[G1 RPG] Terminus: The King is Dead (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Chip1123
Protoform

Medical Bay, Darkmount

Post by Chip1123 »

"Well what else would you be doing if you weren't a medic?" Thrust asked Scrapper. "Making new buildings for us to tear down? Until the war is over, not much use in that."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Corridors, Darkmount

"Oh, for the love of all that's insectoid," Kickback spat as he ducked behind a doorframe and opened fire on Slicer, "Not funny, Bombers! Not funny at all!"

Astrotain's Office

"You may not," Buzzsaw told Relay politely. "He's busy meeting with the t -- er, with Lord Starscream. But I should be able to assist you with whatever you need."

Or slice you to ribbons to keep this mess out of the news, if that's what it takes.

Nodding to Blackjack, he said, "Excellent work. Keep it up and you might end up taking over Wingthing's old job as our press secretary."

Medical Bay, Darkmount

"Yes, thank you so much for underlining the complete and utter futility of my existence," Scrapper told Thrust. But unlike the Autobots who would have expressed the same opinion, he barked out a mirthful laugh. "I'd rather be gluing you people back together after a fight with the Autobots than with each other, though. That, or building a peace monument from the corpses of all the Autobots we've killed."
Chip1123
Protoform

Medical Bay, Darkmount

Post by Chip1123 »

Thrust started laughing at the idea of a monument to peace being made out of the dead bodies of the Autobots - the ones who wanted the peace so much.

"If you ever build that, it is one building I would not want to tear down." He said to Scrapper. That would be some building. I wonder if the Autobots would appreciate the irony?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors, Darkmount

"For the love of all that's insectoid?" Bombshell repeated Kickback's word, raising an optic ridge. "That's unbelievably-"

Shrapnel prodded his charged finger closer to Bombshell's forehead. "Stop the goon, now, now." the Insecticon hissed. "Or I fry your mind, mind."

Astrotain's Office

Blackjack wanted to ask whatever happened to Wingthing, but wisely kept his mouth shut. "Thank you." He said instead. "I will keep it up, no problem to that."

That was not a problem, really. A relatively low-risk situation.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Corridors, Darkmount

Kickback scowled at Bombshell. "Unless, of course, you're not controlling him at all," he added to Shrapnel's threat. "Then we kill Slicer first, and maybe you second for being such a bad shot!"

Astrotrain's Office

Buzzsaw frowned pensively. "I suppose that means we'll need to get a shorter podium, then," he told Blackjack. "Or a really big pile of phone books."

Medical Bay, Darkmount

"Well, probably not," Scrapper told Thrust. "Being dead and all, it would probably dampen their already-slim grasp of the concept. But I'd enjoy it enough for all of us."

As he worked, a battered Ramjet barged in and said, "You almost done, Green? I got somethin' I need Thrust fer."

"Give me a few minutes, you cement-skulled oaf," Scrapper told him. "This is delicate work."

"No one ever says that when they're fixin' me," Ramjet groused. "Now why's that?"

"Because we know you're just going to ruin our work by flying into the first brick wall you see after you walk out of medbay," Scrapper told him. "Although speaking of, someone really should look at your...well, your all of you before you go anywhere, with Thrust or not."

Turning back to his patient, he nodded. "All done. How does it feel?"
Chip1123
Protoform

Medical Bay, Darkmount

Post by Chip1123 »

Standing up, he rotated his arm, making sure the connections were all secure. "Guess it's a good thing we have so many Seekers - keep these parts in stock for us. Working well." Thrust replied to Scrapper.

Turning over to Ramjet, "So after that whole... mess," he said referring to the clone-megatron ordeal, "no down-time, huh? What's up?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medical Bay, Darkmount

"Same thing that was up before all this crap," Ramjet told Thrust. "Dirge. Warpy's gone, we got no idea what happened to TC...Dunno about you, but I ain't leavin' the last'a our bros brainwashed behind enemy lines."

Scrapper sighed. "Cool it, brainwave. Unless you sit down for ten minutes and let me glue you back together the next carcass we chop apart and use as spare seeker bits is going to be yours."

To Thrust he said, "All readings are nominal. You should be good to go."

"We don't got time for this, doc," Ramjet said. "For all we know, Dirge could be off somewhere do-gooding against his will!"

"You've had, what, six or seven years to worry about that?" Scrapper grabbed Ramjet and swung him bodily onto a table. "Unless you want to go out there is the sort of shape you'd have to be in to get manhandled by Constructicons, I mean..."

Ramjet grumbled under his breath.

"What? I didn't catch that," Scrapper told him.

"I said work fast," Ramjet spat. "I've lost 'nuff seekers for one day. Not gonna loose another."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Corridors , Darkmount

Slicer struggled against the commands

"Help me I don't want to die because your frackin'g shells aren't wired right."¬
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

On phones all over Darkmount red flashing lights started to pulse. And a shrill alarm time ring tone split the air.
Chip1123
Protoform

Medical Bay, Darkmount

Post by Chip1123 »

"Considering our old plan required more Seekers," Thrust began "Do you have a new plan to get Dirge to come out of hiding?" He asked Ramjet, standing up from the table.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors, Darkmount

"Disconnect him, now, now!" Shrapnel yelled. "And Slicer, you stand down, down."

"Okay, okay." Bombshell said, and severed the mental connection to Slicer. The alarms started to blare then, and Bombshell gave Shrapnel a questioning glance.

"Wasn't me, me." Shrapnel said. "Security, this is Shrapnel, what in the name of Coleop is going on, on?" Shrapnel's optics grew wide, then narrowed. He clicked off his communicator and cursed.

"What, you figured out the reason for the whole wee-woo-wee-woo thing?" Bombshell asked.

"No, no."

"Then?"

"We have a bigger problem, and you better not our job worse, Bombers, Bombers." Shrapnel opened a commlink to Soundwave and Starscream. "Lord Starscream, Soundwave, this is Security Head Shrapnel, Shrapnel. We have no idea what caused the alarms, but we do know something... the Warworld had just appeared above Crystal City, City."

Blackjack was about to say something else to Buzzsaw, then stopped. "What was that?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Corridors, Darkmount

Kickback cuffed Bombshell upside the head as soon as he'd deactivated the cerebro-shell. "If that happens again you won't get the benefit of the doubt, just a bullet to the brain. Got it?"

(OOC: I'm moving Starscream for a few posts, so that the plot doesn't hang up while Clogs is away)

"Has it?" Soundwave asked Shrapnel sarcastically. "How wildly unexpected."

He turned to Starscream. "We also have a call incoming from Gigatron. Shall we take it in the throne room?"

"No," Starscream said, waving his hand dismissively. "I've got nothing to say to him."

Soundwave sighed. "Starscream, I don't think you grasp how precarious your situation is. Our troops are in shock right now, and they've accepted you as leader because I told them too and they haven't had any time to really think through it. If you sit here preening while Gigatron and the Autobots fight the Imperials, you'll give them that time. Then one of two things happen. Either your troops desert you to join the fight, or someone more prone to action kills you and takes command. Either way ends badly for you. So you're coming with me to the throne room and we're having a conversation with Gigatron, no matter how bad a taste that idea leaves in your mouth."

Starscream groaned theatrically. "Fine, Soundwave. But only because it'll take less time than listening to another one of your ridiculous lectures."

"Good. Shrapnel, finish stowing your prisoner, but make sure you put him somewhere comfortable. We may need his services sooner than expected."

(OOC: The conversation with Gigatron will happen in the Crystal City thread)

Astrotrain's Office

"Not a clue," Buzzsaw lied to Blackjack. "We should probably clear the corridors and get everyone ready though, just in case."

The cassette cawed, then made a 'move along' gesture with his wings.

"Get to your action stations, everyone!"

Medical Bay, Darkmount

"Oh, you know me," Ramjet told Thrust as Scrapper worked to repair his battered armour. "Never been one for plans. I figger we just find him, club him over the head and drag him somewhere where we can have a good talk."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors, Darkmount

"Ow!" Bombshell said.

Shrapnel resisted the urge to call Soundwave out, knowing that he had a hand on the mess today, but didn't do so. The last thing he needed was to be out of a job. Instead he settled for clicking off the communicator rudely, snorting. "If you shoot Bombers, I have dibs on the mortar launcher, launcher."

"I hate the both of you."

"We hate you too, too."

Astrotrain's Office

Blackjack shrugged and transformed into his muscle car mode. "Where exactly is my action station?"

Tinker gestured Heatstroke, Fumarole and Zephyr along as they moved towards some of the turrets surrounding Darkmount.

Medical Bay, Darkmount

Bonecrusher, patting a Decepticon he's repaired, chuckled at Ramjet. "I hear you, Seeker. That's the truth of it, it's the best way t'knock some sense inta someone. If Scraps here joins the Autobots I'll gladly do the same thing. I'll tap a wee bit harder, though."
Chip1123
Protoform

Medical Bay, Darkmount

Post by Chip1123 »

"Leaving out the part about getting him away from his Autobot pals." Thrust said to Ramjet. "Hard to get him back here if we're having to fight both him and those lousy Autobots."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Medbay, Darkmount

"Eh, Thrust, Rammers, he's one of yer triad. He'll come to y'all with the correct persuasion. 'Specially wit' Iacon in the state that it is rightabouts now." Bonecrusher said. "Jus' sayin'."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Corridors, Darkmount

Kickback groaned. "I was wondering why I stopped working with you two. Thanks for the reminder, guys."

Then the Insecticon straightened up and asked, "But seriously. Shrapnel, Bombshell...what do we do now? I'm all for abusing someone dumb enough to spout off in public," glancing at Slicer he added, "no offence, but once the dust settles from this Warworld and Imperial mess do either of you really want to be working for Starscream of all people?"

Astrotrain's Office

Buzzsaw shrugged. "Well, considering the body count today you probably count as a senior officer," he told Blackjack. "We should head up to Ops. Hopefully Megatron didn't rampage through there before he headed down here, because it's been rebuilt enough for one week.

Medical Bay, Darkmount

Ramjet shrugged. "I figger we can work through that when we get there," he told Thrust, before Scrapper smacked him upside the head.

"Stop moving," he told the seeker, "unless you're hoping for me to accidentally weld you to the bed."

Remjet shook his head and groaned. "Whatever, doc." He turned (making sure that only his head moved) to Bonecrusher and said, "See, this guy here's got the right idea. Don't leave a buddy behind, even if you've gotta smack 'em a few times ta make 'em see things right. And since Dirge things he's a big Autobot hero now, finding him won't be tough. Just need a disaster that calls for Autobot jets, and he'll be there in the front row."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors, Darkmount

"Just Bombshell, I reckon, reckon." Shrapnel told Kickback. The other Insecticon then asked about what to do after the mes... and Shrapnel shook his head. "Not Starscream, that's for sure, sure. Gigatron or Soundwave or, hell, Straxus I might put up with, but not Starscream, Starscream."

"Guy's a dunce." Bombshell nodded. "So we agree on something."

"What say we enlist in the strike team that Starscream no doubt would be sending to the Warworld, Warworld?" Shrapnel asked. "It'll give us a chance to go underground in all the chaos that would ensue, ensue. Figure things out then, then."

"Get our cloning powers back and make ourselves an army." Bombshell quipped.

Ignoring Bombshell, Shrapnel shrugged, "Plus, the Warworld reaaaally looks tasty, tasty."

Corridors, Darkmount

"Hnn." Blackjack snorted as he zipped alongside Buzzsaw towards Operations. "This wasn't how I planned on advancing up the ranks..."

Medical Bay, Darkmount

"If yous' are plannin' to meet 'im, better make it peaceful and slag. If Dirge thinks 'ee's an Autobot, then he'll be thrilled t'know that his buddies are tryin' to defect..." Bonecrusher smirked. "When really y'all are gonna be head smackin'."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Corridors, Darkmount

Slicer nodded

"it wasn't my finest hour."

Astrotrain's Office

Hex walked in .

"looks like you had fun up here? whats going on?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Corridors, Darkmount

Kickback chuckled. "As tasty as it looks, we probably shouldn't eat the one thing that would let us decide our own fate. It would make a lovely Insecticon nest, if all else fails." He frowned. "I wonder how many more of our brethren are still out there."

He gave Slicer a smile. "Don't worry. We've all had bad days."

Coming to a stop, he said, "We're here. Your spark's in the right place, so I figure we can trust you in the minimum-security brig." He gestured toward a room that looked more like a guest suite than a prison cell.

Astrotrain's Office

Buzzsaw frowned at Hex. "Who are you again? Are you the one Soundwave keeps locked up in the basement all the time?"

Medical Bay, Darkmount

"Eh, I dunno," Ramjet told Bonecrusher. "You think he'd buy it? I mean, me and Thrust here...we're not exactly the 'peace and good gov'ment' types, you know? Would you believe we wanted to join the goody-two-shoes?"

Throne Room

After closing their transmission with Gigatron, Starscream turned to Soundwave and said, "I think you need to explain exactly what you've been up to for the last few years."

The communications officer shrugged. "While Megatron was off gallivanting around Kaon, I didn't have much to do other than supervise the staff who wrote his self-serving propaganda. They're at your disposal now, by the way."

"Are they? I'll remember that," Starscream said dryly. "Go on."

"You mentioned how Gigatron destroyed all of our starships," Soundwave told him. "And he did. That's why I have a secret factory in the basement assembling replacements."

"You do?" Starscream asked. He was surprised at first, but quickly recovered, smirking. "Just how many ships are we talking about?"

"You'll have to talk to Tracer to get an exact count," Soundwave said. "They'd just started production when I handed that project off to him."

"And what about the, ahem, 'nifty gadgets the Constructicons have been working on'?"

"A gigantic mass driver," Soundwave told him. "Gigatron probably thinks it's a weapon, but he's only half right."

"Then what is it?"

"A way to take back what's ours." Soundwave projected a hologram between the two of them. "This is another thing that the aerospace R&D team built for me. They're breaching pods. Almost entirely armour, with built-in inertial dampeners so that whoever's riding them will survive a sudden deceleration from relativistic speed. They don't have much internal space -- no one bigger than a Micromaster can fit inside, unless you shrink down in alt-mode like I do."

Starscream nodded. "So when you take a shot at the Warworld with your giant gun, you plan on including some of these in with the real ammo?"

"Exactly," Soundwave agreed. "If we assume that most of the Imperials are on Cybertron participating in the ground battle, then an infiltration team would stand a good chance of retaking the ship."

"Soundwave, you've outdone yourself this time," Starscream crowed. But then he grew more serious. "I'm not sure I like the idea of you floating above my head in command of a Warworld, though."

"Starscream, if I wanted your job I would have it. The last thing you need to worry about is me staging a power grab."

"Why not?" Starscream asked. "Seriously. You obviously know what you're doing. In fact, you seem to think you know better than your leader -- better than me what to do! Why wouldn't you want to take over? For all I know you're plotting against me already!"

"Of course I am," Soundwave told him bluntly. "Just like I was plotting against Megatron from the moment he returned to power. But I don't do that because I want to be leader. Frankly, it would be a waste of my talents and force me to do things that I'm not good at. I'm plotting against you because it's my job to make sure that the right mech is leading the Decepticons -- and if he's not, to get rid of him."

"And how do I know you won't get rid of me as soon as I've outlived my usefulness?"

"Don't outlive your usefulness," Soundwave told him. "It's my job to protect the Decepticons, not just from their enemies on the outside but from themselves as well. In fact, especially from themselves. You and I know that I'm very good at it. And we both know that the things that make me so good in that role would make me a terrible leader. I need you just as much as you need me, and as long as we both do our jobs neither of us has anything to fear from the other one. Do we have an understanding?"

Starscream thought about it for a moment, then nodded. "I think we do. Assemble your boarding party."

"Thank you," Soundwave said. Then, over the intercom he announced, "All available Cassettes, Micromasters and Insecticons, plus anyone else who's the same size, meet me in cargo bay six immediately."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Corridor

Slicer walked slowly into his cell.

"good luck boys , if we all survive the first round of energon is on me."

Slicer pulled out a piece of chalk and started to size up the expanse of blank wall.

~*~

Hex looked sternly at Buzzsaw.

"i guess Laserbeak hasn't got round to briefing you but yes I'm in charge of Special Projects."