Classics TFs I'd like to see

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Sunstreaker2

Classics TFs I'd like to see

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

You know what I'd like to see? A modern, GOOD version of Victory Leo. Victory Leo is one of my favorite toys(I'm a sucker for giant cannons that look like they came from a spaceship), and a new toy of him(that doesn't suck like the RM version) is long overdue. That's why I think there should be a Classics Victory Leo. All it would need to be is a big black and yellow lion with huge cannons on his back, and BOOM! Victory Leo. Yay Victory Leo! And of course, a Classics Star Saber would be good too...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Probably not happening at this time mate. Besides collectors and die-hard fans, there's not much of a market for those characters, and with Galvatron in the upcoming Classics and Sentinel Prime [FINALLY] in the animated series, it'd be a bit confusing to add another set of leaders to the frame.

I'm more interested in the upgrades they have for the 84-86 cast.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Not to mention, what're the odds of seeing some obscure Japanese TF characters in an American toyline?

And if they did, they'd give them some stupid Americanized names which would be immediately adopted over the TF wiki much to my agony...
lars573
Protoform

Post by lars573 »

Magmatron got released by Hasbro without a name change. The Hasbro name for Leo Convoy is Leo Prime. Star Saber isn't so odd as to need changing. Victory Leo maybe.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

You forgot Overlord -> Gigatron.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Tetsuro
Not to mention, what're the odds of seeing some obscure Japanese TF characters in an American toyline?

And if they did, they'd give them some stupid Americanized names which would be immediately adopted over the TF wiki much to my agony...

Yeh, how dare someone want to see Star Saber or someone in the line... We got any proof the Overlord thing wasn't a copyright problem (as Hasbro had no problem with the name in 1991)?
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

It most likely was a trademark issue.

As for characters I would like to see. I wanna see femmebots. :D
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The other thing to consider is that it's also an awful name. I mean, Gigatron's not great (I mean, what are the origins of this? Is it a Japanese name bought over to the American line? I seem to remember something about that, but Tetsuro seems to say this is a no-no, so it must just sound a bit like the Destronger leader), but Overlord... let's be honest, if the character wasn't a) 20 years old and b) often the focus of masturbating Jafanboys, would anyone be that fussed? Overlord's not a name, it's a vague description. It's a digit away from Leader-1. A lot of Japanese names are pure bull****, usually being a couple of vague words or fragments jammed together, or remarkably literal. Victory Leo = Winner Lion, and so on...
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I would really like to see a Classics Grapple. I still have my G1 version, and would really like to see him updated. Plus, they don't have any crane/trucks in the previous Classics. Maybe an Inferno instead. Either way, I'd be happy.
mattman34
Protoform

Post by mattman34 »

Something id want would be the rest of the seekers and coneheads.
Markus
Protoform

Post by Markus »

Originally posted by mattman34
Something id want would be the rest of the seekers and coneheads.

They have them if you have a lot of money.:glance:
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

I would like a Classic Sunstorm and repaints of Bruticus and Superion from Energon like they did to Devastator. Nemesis Prime and I doubt it but a correct painted Ultra Magnus.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

I'd still like to see a properly designed Ironhide/Ratchet in the line. I like the G1 version but I know a lot of folks were put off by it :)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
A lot of Japanese names are pure bull****, usually being a couple of vague words or fragments jammed together, or remarkably literal. Victory Leo = Winner Lion, and so on...

I'd assume that's down to Takara-once they decided to keep the bulk of the names in English- deciding to just come up with names that sounded good to people that don't speak the language (in the same way that Optimus Prime sounds better than Best First).

Didn't we get a few Japanese homages in the Armada/Energon/Cybertron days when hasbro and Takara were developing the lines together? I'm fairly sure there was a Star Sabre nod wasn't there?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by lars573
Star Saber isn't so odd as to need changing.

Aye, they used the name in Armada, so there's nothing stopping them from using it again.

All in all, I don't particularly expect that we'll be seeing Japanese characters in Classics (maybe Sunstorm, since someone at Hasbro seems to like him). They might throw a few surprizes in there, but I think a lot of what we'll see are from the first two years, with a dash of season 3 characters.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Personally, I'd like to see that new tank that is coming out be Warpath. He needs a new figure, one that's actually a tank instead of a f***ing jeep.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I think they're planning to release him in either classics or Animated. The Target exclusive is only being used so they can recover the name, I bet.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Yeh, how dare someone want to see Star Saber or someone in the line...

Hey, of course I'd love to see some Japanese characters in the line too. Especially if they made Star Saber with proper leg articulation. I was just pointing out the extreme improbability of that. Okay, so they did make Leo Convoy, but that was just a repaint of Ligerjack (I honestly don't remember his english name), the Legends version to boot.

At they at least gave Overlord and Gigatron separate entries on TF wiki so everyone wins.

I still think "Overlord" is the cooler name, though. >_>
Bludgeon-X
Protoform

Post by Bludgeon-X »

More Dinobots
Wheeljack
Prowl
Soundwave
Hot Rod
G1 Ironhide & Ratchet
Railguard

Post by Railguard »

Just put out the freaking Classics/Universe line already!!!! What are you waiting for Hasbro??? Get on with it.