[New RPG] The Two Solitudes: Iacon (Autobot)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Orbit Above Iacon

Cosmos flew silently over the city as he felt he needed to keep a watchful eye over it.

Outside War Academy

Bluestreak sat outside as he had nothing of importance and felt the need to brag to a unremarkable autobot who was just standing outside about his exploits , while the autobot silently wished Bluestreak would shut up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Trainyards, Iacon

"Maybe," Red Alert said, not sure if he agreed with Nightbeat or not just yet. "But any control computer worth its' silicon is going to log it if one of its' drones goes crazy and starts ignoring orders."

Transforming to vehicle mode, he rolled out toward the yards' main office.

Iacon Mental Health Clinic

Smokescreen nodded along sympathetically as Scavenger talked.

"Feelings like that are natural whenever something like this happens. Survivor's guilt is all too common, even when we know rationally that there is nothing we could have done to stop it."

The therapist did his best to keep himself from wincing noticeably as he got a mental image of his old home, the high-orbit Victory Torus station, arcing out of orbit as Smokescreen floated away in a space pod. He'd lost his entire world that day, and almost everyone that he'd ever known.

Smokescreen forced the memories back. It was normal to think of traumatic events like that, he knew, but it was selfish to wallow in his own loss when he was supposed to be helping Scavenger.

"The important thing to understand," he told the engineer, "is that you're not the only person feeling this way. Hundreds of mechs died in the accident, but hundreds survived too. And I can promise you that every one of them are asking themselves the same questions you are. And, well...you can't all be responsible."

Maintenance Corridors, Iacon Depths

When Raiku turned his attention toward the strange sound, all he would see was a bulky, nondescript utility drone, slowly rolling across the floor sweeping up the debris that the less-diligent technicians sometimes left in their wake after doing a repair job.

However, with his attention drawn in that direction he wouldn't see the other drone, which was working on a causeway overhead, as it lost its' balance and pitched over, falling straight toward where the tech was standing.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Iacon, War Academy

"Yes, sir. Sorry, sir." Hardtop nodded almost frantically as he spoke. Whoo. That could've been worse.

----------

Blaze shook his head. "No. Just told me where to go. I guess Sentinel needs something blown up, huh?"

-----------

Iacon, Deep Underground

"Ah, Statues!"

"This must've been the forum, Rad. It's where the town would go for news and gossip, and when there were official announce..."

"Sunstorm, I'm a history teacher, remember? Ooh, this one looks nice, don 'cha think?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Iacon Mental Health clinic

Scavenger continued.

"I should have spotted that Skorponok's company was supplying substandard materials. Plus of course it was also one of the factors that contributed to Megatron 's taking power. Just seeing him there reminds me of it."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Academy

Sentinel gave Hardtop another glare, but said nothing. Kid knows his place now, hopefully... that's always been his strategy. For every praise a cadet gets, it must be buried under ten reprimands. That way will teach the cadets humility, but with the glory of the praise constantly reminding the cadet of their skill.

Sentinel turned back to Volks. "Well? What're you waiting for, scraplet? The next Quintesson invasion or something?"

He noted Blaze sitting with Warpath, but ignored him for a while. Zeta Prime and him had called him over for the disposing of... well, somebody. Still, Blaze'll just have to be patient. Too many people around. And there's still that interview with Blaster to think about... what to say, what to say... still, publicity is good.

Warpath shrugged noncommitally at Blaze's comment. "Maybe. He hasn't told me yet why or who's the target, though. Only to get you out."

Maybe Sentinel and Zeta wants to use Blaze to eliminate those crazy Decepticons rumoured to be rising up in Kaon. Warpath personally didn't believe these so-called Decepticons would be a proper threat, but still...
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Iacon, War Academy

Blaze gave a snorting laugh, "Maybe he was just doing an old friend a favor." He knew Sentinel wasn't the type to break the rules. Barely even bend them. The situation must be pretty bad to get him bailed out.

--------
Iacon, Deep Underground

Sunstorm had left Rad back in the forum while he went to find the sanctuary. Alright, where is it. This is the discovery of a lifetime, and I am not feeling patient. He knew that the sanctuary should hold the temple's Covenant. If it was still here, it would be the oldest copy of all time, written as the temple was constructed. Finding it would make him a target of the church, for certain, but the knowledge, the artifact; it would be worth it. Anyway, he could always flee to Kaon. They were far more accepting of his beliefs anyway.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Iacon Stadium Medical Center

Sunstreaker sat on a medical slab, flexing his right arm. The armor plating was dissolved and he was looking in at the mechanical workings and servos that controlled the movement.

"I told you to be careful." Sideswipe said from leaning on the wall next to the slab.

"That type of slag should be illegal." Sunstreaker muttered as he observed the wound intently.

"You knew he had it and you waltzed in like he was a defenseless protoform." Sideswipe smiled, "Told you not to talk him too lightly." He needled.

"I obliterated his face... both faces. It will go down as a one-sided fight." Sunstreaker muttered looking at Sideswipe.

"The media will report that, yeah. We both know that he was you being an astrosecond slower away from winning." Sideswipe pushed off the wall towards the door. "Two fights in a row that you've been really humble after the match. Maybe it's time to start training again?" He couldn't hide the smile on his face.

"I... I'm just not trying. You know that." Sunstreaker defended himself.

"Yeah, and if you keep not training and not trying you're gonna end up like him." Sideswipe pointed over his shoulder to the medical team working to stabilize the fallen Repungus. "You have to realize it doesn't take skill sometimes. All a mech is gonna need is to get really lucky if you keep taking this lightly." Sideswipe pushed open the door, "I am heading to Refinery. When you get patched up, I'll see you there?" Sideswipe asked but not really waiting for an answer.

Sunstreaker just nodded, "Yeah.. yeah." He replied as a catch-all to everything his departed brother had said.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Chip1123
Protoform

War Academy

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin walked through the Academy, looking at some of the drills the new recruits were particpating in. As he did, he would notice the bots who seemed to surprass the others around them. He liked to keep track of who had potential, and who could prove to be a threat.

One recruit had recently caught his attention, but he wasn't sure of his name. He'd have to ask around about him later. From what he had heard, the soldier had led his unit out of a live-fire exercise without any casualties.

Topspin continued walking until he neared Kup and Sentinel. While he never liked Sentinel, he had to admit that he produced good soldiers, which earned him some respect in his book. Kup on the other hand was an old friend, one who had more than proven himself to Topspin.

"They may be a pain..." Topspin projected towards Volks, indicating Kup and Sentinel, "but their training will save your life. I'd listen to them."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Raiku had been watching the sweeper drone with suspicion, but alert as he was from his paranoia, he heard the creaking of metal shifting above him and sprang out of the way. Luckily there was nothing immediately in front of him, Raiku standing and whirling on the fallen maitenance drone as his vision shifted back into normal mode.

Keeping his eyes on it, Raiku began to circle around at a distance, wrench ready as he moved himself slowly towards the exit lift.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Smokescreen arched one optic ridge.

"It seems to me, Scavenger, that you're blaming the wrong person. You just said it was Scorponok who chose to use substandard materials, not you. The blame for those deaths is his, not yours."

It wasn't completely, true, Smokescreen knew. The truth was that dozens of people probably shared the blame for what happened and Scavenger was one of them even if his part was a small one. But blaming himself wouldn't make anything better. Having someone to hate, on the other hand...

It certainly did me a lot of good to hate Predacon, in those first few weeks after the disaster...

Maintenance Corridors

The drone hit the ground with a loud crunch, then lay there, unmoving.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Academy

"Don't interrupt, Topspin!" Sentinel snapped at the new arrival to their conversation. He resisted the urge to plant a finger on Topspin's chassis; he didn't want to prolong the conversation any longer. He's got mechs to train, interviews to conduct, cloak and dagger stuff to peruse.

"You may have graduated — Primus knows how that happens — but Kup and I still outrank you. And if this little slagger wants to really survive, he will need to learn how not to steal credits from others."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Scavenger got up and paced the room.

"Yes I suppose it was alot of it was Skorponoks fault. He is a twisted money grabbing criminal. He just pretends he isn't."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Raiku had done enough work on the maitenance drones to know a simple fall like that was hardly enough to take it out, and continued to glare at it as he reached the lift and pushed the signal button that would call security up top. All he needed to do now was evacuate, or wait for the guards to get to his location.

It was not he first time it had happened, which was why he had been ready, but his suspicion was mounting. The first time he had been outright attacked, and the drone's memory mysteriously wiped when he had investigated it after he had subdued the machine. His employer had written it off as a drone malfunction and chastised Raiku for the use of excessive force - this time it looked as though it was being more cleverly orchestrated to look like an accident.

Raiku glanced up suspiciously at the sweeper drone, then back down at the fallen drone. Curiosity getting the better of him, Raiku crept back towards the prone form, wrench still held ready.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Trainyards, Iacon:

Nightbeat shrugged, then transformed as well for the drive over to the depot building. "And I'd think it would do more than just log it if it lost control of one of these. One of these running amok through the yards could cause no end of damage. Whoever did this would have had to access the computer either way." Then the detective chuckled. "Or, if they knew what they were doing, they'd loop the appropriate responses back to the central computer to make it think it was still in control. But then, theories abound in a case like this when we don't have much evidence."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Hub-Palace of the Elders

Nightstalker nodded then grinned showing his fangs

"sure thing chief, do you want a lane for your standard weapons or are we going to break out the exotica."
Chip1123
Protoform

War Academy

Post by Chip1123 »

"Kup, can you please help me get it through Sentinel's head that I was trying to give him a compliment?" Topspin replied. "Didn't realize reinforcing the good job you two do of getting recruits like him, and me for that matter, ready for what's out there was a bad thing."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Smokescreen nodded along as Scavenger talked. "And how did you feel about Scorponok before the accident? Did you know him well?"

It was a leading question, but one that Smokescreen thought could be very revealing.

Maintenance Corridors

The fallen drone didn't move, but as Raiku came closer its' holoprojector came to life. It flickered, showing the engineer a projection full of static. It switched off again almost as quickly as it had come on, but not before momentarily sharpening just enough to convey the impression of the words "BACK OFF".

Trainyards

"That's why we're collecting the evidence, I guess," Red Alert agreed with Nightbeat as he pulled up beside the office and transformed.

As he walked in the door, he asked, "You want to pull the computer logs, or do you feel like interviewing the staff?"

As he spoke he stole a glance over his shoulder to make sure that the irritating reporter Scoop hadn't followed them inside.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Trainyards, Iacon:

Nightbeat slowed to a stop and transformed back to robot mode, following Red through the door. "I'll go pull the logs. I know how much you love to interrogate."

Hub-Palace of the Elders:

"Go with th' reg'lar stuff. Don't wanna scare th' kid too early." Ironhide smirked behind his tactical display.

Orion stiffened slightly. "I don't scare easily."

Ironhide snorted. "Relax, kid. Goin' through awl that with Sentinel must'a knocked yer humor chips loose."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Suit yerself." Ironhide lead the way into the armory, grabbing a heavy laser rifle and a stack of drum magazines for it. "Ah'd'a thought savin' awl those other cadets'd be somethin' you'd wanna brag about."

Orion scowled. "I'm not the bragging kind, sir."

"Aw, would you stop cawlin' me 'sir'? Ah ain't a sir." Ironhide tossed the rifle to Orion, who caught it one handed. "Sentinel really pounded that inta you, didn't he."

"Sentinel and I didn't really see optic to optic, s...... Ironhide."

Ironhide walked over and handed the stack of magazines to Orion. "Sentinel don't really see optic ta optic with nobody but his own ego. Ah bet th' fact yer here really burned his circuits."

With a practiced movement, Orion locked a drum magazine into the mount on the weapon, priming it and aiming, optics taking on an amused cast. "I think you're right."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Academy

"I know that's a compliment, but interrupting is still rude." Sentinel told Topspin, resisting the urge to argue with the other soldier. But the gall! Sentinel still outranked Topspin, and furthermore, Topspin should've known better than to interrupt...
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Iacon Mental Health Clinic.

Scavenger shook his head.

"His company was just another supplier. It was only afterwards when I investigated that I uncovered his name."

Hub-Palace of the Elders

Nightstalker nodded and grinned flashing some more fangs .

"sure thing boss, consider it done."

He loped off claws skittering on the flooring.

Trainyards

Scoop smiled as he surveyed the wide expanse of window running along the side of the building.

Carefully staying out of sight he picked up a parabolic mike and adjusted it to pick up the vibrations from the window.