[Animated] The art of the show

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
DirtDigger324
Protoform

[Animated] The art of the show

Post by DirtDigger324 »

The story and voice acting has more than cleared up the artwork gripes for me as a fan. I enjoy the Decepticon characters and I just wish that the Autobots were stronger than they are hopefully they grow to become that way. I look at a lot of what some fans say on youtube and other places and they still can't get over the art of the show. Yes it is in a way a sad departure from what transformers used to be, but i enjoy it nonetheless. How do any of you all feel as being some of fans since Transformers first began and the art that we are so used to from our childhoods? Do you think that it should change, or do you welcome the difference and how it either clashes or complements the show's concept? Keep in mind to those still not liking this show because of the art, this is a product for kids mostly some of us just kinda ended up runing along with the show and its product long after making us big kids at heart and the best bunch of adults you could ever know.
Civ

Post by Civ »

I'll be honest, the art doesn't make any difference to me in watching the show. It's just a different medium and style. Now, one of the story's plot devices is another story.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

The art is certainly a lot better in motion that it looked in the yealy propotion pictures. It can look a bit strange at times, mostly their thies, but it is actually rather nice in my opinion. The at times cartoony stories and art go well together. I still have to get used to Sentinel Prime, he looks wery human and rounded, smoof in a way.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I think we need to accept the fact that all cell animated cartoons these days have that style of animation. The days of blocky robots are long gone, and we have our memories and DVDs to remember them, but the future of animations is curved robots.

With that in mind, I just try to enjoy the show for the stories and characters, as well as the countless easter eggs. One of the things that do need to go are the giant chins though.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

i will agree that the chins look a bit odd it kinda makes sentinel prime look like buzz lightyear

i think this is a fantastic new direction for transformers as iconic and fun as the original show was the look just dosent cut it for me i just see it as a fantastic foundation for a great brand, no! a great way of life. and without it we wouldnt have the awesone looking animated which i think is the best series so far
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

The art grows on you I think. Ratchet's artwork evertime seems the most "original" to me compared to the rest but I quite like it now. The stories and voice acting are good and those are the selling points to me.

It would be a different matter if eyes were missing, heads vanished, and the artwork was sloppy but it's not. So, I am happy with it.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I suppose we have to get used to the animation models. Not that it bothers me though... it just look too... human. Anyways, the plot and story is the most important thing, and at least there are not much animation errors, unlike in early G1 (Skywarp teleporting, reappears as Starscream, teleports again, reappears as Thundercracker... Next to the REAL Thundercracker:lol::lol:), and if you wanna see blocky robots, read the comics, like me...
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

The incredible story arc, writing and premise, along with the countless nods to G1 have overcome any misgivings I had when I saw the first promo image in July 2007.

The show is so well written and acted that it is quickly passing Beast wars as the greatest TF SHOW ever.
Come on and wind me up.