[Original RPG] End of the Line: Battlefronts (Other)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
verytired

Cuba

Post by verytired »

Cosmos continued to float with the overlarge Energon cannisters suspended beneath him. The ocean was not far now, the burning landscape almost behind him...
Almost there...
Scout

Post by Scout »

Metroplex
"Yes Sir." Hot Spot called back to Ultra Magnus.

"Okay everyone. We're in landing mode. Strretwise- how're you doing?"

"Good."

"Blades?"

"Yeah, we're okay over here."

"Groove?"

"Not good Hot Spot. These kids don't know where their guardians are. Some are too young to be on their own. There are some here who don't have mobility functions- or self-cleaning and monitoring abilities yet."

"I'll help him Hot Spot." Inferno radioed over. "We'll find a place where the kids'll be safe and looked after as soon as we land."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Metroplex

Metroplex opened his main doors and lowered his ramp. Some of the emergency teams dispatched by the Spanish government to deal with the crisis, aproached the citybot entry timidly.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Much to the pleasant surprise of the Protectobots and Inferno in the holding bay, the humans moved out rather orderly. Some toted small possessions or had a favorite pet in tow.

Inferno leaned over carefully to talk with humans on the outside, explaining the situation with the separated and orphaned group while the rest of the bays were clearing out. Eventually, the group was directed outside to where more aid was waiting for them. News media and reporters swarmed around behind segmenting lines to separate the flow of refugees.

When the bay was over half-empty, Hot Spot called Ultra Magnus.

"Magnus, things are proceeding well down here. It'll take more time than anticipated though. We need roughly three hours to let the humans evacuate and then wash and sterilize Metroplex's bays."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Metroplex, bridge

" Understood, good work Hot Spot " replied Ultra Magnus to the Protectobot leader. " We'll depart in three hours, then. Magnus out. "
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Meeting Room, Metroplex

Hubcap sat back in his chair, his fingers steepled, not showing the slightest sign that he'd heard anything the Insecticon had said.

Oh, well played, he thought to himself. He's trying to use the uncertainly of the situation to his advantage. If we lump him in with Gigs, we have to treat him as an ally, and if we don't, we'll have to treat him as a 'Con desterter and a potential ally.

Not that the Minibot believed either of the potential stories Kickback was floating, of course.

Thankfully, I have a few cards of my own to play.

After several seconds of complete stillness, Hubcap let a small smile spread across his face. "Of course," he said. "But even putting aside today's...unpleasantness, you've been a long-standing enemy of ours for a long time. We're willing to negotiate with you, but you've got to prove your good faith before we can give you anything. If you don't, we'll have to treat you as just another one of Gigatron's men. When we get to the rendezvous, you'll be handed over to him...along with a complete incident report on your time here, of course."

The Minibot let the idle threat hang in the air for a moment.

"So...you say you want to live in peace with us. What can you offer us in return for our hospitality?"
Scout

Post by Scout »

The Protectobots and Inferno continued to assist the humans in unloading. As the smaller side rooms that also held refugees emptied, Hot Spot moved through and started the process of cleaning up.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Metroplex Bridge

Ultra Magnus watched patiently as the Protectobots finished with the refugees evacuation. When they started to clean the bays, Magnus ordered Scamper to hail the Spanish government.

" Tell them we're grateful for they support, but we're gonna leave now. "

With that, Magnus seated himself in the command chair and started the take off sequence, while opening a general comm channel.

" Attention to all Metroplex Autobots, return to base. Metroplex is going to take off, I repeat, Metroplex is going to take off ".

The main thusters began to roar and the citybot's walls began to tremble again.

" First stop, Moon... " he said to himself.
Elcor
Protoform

Metroplex meeting room:

Post by Elcor »

"Oh, I can offer quite a lot - and I expect to receive quite a lot back", - Kickback smiled, but inside he was nervous.

Metroplex had landed a while ago, and now the engines were rumbling again, as if ready to new takeoff. Where he was? And where he was heading? The Insecticon was worried that when he'd know it could be too late or too far from his teammates. But, he had to hide his premonitions.

"First, I can offer you the whereabouts of my team-mates... or you can try to look for them yourselves. It won't take more than two or three local years to find them, believe me... but with my help they'll be here ASAP. For that I'd only ask for some energon... say, six cubes would be enough to pay for our efforts. And, of course, you'd have to send some kind of transport with me - if you wish that my fellow Insecticons would be brought here.

If you'd agree on that, I'd give you the coordinates immediately and will accompany you - or whatever group you will send there to perform the extraction. When there will be no hostility from our side - will that prove our peaceful intentions?"

He looked at the implacable faces of Hubcap and Red Alert and felt that the ruse wasn't taken... He had to sweeten the deal somehow... If he only knew how?

Then he knew.

"To prove my honourable intentions, I can tell you where you could find a cache of energon so you won't be spending your own on me! It's hidden near the last stop of Metroplex on Cuba, here:"

Kickback extended one claw and sketched a crude map on the surface of the table:

"See? This is Metroplex, this is the city, and here is the grove where Trypticon had left the energon containers! If you send somone there fast, they could be saved from the lava! I was about to tell you that, but with all this commotion I've forgot about it entirely! Take these containers, bring hem here, I only ask for a small share to be given to my teammates...

as payment, of course", - he added quickly, not wanting to tell the Autobots that his "teammates" were probably lying at the bottom of the excavation site in Peru in stasis lock.. Or, even worse, buried under the collapsed ground when the derelict ship crumbled to dust.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Meeting Room, Metroplex

Hubcap considered that for a moment.

There was a distinct chance, of course, that both of the locations Kickback would send them to were part of some sort of elaborate Decepticon scheme that would kill any Autobots that they sent. The Minibot figured that the odds of that were much lower than they would have been otherwise, though.

Gigatron probably won't risk the alliance to kill a paltry few Autobots. And we can't exactly leave Shrapnel and Bombshell at large on Earth while we're gone...if we don't get Kickback's help, we'll be searching for a long time.

"You have yourself a deal," he said. "If we sucessfully retrieve the energon and your comrades, we can discuss a more permanent arrangement between the Autobots and the Insecticons. And if we don't...well, I'm sure Red Alert will take matters into his own hands."

At the back of the room, Red was whispering into his comlink.

"Hot Spot, I need you and your team to prep for immediate deployment. We have a lead on two MIA Decepticons that we need to check out. Be careful, though...I'd give two to one odds that this is some sort of trap. Your guide is Kickback." The security officer almost spat out the Insecticon's name.

Command Deck, Scorponok

Sitting in the command chair of his eponymous city, Scorponok listened carefully to Fasttrack's report.

"The cleanup operation is complete," the head drone said. "We recovered the city's datacores and Metrotitan's laser core, so rebuilding will be a possibility in the future if we can spare the resources."

Scorponok nodded. "Any survivors? Aside from that simpering fool Thunderwing, I mean."

Fasttrack consulted his datapad. "Only two, both badly damaged and currently being held in CR chambers. Krunix, the city's head of security, managed to survive being nearly melted by the self-destruct charges, but it'll take years to rebuild his body. And then there's Sparkstalker." He looked down at his pad again, frowning. "This is a wierd one."

"How so?"

"Apparently he wasn't hurt in the explosion. The drones say they dug him out of what used to be Ratbat's office. Apparently he was drained of fuel and shoved in the closet."

Scorponok's expression was incredulous. Murdering a fellow Decepticon...and covering it up! Even from beyond the grave, the vermin's cowardice knows no bounds.

"More that that, I don't want to know," he said. "Is that all?"

"Everything of substance," Fasttrack nodded. "Shall we make for the rendezvous point?"

Scorponok nodded. "Lift off."

Crew Quarters, Scorponok

The rumble of the city's engines almost drowned out the ping of the comm system as it tried to set up an outside connection.

Hopefully I bypassed all the security logs, Thunderwing thought. That peon Scorponok will no doubt try to slay me if this comes to his attention.

After a few minutes of waiting, an image appeared on the artistocrat's holocomm display. The colours were grainy and the image was shot through with scan lines, indicating the vast distances that the subspace transmission was bridging.

"Thunderwing?" Even with the poor reception, the other mechanism's shock was evident. "You're dead."

Thunderwing sighed. And this is why I became Lord High Commander of the Decepticons, and you're still a minor functionary on a colony... he thought silently. His ego wouldn't let him consider how badly his various attempts at leadership had gone, of course.

"No, Galerunner. I live." Thunderwing gave his old friend a smile. "I'm sure you heard of the...incident that I was involved in on Cybertron, and there was some unpleasantness afterwards..." His optics darkened momentarily. "But that's passed, and I'm a free mechanism now."

"I'm glad to hear it. But why are you reaching out to me? This call is rather expensive..."

Not if you're not paying for it, the aristocrat thought with amusement. Aloud, he said, "As it happens, I don't like my odds of being able to renew my...ventures on the homeworld any time soon. I know you have contacts spread across the length and bredth of the galaxy. I was hoping you might know someone who could make use of my...unique skills."

"You want a job." Galerunner pondered that for a minute, then nodded. "No promises, but I know of someone who's recruiting mechanisms in your line of work. He may have an opening for someone of your seniority and high birth. I'll put the two of you in touch."

"Thank you," Thunderwing said graciously. "Now, don't think me a boor, but I must end this call. As you say, the cost is astronomical."

"Of course," was Galerunner's reply. "Until we speak again."

"Goodbye..." Thunderwing said. After he cut the connection, he added, "...you prattling fool."

The aristocrat leaned back in his chair, smiling.

Here's hoping this pans out. The sooner I can get out from under the thumbs of commoners like Scorponok and Gigatron, the better...
Scout

Post by Scout »

Holding Bay
"At your service Red. We'll be waiting for him at the launch pad, but I need to check with First Aid's progress- hang on." Hot Spot replied gamely as he looked around.

"Okay group! Let's get a move on."

He patched over. "First Aid, how're things coming in med bay? We've got a mission."

Going good Hot Spot! The patients are both doing well and thanks to the minicons, I think I'll be able to leave safely. Got one more thing to take care of though. I need 10 minutes.

"Right. meet us at the launch pad ASAP."
Hot Spot clicked back over.
"10 minutes Red, and we'll be good to go."

-------------
In medbay, First Aid decided that Fastlane needed more recovery time and after a second check on Rosdos, he motioned Hound over.

"Okay Hound- sorry to keep you waiting. This shouldn't take too long."

The scout nodded with a smile. "No problem. It's not an emergency. Are the others going to be okay?"

"Yep, they'll be ready to go at full strength within a couple days. Final repairs are being done now on Rosdos and then he'll have some recovery time. Fastlane's finished and is just recovering."

"Good to know." Hound said quietly as he looked around. Then after a moment, he turned his attention back to watch the medic work on his hologun.
Elcor
Protoform

Metroplex meeting room:

Post by Elcor »

Yes! I did it!!! - Kickback was overjoyed, but tried to remain calm, at least outwardly.

"Oh, thank you Hubcap! The exact location of the energon containers is...", - his claw scribbled two long strings of digits on the table surface, - "and the other members of my group are in Peru, in the excavation site where the derelict Decepticon spaceship lies underground", - two more strings appeared on the table. "Of course, I'd like to go get them ASAP - because, if I am correct, we're going to get further from them with each breem..."

He paused, then seemed to realise something.

"Well, by the way - can I be told where are we and where are we heading?

And I repeat, I insist on accompanying you or whatever group would be sent to retrieve my teammates. I shall be able to persuade them not to be hostile..."

Rather, I'll be able to persuade you not to destroy them on the spot, as they're defenseless and stasis-locked... but Autobots needn't to know that...

"And, to prove my intentions once again, I don't ask for my weapon to be returned. Have it for youself, if it suits you", - he added, in attempt to remind Hubcap and Red Alert that he's still being harmless.

When I'm outnumbered and outgunned by Autobots I'd have no use for it anyway!
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
MirageHoundFan
Protoform

Post by MirageHoundFan »

Californian Coast

Landing quickly and keeping his engines running, Sixshot threw open his cockpit, ordering "You, get out"

"So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave" - Captain Mal Reynolds
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Californian Coast

Perkins stumbled out Cat in his arms

at once relieved but also planning to sell his story to a national paper once the robot had gone.
verytired

off the coast of Cuba

Post by verytired »

Cosmos slowly descended till the Energon cannisters and their Makeshift Raft touched down on the water; it was a semi success, the cannisters not exactly floating, but the straing of hauling them was taken off his shoulders for a while... he began his airborne tug boat impersonation, and headed toward the Californian Coast with a little greater speed.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Metroplex, bridge

" That's unfair " was thinking Scamper, " that blasted insecticon... If only he had headed to the armoury and not towards the shuttlebay... I would surely have captured him and everyone would know my value, but here I am again seated in the bridge. I don't want to be a drone... "

" Scamper! "

Ultra Magnus voice suddenly extracted Scamper from his daydreams.

" Sorry sir... You were saying...? " mumbled Scamper.

" I was saying that I want a general analysis of Metroplex's main computer banks. I don't want surprises in our journey to Cybertron. "

Scamper turned his attention towards his console. " Aye, sir. "

Ultra Magnus looked one more time towards Sacmper, then he focused on the reports from the evacuation. He read something, and frowning, engaged his com-link. Using an internal frequency he contacted with his security director.

" Red Alert, what's the status with Kickback? We're going to take off in minutes and I want everything under control. "
Scout

Post by Scout »

Metroplex Medbay

First Aid worked quickly, but his fingers were deliberate and carefully finished with the hologun adjustments in minutes.

He ran a scanner over it and smiled as he handed it back to Hound.

"That's all I can do here Hound. The rest, Wheeljack is working on. He's going to send me the datafiles, and when he does, I'll forward you the new programming. For now, it's intact and working just as normal."

"Thanks First Aid." Hound nodded as he inspected the new adjustments and felt the weight change. He returned the smile and watched First Aid start walking toward the doors.

First Aid stopped and shot a concerned look back at the medbay. "We'll be back soon. Can you stay here and help the others if they need assistance?"

"Sure. Be happy to."

Hound had barely finished the words before First Aid disappeared out the door.

A couple minutes later, the Protectobots all stood in a group, waiting for Kickback's arrival.
TFArchive RPG Team

Post by TFArchive RPG Team »

OOC: IMPORTANT RPG NOTICE- All players must read!

http://tfarchive.com/community/showthre ... adid=36679
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Meeting Room, Metroplex

Hubcap shook his head when Kickback asked where they were.

"I don't think we've reached that level of trust yet," he said. "When you come back with your fellow Insecticons, we can talk. For now, it's time to go meet the Protectobots."

Standing, he gestured towards the entrance. Artfire saw the signal, keyed the door open and waited for the Insecticon to exit.

Red Alert replied to Ultra Magnus. "Kickback has agreed to provide us with the location of his fellow Insecticons," the security director said. "I'm sending the Protectobots to investigate."

He consciously chose to keep the details of the arrangement to himself for now. It was usually best that the top-level commanders didn't know the details of how agreements like this were reached, so they could have plausable denability when things went wrong. Later, once the situation was resolved, he would make a full report.
Elcor
Protoform

Metroplex:

Post by Elcor »

"Well, I understand that", - Kickback replied, disapppointed.

I hoped I'd get it from him - he thought to himself.

He followed Hubcap out of the meeting room and trough the corridors.

Hmmm... Protectobots... It could've been better or worse, I agree... He could've sent Dinobots... Hey, wait a nanobreem!..

He stopped abruptly and turned to Red Alert.

"Excuse me, but what do you mean - Protectobots? What transport capabilities do they have???"
TILL ALL ARE ONE!