[Original RPG] Redemption: The Hammer Strikes (Crystal City)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

"Affirmative, Commander", - Red Alert replied to Ultra Magnus's command. "Charger - follow me, but be on your guard for enemies." Realising that his appointed partner had his legs recently patched up, Red hadn't transformed, preferring walking - slowly, but surely.

The Security Director stalked the streets in southern directions, his particle rifle in hand, his ultrasensitive sensors keeping track of both his surroundings and the following Decepticon soldier. Red was trusting nobody, especially the bearers of purple sign - even if they've fought side-by-side with him against Quintessons.

The pair advanced slowly towards the Southern Barracks where Stepper and Cliffjumper had their battle with defence systems.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
mastasini
Protoform

Post by mastasini »

Crystal City

Charger followed red alert on his guard. the pached up leg was working but he should be carefull not to strain it. he should learn caution and tempet. this didn't improve chargers already dark mood...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Gates:

Sky Lynx: -lands- "Very well, Overdrive. I shall rejoin them and we will bring them down."

South Barracks:

Stepper: "Had to say something, Cliffjumper." -pops up again, firing another 20 rounds from his shoulder mounted Blaze Cannon and emptying both plasma pulse blasters, dropping back down-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Gates

Overdrive scrambled down

"Thank You Sky Lynx and good luck."

He transformed and opened a com link

"i'm on my way now Magnus."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Crystal City: The Temple of Primus

a searing red arrow streaked down through airspace... on a seemingly aimless course... but inexorably drawn to one location, in the end...

Crystal City's Temple to Primus

the pyramid seeker came crashing down before the structure... his entire airframe mangling and twisting into a horrid mess. His spark slowly rose from its body, taking on the spectral form of his true self, slowly stalking into the temple.

"After all of that... Once more, I'm damned to walk the universe, a bodiless spark... rather than be given rest."

The specter sat upon the stairs to the dais, and silently cursed both the creator and destroyer for this eternal damnation.

"If truly I am such an insidious being, then perhaps the way to the all-spark will forever be barred to me. Millenia passing by, and all I will have for my trouble...will be the damanation of seeing cybertron restored... and the infernal war between autobot and decepticon rage on once more until the end of time!"

Were he able, Starscream would have smashed his hands into the steps he sat upon.

"All this.. all this sacrifice... and for what? To return to the most base of sentient capacities: war. And all because One side feels it better able to "rule" over the universe. Rule at what cost!? If this is the existence I must bear, so be it! A curse on me for not seeing reality sooner, for what it is."

And as the ghost-seeker rose to his feet, his body coalesced into the shape of a shining spark... dark purple at the edges... and yet shining white at the core... but no sooner had it begun to move toward the door... did it wink from existence.

"Rest.... at... last..." were the final unaudible words of the once-traitor known as Starscream.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Aproaching Shuttles

One of the two surviving shuttles, being impacted by Tracks's lasers, suffered a critical hit on his thrusters and, with a really impressive explosion, was destroyed in the air.

The last shuttle, however, managed to land near the City admist a hail of fire from the Airborne transformers, and some Sharkticons squads were deployed.

---

City

" I read you Overdrive, meet me in the downtown " replied Magnus.

When the City Commander reached a corner, he suddenly stopped. Pointing with his hand, Magnus nodded towards the North Barracks.

" It seems we've found another Quintesson's nest... " he told Hoist.

" Quickmix, Hardhead " radioed Magnus, " I've arrived at the North Barracks, but I can't see you. Where're you? "

---

North Barracks

Laserwave continued manning the automated defense systems of the South barracks when Greasespot, his small advisor, lend him a datapad.

Laserwave looked to the data displayed on the small device screen - the status on the other Cybertron battlefields-, and his eye flashed in anguish...

---

South Barracks

Another turret was destroyed by Stepper's and Cliffjumper's attacks.

The last pair of guns started to return fire, but their shots were aimless, mainly caused by Laserwave's distrction.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

In the Air:

Sky Lynx: -airborne again- "Good shot, Tracks! I'm glad to see that you are actually thinking like me!"

Tracks: -sighs- "I'd be more worried about the ones that landed right now!" -angles down, starts a strafing run on the grounded Sharkticons-

Sky Lynx: "I already am." -looping up, dives down, firing at the Sharkticons and shuttle-

South Barracks:

Stepper: -pops up again, both plasma pulse blasters roaring at the off target turret, five shells roaring from the Blaze Cannon before a shower of sparks and a high pitched squeal of pain cut the fire short, ducks back down- "You okay?"

Nebulon: -disconnects, transforms, twitching spazmodically, stuttering through a series of bleeps and squeals-

Stepper: -sighs- "All right. Hang on and keep your head down."

North Barracks:

Hardhead: -under cover- "I'm here, Magnus. Looks pretty quiet. You ready?"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Enroute

Overdrive revved his engine weaving through the streets.

North Barracks

Quickmix replied

"i'm ready"
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

City Ouskirts

The squads of Sharkticons deployed by the last shuttle were disorganized at best, panicked at worst. Some were destroyed by Sky Lynx, most decided to retreat and only a few decided to fire back at TRacks and Sky Lynx.

---

North Barracks

With a single flash of self-preservation determination on his optic, Laserwave left the console he was manning and stepped straight towards the barracks basement.

Above, HoGerk continued watching the streets.

---

Near the North barracks

Magnus nodded.

" Very well, then. Follow me! " the city commander said, running towards the barracks, firing his gun. From one of the corners of the nearby ramps' doors, the two surviving gatekeepres appeared, moving to intercept.

" Hardhead, attack the left one " said Magnus, pointing towards the left Gatekeeper, while charging towards the right one. " Quickmix, Hoist, Overdrive! Assault the barracks! "

---

North barracks, first floor

" Oh slag! There they come! " said HoGerk, pointing towards the transformers aproaching to the barracks. He turned towards the three Sharkticons with missile launchers.

" You fools, what are you waiting for! Fire! "

Three missiles flew towards Hoist, Quickmix, Hardhead and Magnus.

---

South Barracks

With a small beep, the remaining turrets went on-line.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Skies:

Tracks: -barrelrolling to avoid the incoming fire, laser cannons roaring in response at the Sharkticons-

Sky Lynx: -his mass and armor making him an odd combination of less agile and yet more graceful, weathering the incoming fire, roaring fire and rockets in response-

South Barracks:

Stepper: -moves forward as he crouches, pops out, both plasma pulse blasters roaring at the turrets then zipping back into cover-

North Barracks:

Hardhead: -charging towards the Gatekeeper, shoulder cannon roaring at the Gatekeeper as well as both shatterblasters-

BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

South Barracks

As Stepper closed with the Barracks, the Quintesson building remainded totally silent.

---

North Barracks

As Magnus reached the Gatekepeer he jumped to one side, and rolled behind the Quintesson behemont.

The Gatekeeper followed the City Commander movements, but was too slow for Magnus' smaller body agility.

The City Commander fired a pair of pointblank shots at the Gatekeeper's neck, while rolling again, trying to move out of the bowmace's attack range.

Nearby, the Gatekepeer engaged by Hardhead received the transector's full blast of shots, but the Quintesson hulk survided the attack, though his chest armorplate was melted beyond repair.

With his legs shaken, the Gatekeeper fired his bowmace towards Hardhead.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Quickmix opened fire with his Targetmasters on the Gatekeepers as well as sending a stream of quick setting concrete towards them.

An incoming shot shattered his windscreen sending a hailstorm of glass all over the area.
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

----------North Barrack----------

Hoist driving toward the gate at full speed the missle flew passed him and hit the ground. When close enough the green truck transformed and fired his blaster at the Gatekeeper.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

South Barracks:

Stepper: "Now!" -pops up, opens fire with his plasma pulse blasters at the windows, doors, and whatever else might have a gun sticking out of it-

Nebulon: -using the cover of Stepper's fire to run as fast as his little robotic legs will carry him to the side of the barracks, heading for an opening small enough to let him in(if he can find one)-

North Barracks:

Hardhead: -drops to one knee, the bowmace shot burning across his left shoulder, firing back at the Gatekeeper, flinging high explosive anti-armor shells at the Gatekeeper's mangled armor from his shoulder cannon-

BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

North Barracks

HoGerk, along with the Sharkticons missile squad holding the barracks' first floor, continued their attack over Quickmix and Hoist.

---

On the Barrcaks' exterior, Magnus dodged the Gastekepper counterattack by inches, and quickly raised to his feet. He fired again at pointblank range, but the Gatekeeper, in a circle move, punched the City Commander with his bowmace.

The Quintesson brute strenght sent Magnus flying backwards, with his windshield shattered by the impact.

But when the Gatekepper moved to attack the dazed Magnus, Quickmix's and Hoist's attacks hit on his back, finally destroying the creature.

The Gatekeeper battling Hardhead shot his bowmace again before the transector's shots pierced inside the brute exposed armorless chest, and this final salvo destroyed the last Gatekeeper.

---

Magnus rised to his feet, shaked his head trying to disperse the dizziness from the Gatekeppers' last blow and recovered his gun from the ground.

The City Commander looked around, and pointed towards the North Barracks with his gun.

" Hoist, Quickmix, Hardhead! Charge! " he ordered, striding towards the Quintesson garrison last stand.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

North Barracks:

Hardhead: -grunts in pain as the last shot slams into his left shatterblaster, blowing the weapon(and his left hand) to pieces, gets to his feet, starts off at a shambling run after Magnus-

South Barracks:

Nebulon: -cautiously peers in through a hole blown in the way by Stepper's return fire, exposing as little of himself as is possible but still wanting to get a look inside-

optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

North Barracks

Quickmix rumbled forward all guns firing heading straight towards the North Barracks.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Crystal City outskirts

The remaining Sharkticons finally retreated, running for their lives.

---

Crystal City South Barracks

The South barracks were silent, nobody occupied the building.

---

Crystal City, underground

Laserwave, striding as if the entire Alliance army was closing behind them, moved further into the depths of Cybertron.

---

Crystal City North Barracks

Quickmix's shots impacted on the windows, and HoGerk and his three-men missile squad stop the firing, covering against the targetmaster's shots.

On the ground, Magnus take profit of the Quintesson's heavy weapons silent and reached the Barracks doors.

" Hardhead! Join your firepower with me! " the City Commander said, firing his own laser rifle towards the armoured door.
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

----------North Barrack----------

The missles missed Hoist and impacted on the ground behind him. "Hey! Give up already! You're losing!" Shouted Hoist. The green bot followed Quickmix and support him with his blaster.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

South Barracks:

Nebulon: -whistles loudly-

Stepper: -limps out of cover, breaks into a stumbling run towards the building-

North Barracks:

Hardhead: -adding his firepower to Magnus'-

Skies:

Tracks: -orbiting the area slowly, firing at any opportunity Sharkticons-