Your Latest Non-TF Toy Acquisitions

Including anime, manga and comics films.
ganon578

Re: Your Latest Non-TF Toy Acquisitions

Post by ganon578 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:40 pm

Lego Star Wars 75218

Ordered this online since the price was right. It comes with Luke Skywalker/R2-D2 as well as Biggs Darklighter/R2-Q2 plus extra plates with stickers to make the ship Red 5 or Red 3 depending on the pilot. Pretty awesome!

HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:25 am

Lego Overwatch 75974 Bastion.

Lego Overwatch 75975 Watchpoint: Gibraltar.

Both sets I bought off Amazon has they were 20-30% off on there.

Warcry

Post by Warcry » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:04 am

Marvel Legends The Thing

I was pretty stoked when Hasbro made the Walgreens-exclusive Fantastic Four figures, which were carried by EB Games here in Canada. Not so much because I was a big F4 fan, but because I figured it would be an easy team to build and be done with -- four core members, five if you include Doom and at maximum, six if they ever do a She-Hulk in the outfit. Little did I know...Sue and Johnny were easy to get. In fact, I'm pretty sure I can still find them for sale if I was of a mind to. I guess that convinced them not to import very many Reeds, because I never actually saw one -- I only got one because my wife picked it up for me. And Ben? Ben wasn't going to happen. He was so short-shipped in my area that, if I remember right, some stores didn't even get enough to fill their preorders. They sure didn't have any available for walk-ups.

Thankfully Disney bought Fox, so now Hasbro is allowed to acknowledge the F4 at mass retail instead of as exclusives to pharmacies/video game stores! And while the modern, mostly-black outfits they chose for the team seem like a really odd pick (I would have expected the vintage blue-and-white look since they did blue-and-black for the exclusives), it really doesn't make any difference for The Thing since he's just wearing a pair of shorts. He fits in with the Walgreens crew, at least as well as they fit in with each other (I still can't believe how badly they matched the blues on Reed and Sue). Or at least he does colour-wise. I don't really remember Ben being seven and a half feet tall, so the colossalness of the figure is a bit of a head-scratcher. But the sculpting is great, the grumpy head sculpt is spot on and in spite of how bulky it is, the figure is quite poseable. And the huge feet make him easily the best-balanced Legends figure I own.

It's hard to call something a figure of the year candidate when we're only 10% of the way in, but he's solidly better than any of the Legends I got last year. And last year had some really good figures!