[Original RPG] End of the Line: Battlefronts (Other)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Scout

Post by Scout »

Metroplex
"The humans are doing as well as can be expected, Ultra Magnus.

The Protectobot leader looked around at the rest of the group assisting in the holding bay. His attention went to Groove momentarily. The quiet team member was kneeling in a corner, consoling a large group of tiny human children. Blades and Inferno were removing the humans that had died during the panic. Streetwise was doing his best to locate family members and reunite them.

"We have several hundred that died as a result of the explosions. There are also many hundreds that sustained injuries. Food, medical attention and other organic life needs will be essential for them in the coming hours."

--------------

Medbay
First Aid received Prowl's message as he picked up his tools.
The junctions I can do, but the adaptation- solidifying matter? I don't know how. I know who does though!
After keying a text call note to Spike, the medic forwarded Prowl's message to Wheeljack, and added on a note.
"Wheeljack, need your help with this. It's beyond my medical knowledge, so I'll send Spike to you. And if you know how, I'll need schematics for future repairs."
MirageHoundFan
Protoform

Post by MirageHoundFan »

Medbay

A moment later, a reply came in response to First Aid's message

"You want my help, you got it, I'll be ready and waiting for him. And I'll have the process sorted for you as a bed-side reading. Over and out"

"So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave" - Captain Mal Reynolds
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Metroplex

I could arrange a nice, cosy cell in the brig, Red Alert was tempted to say. He looked at Kickback with an expression that was, if it was possible, even more suspicious than usual.

He's obviously trying to play us, the security director thought. Couldn't hurt to play along, though...depending on what he wants, bargaining with him could be quicker than an interrogation.

With a sigh, he waved Artfire over. "Take our friend," he gestured towards the Insecticon, "to one of the secure meeting rooms on deck eight. If he does anything untoward-"

"I know," the Targetmaster assured him. "Shoot first and ask questions later."

"Good man," Red said. Turning back to Kickback, he said, "Go with Artfire. Our negotiator will be along in a few minutes."

Without further ado, the security chief turned on his heel and stormed out of the room.

Artfire shrugged. "Looks like you got a reprieve," he told Kickback. "Come on...if nothing else, the conference room will be more comfortable than a CR chamber."

Corridors, Metroplex

Once he was a few hundred metres away from the Medbay doors and safely out of earshot, Red Alert activated his commlink.

"Hubcap, meet me on deck eight. I have a job for you."
Elcor
Protoform

Metroplex:

Post by Elcor »

Kickback started to express his gratitude to Red Alert, than stopped, as the Autobot Security Chief hadn't replied and exited the medbay. Shrugging, the Insecticon left the CR chamber and followed Artfire.

One could only hope that negotiator Red mentioned isn't Grimlock - he smiled to himself, almost content that couldn't happen.

"Err... excuse me, my good 'Bot", - he spoke to Artfire, -"Perhaps you'd fancy to answer some questions of mine, considering the truce between our factions that now takes place... I'm particularily interested in fate of defectors from our side to Autobot cause, if such persons do exist... Are you informed of such?"
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
verytired

Cuba

Post by verytired »

Cosmos had been busy.
The two Energon containers dropped by Trypticon were exceedingly large; He had tried fitting them into his subspace folder, but had only managed one, and that was seriously dangerous; he was unsure whether any kind of movement would be advisable with it, let alone transatlantic flight. He had removed it from the folder, almost ready to admit defeat, when he noticed several wrecked vehicles around a construction site to the south. He had retrieved what he could, and had created something between a raft and barge;

He lifted off very slowly, the containers and their barge suspended below via a flimsy webbing of cable he had scrounged from the construction site. He almost drifted with the air currents to the sea; if he could make it to the water, he could settle the roughly made transport in it and drag the containers to drier and safer land. If he made it to safer land first, he could drop them there as well.

He opened up a communication to Ultra Magnus;

“Commander, I have retrieved two rather large Energon containers from the Eruption zone; Is there any transports available to take them off my hands? I’m not really designed for this…”
Scout

Post by Scout »

Medbay, Metroplex
"Okay Rosdos. Let's have a look at that damage." First Aid greeted the injured Autobot pleasantly to put him at ease. He pulled out a scanner and a small pulse gun as he spoke. "Let's interrupt any pain signals first, and then we'll see what the damage is."

Over his internal radio, he called the scout.
"Hound, return to medbay in 10 minutes and we'll get that procedure going."
Hound was still standing alone- propped up against a wall and deep in thought when First Aid's message came.

No uncertainty, no failures. Skyfall was right, I must try. His blue optics opened and cast a blue glow in the room as he caught the sounds of footsteps passing.
----------
----------
Holding Bay
Hot Spot and Inferno began spraying a light cooling mist onto the walls to help the climate control work. "Should be almost there." Hot Spot called to Inferno.

Inferno shot back a spunky grin. "Good. Sooner we empty, the better. Then we can give those Deceptiscum some payback for this."

Flags as red as the firey autobot's paint job went up in Hot Spot's central processor.
"Hey, not yet good buddy. We've got a treaty."

"Hah! Ain't no reason we can't pretend we didn't get that comm... *Hot Spot turned his hose on Inferno for an instant* okay- OKAY!"
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Metroplex

The ponderous Autobot citybot was aproaching Gibraltar.

---

Metroplex Bridge

" I read you Cosmos ", replied Ultra Magnus. " Hold on soldier, I'll send you help " said Magnus, opening a new channel.

" Skyfall, do you copy? Cosmos is still in Cuba, and he has found two big energon containers, seemingly from Trypticon. They're to heavy for him to carry, so can you help him? "

Waiting for the reply, Magnus watched the ETA towards the Balearic Islands.

" 10 minutes, hold on humans, we're almost there... " he thought.

Near, Scamper was contacting the Spain government, explaining them the refugee's situation and asking for permission to land on his territory.
verytired

Cuba

Post by verytired »

Cosmos gritted his proverbial teeth and tried to make light.
"When ever your ready boss, no rush..."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Corridors, Metroplex

As Artfire led Kickback towards the meeting rooms, he pondered the Insecticon's question. It was unsettling, whichever way he looked at it. Either the smaller Transformer was digging for information to get back into Gigatron's good graces...or he was planning to defect himself.

"I can't really say for sure," he said guardedly. "I'm just a soldier, after all. I've seen a couple of them around, though. What exactly do you want to know?"
Elcor
Protoform

Metroplex:

Post by Elcor »

"Oh, nothing really - you know, if you'd talked with those defectors, know how they feel and such... By the way, if you say you've seen a few does it mean they weren't treated as prisoners?" - Kickback continued to pester Artfire with questions.

Meanwhile, two Transformers had reached the conference room and entered there.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Scout

Post by Scout »

Metroplex: Medbay
"Not too bad Rosdos. You were lucky. The worst is in the knee joint and side of your leg. I'm also reading a fractured side support, but your repair systems are already working on that."
----------
Shuttle

Prowl keyed in the entry for the airspace and received an affirmation code. Mobile drones had been dispatched to decontaminate the shuttle and its occupants from the radiation.
"Landing sequence engaged - down in 3 - 2 -1."
A gentle click and bounce indicated the shuttle had set down. Moments later, the door released. Outside, a steady stream of decontaminate already was raining down over the shuttle.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Shuttle Weehawken:

Ironhide: -checking the radiation levels- "They're comin' down...." -standing under one of the holes, high pressure water streaming in, cascading over him- "Ah figger we stay in here 'nother fahve minutes, under th' spray, then get outta th' shuttle, let the scrubbers finish deradiatin' us."

Prime: "Good. I think we've been in this deathtrap long enough." -looks over at Prowl- "Prowl, contact Fort Max. I want an update on their situation."
X-Bot
Protoform

Post by X-Bot »

Shuttlebay, Metroplex

Joyride looked at Six Gun and said, "Of course I'll join you Gunner, someone has to keep you from face planting Metroplex over and over again."

Joyride knew that wasn't funny, but tried to use any kind of humor to keep his worries about Fastlane down.

"Let's get a move on then," Joyride said slapping Six Gun's shoulder.
"One shall stand. One shall fall." -
Optimus Prime
Scout

Post by Scout »

Shuttle Weehawken:
Prowl acknowledged the request immediately and radioed Fortress.
"Fortress, report update. What's the current status?"
Simultaneously, he sent a message to engineering.
Attn: Engineering
Repair, salvage or scrap Weehawken shuttle. Too dangerous to be used for flight in current status.

ooc: Let's move this group back to Autobot thread for next post.
----------------
Metroplex
Hound stayed frozen in place outside the medical center, listening to the footsteps. The sound and readings were unmistakable.
Wow. Red actually left Kickback in there without any explosions.

The scout shot a glance back toward medbay. I don't want Kickback to find out about Spike. Hmmm.

Reluctantly, he turned and headed back inside, and was pleasantly surprised that the Decepticon was no longer in the room. He sat down to wait.

Inside Medbay, First Aid continued to work on Rosdos.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Meeting Room, Metroplex

Artfire shrugged.

"It depends on how they act, I guess," he told Kickback. "I've seen a couple walking around free, without guards. Don't know if they're happy to be with us or not, though. And I'm sure there's a bunch of Autobots who'll never trust 'em."

The security guard stopped just inside the door. Tapping a code into the keypad, he waited a moment until the panel gave a confirming beep.

"To make sure no one listens in," he said. "Red'll have the negotiator here in a minute, I'm sure."

Nearby

Hubcap gaped at Red Alert incredulously.

"You want me to do what?"

"Negotiate," Red said with a scowl. "It's a part of your specialty. Or did you think 'communications' meant 'small talk' when you signed up?"

The minibot sighed. "Fine. What do you want me to get from him?"

"Doesn't matter," Red shrugged. "Right now, I'm more interested in what he's after. I don't trust that Insecticon as far as I can throw him."

"Con the 'Con, then?" Hubcap smiled. "Right. I can do that."

"I figured as much," Red said with a slightly disapproving tone in his voice. "Get to it."

Hubcap saluted (which, from him, was an expression of unadulterated sarcasm) and walked off.
Elcor
Protoform

Meeting room, Metroplex:

Post by Elcor »

"Oh, thank you for your most valuable information!" - Kickback exclaimed overenthusiactically to Artfire, as he managed to steal a look at the panel the autobot worked with and check out the access code.

If he hadn't lied to me, it's the code for disengaging the security cameras. If he lied, the code engages them... but I don't think this Autobot is accustomed to such nimble treachery.

"And one more question - I believe that now Metroplex is moving, am I right? Had we left Cuba and where are we heading to?"
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Meeting Room, Metroplex

Artfire just shrugged, not letting on that he'd caught Kickback's overly excited behaviour.

So the bug's still going to be shifty, is he? No surprise there...

"I can't say," he said truthfully. "I've been in medbay, and then with you, for the last couple hours."

Before he could say anything more, the door slid open to admit Hubcap. The Minibot graced Kickback with a thoroughly false smile. Red Alert walked in behind him, scowling, and took up a position by the side of the door.

"I'm Hubcap, Autobot communications officer," the smaller Autobot said, extending his hand to the Decepticon. "So...you've got some information to barter, I hear?
Scout

Post by Scout »

Metroplex: Medbay
First Aid set the medbay machines to repair Rosdos' legs and returned to see how the minicons were finishing up with Fastlane.

He took a scan of the recovering Autobot and nodded with a pleased expression. He leaned over slightly, putting a hand on Fastlane's shoulder. "Fastlane my friend, how do you feel?"
Elcor
Protoform

Metroplex meeting room:

Post by Elcor »

"Oh, it depends..." - Kickback shook the Autobot's hand.

It never hurts to be polite.

The Insecticon felt himself in his own element, on the battlefield where wars were fought not with guns and missiles, but with words. This was perfectly OK for him.

"First of all, tell me what you believe my status here is. I can be treated as an ally, as the treaty suggests - am I right? Or I can be considered prisonner though I can't say what hostile actions I've committed lately against your Autobot cause.

You see", - he set in the chair more comfortably - "a while ago I've fought against you... in Nevada, I suppose. But it was all done only because of Gigatron's orders, and you must know that disobey these orders means certain death. So, we - I mean Insecticons - obliged, but were we happy? I say we weren't. We've been looking for a chance to leave Gigatron's tyranny, and the chance presented itself.

It can't be argued", - he shifted his gase at Red Alert - "that lately we weren't taking any part in any Decepticon activity. You can check your data and they'd prove it: since the battle in Nevada we tried to stay away both from you and Gigatron. And for that attack and everything what happened before the blame lies on Gigatron, not on us.

Since we've left Gigatron we could've ammassed an army of Insecticon clones, ready to do our bidding... but we hadn't. Instead, we opted for some peace and stability. I came here personally to talk about a truce between us, Insecticons, and Autobots, so we could try to coexist peacefully. Fortunately, I've met you here and even tried to help rescuing the humans... It's not my fault that, regrettably, I'm not a good engineer and my invention hadn't worked as it was planned.

Then a regrettable misunderstanding had happened... One of your Autobots had attacked and captured me - and I hadn't made a single hostile action against him! So, I felt that I have a moral right to escape this unjust imprisonment. That's what happened.

I understand how inconvenient it all was... To you as well as to me. I cannot blame your side, but you must agree that I am even less to blame.

I'd say that for our negotiations to succeed we have to put all this... incident behind us, forget it all happened, and start from the clear sheet. Is this agreed?"

Kickback leaned back in his chair, eyeing Hubcap and measuring the Minibot's reaction.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Metroplex bridge

Scamper turned to face Ultra Magnus.

" Commander, the Spanish government agrees. They let us to land Metroplex in Mallorca, and they're also preparing some emergency teams to deal with the refugees. "

Ultra Magnus, waiting for Skyfall's reply, smiled in relief.

" Good. Begin with the landing procedures. "

Magnus engaged his com link.

" Hot Spot, prepare your Protectobots. We're going to land in Mallorca inmediatly, and we'll need the refugees evacuated as fast and safe as we can. "

---

Metroplex's loudspeakers

" Attention all personnel, attention all personnel; Metroplex will land in 1 minut. "

---

Metroplex Corridors

Six Gun nodded to Joyride when Metroplex landing thrusters roared and the citybot's walls shaked.

" Whoa!" said Six Gun, " we're landing! "

---

Metroplex

With a thundorous sound, the huge Autobot landed in an open ground near Palma de Mallorca, the island main city.