[New RPG] The Two Solitudes: Iacon (Autobot)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Prime's Chambers, Tower of Pion

Zeta rose to firmly clasp the hand of Yoketron. He grimaced at Terabolt's non-protocol behaviour, but then he could forgive her just about anything and she knew it.

"It is good to see you, my friend. And to know that you," he addressed Terabolt with a warm smile: "...have not really changed so much inside."

The ancient Prime gestured for Yoketron to sit and resumed his own chair.

"What brings you here?"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chip1123
Protoform

War Academy

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin laughed at Warpath's comment, and looked over at Bombard. "Wanna watch them go through the Obstacle Course? I'm on leave at the moment, and I'm curious to see if any of them can make it through."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

"I wish it were a social call my friend, but but we both know too well that it isn't," Yoketron spoke with a somber tone, sitting down in the chair while Terabolt straightened up to a more proper posture. "I'm sure rumor has reached you by now and the rest of Cybertron, but it is no rumor. Ancient monuments, sacred grounds, even the temples themselves are under attack."

Yoketron paused briefly, leaning back as though recalling all of the information. "So far it has been mostly property damage, the outwards apperances of vandals taking out fustration on all things representative of the faith in Primus, but such is not so. There is too many altercations in too many different areas, the vandals too well armed. Someone is going to great lengths to orchestrate things to not look orchestrated, but the growing scale of it makes things clear."
Brave Maximus

Stellar Galleries

Post by Brave Maximus »

Alpha Trion wandered through the galleries, following a path he didn't know. He trusted his instincts, they would lead him where he needed to be. He clasped his hands behind his back, smiling at the young Transformers around him. He entered the largest chamber in the Galleries, one that held Cybertron.

The old mech smiled to himself, knowing that it wasn't always like this.

He spotted the figure floating around the sculpture and his optics widened. He'd found the reason.....

"It's quite beautiful isn't it? It's amazing what we've done to it's surface....."

He allowed his defences to drop against the other mech. He could be seen, and heard and remembered, if at least a little bit.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Trainyards

Red Alert sighed as he finished talking to the last of the yard employees.

"Useless," he muttered. "Absolutely useless..."

The detective wandered back into the server room where Nightbeat was working.

"Well, I hope you've had more luck than I did," he told his partner. "No one saw a thing and all the yards' security systems that should have IDed our vic or recorded the killing managed to mysteriously fail over the last week."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Stellar Galleries

Obsidian jerked at Alpha Trion's voice, fingers at his left hand retracting back into their ports on Obsidian's wrist. The General aimed his hand at Alpha Trion, and the manner he did so made it no question that they were artillery ports.

Obsidian let out a sigh, and his fingers extended back from his wrist. "You surprised me. Not many come here nowadays. Sorry about that. Old habits." Obsidian told the unfamiliar old Transformer.

He hovered down so he was optic level with Alpha Trion, although even then the tip of his 'tail' only reached Alpha Trion's waist. "Yes, it is beautiful. What else could describe our home, the great jewel in the endless void of space?"

Obsidian's shoulders sagged, and his head drooped down. "But no one appreciates it, my dear fellow. Why, this chamber... I've been here every day for almost a stellar cycle. But the only mech who isn't the caretaker that's ever visited this chamber is you. Everyone's more interested with what's out there, what's in space... Anyone who visits the Stellar Galleries would go to the main Chamber of Space... it is just so sad... they all want to fly to the stars... nobody cares about our Cybertron anymore..."

Obsidian then let out a bitter chuckle.

War Academy

"I'm supposed to be here to act as Sentinel's security, so, yeah." Warpath told Topspin. "You were close to untouchable for the Obstacle Course in your batch, if I remember correctly?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Trainyards, Iacon:

"What I found, Red, is absolutely bloody zip. It looks like a simple software glitch. All nice, neat, and tidy." Nightbeat scowled. "It's too perfect. We're going to have to figure it out by who wanted the victim dead, which we can't do until he's identified."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

War Academy

Bombard nodded

"SOUNDS like a plan , I remember when we did it."

Trainyard

Scoop moved away from the office and went over to examine the body. He knelt and drew out a subspace probe.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Academy

"Sentinel trained you too? Or did you guys get Kup or someone else?" Warpath asked Bombard and Topspin. Saying that, he gestured towards the bench where he had just been sitting in with Blaze. Sentinel and his equipment stood some distance behind the benches to avoid random stray shots. "Let's have a seat, guys. We don't want to mess up the training by standing around."

Well, as long as they don't ask too many questions about Blaze, that is...
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Iacon, War Academy

Blaze nodded at Sentinel's silent command, then turned back to the obstacle course. Maybe he thought I'd blow up the studio otherwise, huh?

He chuckled a bit when Warpath sat back down, "The orange one there in the middle," he pointed towards the recruits, "I think he's gonna get pelted. However, I think the purple one at the end is the most likely to panic and drive through the film set. What d'you think?"

--------------

Hardtop frowned, Driving? Driving I can do. I'm not the fastest, but I ain't the slowest either. Dodging. That'll be a problem. Of course, I could just stay beside tubbo here, he glanced at the rather large mech next to him, and let him block most of the shots. Is that legal? Well, not really much choice. Sorry big guy.
Chip1123
Protoform

Iacon, War Academy

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin laughed a little as he sat down with Warpath and Bombard. "Yeah, I got tripped up by another bot towards the end of the course. Had been killing the time up to that point. I still ended up with a good one, but could have broken the record if not for that. I was so close..." Topspin sighed.

"Kup originally was training my group, but when he went on a mission, Sentinel took over. They both did a good job, even if their methods differed."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

To: Kup, CYBERTRONIAN WAR ACADEMY

Subject: New Draftee

Another offender has accepted the option of service instead of imprisonment. Offender's name is HOT ROD. Criminal record attached.

(OOC: most of it is minor stuff, theft, assualt, b&e, and one count of 2nd degree mechslaughter. It's about as long as one of Omega Supreme's arms, though)

Hub-Palace of the Elders, Target Range:

Orion looked over at Nightstalker. "That may be true. I think what Sentinel did the most was make me cautious about who I take my orders from."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

B]War Academy[/B]

Bombard smiled

"I had old Warmonger. How about we put a Shannix on it."
Chip1123
Protoform

Iacon, War Academy

Post by Chip1123 »

"I'm game." Topspin replied to Bombard. "Just don't let Sentinel see it. He'd blow a gasket. So... we trying to guess which bot will have the best time, who was the best marksman, or who ends up with the best overall score? If nothing else, we could just focus on one bot and see who can guess the closest to his particular score."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Academy

Warpath nodded at Blaze's assessment. "Little orange guy is a hacker sent here. Sentinel's already giving him hell."

He turned to Topspin and Bombard. "When Sentinel's ego is talking he won't notice our gambling, heh. That one over there, the purple one, is one of the best marksman I've ever seen." Warpath then tapped his chest-mounted cannon. "Ain't got nothin' on me, though."

Warpath produced a datapad from a hip compartment, which had the list and portraits of all the cadets in this batch. Volks' profile was placed on the most top, highlighted with green to indicate his criminal status. Warpath's optics looked at the portraits as his fingers scrolled the touchscreen down. Eaglekiller, Hardspark, Spoons, Speedbreaker, Boltflash, Fetch, Blue Maximus (what kind of name was Blue Maximus?), Bound Rogue... "Ah. Here we go. Kid's called Hardtop."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Zeta Prime shook his head at hearing the information Yoketron brought. It was not unexpected, but it was unwelcome.

"I have already received similar conclusions from the Archive Monitors. There have been some untranslatable message bursts which appear to originate from non-static equipment - moving mechs, in other words - and seem to promulgate ahead of each outrage.

"This has to stop. It has to be stopped no matter the cost."

The Prime stood again, suddenly, his shoulders pushed back, his helm held high.

"I want these blasphemers apprehended and on their way to The Smelting Pits!" he declared.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

"It's not so easy," Yoketron spoke, keeping his own tone calm as he answered Zeta Prime. "Judging from the rabbles that have been doing the deeds, they are likely just hirelings, and are probably easily replaced by whoever is orchestrating the attacks. Times are bad in the outer regions, making it easy for them to find disposable minions."

"Places like the Dead Ends have always been bad," Terabolt spoke, entering into the conversation. "Digging through scrap bins, tussling over energon chips; there's plenty of mechs who would do anything if it meant decient pay, even doing a suicide run at a temple. If you suceed, you come out with some credits to your name. If you don't, you're probably out of your missery. Most won't even care to ask who's hiring, so long as they get a few credits up front."

Yoketron nodded solemnly as Tera finished. He knew well what she was talking about, having removed her from the Dead Ends while she was young, before it had a chance to harden her, but it seemed she still clearly remembered it...

"For us to gain any ground, we'll need to find who is the source of the attacks," Yoketron spoke, returning to the original subject. "Whoever is responsible, they are starting to gain ground. Slowly they are managing to weaken our forces. Temple Knights are starting to fall. One here, one there... it is slow progress, but the are suceeding, and it will encourage them further. If we stem the source, the rest will ebb away."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Trainyards

"Yes, a software glitch that just happened to kill a mysterious stranger that no one saw entering the yards," Red Alert said dryly. Then his face hardened. "Someone is playing us for fools, Nightbeat. Either they think they're so much smarter than us that we'll never be able to catch them...or their up to something bigger and they think this will keep us distracted."

One of the 'uniformed' officers saw Scoop by the body and shouted, "Hey you there!"
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Iacon Communication Tower

"Alright, thanks Warpath!" Blaster said with a grin as he hopped into a chair in the middle of a talkshow like set.

"We're going live in five!" A voice rang out from behind the Camera. Blaster set himself up straight and waited for the count down to finish and the holo-camera to start rolling and immediately kicked in.

"Heeeey hey hey! This is Blaster blastin' at ya from the top of the Iacon Communication tower, broadcastin' live tonight and he got a huuuuge show for you tonight! And lets get things going with a bang! On the line with me now is friend of the show, Intructor Sentinel from the Autobot War Academy. Welcome to the show!"
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Academy

"We on? We live?" Sentinel asked the techie, tapping the side of the microphone. The techie nodded, and Sentinel settled himself as the similar countdown Blaster was seeing appeared on the tiny computer screen nearby. He smiled as he let Blaster introduce him, and gave the camera a winning grin.

"Greetings, Blaster! It is a pleasure for me to be part of your show tonight. And a good evening to all you listeners as well!" Sentinel said. He wanted to add a little more dialogue about himself, about how he's still in the War Academy despite having an opportunity to go to the Iacon Communications Tower, but refrained from doing so to allow Blaster to do his stuff.

It was, after all, Blaster's show.