 »

"We've lost a few today" Topspin said to Broadside. "Don't know where the others are." As broadside took off, Topspin transformed and followed. "What kind of trouble? More of the Hate Plague?" Topspin asked, a shiver going down his neural circuits.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Imperial Landing Zone

"Nah, the 'giant Imperial death machine' kind of trouble." Broadside replied to Topspin with a chuckle. "Finally, finally something we can fix with a little wreck and rule. Arm your missiles, buddy, we're going to hurt this thing so bad."

The triple-changer sighed. Seems like all they've done after arriving in Protihex was to beat up a couple of second-rate Imperial captains and kill a bunch of Stormtroopers. Hardly Wrecker material. This was a chance, a chance to actually cause some damage to the enemy.

Granted, Broadside was late to the party, unlike the rest of the team...

Primus, Whirl.

If they had arrived sooner, if someone hadn't set off a nuke inside Iacon, maybe Whirl would still be alive. Broadside wouldn't be bored. Broadside made a disgusted noise with himself. The largest battle on Cybertron, and he was late. Late! What would Impactor have said?

Damn it.

"I'm getting old." Broadside muttered under his breath. "We're getting old, aren't we, Topspin? All those young kids under the Aerialbots, those new soldiers, the Turbomasters and other guys I don't recognize... they're all catching up with us."
Chip1123
Protoform

Imperial Landing Zone

Post by Chip1123 »

"Speak for yourself." Topspin said to Broadside. "I'm just as good as I ever was." Topspin's boast rang hollow in his own ears though as he looked at his damage indicators. "And besides... experience and guts go a long way into making up whatever technological advantages they may have." He said, heavily stressing the 'may'.

"But either way, let's make sure they live past today to surpass us. We'll need new Wreckers to fill the ranks. Hopefully after today, we'll have some with experience and the attitude to do it." He said to Broadside, not dwelling on the fact that the 'replacements' would be taking the place of fallen comrades.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Skies

Broadside made a noncommittal grunt at Topspin's boast. He knew that the other Wrecker was probably feeling the damage from all that's happened...

Twin Twist, too...

"Can't argue about these kids' guts." Broadside replied to Topspin. "They remind me of, well, us. Us when we were young and blew up Smelting Pools and freed Straxus' slaves and stuff... they're good. They're definitely Wrecker material... I'm just..."

Broadside paused, frowning internally, trying to articulate the nagging feeling he had. "I'm just... worried? Hopeful? That there won't be the need for the Wreckers after this. I mean, we're all allies now, all the Decepticons, all the neutrals. Not that I'm going soft... I still think they'll backstab us. Not now, maybe. Twenty, thirty years later? And maybe someone like Grimlock would want to lead an assault to the Hub, wherever it was..."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Constructicon Hospital

Three of the Aerialbots on medivac duty flew in, dragging an unconscious Snarl behind them using thick silver-white cables.

"Uh...don't touch him," Skysickle told the Constructicons down on the ground. "Hate Plague and all. We're only safe because we've got rheanimum tow cables. We heard you've got a cure now though, so Skydive has us bringing in the damaged and disabled infected."

Behind them, other Aerialbots were flying in the battered bodies of Great Cannon, Leyland, Blurr and the rest of the Stormtroopers.

"Boss said you'll probably be able to fix them," Storm Jet added. "You know, once the excitement has passed."

Scrapper looked at the pile of broken robots and sighed. "Back to the grind," he told Long Haul. "Use Hook's cure to disinfect them first, then start scanning to see which ones we can fix and which ones we should break up for spare parts. You know, for Devastator's cane." The Constructicon leader chuckled to himself as he started tuning his scanners.

Sideswipe gave Hoist as friendly of a smile as he could manage at the moment, which wasn't much.

"Good to see you," he said a bit more curtly than he'd have liked. "Please look after Searchlight."

Hate Plague Danger Zone

"You mean I don't get to fight you?" Rage asked Sixshot in mock-disappointment. "Pity."

Fireflight was confused. "So I don't have to shoot anyone else now?" He asked Perceptor. "Uh...can you do something about this big hanging red cloud all around down there? 'Cause I don't think that's a good thing either, you know?"

Nearby, Ultra Magnus was regaining his vision, and could see a dark-coloured blur where the group of observers had congregated.

Imperial Landing Zone

(OOC: On the toys at least, Broadside's axe actually looks great with Sandstorm.)

Having chopped the axles off of the Trakkon, Sandstorm quickly pulled the wheels off and replaced his own bent, tireless rims with the new pristine set.

"Well, it's not perfect, but at least I'll roll somewhere. Fighting, here I come!"

Transforming to his car mode, he rolled out after Broadside and Sandstorm.

Acid Storm transformed to robot mode, landed on a nearby building and watched Mirage's giant corpse telescope back into the hole he'd climbed out of.

"Slagging moron," he muttered. Then he shook his head. "Slagged moron, now. What a waste."

Skydive sent Drift an acknowledgement, then accelerated to full speed and roared toward the scene of the battle. About half-way there he met Air Raid, and he was obliged to throttle back slightly so that he didn't leave his wingman in the dust.

"Another of the big ones?" Air Raid asked.

"Yep," Skydive acknowledged.

"Good," Air Raid said happily. "I haven't gotten to sink my teeth into a real opponent all day. I feel like a damned babysitting service lately."

"You're good at it," Skydive told his friend, telling the truth but taking more pleasure in it than he probably should have. "You'll get used to it."

"Primus, I hope not."

Arriving at the scene of the battle, they dove in tandem and strafed Wave with nega-gun and torque rifle fire. By design or not, the combined effect of their two weapons had always been devestating -- Skydive's nega-gun weakened matter and Air Raid's torque rifle tore it apart.

The Lunatic Fringe

Starscream laughed at Optimus Prime's painfully transparent attempt to sway him from his destiny. "Megatron is dead and I'm still here," he told the Autobot leader, scorn practically dripping from his words. "I think that settles the question of which of us was superior. And I've managed to end two Megatrons now, something you either couldn't or wouldn't do. If you accept me as your better, Optimus, things will go easier for you and your Autobots."

Ducking under Prime's kick, he heard Springer coming after the foolish Autobot ruined his sneak attack with a taunt. But although he dodged out of the way of the blade, Starscream wasn't quick enough to evade the Autobot's bulk and he found himself slammed to the ground.

"Not this time, my old minion," Thunderwing said. The fire that was wreathing him seemed to wash off like so much water and the Pretender shot to his feet, grabbing Spinister by the throat in one lightning-fast move that left Misfire's shots to tear apart the floor where he'd been lying moments ago. With the Targetmaster leader in hand, he slammed him into the nearby desk hard enough to shatter it into splinters.

"It was a good trick you played the last time we met," Thunderwing said through gritted teeth. "You hurt me. Good show. But now it's my turn."

Smiling cruelly, Thunderwing lifted Spinister up into the air with one arm and tossed him across the room. Spinister hit the wall so hard that he left a moderate-sized Targetmaster-shaped dent into it as he crumpled to the floor.

"The burning one. Right."

Slugslinger tried to follow Misfire's lead and shoot the real Thunderwing, but suddenly he wasn't burning anymore. The shell was suddenly moving so quickly that the braggart couldn't get a bead on him without hitting Spinister.

"Dammit," he muttered to himself. Spinister would want him to take the shot anyway, to take the fight to the enemy no matter what happened to him. But Slugslinger hesitated...just long enough for one of the empty shells to lunge at him, grab his forearm and twist him to the ground.

"No," the shell said. "You won't interfere."

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw another of the shells vaulting at Misfire.