[Original RPG] End of the Line: Breakout (Autobase) Cont'd

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Scout

Post by Scout »

Fort Max , Medbay
Ratchet stopped in his tracks.

"Afraid of medbay?"
He looked at Roadbuster with a puzzled expression then frowned. Sighing audibly, Ratchet motioned to the door as he turned to it.

"All right, let's do this outside in the hall. Can you walk Aero Blade?"

Having his changes completed, Spike hopped back up on a hand that Swoop offered.

"Spike look different.
Not headmaster anymore?"

"Ah, I don't know Swoop. For right now, Fortress doesn't need me as much as I'm needed for an accessory piece to Hound's hologun."

The dinobot studied the human and shook his head.
"Spike is not an accessory. You friend."

"Haha! I hope so Swoop. I feel the same way about you guys."

The dinobot started heading out of medbay while still talking. "You not mind leaving Earth Spike?"

"Eh, I'd rather not Swoop. After the last time the Autobots left, a lot of really bad things happened. But we gotta get Cybertron back so you guys have a home to go back to."
----------

Fort Max: Halls
Mirage walked out of the rec room and picked up his pace to a jog, heading for the security briefing room.

----------
Security Briefing Room, Fort Max:
Prowl nodded to Optimus.
"I'll be there shortly Sir."

It took him an extra few seconds to figure out what squid Blaster was referring to. Then Prowl tested the encryption tags, and once satisfied, he replied to Blaster and Skyfire.

"Blaster, when we reach the Moon, remain in the Crow's Nest. You will be assisting in taking out something far more destructive and dangerous than Quintessons, should you and your team accept. The Decepticons have created a smaller tool that functions similarly to Unicron. It is called a War World. It is the intention of command to utilize an opening, in which to sneak an infiltration unit within. The unit must pentrate to the control core of the war world, nullify its internal defenses and set explosives. Then they must withdraw within a very small time window. It is my expectation that Mirage will be able to carry yourself and the cassettes aboard. Your jamming techniques would serve to kill the defenses while he sets the explosives. The cassettes will provide an extra measure of guard. As you withdraw, Skyfire, if you accept, you will be lingering behind the other forces going for ground assault. With your speed, you're the one most capable of retrieving the penetration unit and distancing the team from the explosion that will occur afterward.
There will be no other opportunity that we can foresee to destroy this mechanization, and it will be needed to open the defenses of Cybertron. Therefore, our timing must be exact. It is extremely dangerous. The detonation and escape time window is very limited. The chance of running into a Decepticon guard could swing that balance against escape, and the creation must be destroyed. Additionally, the size and velocity of the explosion when it does result gives way to a lot of destruction power from the debris. These are factors which may result in termination of the individuals involved. If you do not wish to take part, it is understandable and will not be held against you. The ground forces will also need as many individuals as possible, and air support is invaluable."
Aero Blade

Medbay, Fort Max

Post by Aero Blade »

Ratchet wouldn't recieve a response from Aero, he was too busy keeping a fearful watch on where the medic was, and slowly inching away hopefully to escape...

So far, no-one had tried to stop him yet, and though Aero found it a tad strange, it was an apportunity he was taking none the less. He just had to get himself to a good enough possition before he'd be able to bolt...
verytired

fort max rec area

Post by verytired »

Sizzle grinned wolfishly at Lightspeeds comments.
"Race huh? This just between you two Lightspeeders, or can anyone join in?"

Fort max practice area
Guzzle smiled and passed Dogfight the lethal weapon, practically hoping from one foot to the other with glee.
"Go on, try it!"
DBF
Protoform

fort max rec area

Post by DBF »

Lightspeed answered Sizzle very curtly.
"As long as you don't mind losing, then yeah, you can join!"

Gripper stood up fast enough to jostle the drinks on the corner table he and Flame were sharing, and stomped over to his scout.
"Excuse me," he started whilst tapping Lighspeed on the shoulder, "but could you play nice with at least some people? We're new here, and if you get in a fight, you're on your own!"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort max , Med Bay

Landfill raised a hand in Daniel's direction

"coming right up good buddy ."

He limped into the office
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Fort Max, Practice area

Dogfight smiled excitedly and grabbed the flamethrower. He grinned at Guzzle like a human child with a new toy and headed towards the line of fire.

In front of him, a pair of scorched decepti-dummies where standing. Despite all the damage inflicted by Guzzle's last try, the decepti-dummies faces were still clearly recognizables.

" Ha. Wildrider and Dragstrip. Nice touch. "

Chuckling, he aimed the flammer and pressed the trigger. A yellow-orange tongue of fire engulfed the practice dummies, melting them and causing a thick cloud of black smoke.

" Hahahaha!!! " laughed Dogfight frantic, passing the flammer again to Guzzle. " Incredible! What do you think we could scorch now? " asked the triggerbot eagerly.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Fort max , Med Bay
Ratchet stopped halfway to the door and looked back at Roadbuster and Aero Blade. He was aware of nervous patients, but those that had volunteered for the Autobot special detail had been carefully screened and selected to be cooperative and accept standard upkeep. The unexpected and reluctant behavior frustrated him.

With one hand curled in a backwards fist on his waist, he pushed open the door.

"Well, either come or not. I have other patients that need to be attended to."

Finally repaired, Trailbreaker regained consciousness again in the CR chamber. The big black autobot frowned slightly as he recalled what had happened, and then folded his arms.

I ought to just stay in here. Causes a lot less work for everybody and a lot less damage for them too.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Laboratories

Skyfire paused a long time before answering. The thought was daunting - he had had a hard enough time adapting to the life of a warrior, but an infiltrator? His big awkward self? There were so many ways it could go wrong, and he dreaded the thought of the impending failure being all his fault. Nevertheless, he was never one to turn down a mission; the thought of failure was much less daunting than that of disappointing a senior officer.

"Count me in, Prowl. We'll take that thing down."

Rec Area

Jazz grinned at Gripper and made a note to have a chat with this one (he liked helping newcomers get oriented) before turning to Tracer at hearing his name.

"White Russian, eh? Good call. That's one a' my favorite Earthen drinks."

Jazz leaned in at the bardroid and instructed it slowly on how to mix the drink.

"Shot a' vodka, shot a' Kahlua, dash a' milk on top. Ah - make it soy. Reg'lar gonna be spoiled by now."

The bardroid buzzed a moment and began assembling the cocktail in an Autobot-sized tumbler, but it stopped in a recursive loop trying to discern how to dash milk. Jazz waved a hand at the droid disapprovingly.

"Nah nah nah. Gimme those and a Micromaster shooter."

The droid did as told, and with the expertise of a seasoned bartender, Jazz had the drink mixed in a flash. He slid the canister down to Tracer and returned the bottles to the bardroid.

"Hope ya like. It's been a while since I played barmaid."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Fort Max, Crosscut quarters

Crosscut finished his fuel recharge and, slowly, stepped towards his room viewpoint. Watching the clouds and the aproaching stars, Crosscut's mind expanded and started to meditate about possibilites.

" Truce ", he thought. " A truce between the Decepticons and ourselves. Temporary, of course, but a truce anyway. "

Truce, the diplomat's dream. With a sigh, Crosscut waved at Clench - his bike drone stationed in a room's corner- and stepped off the room. He walked the corridor towards the bridge, with hope to find a commander. Growing impatient, he raised his comlink.

" Prowl, here Crosscut. As the Autobot oficial Ambassador, if I can help in any way in the truce affair, count on me. I'm going to the bridge for if I am needed. "

---

Fort Max, Rec Area

The Aerialbots where seated in a separate table, but the global good mood filling the room cheered up the flyers to interactuate with his fellow Autobots comrades.

Fireflight, fascinated by Lightspeed's possible race, aproached the Motorvator's table. The Aerialbot leader followed Fireflight, but aproached to Jazz instead of Lightspeed.

" Good to see you online, Jazz. Any trouble with your last mission? " Silverbolt asked politely when Jazz finished his coktail.

For his part, Skydive stayed on his chair reading a book about human WWII plane schematics.

" Hawker Hurricane... cool! " was thinking the strategist.

Air Raid, after getting tired of listening Slingosht's boasts, left his chair and headed towards the rec area exit with a pensive look on his optics.

" Dirge, do you copy? " asked Air Raid through his commlink.

And finally, poor Slingshot, hated by all of his comrades, remained in the table trying to torturate an absent Skydive.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fort Max:

Roadbuster: -takes Aero Blade by the arm, starts leading him towards Ratchet- "C'mon, you need to get checked out. He's not going to hurt you."

Rec Room, Fort Max:

Siren and Hosehead: -walk in, talking-

Hosehead: "I just can't believe it. They were willing to just hand Sunstreaker over."

Siren: "And his rescue team went nuts!" -sits at the bar- "Sunstreaker and Sideswipe are down in the hangar bay now, beating the slag outta each other. "Just can't figure 'em out......"
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Medbay, Fort Max

The door to the CR Chamber buzzed and slid open, steam pouring from the entrance. Punch's optics blink as he comes back online , he stumbles from the chamber and walks through the medbay and out in to the halls. He walks bewildered through the innards of Fortress Maximus, Autobots he had never seen before walking part him. He made up his mind, the first 'Bot he found that he recognised he would approach, alot had changed, he felt.

Rec Room, Fort Max

He entered the Rec Room, there he saw half a dozen 'Bots he recognised and thought 'Time for some answers'

"Music Pause, Autobot Approval Punch designation 3321"

With that the music playing in the main room paused, he knew only a small number of those present would care the music had stopped, but most would notice it.

A number of those present turned and looked.

"I feel like I've been out so long my servos are rusting, the identity of half of my fellow Autobots are a mystery to me, I have never encountered them, and I am adament I saw a Decepticon, what... Is going on here?"

(ooc - this is a general call out for anyone present in the rec room to give my character a hand in getting in to the game, edited this when Aero Blade informed me my original post conflicted with that of other peoples)
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

((OOC: Counterpunch, Ratchet isn't sorting through equipment, he's about to exit the medbay with a couple of other bots, which is already causing an incident))

Medbay, Fort Max

Aero Blade was focused mostly on Ratchet's movements, so he had little spared towards Roadbuster's activities, and was consequently siezed before he could do anything to prevent it.

"No! Let go!" Aero protested. He planted his feet on the ground, which just skidded uselessly against the force of the larger bot, but it did create quite a bit of noise as he did his best to anchor himself. The closer he got to Ratchet, though, the more frightened he became.

Dirge's Quarters, Fort Max

The seeker had just been content for now to mill about his room, finding ways to pass time while pondering when it would be safe for him to go out again. He didn't want another run-in with the crazed technobot, but since the city bot had taken off, he knew it wouldn't be forever before there was another battle, and he needed to get prepared...

Dirge had been lying on his back on the rest platform in is quarters, staring up at the ceiling when the transmittion came through. He sat up, turning on his com to reply to Air Raid. "Dirge here, I copy."
Elcor
Protoform

Fort Max Medbay:

Post by Elcor »

The doors to med bay opened, and a group of heavy-loaded Technobots entered. Afterburner and Strafe, in robot form, their hands full of small parts and details, led the advance; Lightspeed and Nosecone were beside them in vehicle forms, carrying the larger and heavier parts. Those were the details for the reformat of Jetwave, of course, which were brought here from Engineering section.

"Ah, here we are with the parts, Wheeljack", - Scattershot commented to Autobot chief engineer.

Afterburner was making his way to the Stasis Bay where Wheeljack and Scattershot waited, other Technobots on the follow. Unfortunately, he stepped too close to struggling Aero Blade on his way. Frightened Autobot's hand pushed him rather hard, and several items of Technobot's cargo fell to the floor.

Afterburner exploded... literally.

"Look what you've done, you rustbucket fool! Can't you see where you're..."

"Enough, Afterburner!" - Scattershot snapped.

"But captain, look..."

"That's not the time nor the matter! Here, let me gather these", - Scattershot approached and scooped up the fallen items. "Wheeljack is waiting for us, and Jetwave's reformat awaits; we must hurry."

Afterburner followed, but his facial expression was far from friendly.

"I'll get you later, you restless punk", - he whispered to Aero Blade, passing by.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Brave Maximus

Fortress Maximus - Just off Medbay

Post by Brave Maximus »

Daniel activated the scanning equipment, first running a full body scan, and a second intensive scan on the wounded leg of Landfill. At the same time, the four City Drones began getting materials ready.

"Well, we can start by you telling me what happened....?" Daniel said with a comforting smile.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Max Medbay side office

Landfill nodded

"well shucks it weren't nothing special good buddy , there i was hauling some minerals back when i got a blow out on the in ramp, scraped me underside lost a tyre."
verytired

Fort Max, Practice area

Post by verytired »

Guzzle smiled, and keyed in some buttons back at the control panel for the target range. 6 dummies slowly raised from the ground, that of the Decepticon Sparklers and the Decepticon Triggercons: Cindersaur, Crankcase, Flamefeather, Ruckus, Sparkstalker, and Windsweeper.
"I like the Irony." He said to Dogfight, trying to come across as intelligent but really still practically vibrating with the pleasure of his new weapon.
"Go on, scorch 'em!"

Fort Max Rec Area
Sizzle smiled wryly at Lightspeeds comments.
"I'll take that challenge bub; What do get if i win though? I'm happy with my name."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Rec Area

Tracer caught the cannister as it slid down the bar

He sipped it

"good stuff Jazz thanks."
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Rec Area

Jazz' visor glinted in a wink at Tracer before he turned to Silverbolt with an enthusiastic grin.

"'Ey, there he is! Good ta see ya, buddy! Man, the last mission was awesome. You shoulda seen Metrotitan kaboom! Too bad I didn't get it on tape..."

Jazz trailed off when he noticed someone had abruptly cut off Seal's Kiss from a Rose, and he turned to see Punch standing not far from the bar. He knew he'd need to handle this before one of the more rowdy locals did - Punch was one of Jazz' men, and he had a tendency to be... unstable.

"Woah man, slow down. Whatchou talkin' 'bout? Ain't no Decepticons here."
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Rec Area

Punch looked at Jazz, one of the most earthen loving and trustworthy Autobots around, he knew if anyone could help him it would be this one. One of Jazz' own mottos was 'Live by the 'Bot, Die by the 'Bot'

Punch walked up to Jazz, perching himself again.

"Jazz, It is good to see you old friend, I was in that CR Chamber for what seemed like eons. My memory circuits are fried to the point where I have no recollection of how I got there. Everything just seems different at the moment, a change in atmosphere, not as much urgency or intensity to people. Have we won the war?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fort Max:

Roadbuster: -still guiding the struggling Aero Blade towards Ratchet, growls in a low voice at the passing Afterburner- "Mess with him, twip, you mess with Me."

Rec Room, Fort Max:

Siren: -looks over at Punch, tone sour with bitterness- "No. I've got a feeling that this war'll never end."

Hosehead: -orders another drink- "Siren, don't be like that. What are the odds that you'll wind up on a mission with a bunch of combat happy minibots again?"

Siren: "With our luck? Pretty high."

Bridge, Fort Max:

Prime: -strides onto bridge- "Status report."

Fortress: "Currently at 32,000 feet and climbing, all systems operational. Brainstorm's mother-henning the reactor, and we've currently got 125% of our mains energy capability."

Hot Rod: -monitoring the sensors- "Nothing so far. Looks like the 'Cons are sticking to their end of the deal."

Grimlock: -sitting in command chair, fingers steepled as he looks out the main viewport- "Still not trust them."

Ironhide: -leaning against the sensor station, watching Hot Rod work the controls- "Ah got a feelin' we can, fer this at least."

Hot Rod: -keeping an eye on the displays- "Are you insane? We can't trust them any farther than Bumblebee could place kick Iacon."

Prime: "He's got a point, Hot Rod. The Decepticons want to retake Cybertron as much as we do, and for that, it will take the full strength of both groups. Gigatron won't leave anybody behind."

Ironhide: "An' if we're wrong?"

Prime: -shrugs philosophically- "We burn that bridge when we come to it." -looks over at Quickmix- "Quickmix, take over on sensors. If the Decepticons are hiding something, you might be able to spot it before the rest of us."

Hot Rod: -stands- "Then where do you want me?"

Fortress: "Helm. You're a pretty good pilot."

Hot Rod: -moves over to the helm station-