[BW] Cybertron: Prelude to Madness

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Crystal City

Prowl ducked instinctively as Deathsaurus buzzed his group, then scowled at Apelinq as the other Maximal shot off in pursuit.

Absolutely no military discipline, these secret agents...

Pulling his fireball cannons from subspace, the logical Maximal moved to run off after them...then hit the deck when a fusillade of energy bolts hit the ground around him. Several of the Maximal police officers surrounding him were wounded by the attack.

Prowl fired a burst of fireballs up into the air, but couldn't quite hit the agile flying saucer that had attacked him.

That would be Dead End, he thought. Magmatron seems to have acquired some proper soldiers. That's all we needed.
DBF
Protoform

Post by DBF »

Apelynq had fallen for one of his personality flaws of acting without thinking, and had realised it: as he heard the plasma land on the troops he had left, he tried to assess what the slag he was doing: he fired at Deathsaurus, but the linear blasters fire was impacting on the buildings they were weaving between.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

In a further attempt to throw off Apelynq, Deathsaurus dropped straight down, shifting again into transport mode as he fell, before landing on the ground and racing off.

Magmatron, this is Deathsaurus, I've arrived at the site.
verytired

Post by verytired »

CatSCAN fired his Plasma torch at the same moment the ICE blast hammered towards him: it was one of those brilliant moments you couldn't plan, the Plasma and Ice colliding and neutralising each other. The still dizzy CatSCAN smiled like a child at the light show, then his draw dropped as Magmatrons Goat came crashing through it and into his chest with an almighty Bang!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Crystal City:

LioConvoy swung around, bringing his arm cannons up and aiming at the crackling dragon. "This from a demented, failed triple changer?" He fired both particle cannons at Magmatron's dragon body.

Halfshell and Scylla watched the battle, with Scylla's right manipulator arm scratching the area next to her scanner eye. "Didn't we get a withdraw order?"

"From the one paying our fee? No. From the one who was looking for information? Yes."

Scylla walked forward a little, then turned around, her tachikoma-styled body bobbing a little. "So what do we do?"

Halfshell thought for a moment. "Get back to the others, make sure they didn't wreck the ship. I'll go see what Maggie wants to do." With that, he dropped into gear, his tank treads grinding into the metal surface as he ground forward, pivoting his turret and elevating his twin PPCs to target Apelinq's flying form, the cannons roaring as they fired twin streams of destructive energy at the flying Maximal as he activated his commlink. "Magmatron, this is Halfshell. You ready to pull out of here?"

Orbital docks, Iacon, Maximal light crusier Tiger's Claw:

Umibozu burst onto the bridge, startling the skeleton crew(all two of them) and blasting them both with his guns. Picking his way past their charred bodies, he walked over to the ship's status terminal and typed in a few commands. "Whaddaya know.... we guessed right!"

Terrormander stalked onto the bridge. "What?"

Umibozu chuckled. "This thing's got teleporters!"
Brave Maximus

Crystal City

Post by Brave Maximus »

The Goat continued to run forward, strait underneath the dragon.

The Dragon, charging it's weapon such, could not avoid Lio Convoy's shots, both of them hitting both wing dead on. Strangly though, the Electro-magnetic charge that the Dragon was building in it's wings, provided a shield of sorts, preventing any real damage to it's frame. The shots knocked the dragon out of the sky, though and knocked out it's EM weapon.

The Goat caught the dragon, resting it on it's back, as the lion launched itself off of the crystal and within moments, the three forms were connecting. Not into a robot this time, but a gargantuan creature of legend:

Before Lio Convoy stood a Chimera, all fury and thunder.

"Acknowledged Killer Punch. Begin data transfer." Magmatron sent out over his comm.

Then the Chimera opened all it's comm systems, as well as bellowed with it's three heads:

"Predicons! There are to be no Maximal witnesses! Finish your targets, and converge on my location. We will scour them from the planet - and let their bodies tell the tale!"

Let the fools think of that, what they will

Comm Records

Killer Punch grumbled to herself, none audiably, she feared for her own spark too much.

Through the neuro-translink, she began to transmit the data to Magmatron. At the same time, she reloaded her skull launcher and prepaired to make good her escape.
tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

Deathsaurus shifted into robot mode and drew his swords, cutting down some of the straggling civilians as he opened up a comm-channel, "Killer Punch, did everything proceed according to plan?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Crystal City

Prowl followed Dead End as the Predacon continued to bombard the city from the air, but found himself utterly unable to do anything about it.

The Maximal, more than a little disturbed by his relative uselessness, found himself drawn toward a quieter section of the city. A few uninjured security troopers followed along behind him, too scared by the graveyard that Crystal City had become to complain that they were headed away from the fight.

As they passed the Comm Records building, Prowl held up his hand. The procession stopped. Prowl's sensitive audio sensors had picked up something out of place.

"Movement," he said. "Handcuff and Intercept, come with me. We're going in. The rest of you watch the exits. Shoot anything that looks suspicious."

"What if there are civilians in there?" Handcuff asked.

"Then it would be in their best interest not to look suspicious," Prowl said flatly. After making sure his fireball cannons were powered up, the strategist led the duo of security agents into the building.
tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

Deathsaurus saw Prowl and the other officers enter the building, Now, he thought spearing a cowering civilian, some real fun. The decachanger flew into a second story window, so not to alert the Maximals, unknowingly knocking a piece of rubble out the window.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Crystal City:

Halfshell stopped, looking at the chimeric form of Magmatron in the near distance, and wondered, yet again, if he shouldn't have doubled his fee when the wingnut contacted him. He continued tracking Apelinq through the sky, twin PPCs blazing streams of energy at the flying Maximal. "I'll take that as a yes, then, Magmatron. Hope you've got your money ready."

----------------

LioConvoy stared at the large, glowing thing. "Am I suposed to fear you? If I am, pick something more menacing." He opened fire at Magmatron, targeting the link point between the dragon and the goat.
Brave Maximus

Crystal City

Post by Brave Maximus »

With the power-cores combined again, and the spark's united, Magmatron just laughed at Lio Convoy. The wing of the Chimera flexed around, shielding the joint, batting the plasma bolts away (the impacted on a collection of the first crystals used to grown the garden, shattering them for ever).

"Fear? Maximal, you do not know the meaning of the word. Soon you will though. Do not fear me, fear the hopelessness that comes from knowing that you can't stop me. Every time you turn around, I will be taking another piece of Cybertron. I will wrest it's control from your hands until you are alone and helpless. Adrift in the dark - and there, I will leave you."

Magmatron's three heads spat these words in an unholy corus at Lio Convoy. But they were neither a boast nor a threat. They had the sting of the words that came from someone who knew them as utter truth.

The Behemoth of a Predicon snarled and fire lept from the lion's mouth, scortching a path of melted crystal, a path strait for Lio Convoy
Comm History

Killer Punch smiled as she saw Deathsaurus.

"Things have gone well."

On a seperate channel from the data package she was sending to Magmatron, she sent a pulse Comm packat to Deathsaurus.
tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

Deathsaurus smiled as he received the data from Killer Punch, Excellent. "There's a few Maximal officers down stairs, so get ready to fight."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Comm Records, Crystal City

Prowl and his two backup units moved slowly up a staircase to the second floor, carefully sweeping their weapons across every millimetre of building as they did so.

Outside the building, one of the security officers was crushed by a falling chunk of debris.

"What the-" Checkpoint happened to be looking in that direction as it happened, and almost jumped out of his exostructure. "What the Pit?"

Firing up his comlink, he put a signal through to Prowl. "Watch your back, chief. You've got trouble on the second floor."

"I read you," Prowl replied. "Take Blowback and Smartbomb with you and come up the back stairway. We'll keep going the way we came. With any luck, we'll catch them in a pincer."

As he spoke, Handcuff started to carefully make his way into the second-floor hallway, leading with his plasma rifle. "Come out, come out, wherever you are..."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Crystal City

Bazooka watched from his position of concealment in the building across the street.

He sent a com to Killer Punch

A'hve counted 3 Maximals going up the front entrance and now we've got another 3 moving towards the back of the building. A'hm ready to commence extraction protocols on your signal.

Maximal Council Representation Building: Crystal City, Floor 35, hexagon 3.4 - Office of Canard Deputy Assitant Sector Chief Department of Sanitation

A few Breems before the attack

CrazyBolt :" Thank You for making the Appointment with me Sector Chief names Rocksteady i'm the chief of an independent survey crew, and I need access to this piece of land only problem is the only access is through one of your pumping stations.

Crazybolt taps a spot on the map he has in one hand.

"why do i need access umm well we're surveying sites for some property development, don't tell anyone but there are plans afoot for a major new development in that area and that is the last parcel of land they need to obtain , its owned by this recluse Stratos. So.. can we have access.....

Currently

Crazybolt was alone in the office Canard having fled after the first explosions . he peered out of a window cautiously

"What in Primus is going in round here all that planning out the window. I had the mark in my grasp."

He spotted the security forces at the base of the building

"Slag, slag slag."

Running out of the room he started up the stairs towards the roof.
tahukanuva

Comm Records, Crystal City;

Post by tahukanuva »

Deathsaurus grimaced as Killer Punch received the comm, "Bazooka, this is Deathsaurus, that's a negative on extraction, we're more than capable of handling ourselves."

(OOC @ Optimusskids: sending you a pm about Killer Punch
edit: or not, your inbox is full.)
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

(ooc so is yours i've made some space )

Bazooka sent a reply

"Ah'll keep a watching brief let me know if ya need a distraction."
Brave Maximus

Comm Records

Post by Brave Maximus »

Killer Punch drew her massive blade from subspace, and checked her shield\rocket.

"Speak for yourself big guy." She said over her comm "I'd like to make it out of here in one piece, and if anyone wants to help me out, more the merrier."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Comm Records, Crystal City

Prowl walked slowly down the hall, his fireball cannons held at the ready. In front of him, Handcuff and Intercept moved through the corridor, kicking in doors and firing energy beams in to discourage any occupants from taking up arms against them.

At the other end of the hall, Checkpoint led his team out of the stairwell. Blowback and Smartbomb moved out in front of their chief and began to sweep the rooms on their end of the floor.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Crystal City

Bazooka commed Killer Punch

"A'hm initialising extraction protocols now ."

Bazooka transformed and tracks crunching over what used to be office furniture charged the wall nearest his target.

His bow mounted ram sent chunks of debris everywhere as he plowed through the wall. Hi turret tracked round and he opened fire on the cluster of Maximals at the base of the Maximal Council Representation Building.

~*~

Stairwell

Crazybolt ran past floor 36 and as he reached floor 37 saw that his progress further upwards was stopped by a locked door. He swerved changing direction and ran out into a corrridor on floor 37.
tahukanuva

Comm Records;

Post by tahukanuva »

Deathsaurus counted silently to himself, Three, two, one., "Time to go, Killer Punch," Deathsaurus said, bursting through the door and into the hallway, "Hey, Prowl, if only you had caught me all those years ago, after I killed your friend, none of this would be happening now." He then sent a silent message to Halfshell counting on the Maximals to be somewhat off-balance;

Halfshell, this is Deathsaurus, is that over-blown psuedo-gestalt about ready to pull back?