[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: The Insolence of Office (Iacon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Autobase

Flatfoot shook his head groggily, woken up by Red Alert's transmission. "Damn Waverider, I'm going to make sure he ends up in the brig when he-" the ISS officer cursed when he realized how long he had been out. "Red Alert, the Pretenders Landmine and Waverider have escaped ISS jurisdiction about a couple of megacycles ago, they knocked me out and I've just came online again. They're off to Crystal City, I overheard. Meanwhile, I've received your message. Engaging in pursuit."

The Interceptor transformed into his sports car mode (idly wondering why sports car are so popular with ISS members) and shot off towards the airfields in pursuit of Repugnus.

(OOC- and thus continues Flatfoot's continued existence as the ISS whipping boy... ;) )

Shuttle Velocity

Repugnus idly tapped his fingers on the dashboard, admiring the sleek design of the ship as it passed over the Iacon borders into the Tygun Span. "Come on, ISS, come to me." the Monsterbot growled. "Gotta give these 'Cons a show."

Over Maccadams

"Repugnus? Interesting and quaint." Whirl said. Flying upside down as well as sideways, and flying on an odd angle, Whirl tilted himself into a more standard flying position (he was still flying at a particularly odd angle, though) as he engaged his boosters and shot off towards the Spaceports. The Wrecker had been bored and homing into the police wavelength, and it did not disappoint. A fight with Repugnus would liven up his day, and the Monsterbot was almost as mad as him.

"Stepper, I'm heading off to beat up Repugnus for a while. The ISS wants him and I want to have a little scrap with someone. Feel free to drop by." the Wrecker said as he made his way over Iacon's bright skyline towards the spaceport.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Iacon Spaceport

Following Red Alert's assignment, an ISS SWAT team sped down the Iaconian highways, en route to the spaceport to intercept Repugnus. Four aerial support units hovered above, following closely behind the squadron.

-----

Iacon Security Service HQ

Concluding his brief discussion with Smokescreen, Red Alert was alerted to yet another incoming call. While he was pleased to hear Flatfoot called in to confirm that he was en route to the spaceport, he was rather puzzled by the officer's other news.

"Yes, thank you, but...you mind explaining the first part to me again?" Red Alert inquired. "I don't seem to recall Landmine and Waverider being held under ISS custody..."

(OOC: You know that they weren't, right? It was a military matter.)

Red Alert's expression grew sour.

"Hrrrrm, me and Prowl are going to have a few words about this. I don't take kindly to military bots attacking ISS officers," he added. "Though, if you have sustained injuries I'd perfer you not join the tac-team at the spaceport and return to HQ, Flatfoot."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: Yup... sort of. I knew that Landmine being captured was classified, but didn't know that Red Alert wasn't aware of it. I know most of the ISS weren't, but I assumed Red Alert was aware. But in any case, Landmine had leaked the information to Flatfoot... I could change the post if it's necessary...)

Moving into the Tygun Span

Repugnus saw the ISS SWAT team on the radar of the Velocity and cackled, rubbing his schytes together in anticipation. He knew he shouldn't kill those Autobots, but there's nothing that said against simple battles. Repugnus stepped up to the control station and transformed into robot mode, and was disappointed that his newly-acquired shuttle had no aft weapons.

Ah well, sometimes you have to do everything yourself...

Repugnus sauntered up towards the hatch of the shuttle and opened it, wind whistling around him as he peered out of the door. Any sane mech wouldn't dare do such a maneuver, but Repugnus was far from sane. Pulling out his venom blaster, Repugnus opened fire on the two nearest Air Support unit, aiming for the rotors. The venom laser should slow down or temporary disable the Air Support unit's rotor blades.

Repugnus then ducked back inside the shuttle, in preparation for the inevitable return fire...

Nearby, Whirl whupped at a dangerous speed into Iacon spaceports, diving through and between massive spaceships. As people ducked away and dodged the ululating Wrecker, Whirl dived down, transforming into robot mode and using his ski-like legs and the momentum from the fall to slide under a particularly large cargo shuttle, just for kicks.

As he emerged at the other side of the cargo shuttle, Whirl spotted Repugnus firing at the ISS Air Support Units, and transformed back into helicopter mode, firing two incendiary shells and photon beams at the Velocity...

Nearing the Spaceport

"Don't worry about me, boss." Flatfoot said to Red Alert. "But Landmine told him he was under military custody or some such? Ah, not that it mattered..." the Interceptor zipped through traffic, and the group of ISS SWAT officers came into view in front of him...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Near Maccaddams:

Stepper: "That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea."

Nebulon: -bleeps and whistles-

Stepper: "You know me. Killing just because you can isn't enough." -transforms, Nebulon locking into the pindle mount in front of his rear spoiler- "Now, Repugnus has obviously done something illegal. Time to teach him what justice is." -engine roaring, heading for the spaceport-

Autobase Security HQ:

Ironhide: -walks out into the main area from his office- "Somebody cawl a staff meetin'r somethin'?"

Road Rage sighed. "No, Nightbeat's just giving me a lecture on why we can't get involved."

Nightbeat: "It's not that, and you know it."

Ironhide: "It's 'cause th' AH-ESS-ESS is doin' mainly whut we use'ta do. Big difference b'tween military an' civilian stuff now. That's part'a whut th' big headache is, really. They know whut they'll respond to, an' we know whut we'll respond to, an' a lot'a that overlaps. They'll wahnd up gettin' a lot'a new recruits 'cause that's where th' action'll be, if it comes down ta that. Think about it fer a minute. Would you rather break up some gang'a thugs an' get yer name in th' news, or take a fusion blast in th' face fer Prahme an have yer name etched on th' memorial wall?"

Nightbeat: "I'd rather subdue the assassin before they get into position and keep everybody from dying."

Ironhide: "Which is whut we should be doin'. Kahnda hard with only six'a us, though."

Nightbeat: "I thought there were only four of us."

Ironhide: "Ah had Tracks transferred in so's he could keep a optic on Roddy. An' Ah'm only countin' Omega once. Yeah, he's got more fahrepower'n awl'a us put together, but it ain't lahke Ah c'n have him sneak in anywhere."

Chromedome: "What we need is a recruitment drive. Put up some posters, advertise in the media."

Ironhide: "Much as Ah hate ta say it, yer prob'ly rahght."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Spaceports, Headed towards Tygun Span

Repugnus cursed audibly as Whirl's assault scored hits on the Velocity. "Gnn. A Wrecker? I'm gonna kill Smokescreen." The weight of his words sank in and the Monsterbot's expression brightened up. "A Wrecker! I'm gonna hug Smokescreen!" Cackling, Repugnus pulled out his venom blaster and, poking out of the door, opened fire on Whirl.

The Wrecker was flying at Repugnus' ship while spinning, rotating and bobbing through the air, but moving straight towards Repugnus. The Monsterbot theorized that Whirl was trying to draw fire away from the less-experienced ISS officers, and perhaps to allow them to snipe him. Whatever the case, Repugnus must remove Whirl from play.

Repugnus transformed into creature mode and his segmented optics flared into life, creating a dazzling holographic display which would give those unequipped for it seizures. Repugnus, however, was taken by surprise when Whirl avoided the attack by rotating in the air, so the Wrecker was flying backwards, tail-first at Repugnus. The photon beam launcher and incendiary missiles rotated and opened fire on Repugnus again. The Monsterbot cursed as a photon beam burned a gouge on his shoulder, and a missile exploded inches away from his clawed feet.

Repugnus roared in pain, and his jaws opened. The silvery pincers on his mouth moved away as a plume of flame was unleashed at Whirl...

Whirl was enjoying himself. Repugnus was as crazy as him, if not crazier. And the Monsterbot certainly had a knack for weird and wacky weapons like himself... take the optic light show, for example. Whirl considered telling Roadbuster to recruit Repugnus as a Wrecker after this fiasco is over, but for now he'll settle for beating the Monsterbot up to an inch of his life. "Damn, bug-boy... you're good. But not good enough."

Repugnus' answer was to attack Whirl with a tongue of flame. Whirl solved the problem by flying ninety degrees to the ground, the vortex created by his rotors creating a whirlwind which sent the flames flying away from its intended target. Whirl moved closer, the rotating blades acting like a shield in front of him. Repugnus wavered for a nano-klik, before slashing into Whirl's spinning rotors with his schyte-like claws. Whirl let out a curse of pain, and transformed into robot mode. "Heh. You're good."

"Hahaha! You ain't that bad either, Wrecker." Repugnus retorted, clacking his razor-sharp mandibles. "Too bad you're in my way."

Whirl's reply was a whoop and the Wrecker pulled out his null-ray module and blasted Repugnus' beast mode's optics. "Talk less. Shoot more. Wreck and rule!" As he shouted the trademark warcry of the Wreckers, Whirl charged the stunned Repungus, claws outstretched...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Spaceports, heading for the Tygun Span:

Stepper: -engine roaring, tires squealing as he barrels onto the spaceport landing field, watching the Velocity take the attacks from Whirl- "I think that's our boy."

Nebulon: -whistles-

Stepper: "Picking him out of the doorway would be nice, but given the way Whirl's flying, I'd rather not risk it." -flooring his accelerator- "Take over steering. I'll target the engines."

Nebulon: -bleeps, crossconnecting to take over navigating Stepper's vehicle mode, warbles a warning-

Stepper: -linked into his targeting systems, the servocontrolers on the pindle mount responding- "That's why you're steering. Make sure we don't hit the fence." -picking his aim point, locking the Blaze Cannon just forward of the Velocity's engine section, firing 15 Inferno shells at that section, hoping to melt the engine control components-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Velocity, Iacon Borders

As the wind whistled and roared along the Velocity, the shuttle shuddered as most of Stepper's inferno shells impacted, causing flames to break out along the ship's hull, and those which connected on thee javelin-shaped ship's engines began to release its deadly phosphoric content, and began to burn...

Both Repugnus (now back in beast mode) and Whirl did not lose their footing even as the ship shuddered as one of its engines went offline. the two of them circled each other, the former swinging his schytes and snapping his jaws menacingly while the latter training four different weapons on his foe. "You rock, Stepper!" Whirl whooped as the inferno shells impacted, punching his claw into the air.

"At this rate, I'm gonna need a new ship." Repugnus grumbled.

"You ain't gonna get one, buddy. Trust me." Whirl said, oh-so-slowly aiming his null rays and paralyzo-box at the engines, while keeping the incendiary shell launcher and photon beam blaster trained at Repugnus.

Repugnus' reply was a gush of flame from his mouth. Whirl tried to sidestep away from the attack, but the wide range of the flamethrower singed his body. The Wrecker roared as he opened fire randomly with his weapons, sending null rays, paralyzo beams, incendiary shells and photon beams flying all around the ship's interior. A blast of null-ray hit the navigational computer, shutting it down, while a stream of photon beams and incendiary shells exploded in Repugnus' face.

Seeing that Repugnus is stunned, and that the burning gel from Stepper's inferno shells beginning to spread, Whirl decided not to press on the attack, firing more incendiary shells at Repugnus.

However, as the smoke from the attacks cleared, Whirl realized too late that Repugnus' optics was flashing the catatonic holographic images. Before Whirl could turn away, his optic saw the mesmerzing images, and was enthralled by it. A small part of his mind told him to look away, but the hologram caused the Wrecker to slowly lower his weapons, oblivious to the schytes moving closer towards him...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Spaceport, rushing towards the fence:

Nebulon: -feeling slightly dizzy(he's a droid, darnit, not a driver), manages to steer Stepper towards an opening in the fance-

Stepper: -keeping the Blaze Cannon locked onto the Velocity, sending another stream of Inferno shells, 45 this time, at the shuttle's engines, steam hissing from the Blaze Cannon's overtaxed cooling system-

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Skies, entering the Tygun Span

The Velocity, now with streaks of flame breaking out on its frame, began to descend as the pursuit moved out of Iacon borders and entered the Tygun Span. Stepper's second assault slammed to another one of the Velocity's six engines, causing them to burn and explode. Some of the Inferno Shells found their way into the Velocity's hangar bay before releasing its combustible content. The shuttle began to noticeably lurch forwards, albeit still headed towards the Wastelands, and ultimately towards Crystal City. Repugnus was worried that the shuttle wouldn't make it halfway through the Wastelands...

"Heh. Two Wreckers? Didn't go exactly as I planned it..." Repugnus said, scowling. He lunged at Whirl, headbutting the Wrecker, causing him to stumble out of the shuttle's open door, and was picked out by the whistling and burning wind.

Repugnus felt bad by attacking a fellow Autobot, but he didn't regret it. There were others who would come to Whirl's aid, and even if they didn't, the Wrecker was tough enough to take care of himself. Repugnus transformed into robot mode and rushed towards the controls, and cursed as he tried desperately to make the shuttle pull up.

Whirl came out of his vertigo sooner than Repugnus had calculated. Pehaps it's because he only had one optic to contend with. Perhaps it's his stronger willpower than the average mech. Whirl did not care. Reaching out with his claws, Whirl dug them into the Velocity's outer hull, creating grooves in the silver metal as he wa pulled by the wind. Fortunately, his claws dug in deep enough for him not to be thrown off violently to the ground.

Unfortunately, this landed the Wrecker on where Stepper's Inferno Shells had ignited the hull. Whirl's paralyzo-box instantly flared to life, creating a temporary force-field of sorts around him, causing the flames to be distorted around him.

"I'm coming for you, scissorboy..." Whirl muttered as he moved slowly on the hull.

Flatfoot shouted at the ISS officers, "Open fire! We gotta bring that damned ship down before it gets away! Air Support Units, assist Whirl!" Flatfoot's missile launcher clicked into place and the Interceptor launched a missile towards the conflangration caused by Stepper...
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Spaceports, heading for the Tygun Span

The ISS Air Support units caught up with the Velocity as the ISS vehicles tailed underneath.

“Target identified as Repugnus,” one of the fliers commed.

“Repugnus,” he bellowed out over a speaker. “You are in direct violation of…” The Monsterbot interrupted as he fired at the officer’s rotors, forcing him to stop and pull away.

“Unit is hostile! Repeat, unit is hostile,” he yelled over his com-system.

The SWAT vehicles caught up with Stepper and Flatfoot as they raced underneath the fleeing ship.

“Wreckers? What are they doing here?” one of the officers said.

“Nevermind them, target the engines and thrusters,” the ISS helicopter commed. “We’ll assist them from up here. Try to steer the ship away from the populated area.”

As they drove, the armoured SWAT vehicles aimed the cannons mounted on their roofs and fired at one of the rear thrusters, hoping to lower the Velocity. Meanwhile, the four ISS helicopters converged then hovered over Whirl’s position and fired a warning shot at Repugnus.

“Lower the ship – now!”

(OOC: Alright! Time for some self-indulgent fun! One mini-spotlight for each member of the Guard City Unit. Yay!)

Iacon Security Service HQ, Simulation Chamber

“Fly-Up - I hear you’ve recently graduated from the academy,” Hot Spot asked.

“Yes, Captain. With high honours,” Fly-Up proudly told him. “I’ve been with the ISS for almost a stellar cycle now. Usually for aerial support and recon.”

“Good to know,” Hot Spot answered.

He looked to the control booth and called out a command. Instantly, a new environment materialized around them to reflect Fly-Up’s level of experience.

“This exercise is simple. See that alley over there?” Hot Spot pointed. “Four disgruntled customers are beating down a tripwire dealer due to an ill-informed transaction. The perpetrators are armed, and each has a nasty disposition.”

“You want me to subdue them, Captain?” Fly-Up inquired.

“That’s the general idea,” Hot Spot signaled to the observation to commence the session. “Alright, kid, you’re on. Show me what you got.”

“Yes, sir, Captain sir!” he eagerly replied.

Hot Spot watched attentively as Fly-Up attempted to negotiate with one of the attackers, who responded in kind by unsheathing an energy-blade. As Fly-Up grappled with the attacker, Hot Spot held his hand towards the control booth once more.

“Pause the simulation,” He called out.

“Did I do something wrong, Captain?”

“No, not quite. That’s standard Diffusion technique you’re using, isn’t it?” Hot Spot inquired.

“Yes, Captain. I-I-I thought that was standard ISS procedure,” Fly-Up nervously told him.

“It is. Don’t worry, you’re doing fine. I’m more curious than anything else,” Hot Spot assured him. “The rest of the Guard City Unit was imparted with pre-existing combat and field data. Weren’t you?”

“Com…bat data? I’m sorry, but I don’t follow you, Captain,” Fly-Up answered. “I never received additional combat or field data along side my new body, sir. Was I supposed to?”

Heh heh. Oooh Red Alert, you sly, sly spawn of glitch you,” Hot Spot chuckled to himself.

“Excuse me, sir?”

“It’s nothing, it’s nothing,” Hot Spot reassured him. “Shall we resume?”
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Tygun Span, Skies

The Velocity lurched even further as the continued barrage from the ISS Officers and Stepper took its toll. As the third engine ignited in a fireball, the shuttle began to slowly descend.

Repugnus, seemingly oblivious to the inferno raging behind him, switched on the autocannons on the ship, and six swung out from the shuttle's smooth hull, targetting the ground-bound Stepper and the ISS SWAT team with mortar shells. The impact wouldn't kill them, but all the same, it would hurt a lot. After all, it would buy him some time, perhaps until he gets to the Wastelands before he had to go on foot...

Whirl transformed into helicopter mode, and spun his razor-sharp blades. Spinning and corkscrewing like a buzzsaw, the Wrecker sliced a small hole on the side of the Velocity. The helicopter opened fire with his photon beam cannon at one of the autocannons, obliterating it, before swooping into the Velocity's hangar bay.

Driving beside Stepper while witnessing Whirl's madcap acrobatics, Flatfoot murmured, "That guy's seriously got some wires loose in his head." the ISS Interceptor, however, had to swerve aside to avoid a mortar that landed in front of him, the unexpected force slamming him onto the side of a bulky ISS SWAT officer.

"Mother-" Repugnus began, when firepower from the ground-bound ISS members as well as those airborne smashed through the windshield, peppering the cockpit with bullets and laserfire. "You want a piece of me? Fine! I'll show you why I'm called a Monsterbot!"

Saying so, Repugnus transformed to beast mode and spewed three fireballs at the airborne ISS Support Units. "Amateurs! If you can't take the heat, get out of the-" Repugnus' words were cut short when a part of the shuttle fell inside, followed by Whirl, flying upside-down as he sent a barrage of incendiary shells at Repugnus. "You're persistent, aren't you?" Repugnus growled as he ducked down, the shells flying over his head and blowing up the console he had just been manning before. Powerful hind legs launched him forwards, hissing terribly as two sets of schytes -- two on his hands, two on the sides of his jaws -- swung dangerously.

Whirl mumbled something about using his helicopter blades as swords while he hovered vertically up, before moving down at a great speed to meet Repugnus with his spinning rotor blades. As the surprised Monsterbot was driven back by the unexpected attack, Whirl transformed into robot mode and opened fire with the null ray on his hand. "Scissorboy, I'll beat you to an inch of your life, before handing you off to the ISS. I'm sure they'll have a field day listing your crimes. Should've killed you personally, but, ah, well... some days I'm just insane."

Repugnus cackled as he unleashed a plume of flame, the meeting between the fire and the null rays causing an unexpectedly large explosion, which bathed the room in dangerous, dancing flames. Coupled by the fire caused by Stepper's inferno shells earlier, the entire cockpit was literally burning. Repugnus made a throaty growl, as the flames danced around the two mechs, causing both of them to look like demons of some sort. "Oh, you act like you're crazy." Repugnus drawled. "But you're not. It's just an outlet for your own dark side, your need for violence and killing. But you disguise it with a facade of daredevil acts. As for me, I have no need for a crazy facade. I'm a violent soul, outside and inside."

Those accussations stung Whirl, and the Wrecker was troubled by how true it seemed to be. Roaring in rage, the Wrecker opened fire, sending photon beams and incendiary shells at the Monsterbot. Repugnus grunted as the hits scored home and burnt off miscellaneous bits off his armour. Repugnus transformed into robot mode and pulled from subspace one of the shotguns he appropriated from Altihex earlier, and opened fire onto Whirl. The Wrecker grunted as the hit tore off a piece of his right shoulder plating. "Oh, do shut up. It's not like you're any holier than me." Whirl retorted, as he lunged at Repugnus, slicing at the Monsterbot's shotgun with the rotor blades on his back.

As the shotgun's barrel was torn off, Repugnus tossed it away and roared, leaping at his adversary whilst transforming. Whirl did the same, and soon schytes clashed with the rotor blades of a tilted helicopter, both Autobots too proud and stubborn to give in to the other...
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Maccadam's

Glyph was day-dreaming: A quiet cottage on the outskirts of Abingdon. Green fields, bovines and flowing water. If she stood up in the parking space and parted the clematis, she could see the vapours rising from the towers of the Didcot power station. A little further was The Ridgway; take a gentle run along to the White Horse. Quiet days in the company of a quiet old lady with silver hair who yet declaimed Shakespeare with contagious enthusiasm...

"Home..," the teal-coloured minibot murmured and started back to reality. For Glyph, home was where she was studying at the time, getting to understand a species’ present so as best to understand its past. She saw Tap Out was watching her and sighed. "As I am back on Cybertron for the present and without a project to work on, I am homeless, I suppose. I further suppose you, too, are without domicile at this time, my dear friend?"

She rose and could not help but pick up the fact that a number of other patrons took more than a passing interest in her.

"We might present ourselves to the Council," she suggested looking towards the pub door and the ever-present form of Rocky. “Or the Archives.”

--------------------------------------------------------------
Templar Hall

Strike, standing perforce beyond the wall of body-guards (there might only have been three, but they were definitely a wall) bowed to Cincerous. "I will remember," he said. "Perhaps the Chaplain should? She did insist on standing still and shouting for calm, although I doubt many could hear her over the ruckus.

"Are you retiring to the Chapel, my Lord? To consider the gains our agents made at the auction?”
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Approaching Tygun Span:

Nebulon: -squeals, wrenching the wheel to the side, at times like this missing Stepper's old hoverracer mode, the mortar shell's explosion sending shrapnel clattering off of Stepper's side and windows-

Stepper: -would be scowling if he'd been in robot mode- "Disengage." -retaking control of his vehicle mode's steering-

Nebulon: -whistling in relief-

Stepper: -slides to a halt, transforms to robot mode, both phased plasma blasters drawn, aiming up at the rapidly twisting Repugnus and Whirl, onboard targeting computers calculating vectors and angles, studying the pattern of the chaotic fight, both guns tracking, starting to anticipate which movements are going to bring Repugnus into shot-

Factory Facility:

Hot Rod: -looking around as the facility returns to it's former glory- "And you thought this wouldn't work, Tracks."

Tracks: -casting a somewhat jaded optic over the whole operation- "We're not up and running yet."

Hot Rod: -smirks- "Oh ye of little faith. C'mon, what's with you? We've got this setup, we're going to show the people that we mean the best for them, and they can trust us to do what we say we'll do."

Tracks: "I'm more worried about what the peace party's going to think about you moving in on their goodwill towards the people."

Hot Rod: "Since when did you become a worrier about things like that? Worry causes wrinkles, doesn't it?"

Tracks: "Since Ironhide had me seconded to be your security guard. In this case, it's not Sundor I'm worried about. It's his backers." -mock scowls- "And I'm more worried about getting a rust infection from this place than I am about getting wrinkles."

optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Factory Facility

Flypast looked up

"rust rashes , you won't get a proper rust rash round here. Now the Toxic Sludge Swamps back in 47 now that was rust rash and a half.

Templar Hall

Eminence Cincerous looked scathingly at Strike

"it is impertinent to try and second guess your elders and betters. But in this case you are correct. Would you like to accompany me?"

This last statement was very definitely not a question.

Macaddam's

Tap out stood clinging onto the table.

"Don'tthink my head can take P-poli ticians at the moment somewhere quiet like the Archives sssounds besst yes. I tink Iwas born under a wonderin' star never really had any place to call home. Longest I been any 1 place was in Con prisson camp."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Velocity, Tygun Span

The shuttle, flying at a south-easternly direction towards the Wastelands, began to shudder more as the fourth engine blew up. Repugnus was unaware of Stepper (and presumably some of the ISS Officers as well) taking aim at him. His whole attention was given solely to his light-blue adversary spinnning his rotors in battle against his own schytes.

Repugnus roared as his maw glowed red, and he spewed another tongue of flame at Whirl, as well as unleashing another holographic display. The Wrecker transformed and covered his single optic with a claw, and activated his paralyzo-box, creating a stasis field around him which reduced the damage from the fire attack, although it still burnt. His other claw opened fire randomly with null rays, while the incendiary shell launcher and photon blaster swiveled, shooting Repugnus in an attempt to drive him backwards.

Unlike Repugnus, though, Whirl was certainly aware of Stepper taking aim at Repugnus, having seen his fellow Wrecker transforming right before Repugnus forced him to cover his optics. Trusting the sniper to be still taking aim at the Monsterbot, Whirl transformed back into helicopter mode, and flying at an angle of forty-five degrees, screamed out of the gaping hole in the windshield.

Repugnus jumped aside to avoid the sudden attack, leaving him exposed to an attack from Stepper...

As Whirl did a barrel-roll in the air and twisted to chase the plummeting shuttle, he shouted at Stepper and Nebulon, "Take him! Take him now!"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ground, Tygun Span:

Stepper: -locking his plasma pulse blasters onto Repugnus' optics and his Blaze Cannon onto his torso, opens fire, plasma bolts and Inferno shells screaming towards the Monsterbot- "No trial, no reports to file....."

Nebulon: -steam venting from his Blaze Cannon mode's cooling vents, chirps a question-

Stepper: "It's like the song says. 'Go ahead, make my day'."

Factory Facility:

Tracks: -looking over at Flypast- "Well..... that's... um.... good to know?"

Hot Rod: "Don't worry about him, Flypast. He's more worried about damaging that precious auto mode of his than anything else."

Autobase Security HQ:

Nightbeat: "I do know one way we could boost our ranks."

Ironhide: "Lemme guess. Transfer Sahren an' Hosehead in, prob'ly Hardhead an' Brainstorm too, rahght?"

Nightbeat: "Siren and Hosehead, certainly."

Ironhide: "They ain't security tahpes."

Nightbeat: "And Tracks is?"

Ironhide: "Naw, he ain't. But he is a warrior, an' a darn good one when he puts his mahnd to it. Hot Rod don't really need a lot'a lookin' after, so it's better ta put somebody who ain't gonna be hoverin' over him lahke a reg'lar secutiry guard'd do." -waves his hands around to indicate everybody- "We ain't fahre rescue, though. Ain't got no need fer inventin' stuff, neither. Hardhead we could use, but Ah ain't so sure 'bout th' others." -shrugs- "'Sahdes, whut we really need 'round here's new blood."

zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Tygun Span, Ground

The ISS SWAT team swerved and skidded away as mortar shells sprayed down from the Velocity. As they careened, Flatfoot slammed into the side of one of the armored vehicles, pushing the two away from the others.

“Oooh,” the officer moaned as they screeched sideways to a halt. “Ungh…hey. Hey, you alright?” He asked Flatfoot.

The others soon regained control and continued their pursuit as they fired up at the Velocity’s rear thrusters.

“We’ve entered the Tygun Span, away from civilians,” one of the SWAT cars commed. “Take it down!”

-----

Repugnus' fiery attack once more forced the ISS helicopters back as a stray shot smacked against the side of one causing it to twirl out of control.

"Nnngh...Spawn of a glitch," the officer grumbled as he tried to stabilize himself.

When Whirl was momentarily flung away from the Velocity, the three remaining helicopters seized the opportunity and opened fired at Repugnus.

Border Regions, Little Sheol

Deciding to continue their discussion elsewhere, Magnificus and Blades exited the Mezzanine and strolled along Methuselah Avenue.

“As you probably know, I recently acquired a substantial chunk of real-estate along the Little Sheol strip,” Magnificus gestured to a group of buildings along the strip. “I trust you recognize these?”

“Yeah. Yeah, I do,” Blades answered. “Axer and Banzaitron used to own them.”

“Feeling a little déjà vu? I can sympathize.”

“Can you blame me? So…there a reason why you brought me out here?” Bladed asked.

“Why, because of your familiarity with these fine establishments…as well as it’s, eh heh, illustrious clientele,” Magnificus grinned. “To the point: I’m a busy mech, Blades. I need someone to keep an optic on things, make sure things run smoothly. With Banzaitron and Axer gone, competing rackets will try to fill the void. Put simply; I need you to keep the trash out.”

“Whoa, whoa, hey, I’m done being a thug,” Blades protested.

“I didn’t say you would be. Besides…that’s Dealer’s job,” Magnificus assured him. “Though it’s probably not as exciting as you’re probably used to, it’s an honest living.”

“Hmph…honest,” Blades whispered.

Sigh, for Primus sake, Blades, this sulking and pouting is hardly productive. Give it a rest,” Magnificus said in an irritated tone. “Look, this is all about you getting a second chance. You have to start somewhere, and though you probably don’t want to hear this, that’s usually from the bottom. But, hey, I can always give the position to someone else if you’re not interested.”

Magnificus expression grew softer. “But since this is the legacy that your former-employer left behind, I figured you’d take up this rare opportunity to make sure the crimes he committed don’t happen again.”
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Tygun Span, Velocity

The ISS Officers manage to blow up the Velocity's fifth engine, causing the long-suffering ship to be running on a single, sputtering engine. It was definitely tilting towards the side, and the mortars have ceased firing. The Velocity made a loud creaking noise as parts and assorted bits flaked off and flew out, littering the sky and ground with burning debris.

Whirl circled the shuttle like a vulture, launching incendiary shells and photon beams seemingly at random, causing more explosions to occur on the hull of the ship.

The Velocity began to plunge, the once javelin-shaped shuttle plunging down into the deserted borders between the Tygun Span and the Wastelands...

"Eh, I'm fine." Flatfoot said as he picked himself off the ISS SWAT officer, and looked up at the tilting burning wreckage of the Velocity.

In the ship it was another story. While the Velocity was as good as dead, Repugnus was not.

The Monsterbot grunted as his sensitive monster-mode optics registered Stepper's attacks shot towards his torso. The Monsterbot managed to swing aside, dodging the more lethal inferno shells (although one did blow up on his shoulder, setting it painfully on fire). However, Stepper's accurate plasma blasts scored home, blackening the Monsterbot's chest armour. As he transformed into robot mode, the Monsterbot flat-out ignored the ISS Air Support's fire as they pinged around the blazing inferno in the shuttle. Repugnus winced as the readings on one of the computers showed that the fifth engine had winked off, and he growled in a rage.

Turning towards the open window, Repugnus shot randomly at the remaining ISS Air Support units with his venom blaster, trying to discourage them from entering the ship. He walked back into the burning inferno, even as the ceilings and floors began to gave way, groaning as the ship tore itself apart.

"Time for me to leave the scene." Repugnus muttered, as he crept into an escape pod, which was miraculously unmolested by the destruction. It jettisoned spectacularly out of the flames even as the Velocity crashed onto the ground. The escape pod would be in view of all the combatants in the area, and that included Whirl.

The Wrecker swung down, flying at a mad angle towards the escape pod, firing four incendiary shells as he did so. "Destroy him!" the Wreckers shouted at the ISS members as well as Stepper.

(OOC: since there isn't enough drama here... :glance:)

Paperweight, sitting on a civilian hovercar he chartered, was recording the pursuit. The amateur reporter filmed the chase as the ISS and Wreckers attacked the Velocity.

"Now showing live news as our valiant ISS officers as well as the Wreckers attempt to subdue a deraged madmech who had stolen a shuttle and is attempting to flee Iacon. Rumours penned the perpetrator as the Monsterbot Repugnus, once part of the Autobot military. This leads us to question how the military could be trusted with training their troops..."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Maccadam's

"Yes, unnatural as it is: the internment camp is the only place I have put down roots," Glyph told Tap Out. She reached out a hand to steady him, gently propelling him into a walk. "I met you there."

Templar Hall

Strike opened his mouth to protest to Cincerous' oblique order, but chose to bow in compliance instead. Better face Misericorde's anger than the more final disapproval the higher ranks could inflict.

"I shall inform the Chaplain," he said. "Is she also to accompany you, my Lord?"

Core Residential District

Warily, Tabbiloid passed his bright green optics over the somewhat insignificant building across the street from where he crouched, half-hidden behind a public waste compactor. Sundor had several of his legal representatives stationed there; with luck, Rosanna might have come by with the 'paperwork' for her recent purchases.

He would not mind talking with her. Equally, he would not mind getting sight of the transfer deed information...

Stealthily, he slipped across to the non-descript door and transformed before knocking.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Templar Hall

Eminence Cincerous looked at Strike.

"make it so."

Macaddam's

Tap Out nodded slowly and very carefully.

"t'wasn't all bad you know."

he put his arm round Glyph to steady himself.

Factory Facility

Square Bash knuckled over.

"if always worried about state of skin. How you expect battles to win."

Flypast looked Tracks up and down

"I've known my fair share of "wax heads" didn't tend to last long. Can he fight?"