Transformers 1.5 On Imax September 21

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Felix
Protoform

Transformers 1.5 On Imax September 21

Post by Felix »

mAN oh man... I am REALLY excited now..

Sorry folks, not sure if someone already posted this here. But I was so disapointed this film wasn't on IMAX.. And now I'm gonna get to see a longer director's cut of the film in IMAX !!!!!

I AM REALL REALLY HAPPY !!!

:D

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/08/17/tra ... september/
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I love the term "uncut"

I always read it as "we've put back in all the stuff that we chopped out for being rubbish / not making sense / being redundant."

Seriously, trawl through most deleted scenes on a DVD and you'll easily see that there's a reason they were cut out.

More DNE Better.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I think the main selling point of it is seeing it in IMAX... not the added scenes. I'll be checking it out for sure...
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

I hope they release it worldwide...
TheKidHypno
Protoform

Post by TheKidHypno »

i wonder if a scene is barricade vs prime

or showing how bumblebee took out barricade
Decepticharge
Protoform

Post by Decepticharge »

Thank you for the heads up. Well, looks like I'll be going back to see the movie again. :)
Originally posted by Brendocon
I love the term "uncut"

I always read it as "we've put back in all the stuff that we chopped out for being rubbish / not making sense / being redundant."

Seriously, trawl through most deleted scenes on a DVD and you'll easily see that there's a reason they were cut out.

More DNE Better.
The Lord of the Rings Special Editions comes to mind. Although there were some cool back-story items that were edited.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Pretty much, yeah. Marathoning the extended editions is a bad idea. Takes all day, and by the end of it, you'll be so sick of it that you really won't care if you see it again. It's been two years, at least, since I saw those movies. TBH, the only one, where the extra scenes actually added anything was ROTK, with the Sauruman scene, which showed not only that he had completely lost his powers, but he was weak enough to the point, where he could be killed by even the likes of Wormtongue.
Originally posted by TheKidHypno
or showing how bumblebee took out barricade

Aye. I would have loved to see more of that fight.
Jetfire426
Protoform

Post by Jetfire426 »

i saw it on the 19th.. my friend had some free screen passes.. i liked it.. it was cool... i though that they were going to show barricade dying but they didnt... can't wait for the dvd and the 2nd movie...
One shall stand, One shall fall...
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Well thats me booked up for the IMAX at the Glasgow Science Centre on Wednesday night.
Im not that bothered about the extra scenes I just want to see what the IMAX experience is all about and to see it again as due to a number of factors I only saw it once in the cinema and as it was a late showing they switched it off about 30 secs into the titles so I missed the scene with Starscream.
Its going to be a pricy night tho as the tickets at £8 each plus £1 booking fee takes it to £17($35) for me and the gf and when the protoform she is carrying is born in December(our first) its only gonna get more expensive in a few years time.

UPDATE

Ok so I saw it tonight and cant say i really noticed the extra scenes but everything just looks so much better in IMAX mode(apart from Megan Foxs face when shes in close-up as she has really bad skin in a couple of scenes which you dont notice in a normal theatre-still wouldnt kick her out of bed for farting though)
In conclusion I would really recommend seeing the IMAX version to anybody. If you have the chance to see it in this format then GO you wont be disappointed.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.