[Original RPG] End of the Line: Breakout (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Brave Maximus

Autobot Shuttle returning from Kyle.

Post by Brave Maximus »

As the Shuttle circled around Fortress Maximus, looking for a landing spot, Daniel picked up the comm and opened a channel:

"This is Daniel on the Autobot shuttle...... What's the name of this thing? It doesn't matter.

"We're currently landing and are in need of medical attention. Trailbreaker is in critical condition and we have many other wounded on board. Please have Medical personnel meet us as we land."
Lord Zarak

Med Bay, eventually

Post by Lord Zarak »

Broadside and Skyhammer had finished their drinks in the canteen. At Broadsides suggestion, they decided to contact Ratchet. Even though they had limited medical expertise, they were willing to help.

They poked their heads round into the Med Bay to see if Ratchet was around
Scout

Post by Scout »

Ravine
"How we going to get down there?" Sludge looked uncertain. The dinobot had fallen down cliff faces before- he didn't want to repeat the experience again.

"Good question." Spike glanced around. Noting a sweeping shadow on the ground, he looked up and grinned.
"There's our answer. Swoop! Swoop!"

Above the group, the pteranadon watched with growing interest. It was the strange glittery metal that the others seemed to be so interested in.
Noticing that Spike was calling him, the big dinobot glided in and landed.

Sludge pushed some of the tools toward him.
"Swoop need to take these to Skids. We find other way down."

"Okay." Swoop waddled forward a bit and picked up the basket, then began gliding toward the Autobots on the cliffside with it in his beak.

Meanwhile, Spike was surveying the problem of the heavy dinobot and collecting material from the cliffside.
"Sludge, let's go to the bottom- all the way down. Then they can drop whatever they're digging to us, and we can pack it."

Sludge nodded. "We go down then."
-----------------
Fort Max: Medbay
Blitzwing stepped out from the CR chamber, immediately putting on a "don't-mess-with-me" face to cover the reality of his still-weakened state. He stared at the chaos in front of him with a mixture of surprise, amusement and distaste.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

(ooc having a dinobot go mining is anyone else getting a Flintstones vibe.)

Ravine

Landfill peered up at the dinobot

"You ok up there good buddy."
DBF
Protoform

Fort Max, Medbay

Post by DBF »

Gripper lead the Motorvators in after Override and took in the scene. He and Flame were silenced by the devestation, but Lightspeed felt the need to pipe up with:
"Ah, do we need to be here? looks more like a battle than a hospital."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Fort Max Shuttle bay

The Aerialbots landed while transforming into their robot modes and Silverbolt stteped towards Overdrive.

" Hello Overdrive. What's going on? " the Aerialbot leader asked with a smile.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ghoul:

Roadbuster: "What makes you think I can swim?" -tosses Aero Blade(making sure to pull the throw enough to drop Aero in the lake coser to shore), jumps into the water, starts making his way towards Aero-

Medbay, Fort Max:

Nightbeat: -stares blankly at the readout, looks back at Ratchet- "I'm going to take it as read, then, that you missed him calling Lightspeed 'Cyclonus'." -hands the padd to Minerva- "Either Scattershot's trying to become a professional impersonator, or he thinks he's Galvatron."

Minerva: -finishes patching the hole, closes Nightbeat's torso armor, takes datapadd and looks at the readout- "I'm not entirely sure Scattershot thinks he's much of anything. His brainwaves are a mess."

Shuttle from Kyle:

Chromedome: -looking at a readout- "Um..... I think it says we're the 'Flying Dutchman'......"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Fort Max

Ratchet waved Broadside and Skyhammer inside, frowning. "What can I do for you, gentlemechs?"

Over his shoulder, he said, "Stow the comedy, Nightbeat. Your sister's right...something's happened to Scattershot that changed the way his brain works at a fundimental level." He sighed. "Unfortunately, I have no idea what."

Turning to Blitzwing, he scowled. "Your CR cycle isn't finished yet. If you walk out now, a slight breeze could knock you apart, and I'm not going to be the one who'll patch you back together again."

Over the comm, he replied to Daniel. "Medbay is full and I can't spare a medic to help you. You'll have to flag down a team of drones and have them bring the casualties in."

Next time I have a free minute, he resolved, I'm recruiting some medical trainees.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Medbay, Fort Max
"You won't have to, Ratchet." Blitzwing said uncharacteristically quietly.
"I will finish my repairs outside."

The triple changer couldn't bring himself to thank the medic, though he did appreciate the repairs. The best he could show it at the moment was by not being outrightly hostile. For the warrior, it was an unsettling situation. He had been unconscious, unaware and at the mercy of the Autobots - and they had repaired him.
It was for Blitzwing, in a word - embarrassing.

And it was clear that the autobots had a lot of their own troubles to deal with at the moment. The only thing he wanted to do was to remove himself from the situation and regain his composure, energy and confidence without drawing any further attention.

He headed toward the exit.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Shuttle bay, Fort Max

"I've got a captured Con drone in stasis he's come over to our side , but without his citycon we think he might die when he comes out . We need yor troops to take the Con stasis chamber and all and take him down to med bay.
Lord Zarak

Med Bay

Post by Lord Zarak »

"Well", began Broadside, "Me and my good friend Skyhammer have not really got anything to do round here except drink the place dry of energon, and we've come on a wander to see if we can help out somehow. Need a hand?

Skyhammer just stood there, and looked decidedly uncomfortable at being anyones friend.
Elcor
Protoform

Fort Max Medbay:

Post by Elcor »

Lightspeed and Strafe had finally quelled Scattershot's convulsions and activated the restraining forcefield on his biobed.

"It wasn't nesessary, Slag!" - Lightspeed said angrily. "You could've damage him and you're here to help with healing!"

"Dinos aren't good with healing, "Speed-buddy", - Strafe commented to his fellow Technobot. "And with whatever's happening here, I'm not sure it wasn't nesessary", - he added, more to himself than to anyone else.

Then Ratchet ordered Technobots to take places on biobeds.

"Why? I'm not damaged, it's Scattershot and Afterburner who require attention!" - Strafe disagreed.

"Do what you've been told", - Nosecone turned to him. "And that applies to everyone of us. You too, Afterburner."

"But... But I have to use CR chamber first! My arms aren't functional, can't you see that?" - Afterburner backed from Nosecone.

"Lay down... or you'll have more non-functional limbs soon," - Nosecone answered, gesturing toward two Dinobots who stood on guard. "Do you want them to do it?"

It would be an extremely bad idea - Afterburner agreed silently. His brain was working furiously, but there was nothing he could do:

I must remain calm. They won't see anything, it isn't like I've been reprogrammed or sick or something... I mustn't think about my plans, that's all...

He climbed on the biobed and watched as restraining field engulfed him. Strafe and Lightspeed were on their biobeds too, then Nosecone followed, grumbling to himself but obeying.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Scout

Post by Scout »

Fort Max

Mirage finished cleaning his weapons and stood up. The spy was puzzled by the continuous sound of a ship engine running outside, and he went to check it out.

---------------

Ravine

Swoop flapped slowly, more out of habit than need. It was his thrusters that were keeping him in the air.

He neared Landfill and offered the basket to him, giving only a slight head nod so he didn't drop the tools.

Meanwhile, Spike and Sludge had begun a trek down stronger natural rock paths to get to the bottom.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Countdown's Shuttle

"Landing sequence complete", announced Countdown. The Micromaster stepped out of the cockpit and walked past Astra. He stood still for a moment and then turned to face the medic. "Keep up the good work, Astra. Brawn, Whirl, could one of you stay here with Astra till the medics arrive; she may require your assistance.” Countdown turned around and marched towards the exit.

Coutdown opened the hatch; In the distance, he could see someone coming towards him.
Aero Blade

Ghoul, Lake

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade didn't even have a chance to yelp before he found himself crashing into the water of the lake thanks to Roadbuster, having no clue where he now was aside frome someplace watery.

Due to his light flyer frame and a great bit of luck as far a directions, Aero Blade managed to flounder into shallow water before all of the trapped air in his body leaked out and he sunk. Exhausted and as disoriented as ever, Aero drug himself up onto the shore and promptly collaped onto his side, coughing a bit as his filters tried to clear themselves of water.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Ravine

Skids aproached Landfill, ready to help the targetmaster with the mining tools.

---

Fort Max, Hangar Bay

Slingshot shock his head.

" We're the Aerialbots, no cargo drones... " gruntled the nasty autobot.

Silverbolt just ignored him and stepped to Override.

" Well, if you open the shuttle's cargo bay, Superion can pick up the stasis pod. "

(ooc: are Fort Max's corridors big enough for Superion? )
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Max, Medbay

Chainclaw padded in slowly

"I heard you might need a paw , i've been getting some training as a field medic so i thought i could pop in a nd do the scut work so you lot could deal with the serious stuff."

Docking bay

Overdrive turned to Silverbolt

"let me just go play with the controls and open the hatch , i'm afraid one of you is going to have to disconnect it from the shuttles system before we can move the stasis pod."
Brave Maximus

Landing Near Fort Max

Post by Brave Maximus »

Daniel just looked at Chromedome for a minute:

"You're serious? Do we have a Black Pearl in service to?"

It was said with a joking manor. Things had been serious for quite a while, and something like the name of the ship hit Daniel's funny bone. It took him a moment to stop laughing before he responded to Ratchet.

"Roger that Ratchet. But, we'll need a CR Chamber ready to go for Trailbreaker when we get there."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

OOC @ BlueSkids: The city's corridors are more than big enough for Superion. :)

Medbay, Fort Max

"More than you know," Ratchet told Broadside. "Since Blitzwing seems to think that listening to medical advice is something other mechs do, I need someone to follow him around for a while. If he collapses into a pile of poorly-maintained parts, sweep him up and bring 'em back here."

Turning to Skyhammer, he said, "You can go with them if you'd like. Or if you'd rather, you can head out to the shuttlebay and give a hand there with the incoming wounded." The medic shook his head in disgust. "Must be raining bullets out there..."

Finally, he moved over to stand beside Strafe. "Trust me, it's better that we check you all. Whatever's infected Scattershot might have gotten you guys the last time you combined."

He glanced sidelong at Afterburner, then caught sight of Chainclaw. "Patch up his arms as best you can," he told the Pretender. "But if he gives you trouble, bite them off."

"Oh, we've got lots of those," he told Daniel. "Don't you worry."

Countdown's Shuttle

Whirl looked out the hatch, then shook his head.

"Something tells me the medics ain't gonna be coming any time soon," he said. "By the look'a things, this place got hit while we were bashing 'Titan to bits." He grunted. "And Metroplex is gone, too. Here's hopin' the 'Cons didn't make off with him again, after all the work we just did."

Lake

Getaway watched as Roadbuster pitched Aero Blade towards shore, snorting derisively.

Even I could have done better than that... he mused as he trudged along the bottom of the lake.