Video and get-to-know-you questionnaire for new members

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

is that thing actually still working ?
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Damn baby, looks like you need to take your own advice. [/best pimp voice]

I'll be merging this after we all point at Arcee and laugh.

I'm joking, please don't kill me. Gotta get ready for work, will merge in a half hour or so.
:o ... *puts brown paper bag over her head*
Scarrita
Protoform

Post by Scarrita »

I say that there should have been a little segment on the proprer (or at least as close to as possible) use of grammar, maybe around the time they make fun of 1337 speak... I know it would save me alot of headaches.

It's easier to understand a post when it is readable.
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe
something your intellect would otherwise cause
you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

Originally posted by Scarrita
I say that there should have been a little segment on the proprer (or at least as close to as possible) use of grammar, maybe around the time they make fun of 1337 speak... I know it would save me alot of headaches.

It's easier to understand a post when it is readable.
amen!!!!!

i can't believe i just watched the thing AGAIN
has to be something like 15+ times now...
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Wow, that was brilliant.
Wolfkin
Protoform

Post by Wolfkin »

Hello!

"Color" is in fact spelled "Colour" in Canada and Great Britain. So perhaps people spell it the way they are used to spelling it, that is, from their home countries. I spell it "colour" and find spelling it "color" to be very strange.

Cheers,

Wolfkin
Wolfkin
Protoform

All About Wolfkin

Post by Wolfkin »

Hello!

Here are my answers to the questionnaire:

General nosey intrusive stuff...

What's your handle, stranger?

Wolfkin and I prefer to call it a nickname as I am not into all of that silly Cyber-Lingo crap. Nor do I like to replace words with letters because I think that this just demonstrates the lack of literacy of the author of such illiterate, childish and nonsensical drivel.

Come here often?

Yes, since I joined two days ago. I do have a Full-Time job that takes up a lot of my time, so I will not be able to be here all the time.

Where have you been all my life?

Would it not be more correct to ask where have I been all of MY life? Anyways, I have lived in various places in both British Columbia and Alberta. These are provinces in Canada for all of you geographical-lacking imbeciles. :)

What brings you here?

More than likely an interest in Transformers. What do you think? No, I just enjoy joining every bloody Forum on the Internet because I have nothing better to do. ;)

How you doin' [/joey]?

No, no, no…How YOU Doin’…wink, wink…. ;)

Date o' birth?

Old enough to know better, young enough to do it again.

How tall are ya?

Too tall for some things and too short for other things.

Hair colour?

Dark Blonde in the Winter and Light Blonde in the Summer. This is natural, it just does that. I guess I am part wolf or something.

Eye colour?

Kind of brown and kind of silver, what is that hazel?

You on a PC or a Mac?

PC

Elvis or the Beatles?

Oh, please! Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd are so much better!

Last album you bought?

Pink Floyd Echoes.

Was it any good?

Of course it was! That should go without saying!

All time fave album?

This would have to be a tie between Guns n’ Roses’ Appetite For Destruction, Pink Floyd’s Dark Side Of The Moon, Pink Floyd’s Momentary Lapse Of Reason, Led Zeppellin’s I,II,III,IV, Led Zeppelin’s Houses Of The Holy and Metallica’s And Justice For All.

Pets?

I used to have two dogs. May they rest in peace in their new place.

Fave colour?

Silver, the colour of my car. My does it look nice!

Fave food?

Pizza, Pasta, Hamburgers and Hot Dogs! I may not eat very healthy according to some but I am very healthy and in very good shape. I think all those special diets and such are all bull****. It is very simple. Just burn off the calories that you consume.

Favourite drink?

Crown Royal Whiskey and Coca-Cola Classic.

What song are you listening to right now? (or failing that, what's the tune buzzing round yer head?)

The tune buzzing in my head right at this moment is Back When by Tim McGraw. “I Miss Back When…”

Fave sport/hobby?

Hockey and Military History Research.

Read any good books lately?

Yes, Steel Inferno by Michael Reynolds. It is about the Battle Of Normandy.

All time fave book?

Panzertruppen by Thomas Jentz. It is about the German Armoured Forces Of WWII.

Favourite film?

Transformers the Movie, of course. I am sick and tired of hearing people say that it is a rip-off of Star Wars. Why is this? Just because Star Wars has the Death Star and Transformers has Unicron? They are not the same. The Death Star is a battle station and Unicron is a planet. This is about the only thing that I can think of that makes people think that there are similarities. I guess they lack any sort of analytical ability whatsoever. For one thing the Death Star and Unicron is where the similarity ends. Megatron/Galvatron, the main bad guy, is not Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime’s, the main good guy, father. There is no Millennium Falcon, Tie Fighter, X-Wing Fighter or anything like that. Then again, I guess the Junkions could be the Ewoks, the Quintessons could be like Jabba’s people, Yoda would be the Matrix, Arcee is Princess Leia, Hot Rod is Luke Skywalker…. :)

Favourite TV show?

Band Of Brothers. It is about the 101st Airborne Division in WWII. I guess it was actually a TV series and not a TV show, per se. I have the whole series on DVD. Excellent series!

VHS or DVD?

Are you asking which one I prefer? I guess DVD’s seem to be better as long as you have a good DVD player that doesn’t skip.

Cassette or CD?

Are you asking which one I prefer? I guess CD’s seem to be better as long as you have a good CD player that doesn’t skip.

Smoke?

I used to smoke but I have since quit smoking. It is a waste of money.

Bite your nails?

No, that is what nail clippers are for. Sheesh!

Am I boring you?

You will be if you don’t stop asking some of these stupid Goddam questions! ;)

It's TFA's round. What are you having?

Crown Royal Whiskey and Coca-Cola Classic.

Fountain pen or ballpoint?

Ballpoint, I do not think they make fountain pens anymore, at least I haven’t seen any in a long time. If there are any they are more than likely not like the originals and only cheap imitations.

Been to many foreign countries?

Not too many but I plan too.

Want to go to any?

I just answered this in the above question. Yes, I plan too.

Breakfast television or early morning radio?

What does one consider early morning? The Morning Shift where I work STARTS at 6 in the morning, most lazy ****s are still lolling around in bed at that time!

Multilingual?

Oui et non! Ja und nein! I guess, yes and no, English with bits of French and German.

"Pink, I need you to be cool. Are you cool?"

What in the Hell are you talking about now? Is this a reference to Pulp Fiction or that cartoon, Pinky And The Brain? In any way I am unsure of what you are asking.

Touch-type or hit-and-hope?

Now, what in the Hell are you talking about? Is this a reference to a new kind of software or some video game? In any way I am unsure of what you are asking.

What's on your computer desk?

A Computer, Speakers, some Discs and some paper. What else would be on my computer desk? Is there a lot of slobs out there that leave all kinds of garbage and other **** all over the place? Do these fools need their Moms to clean up after them or something? :)

McDonalds or Burger King?

Actually I prefer Arby’s but if I had to choose between the above two I would pick McDonalds, nothing beats a Big Mac and a Double Quarter Pounder With Cheese!

Got your own webspace?

What do you mean, webspace or website?

Creation or evolution?

More than likely some sort of Evolution. Religion, which pushes the Creation aspect, was an idea created by man. This idea has been used as a form of manipulation throughout history. It is also the cause of many wars. Unimaginative and narrow-minded people believe Creation over some form of Evolution. ;)

What are you doing tonight, wanna go catch a movie?

I really hope you are Female if you are asking a question like that!

Do you smell what The Rock is cooking?

I think only the Rock himself smells what he is cooking.

Do you feel in anyway violated by the questions asked?

Why? Should I? Oh, by the way, used in this context any way should be two words. ;)

Transformers Stuff...

Fave Characters?

I do not have just one favorite, I have quite a few. The Dinobots: Grimlock, Slag, Sludge, Snarl and Swoop. The Constructicons: Scrapper, Scavenger, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher and Mixmaster. Also, Soundwave, Blitzwing, Megatron, Galvatron, Hound, Mirage and of course, Optimus Prime. These are all originals from Generation One, of course! Not the cheap imitated manifestations in the later toy, comic, cartoon lines.

Fave continuity/canonical arc (cartoon, comic, G2, BW, BM, RiD, etc)?

Toys, Comic and Cartoon of Generation One, of course. I thought that I had made that clear by now. You see, when I was into the Transformers there was only one generation.

Fave Gen 1 episode?

I found Grimlock’s New Brain to be very amusing!

Least fave Gen 1 episode?

Well, there a few silly ones, I can’t think of any right now.

Fave BW episode?

I have not yet looked into the series of cheap, imitated manifestations in the later toy, comic, cartoon lines.

Least fave BW episode?

I have not yet looked into the series of cheap, imitated manifestations in the later toy, comic, cartoon lines.

Fave BM episode?

Least fave BM episode?

Fave RiD episode?

Least fave RiD episode?

Like the Movie?

Yes, of course, it was good. I thought I said that already. See above.

Favourite comic arc?

I have no idea what you are talking about but something tells me that you mean art. In that case I believe that Andy Wildman was one of the better artists for the Marvel Series, which is what existed at the time when I was really into the Transformers.

FIRRIB or RIRFIB?

Rumble is Red and Black, Frenzy is Blue. This is the way it is supposed to be.

Brawn - he's dead, right?

It sure as hell looked that way, don’t you think? :)

Optimus or Rodimus?

They both did their best. Optimus was the best but imagine trying to fill his shoes, eh? I think Rodimus gave it a good shot.

Prime or Primal?

What?! Seriously, you must be joking! Optimus Prime, of course! How dare you even attempt to compare that which is incomparable! Slap yourself, young man!

Which cartoon origin of the Constructicons do you buy?

None! I come up with my own. It seems that Megatron created them on Earth but then how could Omega Supreme have known them on Cybertron? Easy! Megatron created their bodies on earth and used personality chips like Starscream did with the Combaticons.

Can the Autobots fly?

The Dinobots seem to have no problem with this, they are Autobots.

Last toy you bought?

Was well over 12 years ago!

Most wanted toy?

I wanted all the Dinobots!

Most favoured faction?

Well, both. The Autobots appealed to my good side and the Decepticons appealed to my bad side.

Cel animation or CGI?

If CGI is the crap that they use in the Beast Wars crap then I say Cel Animation.

Seen any Japanese shows? Like 'em?

I have not seen any.

Bought any of the DW comics? What d'ya think of them?

I have not bought any. They do look kind of good though.

Looking forward to Armada?

No.

And our tie-breaker...

In five hundred lines or less, tell us anything else you'd like to add about yourself...

I was really into the Transformers as a kid, the toys, the comic and the cartoon, and now as an adult I am surprised that they are still around, albeit they have changed quite a bit. I will admit that I know very little about the New Generations, like Beast Wars, Energon, Armada and so on. Nor do I see any real interest as they seem to have changed the characters a little too much for my taste. I will remain solely a Generation One fan. All of Generation One except for when they started to bring in The Pretenders, Headmasters, Targetmasters, Powermasters and such. All of this trash really killed it all, in my opinion. I guess they could not be content with just simple, normal robots. My interest in the Transformers was renewed when I spotted the DVD’s recently. I bought them all, as well as the movie.

I am willing to give some of the New Generation crap a bit of a chance, I know I do seem harsh in my opinions. The new Dreamwave comic looks promising, as long as it is with Generation One characters, but I just can not get into any of that Beast Wars/Beast Machines stuff, all that is pretty lame in my opinion. Same goes for Armada and Energon, pretty lame stuff.

Cheers,

Wolfkin
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Welcome. You're missing out on Beast Wars, by the way. ;) Plenty of G1 references in it, and it even contains some G1 characters that make appearances. Just because some characters have named themselves after the G1 legends doesn't make them crap. :)
Wolfkin
Protoform

Post by Wolfkin »

Hello BigMaki!

Thank you for your response. Well, I will have to take your word for it and check some of them out. It is just hard for one to see something that they really liked all disfigured, distorted, deformed and discombobulated. I mean Optimus Primal is an obvious reference to Optimus Prime, but a Gorilla? Megatron has become a T-Rex Dinosaur? Grimlock is the only T-Rex around! ;)

Very different but what the hell, I'll give it all another look. I can't help but think of it all as a series of cheap, imitated manifestations though. I will give it a try but I don't know though, it hurts to see some of my favorite characters all disfigured, distorted, deformed and discombobulated like that. Whew, say that really fast three times! I had to type it again just to see if I could! :)

Cheers,

Wolfkin
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Wolfkin
it hurts to see some of my favorite characters all disfigured, distorted, deformed and discombobulated like that.

They're not the same characters. Optimus Primal is not Optimus Prime. Megatron is not Gen 1 Megatron. Silverbolt isn't the same bot that led the Aerialbots.

Wrap your mind around that, and you'll enjoy Beast Wars for what it is: A well written show full of characters you'll come to love just as much. Just ask anyone who's seen the show how they feel about Dinobot.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Grimlock is the only T-Rex around! ;)

With the exception of Trypticon. And that fellow from Dinoforce. I can't remember which one. Well, the T-Rex one blatantly, but I can't recall his name...

Oh, and Springer is Han whilst Grimlock is Chewie. Or somesuch. That's how people usually carry on with the analogy. I don't really care seeing as I hate TF:TM and don't really give a toss about Star Wars.

Ahem.

Hi. :) Welcome to the board.

Any ambiguity in my questionnaire is entirely the responsibility of the reader. That's fact - I've had that clause sewn into the fabric of reality itself. I have contacts, y'see... ;)
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I shared pretty much the same opinions as you when I joined this place Wolfkin, but soon came to love Beast Wars (and Beast Machines) for the brilliant shows that they are. I think the whole point about this place is that it opens you up to all the other avenues of Transformers that you wouldn't otherwise take, partly because its such a nice environment here, and that breaks down a lot of barriers and ill-held beliefs of Prime suddenly being a monkey and so on.

Give everything its fair chance and you might find some truly excellent things that shoot far and away even your fond childhood memories. And if the TF universe still has the power to do that, it might be doing something right. For my money I still love G1, now G2, Beast Wars and particularly fan fiction, which I never thought I would get into, but its amazing. So many talented people out there without restrictions of deadlines and number of pages to fill an issue. Such fics often surpass anything that's been officially produced, but i'll stop here and just say that damn TF's are still fun.:smokin:

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Wolfkin
Protoform

Post by Wolfkin »

Hello HeartBrend Kid!

So, you did the bloody questionnaire!? Actually I found it to be quite fun! I was having a good time answering the questions! :)

Trypticon is more like a Flinstones Dino Dinosaur than a real one. Tail is too short, head shaped wrong, torso to wide and legs too short to name a few. I do not count it. ;) :)

Cheers,

Wolfkin
Wolfkin
Protoform

Post by Wolfkin »

Hello Auntie Slag!

Thank you for the response! Yes, I will have to check some other things out after all. That Fan Fiction that you mention sounds interesting!

Cheers,

Wolfkin
Wolfkin
Protoform

Post by Wolfkin »

Hello Fort Max!

I understand that they are not the same characters but that really makes me wonder. Why the same name? Could they not come up with other names or something? It just looks like a cheap, imitated manifestation of several disfigured, distorted, deformed and discombobulated characters. ;):)

Cheers,

Wolfkin
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

I understand that they are not the same characters but that really makes me wonder. Why the same name? Could they not come up with other names or something?

1. Hasbro has to use names every so often in order to keep them.

2. Name recognition. Fans tend to react better if there's at least something they remember from the original series.

3. Optimus Primal named himself as such in honor of Prime. Megatron named himself after a figure in the Covenant of Primus.

The fact is, you may not like Beast Wars. But as long as you think of it as...
a cheap, imitated manifestation of several disfigured, distorted, deformed and discombobulated characters
...then I can pretty much guarantee you won't. If you go in with the knowledge that this is a different series that just happens to touch on the original, then you may actually find yourself liking it.

BTW, I'm not Fort Max. He hasn't ever posted, that I'm aware of.
Wolfkin
Protoform

Post by Wolfkin »

Hello fort_max!

Thank you for the explanation. I see, so they have to use a few things from the original series to reel in the same fans. A clever marketing ploy! Then they weave in a few things in the plot to explain why! Hmmm... one has to admit that it does indeed sound like a cheap, imitated manifestation of several disfigured, distorted, deformed and discombobulated characters. ;) :)

I am kidding! Y'all have convinced me to have a peek at BW, BM and the rest. Perhaps Ah will like them after all and will quit calling them cheap, imitated manifestations of several disfigured, distorted, deformed and discombobulated characters. How I do like that line though! ;):)

Cheers,

Wolfkin

P.S. I thought that fort_max meant Fort Max, pardon me!
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Thank you for the explanation. I see, so they have to use a few things from the original series to reel in the same fans.
Well, it was marketed to the people who watched the original cartoon as kids.
P.S. I thought that fort_max meant Fort Max, pardon me!

It does. And I wouldn't necessarily mind if not for the fact that there is already another member with that name.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

I am sick and tired of hearing people say that it is a rip-off of Star Wars. Why is this?

Maybe because the creators themselves admitted that it is ripped off Star Wars.

As for similarities between the two flicks:

http://zobovor.tripod.com/transformers_ ... html#notes
Wolfkin
Protoform

Post by Wolfkin »

Hello Ozz!

I did not know that. Thanks for the excellent link!

Cheers,

Wolfkin