[Original RPG] End of the Line: Battlefronts (Other)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
X-Bot
Protoform

Post by X-Bot »

Cell, Metroplex

Darkwing saw Red Alert and only scoffed at the Autobot's threat. Throttle and Hi-Tech were actually trembling in their circuits.

"That's sure a good way to get information Autochump," Darkwing said sarcastically, "Violence is always a good tactic when a truce is in effect. Yes, yes, Gigatron sent all of us Decepticons a truce message and no doubt your equally incompatent Optimus Prime sent you pieces of scrap a similar if not a duplicate one. Did he not?"

Dreadwind crossed his arms and said nothing.

Darkwing continued, "But since you must know and that my cowardly Nebulan partner fears the long power-down, I guess I'll tell you. Dreadwind and I grew tired of waiting for Gigatron to give us a mission in which we could get our fix of battle. So without authorization, not that we needed it, the two of us went to look for battle ourselves. We intercepted a message from your home base and decided to head here into Cuba. When we saw Kickback trying stupidly to invade this base, we decided that you idiots would be too distracted by such a worthless piece of metal and circuitry that we'd blast our way in.

"Apparantly, you Autobots don't seem to take good care of your base, because Dreadwind and I found a rather large patch of rust in the eastern wall that was big enough to let us through...after we blasted it open of course. It was while we were making that hole that your fool of an ally, Joyride decided to use pointless heroics and tried to take us both on with his blaster and another smaller one from your armory. After the fool known as Skyfall tried to intervene with our easy victory, Joyride kicked me in the head." He pointed to the dent in his metallic skull. "After I was knocked unconcious another Autobot, Fastlane, helped the other two Autobots and forced Dreadwind into submission, or so I'm told. And that's how we ended up here as your prisoners; disarmed and dishonored. Is that good enough for you?"

Dreadwind spoke as he uncrossed his arms, "From what I gather of this truce, and from the your base's automated message system, we will have to work with you for one reason or another. It pains me deep in my core that I cannot battle you Autobots, but I am willing to work along side you. Be forewarned this is only until the truce is lifted."

Good show Dreadwind, Darkwing thought, I probably couldn't have said it better myself.
"One shall stand. One shall fall." -
Optimus Prime
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Brig, Metroplex

"You're the most pathetic POWs I've ever seen," Red Alert told Darkwing and Dreadwind. "Even if our factions were still fighting, I wouldn't want to keep you here."

Turning for the door, he added, "When we release you, consider yourselves on parole. If we catch you in one of our bases again you'll end up in the morgue instead of the brig."

Walking out, he headed for sickbay.

Medbay, Metroplex

Artfire shrugged.

"You don't know the half of it," he told First Aid as pleasantly as he could. "Look, I appreciate the effort, but I don't need cheering up. What I need is for this war to be over, and the sooner the better. I think that's something we both all agree on."

The tall white and red Autobot started to put away the tools he'd used to patch Hound's leg.

"I don't think I'll be in here all that often, Doc. After all, without guys like me on the front lines, there'd be a lot more bodies filling your wards every day." He smiled a little bit. "Thanks for asking, though. If you ever need an extra set of hands when I'm around, just shout."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Metroplex: Medbay
"I understand Artfire." First Aid replied amiably over his radio.
"Maybe this war will be over soon. But don't discount time away from battle. I think you'll find it's - helpful."
To you and to others.

He took a reading and looked to the minicons that were assisting.
"Nice work Ark- that circuit board is registering at full power now."

---------
Holding Bay
Blades sat down on a large crate and watched the various humans milling around. Gathering a bit of curiosity, he reached down to pick up a goat, but Hot Spot stopped him in mid-reach.
"Sorry, but it's best if we avoid any possible scares. Won't be that much long---"
The transmission from Prowl cut him off and Blades got a huge grin.

Hot Spot grinned back and Inferno called over, "All right!"

---------
Outside medbay in the shaft that led to the upper decks as Metroplex was moving, Hound continued talking with Prowl. The scout closed his optics and clentched his hands into fists, but the tones came out as even-tempered questions.
"Action? Inaction? Is that why we're leaving Earth again? How many will die this time when we go? Did you know what was happening here while we were on Cybertron, Prowl?"

The strategist tried his best to answer, but the reply was bland. "Those are orders Hound. We are leaving Earth to deal with the Quintessons. Many will die while we're gone- humans die every second, I cannot prevent that and neither can any number of Autobots- their lives just don't have much length. No, I wasn't aware of the trouble here on Earth while we were away, but we are taking measures now to prevent that from occurring again."

Hound opened his optics with a puzzled expression. "What measures?"

Prowl's voice held its patience. "That's what I wanted to speak with you about."

"I'm listening. Shoot."

"Shoot what?"

Hound sighed. "Nevermind Prowl- what are these measures?"

"I will explain. We have enemies on all fronts now, many which we’ve never encountered. The vast part of every evil on Cybertron has emptied onto this planet. Up, down, sideways and on all fronts – including the Quintessons on Cybertron. If the Autobots are to survive, we must reduce the number of enemies we have. To do that, we will be working with the Decepticons to retake Cybertron.”

The scout frowned slightly. “They betray time and again. They’ve caused more death on this planet than can be measured and the Cybertron defenses are nearly impregnable. Without Kup-“

“We require a team effort to succeed.” The strategist finished firmly. “Spike has agreed to contact the Quintessons and to deliver a team of seemingly non-functional transformers to the planet’s surface. Since there is reason to believe the Quintessons will accept the delivery, that brings us to the protection of our human ally.”

Prowl continued. “The Quintessons cannot read into the humans like they can with us. With the pretenders as support in human form and the team of cybertronians that will reactivate on arrival, there should be adequate support for creating a diversion in order to take out some of the Cybertron perimeter defenses so that the rest of the Autobots and Decepticons can slip in.”
Elcor
Protoform

Metroplex Medbay:

Post by Elcor »

Kickback's CR chamber finished its work. The lid opened, but the smart Insecticon was reluctant to get out.

Now, I must concentrate and listen and use what I'll learn to my advantage - he thought. I'm still not sure if, considering Gigatron's orders, our group should leave Earth... Or would it be better for us if both Autobots and Decepticons leave and we have a planet all for ourselves...
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
verytired

Post by verytired »

Cuba
Cosmos had been scanning the disaster zone for any remaining humans with little success; whatever miracles had been on offer had obviously run out. As his sensors swept to the northwest, his Radiation detectors (until now useless in these conditions) noticed a large presence a few miles away. He floated over cautiously, till he was close enough to see through the smoke and heat haze, and saw two extremely large Energon containers, lying amidst some destroyed buildings. One was exceedingly close to the Lava flow, but the other was relatively untouched.
Cosmos transformed and landed beside them; before he could do anything, he looked in horror at his arm and noticed that his armour, designed to withstand the heat of re entry, wasn’t doing so well here and was beginning to melt.
Better work Fast!

Quebec
Sizzle whooped with Joy, as he followed Crosscut and Camshaft out of Canada, and into the Autobase thread…
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Shuttle Weehawken:

Prime: -staring out of the main viewport, the only indication of his mental state a slight narrowing of his optics-

Ironhide: "Ah ain`t lahkin' this much, neither. But we gotta look at this from the up sahde. Th' humans'll fahn'ly be shed'a us fer a whahle. Hard part's gonna be waitin' fer th' 'Cons ta break th' truce." -looks at Prowl and Smokescreen- "Think we ought'ta start a pool?"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Scout

Post by Scout »

Prowl looked up at Ironhide. His voice and facial features were deadpan, but his optics betrayed the subtle sense of logical humour with a glint.

"A pool, Ironhide?
One requires too much maintainance -especially from Cybertron- and would be inadvisable to submerge oneself in, while the other is strictly prohibited during active duty. You know that."

Hound replied to Prowl over the internal radio sounding puzzled. “You want me to protect Spike? Is that it?”

Prowl corrected him quickly. “No. I want you to be a partner with Spike, but this mission is reliant on ability and confidence. I will not put Spike in a dangerous situation if you cannot commit yourself entirely, and I trust your judgement. You can refuse of course, but his help- and your help- are needed. If you agree, he will become your targetmaster partner. Together, you and he will connect to form an upgrade of your hologun that can not only cast holograms, but solidify them as well – hard light. But you both will also be responsible for each others’ protection. If you accept, question when needed, but do not let any significant doubts linger of your own skills and abilities.”

A long pause settled on the line.
Brave Maximus

Metroplex - Medbay

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall turned his head as the door to the CR Chamber opened up....

I thought I locked that.....

Making his voice loud enough to be heard:

"Alright Artfire. As per Red Alert, I'm handing over Kickback for you to guard."

The Minicons continued to work on micro-circuts and neuro-links within Fastlane, at times, their hands moving faster than the eye could see. In someways, the Minicons really enjoyed their role as medics at times. It was a balance to their distructive nature as the Solar Cry........
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Metroplex

Artfire was considering how to reply to First Aid, but Skyfall's interruption saved him from having to.

"Sure thing," he told the Micromaster. Turning to Kickback's CR chamber, he let his shoulder-mounted space beam gun actuate downwards towards the Decepticon.

"You just make yourself comfortable," he drawled. "Red'll be down to see you in a minute or two, and he'll let you know what we're going to do with you."

Shuttle Weehawken

Smokescreen smiled slightly, then sent a quick text message to Ironhide.

Check with me later. I'll set one up. It'll be good for morale.

As he piloted the ship towards Autobase, he started running odds projections in the back of his mind.
Elcor
Protoform

Metroplex Medbay:

Post by Elcor »

"I'm not moving anywhere! I'm harmless! You don't have to point your weapons at me!.." - Kickback screamed, visibly alarmed.

They're afraid of me more than I deserve it - he pointed to himself calmly. Perhaps it could be utilized for my benefit somehow...

Then he understood what he'd been told by Artfire a few nanobreems ago.

"Err, excuse me... You said Red, as in Red Alert?"

Uh-oh, now I remember that Skyfall told me I'm in Red Alert's jurisdiction... I'm in deep trouble then... That 'Bot is a maniac, I know that for sure! Being interrogated by him is worse than do a one-on-one close quarters battle with Grimlock himself! I must think of something, and think fast, before he gives the order to terminate me on spot...

Think!..
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Scout

Post by Scout »

Shuttle
Abruptly, Prowl turned his attention back to the security controls, losing the bit of humour he had let slip.
Lot of planning to do and very little time now. Another mistake- would be a disaster.
The strategist closed his optics for the briefest instant, recalling a decision he had made when the Autobot faction had split. He looked to the screens and continued running the numbers and analyzing probablilities.
There's no room for error if the ranks are to maintain support through this... alliance. Ironhide is right- it won't be long. I'm sure they'll be laying odds, but odds are not needed- preparations are. And- we need the human. If the Quints find that slaggin' place, we're done.

Energon backup is in check, repairs are good and personnel numbers are active and at high operational levels. Equipment is in check- except for this shuttle. The mission to Cuba will require 14% of stored energy; therefore, given the reduction factor of our energy supplies weakening in strength since being gathered, we will only require 140 barrels of preservative and 102 barrels of additive to manufacture any additional supplies during a sustained battle of 3645 breems - without casualties being a factor, and if we approach from quadrant 4 in the lower sectors with only the three support defensive towers, we can eliminate usage by 11.4%. Running medbay equipment takes 2356635 watts per tenth-cycle, combined with the standard gunnary and ammunition level equipment...

While he continued running through the supplies and potential plans silently, Prowl checked back with Hound over the radio.
"Hound- I respect that this is a difficult choice, but time is a factor. Other plans will need to be made if you cannot accept. Trust your judgement. We do."

The silence hung for a few seconds and then the answer came back.
"I accept Prowl."

"Good. Then I'll send the message priority to First Aid and he can delegate as needed. You should hear from him shortly.

Out."

Metroplex

Hound leaned up against a wall, put one foot behind him, and folded his arms - deep in thought.

First Aid continued to work, very pleased and thankful for the minicons' help. They were nearly finished and it had only been a bit over an hour and a half. He reached for the reactivation console as the minicons were putting the finishing touches on, then got a pleased smile as he leaned over to check the autobot's consciousness level.
"Welcome back to online status, Fastlane. How are you feeling?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Metroplex

Artfire shook his head, chuckling at the Insecticon's cowardice.

"Yeah, I mean Red Alert," he told Kickback. "Don't worry...we're allies now. He can huff and puff all he likes, but he knows better than to blast you and muck up the whole treaty."

I hope.
Elcor
Protoform

Metroplex medbay:

Post by Elcor »

"Oh, thank you for your kind explanation!" - Kickback exclaimed, trying to sound relieved. He had learned a lot of information from Artfire's one phrase, and was intended to learn more.

"May I ask why are you considering me an ally of yours, and what is the nature of the treaty that you've mentioned?"

It must have something with that Gigatron's order. Yes, it must be it. So, there is another temporary truce between our factions... It could mean something for me, but what?

Well, for one thing, it could mean that we'll be interned and extradicted to Gigatron, if he insists... And that is what I don't want to happen. So, it would be wise to learn about other defectors' fate and, perhaps, apply to join Autobots' ranks. If only to survive our leader's anger, that is...

But where is Red Alert?
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

----------Metroplex Shuttlebay-----------
"Thank." Rosdos climbed from the storage room with Joyride's help walked painfully to the medbay.

----------Metroplex Medbay----------
Rosdos walked toward First Aid and asked for a medical treatment while he's showing his burned legs. "I just need a patches. You should see what can a couple of energon cubes do."
X-Bot
Protoform

Post by X-Bot »

Medbay, Metroplex

Static interference clouded Fastlane's optic vision. The left side of his optic visor was fixed and he could see First Aid looming over him.

"F-F-Fi-Fir-" Fastlane tried to say, but his voice was very warbled and kept going from high to low pitch at random.

He gave up trying to speak and turned his head to see that his left arm had not been replaced just yet. At least he was concious aside from the heavy work that still needed to be done on his outer body. Fastlane wished that he could thank First Aid for saving his life.

If only my brother Cloudraker could see me now. he thought.

Fastlane relaxed and awaited further repairs.

------------------------

Shuttlebay, Metroplex

Joyride moved over to Six Gun after helping Rosdos. He shrugged off questions that he had about the order from Optimus for now.

"Ready to go to Medbay?" he asked Six Gun as he extended his hand.
"One shall stand. One shall fall." -
Optimus Prime
Scout

Post by Scout »

Medbay, Metroplex
First Aid looked down at Fastlane and shook his head slightly.
His systems must be taking a while to catch his consciousness up. He doesn't realize yet that he's been repaired.
First Aid got a pleasant look as he spoke to the recovering autobot.
"Rest for a while Fastlane. You've been fully repaired - thanks to the minicons' help. Your systems will catch up soon."

First Aid looked up while gathering the rest of his tools.
"Starlight, Ark, Nemesis- would you please finish up the last of the cosmetic issues and then put him into a CR chamber if his programming unit needs further recovery time? I'm going to attend to Rosdos now."

-----------
Shuttle
Prowl sent a secured text message to First Aid.

Attn: First Aid.
Class B prioirty medical procedure.
Targetmaster transition to be completed on Hound's hologun. Transition Spike from headmaster to targetmaster. Complete with target effect of solidifying image into hard light- consult engineering if required.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Metroplex

"The war is on hold while we take care of more important business," Artfire told Kickback. He was about to continue when Red Alert entered the room.

"Indeed it is," the security director said. Without any pleasantries, he addressed the Insecticon. "Optimus Prime and Gigatron have agreed to decamp Earth and return to Cybertron to crush the Quintessons. Once we arrive at the rendezvous point, you and your fellow POWs will be turned over to your fellow Decepticons." He frowned slightly. "And if your fellow Insecticons are at large somewhere, I suggest you tell me now. If we detect any Transformer lifesigns on Earth when our forces are massed in orbit, neither faction is going to be happy about it."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Shuttle Weehawken:

Ironhide: -shrugs- "Why? Ah got awl th' stores Ah need ta make a pool. Jus' need a hole."

Prime: "No betting."

Heading back towards Autobase:

Sky Lynx: -battered, dented and scortched, imping back twards Autobase-
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Metroplex, shuttlebay

" I'm fine, thanks " said Six Gun to Joyride, " but a little recharge in a CR chamber could be usefull ".

" And I want to visit Fastlane " he thought.

Six Gun stteped towards the Medbay.

" You come with me? " asked to Joyride.

Nearby, a dozen drones were cleaning and repairing the zone where the enrgon cubes exploded.

---

Metroplex, above the Atlantic

" ETA to our destination? " asked Magnus.

" 30 earthen minutes, commander " replied Scamper.

Ultra Magnus nodded and, tapping some buttons, he radioed Hot Spot

" Hot Spot, we'll arrive to our destination in 30 minutes, Earth time. What's the refugees status? "
Elcor
Protoform

Metroplex Medbay:

Post by Elcor »

"Glad to hear it..." - Kickback responded to Artfire, but inside he was far from glad.

Speaking now to Red Alert, he continued:
"You are right - indeed, I came here as an emissary from the rest of my group. I'm authorised to inform you of their whereabouts..."

- authorised by myself, that is - he thought to himself...

"... and many more, such as their condition and plans. I could deliver them to you; I could tell you whatever information Gigatron had disclosed to our group. But, of course, I will require something in return."

The Insecticon leaned back inside the CR chamber, trying to look relaxed, while inside he was boiling with anticipation.

Had Red fell to my ruse? Only one way to find out...

"Perhaps we could find a more ...secure place to discuss these... matters?" - he suggested.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!