Let's Get Drunk and Post - Saturday Night?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
LKW
Protoform

Let's Get Drunk and Post - Saturday Night?

Post by LKW »

Yes, in light of the drunk posts which go unanswered at the time, and following the theory that drinking and posting can both be fun, I propose that we should have coordinated/pre-planned drunk post days.

And further propose that we have one this coming Saturday night, the 9th? I should be around roughly 9ish PM to 2 AM US Eastern time, anyway.... :drink: :cheers:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Drunk posts are funny because they're random. Planning a drunk post is silly.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Saying things are silly without ever having tried them is for losers. :p

I'll probably be here, unless we go to the peelers or the movies or something. And I'll probably be drinking if other people [say they] are. What the hell is EST though? I'm MST. And I'm lazy, I refuse to look it up and you can't shame me into doing it. But I probably will, anyway. But I won't tell you I did and I'll make you tell me anyway, just to be an asshole.

I suggest the chatroom though. It'll keep the thought police happy and we won't clutter the board.

[edit]LKW, you are apparently 4 hours ahead of me... so, your 9 PM is my 5 PM. Soooo... I'll be about 4 hours late. :p hahaha.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Sades wrote:Saying things are silly without ever having tried them is for losers. :p
We have tried it. It was silly.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Blaster wrote:We have tried it. It was silly.
No. We had a blast, you were silly.

Yeah, I'll probably be drinking Saturday, but not that early. :down:
Sades

Post by Sades »

Blaster wrote:We have tried it. It was silly.
Was I there? I don't recall. Who are you again?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Sades wrote:Was I there? I don't recall. Who are you again?
As I recall you and Blaster were proclaiming your undying love for one another when I briefly (and soberly) popped in.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Now those are conversations that I wish I could be around for.

Sounds fun but a bit early for us west coast peoples though...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Hound wrote:Now those are conversations that I wish I could be around for.
They didn't love you so much.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

inflatable dalek wrote:They didn't love you so much.
Nonsense, everyone knows you are the one we talk about when you aren't around. :swirly:
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

There's nothing I'd rather do than drink and sit in front of my computer. And if I am drunk and sitting in front of my computer, I won't be typing much anyway.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Aww, Ghostal's too cool to drink with us. Breaks my heart...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Hound wrote:Aww, Ghostal's too cool to drink with us. Breaks my heart...
Yeah, must suck when someone else has a wife, and something to do on a weekend evening, and you're looking forward to drinking on an online message board.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Sades

Post by Sades »

Hey, I have most of that [minus the wife bit- but the BF doesn't mind if I spend half the night typing, he's here anyway and he's probably playing games] and more, but I still try to make time for the people I meet online. Y'know why? Because I want to. Now please do us all a favor- take your holier than thou attitude and shove off. If you don't want to be here, that's fine. But you don't have to ruin it for the rest of us.

Oh, and before someone goes on and on about how this is a public messageboard, etc- it isn't about the right to post, it's about not being a dick to other people.

And Hound totally knows we're cool with him. He's just so easy to tease. :o

Guys, I have a party tonight [My BDay party!] but I might be around tomorrow as we don't currently have anything planned. :wave: Oh, I should probably note that I won't be around until later in the evening [edit: changed to 6 or 7 MST] though, so I'll pop my head in, see if anyone is still floating about and move on my merry way if there's nothing really happening... this is barring us getting bored and going/being invited somewhere, of course. :/ it's hard to say.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Whats 9 EST in GMT?
About 2 AM if I remember right.
Got a gig tomorrow night and should be in for about half 1 my time.
My football team (Rangers) have their biggest game of the season tomorrow- basically a Championship decider against our biggest rivals so if we win and I have a good gig the chances of me being very drunk are about 100%
So Ill be up for some drunken postage.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Sounds like a pure Scottish idea likes.

:)

I'll be out for a few beers in the afternoon, so who knows what the evening holds?

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Sades

Post by Sades »

If people want to take the time to figure out who will be on when, this will probably help-

http://www.worldtimezone.com/

I'm -7 GMT. I'll try to be on around 6 or 7 PM my time, so take that and add seven hours. Might be a little late for some. ;)
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Hound wrote:Aww, Ghostal's too cool to drink with us. Breaks my heart...
Hey, there is nothing wrong with turning away offers from people in the real world to drink alone in front of your computer. The social landscape needs ditch-diggers too. It takes all kinds, and it keeps the line at the bar a bit shorter! :)

Hound's loserness aside, I actually would enjoy an "online drinking get-together" like this if I had no other plans and my wife was up for a shot at the century club (100 shots of beer in 100 minutes). Fortunately, I've got better plans for tomorrow - I'll be out tailgating outside RFK Stadium for the DC United/Toronto FC game starting at 3 pm - keep your eye out for me in the Barra Brava (the nutcase fan club section) on the webcast here:

http://buzz.yahoo.com/article/1:9022855 ... on-9th-May
Sades

Post by Sades »

Vin Ghostal wrote:The social landscape needs ditch-diggers too. It takes all kinds! :)
Exactly. That's why we have you, after all.

Good for you, man- have fun!
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Sades wrote:Exactly. That's why we have you, after all.
Nice girl, but sharp as a sack of wet mice.