[Original RPG] Redemption: The Hammer Falls (Cybertron orbit)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

"Not anymore," Tracer answered to Rumble, letting go of Frenzy and allowing him to drop to the floor of the pod once inside, still continuing to treat the cassetticon as a piece of luggage.

Tracer need only push the launch button for the pod to take off, but seeing as how the other cassetticon was so close, he decided there was enough time to spare a couple of seconds for Rumble to catch up.

"Two seconds," Tracer warned, taking the moment for his systems to catch up from the running before raising his hand in preparation to activate the button. From the rate of his running, Rumble would probably just barely make it inside, which was the way he wanted it. He still didn't trust Soundwave, let alone his little pet spies which he was now having to watch...
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tyrant Bridge

"Enough"

Weirdwolf aimed a cuff at the side of the Quintessons head hoping to knock him completely out.

"Need action back in get yessss."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Steelhaven

" We're quite busy right now, Sizzle ", Skids voice sounded in the bridge's speaker.

" It seems the action it isn't over, cap " Backstreet commented to Sizzle, manning the venerable Autobot cruiser towards Cybertron low orbit.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Steelhaven
Fizzle grimaced as he took stock of this new information.
"Skids, the Steelhaven is fully outfitted to take on a number of scenarios: if Transport isn't needed, then perhaps we may aide you in eliminating the Garrison the Quintessons have established in the area?"

Warworld...
Rumble jumped at the last minute, and cleared the closing doors of the Escape pod with millimeters to spare. He tumbled and rolled to the far wall, and as he lay in his heap, Frenzy cocked his head: "Very cool brother, you want we should call you Indiana Rumble from now on?"
Frenzy then continued to gripe about his small staure, weak armour, and the lack of respect a hard working casseticon recieves these days from the likes of Tracer.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Escape pod, Vicinity of Warworld

With the doors closed, the pod ejected almost immediately, sending it shooting off into space. That left Tracer trapped with the two cassetticons... Ignoring the otherwise seemingly pointless banter, he focused his attention on accessing the onboard computer, checking to be sure the pod wasn't about to take them into a worse situation.

Once he was satisfied with their travel direction for the time being, Tracer worked on the communication equipment, activating it to send a signal to other pods that had been activated.

"Anyone else alive out there?" Tracer called, praying that there indeed was. It was going to be a long trip if all he had to listen to was Rumble and Frenzy...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ravage: -close on Astrotrain's heels-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Airlock, Warworld

Astrotrain transformed to train mode, his rear hatch dropping down to admit Ravage as he moved into the inner airlock.

Escape Pod #2

Soundwave replied to Tracer. "I am here."

Flipping to a different channel, he used his internal systems to boost his signal until it could reach the planet's surface.

"Trypticon, this is Soundwave. Second-generation Decepticons have seized the Warworld. I've activated the self-destruct and locked out the command codes, but I suspect they might be able to undo my handiwork. Launch immediately and use whatever means necessary to stop the ship from escaping."

The communications officer didn't have the authority to issue orders like that, but he didn't let that worry him. Astrotrain was unaccounted for and probably dead, and if the chain of command broke down there would be no chance of stopping the enemy in time.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

"Astrotrain, Hatemonger, Shockwave, this is Gigatron. Polyhex has been reclaimed, and security procedures are underway. Report mission status."
verytired

Post by verytired »

Escape Pod
Frenzy raised a hand pitifully:
"Don't let my me get in your way guys: sure, I'm in a lot of pain, and can't move, but hey: stick to the priorities, chat to old Soundwave, thats more important..."
"Shaddup," said Rumble as he got the escape Pods First Aid kit out. Smiling in a embarrased way up at Tracer, he set to work following the First Aid kits holo projector instructions:
"We'll get you sorted out bruv, don't you worry."
"Worry?!" Frenzy shouted, "How can I be worried? I was stuck in a room with a bunch of same-coloured nobody Imperials who shot me in the back! I'm in an escape pod, hurtling from the frikkin' Warworld which we've lost, to a planet crawling with Quintessons!Whats there to worry about? Oh, atleast i have my supercool alt form to fall back on eh? No wait a minute, thats right, I turn into a cassette. A piece of equipment thats out of date by at least thirty years! I-"
Thank Primus, thought Rumble as the Sedative kicked in finally, "I should ah, be able to help him better now," he explained to Tracer.

Tyrant
Jhuram took Weirdwolfs blow to the head and fell silent as darkenss consumed his exhausted, frenzied mind.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ravage: -leaps into Astrotrain's rear hatch-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Airlock, Warworld

Astrotrain's hatch clicked shut behind Ravage and he hurtled forward toward the outer lock. As it rolled open before him, his boosters ignited. Transforming to shuttle mode as he launched out onto space, he plotted out a navigational course for Polyhex.

Only then did he think about how exactly he was going to avoid being shot for this disaster.

"The Quintesson fleet has been defeated," he reported to Gigatron, "but the Warworld is lost to us." He paused, not sure how much he should be saying over an open channel.

Soundwave's already spread the news throughout the system. If the Autobots are spying, they already know.

"We managed to repulse a traitorous Autobot sabotage party, but neglected to look for betrayal from within." His voice grew hard. "It would appear that the chief engineer that the Technical branch assigned to the Warworld project was a spy for our Imperial cousins. He smuggled several teams of his brethren aboard and hijacked the ship. Soundwave has taken steps to deny the vessel to them, but we don't have the manpower to retake the ship. We're abandoning ship."

With every word that he said, the triplechanger's sense of impending doom grew. Lesser Decepticons like Starscream would have plead for forgiveness, would have beseeched their lord for mercy...but Astrotrain wasn't a lesser Decepticon. He'd served Gigatron loyally for years, and he wasn't about to insult his leader by begging.

Engineering, Warworld

Afterburner rubbed his aching, dented head absently as he worked. Ignoring the tiresome colonel's demands that he hurry, he set about trying to undo Soundwave's handiwork.

He quickly found that he couldn't; the communications officer had effectively locked him out of the systems that he needed to control to stop the self-destruct directly.

But there's more than one way to kill a throwback...

Narrowing his optic band, he quickly reprogrammed the ship's power systems, shunting the energy that was building up in the reactor core toward the hyperdrive coils.

"Colonel, quit your mewling and listen. I've bought you some time, but that's all. I'll need a full-fledged technical team to deactivate the self-destruct, and the only locale we'll find such a team is the Hub. I'm running the excess power into the hyperdrives for now, but if we don't execute a jump in the next fifteen minutes, they'll melt down."

The colonel nodded. "Then we'll jump to the Hub."

"We will," Afterburner told him. "So I suggest you make your way to the bridge and issue orders to that effect." Wincing, he added, "For my part, I'm going to summon a medical drone."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tyrant

Weirdwolf moved to the control console

"have we escape pods on screen yes, from Warworld looks like yes much happened has while battling we were."

Weirdwolf moved to the coms desk

"Escape pods is this Ship Decepticon Tyrant boarding party of Quintessons have we repelled. if manoeuvre towards us can take you in we can tractor eams with yes."
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Astrotrain's radio fizzed once more.

"Secure all Decepticons' escape from the Warworld!" Gigatron barked. "I don't want them to have anyone to interrogate! Have Soundwave remotely access the ship's protocols and reset them continuously. Report to my chamber in Darkmount immediately. I demand a full account."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Deep Space

Astrotrain knew better than to ask why Gigatron wasn't threatening to disembowel him. If he wasn't blaming the admiral, his fury would come down on one of the other senior staff. The Triplechanger only hoped that they were already dead, so they would be spared the wanton brutality of the Decepticon correctional system. His reply was short and to the point.

"As you command, Lord Gigatron."

Closing that channel, he opened another one. "Soundwave, are you listening?"

"Always."

"Then do as Gigatron ordered. And while you're at it, ping the transponders of each Decepticon assigned to the Warworld and pull location and status reports. And move to rendezvous with the Tyrant before you fall into Cybertron's gravity well."

"As you command, Admiral." Astrotrain ignored the insubordinate tone of Soundwave's reply, although he was sorely tempted to turn his ion cannon on the other Decepticon's escape pod and blow him out of space. A few seconds later, another transmission from the communications officer came through. "All Decepticons assigned to the Warworld have evacuated save for a half-dozen whose transponders indicate death." His heavily-flanged voice betrayed a hint of emotion for a few milliseconds, but whether it was regret at his comrades' demise or anticipation for Astrotrain's potential fall from grace was unclear.

"I see." Astrotrain could see Soundwave's pod arcing toward the Tyrant in response to Weirdwolf's transmission. The admiral opened a channel to the lupine Decepticon.

"Weirdwolf, this is Astrotrain. I'm heading for Polyhex to meet with Gigatron. While I'm gone, you're in command of our forces in orbit. Collect the escape pods and observe the Warworld, but stay out of weapons range. Someone on the ground will contact you with new orders shortly. Astrotrain out."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roaring up through the atmosphere:

Trypticon: -increasing power to his engines, main gun locking onto the Warworld, patiently waiting until he's in effective range-

tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

(OOC- Okay, crashed computer and Vertired's leaving's thrown me off. Any help with Sunstorm would be much appreciated.)
verytired

I'm here till the end of reclamation guys, please remember that!

Post by verytired »

Thunderwing looked at Sunstorm with pleading eyes:
"I Need to get back to the Warworld Sunstorm, or all will be lost: I'm sorry!"
With this, he transformed back into his combined jet mode and made his way at speed back to the Warworld...
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

(ooc- Sorry. I was in a hurry. Missed a bit of your post I guess.)

Sunstorm glared at Thunderwing as he raced off, His words, I'm loathe to admit it, but he makes sense. I will let him go, this time. "Sunstorm to Warworld Medbay, make sure thou hast the de-con equipment ready when I arrive."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tyrant

Weirdwolf replied

"Sir aye aye."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Things had been bad enough with having Rumble and Frenzy on board, and now he had Soundwave on the com. This was not a good day for Tracer, and it wasn't over yet. He could just imagine what would be next...

"I've got a couple of your pets on board with me," Tracer answered to Soundwave. "If they push me the wrong way, I'll be ejecting them from this pod. Got it?" Tracer warned, his tone seeming to suggest he was adressing everyone at once.

His steam vented, his tone returned to a more normal one as he spoke again. "So is it just us floating around out here or is there anyone else about?"