[Original RPG] Collapse: Imperium (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Smelting Pools

Frenzy shook his head,

Blitzwing incase you haven’t noticed I’m Frenzy NOT Rumble. I’m the one with the brains”. He again looked down at the minicon,

“So suicide bomber eh? Well perhaps you don’t care if you die but you might care how you die”. Frenzy was fed up with this stand off, he swatted the shotgun away. He grabbed the minicon by the neck and began to drag him towards the smelting pool.

“Even a tini thing like you should last a few minutes in here wouldn't you say Blitzwing?” Frenzy grinned at Slug.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Smelting Pool

Maul flew backwards and fell into the Smelting Pool. Scrabbling desperately he clung on to the side of the pool with his fingertips.

~*~

Slug wriggled

"Put me down you mad slagger I just told you the code. Why the slag would I be a slaggin suicide bomber. We're gonna all die type in the slaggin' code."

Operations

Peak staggered under Quickshot's onslaught. He retreated backwards down the corridor leading towards Operations. He scooted backwards fast and watched Motormaster miss with his haymaker as his target moved rapidly away from him.

~*~

Bluff picked up speed as the missiles exploded in a spot he'd occupied moments before. He ran hard and fast down the corridor.

Generating Room

Pound transformed just in time for the Stunticons attack. The combined force of compressed air and the scatter gun sent him arcing backwards. He flew back and up and crashed through an access ladder and finally through a glass wall of a room overlooking the main Generating Plant : the control room.

THe emergency lights flickered and went out and a fire broke out as mechs ploughed through machinery and mechs fought in a space from which Breakdown was normally banned on general principles. Thick oily smoke started to roil from the fire. The fire prevention system cut in and the fire alarm clamoured loudly and the room started to fill with Halon gas.

Above the door a blue light began to flash and a fire door started to descend .

Outside Communications

Casemate sniggered and transformed as Shrapnel's electrical discharge hardly scratched his massive frame.

Casemat almost filled the corridor in Cybertron rail gun mode. The massive barrel of the gun depressed pointing down the corridor
Roadster

Post by Roadster »

Outside Communications

"Of no you don't." Said Drag Strip was he jumped forward ending up chest to floor, gun pointing forward. "Easier said than done but... Heavily armored or bare circuited makes little difference." Thought Drag Strip as he took aim beyond Casemate's barrel and into his base and started firing. He knew that enough hits would make Casemate so heavy he'd either collapse to the next floor or collapse upon himself, to him either was acceptable.

Operations

Motormaster recovered his balance and flew after Peak, intent on not letting go once he grabbed him. Once he was within range he lunged again.

Power Generating Plant

Wildrider chuckled to himself as he made his way out of the generation plant towards Med Bay, recognizing Rumble along the way he slowed down. "Yar late short stuff. Ah'ma taking a break, catch ya later."

Dead End and Breakdown followed after Pound dodging obstacles as they went along each in their own way, when they found Pound they attacked intent on finishing what they had started.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Outside Communications

The corridor groaned as the floor supporting members strained to take the increased weight of the Imperial Rail Gun.

The gun depressed the barrel filling the corridor. Aiming down the corridor towards Communications.

Casemate fired the projectile down the corridor.

The recoil combined with Drag Strip's attack proved too much for the flooring which gave way under Casemate and for some extent along the corridor. Plunging anyone too slow to get out of the way onto the floor below.

Fleeing Operations

Peak hovered up near the roof erratically as he retreated backwards down the corridor at speed firing as he went.

Generating Plant

The control cabin groaned and swayed on its supports weakened by the passage of Pound and by the Stunticons further attack. The cabin swayed out into the abyss as Pound retreated along the contol cabin.
Roadster

Post by Roadster »

Outside Communications

Drag Strip's position allowed him to avoid this particular attack on Casemate's part though he suspected he might as well forget that Darkmount had an communications hub for now. as the floor gave way he used his flight capabilities to avoid falling with the rest of the floor. Right now he saw no sign of the four armed, four weapon wielding imperial, but he concentrated Casemate's form. Drag Strip was angry beyond insults, taunts and screams at this point. He simply aimed his gun at Casemate and fired again and again, should the imperial fall through all the way to Cybertron's core Drag Strip would be happy. Should he die screaming crushed by his own weight, Drag Strip would be happier.

Fleeing Operations.

Being an almost preternaturally tough Decepticon, Motormaster did his best to shrug of the damage caused by the imperial, he knew he was getting hurt and he knew he couldn't exactly ignore it but he was close now, without any hesitation he grabbed for Peak intending to begin punching as soon as he did.

Generating Station.

Breakdown and Dead End continued pursuing the imperial using their speed to catch up to him.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Corridors, Darkmount

Tracer made no hesitations as he made his way towards someplace where he could exit Darkmount, but he did take the time to be sure of where he was, navigating through the damaged areas from the conflict and keeping watch for any Imperials that might be waiting in ambush after sneaking in.

His main interest was getting out into the fighting, feeling himself growing eager to finally have some action, but in the back of his mind he was also reminded of his new rank, and the duties to go along with it. He was upper command now, and he couldn't afford to just rush in wrecklessly. Almost begrudgingly, Tracer activated his com unit, reminding himself that it had to be done.

"Soundwave, Astrotrain, this is Tracer. The situation in the medbay has been dealt with. I need any available information on the status of the Imperial attack."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Darkmount

Scrapper gave Scavenger a patient look. "Don't judge Hook too harshly," he said. "He's a doctor, not an engineer. The finer points of applied physics are beyond him."

Turning to Mixmaster, he nodded. "Really? That's interesting. When you have a moment, you should try carbon-dating the remains to be sure."

If he'd had a proper face, he would have grinned from ear to ear when Gravedigger showed up. "All we need now is for Hauler to come back, and the gang would all be here." He shrugged. "Of course, if he did show up I'd have to kill him and rebuild his components into the medbay wall..."

Astrotrain's Office

Soundwave flatly ignored Tracer's comm.

Useless thug, he thought dismissively.

"What do you have in mind?" he asked Astrotrain.

Astrotrain, for his part, smiled when Tracer's call came through. No one would see it, though, because he was still staring out the picture window.

He didn't respond to the other Decepticon's call directly. Instead, he opened up a comlink and transmitted a single word silently: Listen.

Leaving the channel open, he replied to Soundwave. "It doesn't work like that. If you won't trust me with what you're doing, I'm certainly not going to tell you what I'm doing. What I'll need from you is unfettered access to the comm system and your complete list of contact numbers for people outside of Megatron's army."

Soundwave seemed to ponder that for a moment, then answered, "I think I can do that."

"When I say complete, Soundwave," Astrotrain reminded him, "I mean complete. Not the sanitized lists that you've made available on our networks. Megatron might let you get away with hiding things like that from him, but I won't. Not if we're going to be conspiring together."

Operations, Darkmount

"No idea," Buzzsaw told Laserbeak.

Corridors

Rage fired again at Bulwark, trying to shoot the wounded enemy in the back and cripple him entirely so that he wouldn't be able to run away when Rage got into sword range.
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Corridors Darkmount

Rumble was almost knocked to the floor as Wildrider sped past him. Adding fuel to the fire burning in Rumbles processor he heard the Stunticon address him as “short stuff” again.

Rumble turned around and began hobbling towards the medbay. A warning light had began flashing in his optics. He was losing power. He needed to get to the medbay for repairs sooner rather than later.

- Rumble to Laserbeak, I’m beat up pretty bad buddy. Dissingaging to get repairs

The Imperials and that loud mouth Wildrider would have to wait.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smelting Pool

The minicon continued to squirm. Frenzy could remember the days when he himself was that size. Sometimes he missed those days. There was something lonely about his new alternator body almost cold, but now wasn’t the time to get sentimental.

He had reached the smelting pool and was dangling the unfortunate Slug over it. The heat was almost to much for Frenzy to bear he knew Slug must be feeling much worse.

“Now so, your not a suicide bomber then? What was the plan, I’m sure you know we are all running out of time here. Even if that bomb blast gets me your still gonna end up in that smelting pool aint ya. So convince me that code isn’t gonna blow us all to Primus”.

Frenzy’s demeanor was starting to crack, if the minicon didn’t persuade him he was going to have to deal with the bomb himself.

He snapped over his shoulder at Blitzwing, “ Can’t you deal with those three little mini goons?”
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Medbay

Scavenger smiled to himself basking in Scrappers acknowledgement of his point.

"Yes I forget that Hook has his limitations."

~*~

Gravedigger made as if to high five Longhaul

"alrightyou old slagger, Its good to see ya I could do with some help in moving things although its not just that now I am in charge of fraggin' logistics fraggin sweet."

Smelting Pool

"What happens if i tell you. You'll kill me anyway. Why should I be a suicide bomber we've blown up 3 other sites so far and set the other bombs and we didn't feel the need to kill ourselves in the process.

~*~

Belt and Smack let out from ambush and started firing at Blitzwing.

~*~

Corridors

The injured Bulwark's weaving made him an unpredictable target and Rage missed.

Realising that they had but the one pursuer the 2 imperials turned and opened fire back down the corridor.

~*~

Peak hovered up near the ceiling with Motormaster hanging off him. He diverted some of the power from his internal fusion plant and sent a burst of electricity through his skin in an attempt to get Motormaster to let go on th epain of being fried.

~*~

Pound reached the end of the cabin and looked down out towards the fire below. The control consoles gave him some cover from the Stunticons but even his tough skin was starting to be damaged badly The cabin creaked and swayed. Staggering from his wounds he turned and blasted a hole in the side of the cabin and leapt into the burning inferno below , into the smoke now combined with fire fighting chemicals to create a choking fog.

~*~

Shuttle Bay

The floor beneath Casemate began to groan again although this was tougher than the one above designed as it was to take the impact of landing shuttle craft. It was however only a matter of time before the stresses became too much His hover generators whined as they tried to cope with the excess weight. one started giving off smoke.

He retreated backwards out of Drag Strips line of fire giving him a respite if only a temporary one.

He cranked his gun upwards and fired at Dragstrip.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Medbay

Hook's chin shot up, but he absolutely refused to be drawn by Scrapper and Scavenger; far too plebeian...

"Your efforts are most appreciated, Bonecrusher," he said instead. "Mixmaster: we must set aside our personal requirements and the analysis of our deceased 'friend' until certain the functional are secured from harm. Do you not agree, Long Haul?"

'Ooh, thirty all!' Starscream laughed, applauding.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Smelting Pool

Blitzwing: -slams down his schmitar down on Maul's fingers, intending for him to drop into the smelting pool- "I'm trying, Frenzy, but these guys are tougher than they- oof!" -spins around, fires off gryo blasts at Belt and Smack- "Die, Imperials!"

Operations

Skyjack: -seeing that Bluff is no longer around, switches targets- "You go, Motormaster!" -aims missile launcher and laser guns at Peak's centre of mass, firing-
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Medbay

Bonecrusher looked at Gravedigger and gave him a smile. "So.. what have you done while we're out?" he said while clearing debris, waiting for Scrapper, Mixmaster or Long Haul to build something.

Corridors

Shrapnel, disoriented by all the firing around him, did what he could. He sprayed shrapnel at Casemate and Submerge's direction. "DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!" he said, even as a stray bullet tore off a part of his helmet.

Operations

Laserbeak grunted at Buzzsaw's reply. "Hnn. This day just keeping better and better."

The Cassettecon took aim at where Skyjack fired before (Bluff's former position) and observed the place. "So you can disappear, can't you?" Laserbeak began shooting laser in a wide arc. "In my injured state, the least I could do is to discover where you're hiding."

Corridors

Sliding Claw's presumably-dead body off him, Tinker took off after Pound and fired at the Imperial with lasers. "Let's go, Stunticon! Bring him down!"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Main Astonomy Observation Dome

Bluff paused at the first quiet place his madcap dash for freedom had led him and pulling out a medical pack slapped a wound dressing on his arm socket.

Secondary Corridor

Roughhouse and Submerge jogged round a corner as Casemate valiantly bought them some time.

Medbay

Gravedigger shrugged.

I've got myself a sweet fraggin' little number in Logistics running Darkmounts flraggin; Quartemaster Section, it's a slagging cushy number.

~*~

Scavenger nodded

"We need to put away our esoteric and rarified concernsand concentrate on the practical. All work together and stabilise the situation and get our hands dirty even if we're not used to it. I'll need some I beams and some metal plating so we can stabilise that wall. Hook if you could analyse what circuitry went through that wall and work out a diagram.

Smelting Pool

Maul lost 3 fingers from one hand he scrabbled desperately to hang on.

~*~
Roadster

Post by Roadster »

Sorry for the rushed posts... Posting from work.

Generating Plant

Seeing the lack of stability of pretty much all structures, Breakdown and Dead End backed away from where they were, The first aiming very carefully and not firing until he was sure he could hit Pound the latter firing more indiscriminately.

Operations

Motormaster felt one of his optics go offline and ditto for a hearing sensor,but didn`t let go, the other one`s insulation finally quicking in when at about 40% capacity. Motormaster stifled a scream and attempted to jam his gun into an orifice left in Peak by Quickshot`s shooting, thus letting him feel some of the electricity he was dishing out, before pressing the trigger of his gun and shooting a raging windstrorm on his insides.

Outside Communications.

Drag Strip attempted to dodge but lost an arm and part of the shoulder attatched to it, he for his part managed to land without further damage and kept shooting towards Casemate.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Hangar Bay

Casemate's shell's impact didn't explode when it hit Dragstrip. It was the impact only that caused the damage. After hitting Dragstrip it continued up through the corridor ceiling still too thin to detonate an armour piercing shell before hitting a safe on the floor above. The thick metal of the safe mimiced armour plate enough and the rail gun shell detonated, completely destroying Darkmount's Payroll Department and all its staff that were in the room.

While Dragstrip was transiting between the floor above and the hangar bay
Casemate took the opportunity to transform and duck amongst the shuttle craft.

~*~

Outside Operations

Peak staggered sideways under Motormasters assault the blast of wind echoed round the interior of what would be his leg in robot mode before exiting out of the bottom of his foot and taking a hoverjet with it.

Peak unbalanced and with the momentum of the cyclone still propelling him crashed sideways through some double doors and into Darkmounts Main Server Complex.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Medbay

"Delighted!" Hook exclaimed in response to Scavenger's question. So, this member of the team would side practically with whichever one of them appeared to be in charge at the time, making it important that he maintain the impetus and did not allow Scrapper any advantage. Going along with Scavenger also gained him standing again as one of the inter-dependant gestalt. Anyhow, the necessary checks would take little time; most of it would be spent cross-referencing his scan of the wall's remains with reference materials held on Darkmount files.

Only, Darkmount's files did not appear to be accessible via the medbay communications port...

The hard way, then...

Hook strode over to Bonecrusher, murmured support for his admirable clearance and shoring works, and began to probe the stanchion beside the badly-warped door.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Roadster

Post by Roadster »

Hangar

Drag Strip didn't miss Casemate's movement and took to the air again, once there he flew towards the imperial from a clear angle, not hesitating to fire.

Server Room

Motormaster entered the room and engaged Pike in melee combat, throwing him out or making sure the imperial didn't move anymore were important, but if the imperial opted to leave openings for the sake of causing destruction, Motormaster was ready and waiting as he attacked.
Selkadoom

Operations

Post by Selkadoom »

Hightower frowned as Bluff teleported away, he then turned and fired poisoned at peak as fast he could

Communications

Bombshock transformed and said

"I love this place"

then jumped up over Casemates hole turned back into tank mode and fell through
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

Medbay, Darkmount

Long Haul smiled at Gravedigger's comments.

"Of all bots, you should be well aware of my feelings towards that part of my job Gravedigger." And with you in command it should make it that much easier for me to shirk those responsibilities.

The bickering was music to Long Hauls ears, though as usual he found himself caught in the middle of it all.

"It's simple for me, the sooner we get this wall complete, the sooner we can step outside of this Medbay and address our own concerns."

Turning back to Mixmaster.

"Sorry Mixmaster, it seems our own well being must take a backward step when it comes to the fate of this wall."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Secondary Corridors

In his insect mode, Shrapnel fluttered over the chaos and shot off after Roughhouse and Submerge, silently berating himself for chasing two Imperials that are out of his league.

He transformed into robot mode and opened fire with his wrist lasers at Submerge, while his antenna shot off a bolt of electricity at Roughhouse.

Medbay

Bonecrusher nodded as Hook arrived, silently cursing his team's power-hungry members. Scrapper, Hook, Mixmaster, Scavenger... it doesn't matter, really, who leads the team. Though Long Haul and I never did got a chance to do so...

Shrugging, the Constructicon continued with his work.

Main Server Complex

"Get him out of there, Motormaster!" Laserbeak screeched as he hopped towards the room, futilely trying to prevent Peak from making any more damage.

He considered using his lasers to battle, but he doubted that in his broken state, he'll be accurate enough to actually hit Peak. "Someone kill that invisible Imperial!"

Generating Area

Tinker fired at Pound with tranquilizing darts from one cannon and laser bolts from the other.