[Original RPG] End of the Line: Breakout (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Hallways, Fort Max

Dirge had been trying his best to avoid the immenent fight, but when Afterburner managed to grab him, Decepticon fighting instinct kicked in to defend himself. When the autobot tried to strike him, Dirge grabbed his fist and used the momentum to throw Afterburner away from him.

Ghoul, in flight

Sitting in his seat, waiting for the upcoming crash landing that they'd been warned of, Aero Blade was fidgetting. Having to go through another crash was bad enough, but knowing about it ahead of time wasn't improving the situation.

"How much longer before this fiasco?" Aero asked towards Getaway, some of his anxiety coming out sounding like irritation as he spoke towards the bot piloting the ship.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Fort Max
Prowl nodded silently and followed after Optimus and Ironhide while working through the details in his processor. His optics glanced at Grimlock as he walked out of the room.

Need for a psychiatrist. Hmmm.

Nearing his quarters, Mirage was taken aback by the sounds of fighting and commotion going on in the hall. He made himself invisible and went to check out the source of the noise.
Elcor
Protoform

Fort Max section 12, corridor B:

Post by Elcor »

Dirge's counter-action to Afterburner's attack succeeded... partially. Afterburner lost his grip on Seeker and flew to the nearby wall, but his left boot connected with Dirge's midsection, dealing a strong blow.

Then the wild Technobot crushed into a wall, maiming his outstretched left arm severely. Sparks flew from the point of impact and from inside the arm, where miomers tore and hydraulics snapped. Still, his fighting frenzy drove him up, and he jumped back to his foe, aiming an uppercut at him with his right hand.

"I'll destroy you all, you spying, thieving, filthy Decepticons!" - the Technobot screamed.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
DBF
Protoform

Fort Max Corridors

Post by DBF »

The Motorvators followed Override silently, all taking in Fortmax as they strolled along towards the Turbolift. Flame was particularly interested in all aspects of the city bot, and had to be dragged along at some points away from a particularly interesting facet of the construction.
Aero Blade

Hallways, Fort Max

Post by Aero Blade »

"I haven't done any of that!" Dirge responded to Afterburner after seething over his hurt chin for a moment to recover.It was quite obvious at this point he was dealing with a raging, unreasoning lunatic, and though he hadn't taken much damage so far aside from a few jarring hits, if this kept up he wasn't going to be in such good condition for long.

This time when Afterburner attacked, Dirge took the blow, then promptly responded with a strike of his own, swinging his fist towards the Technobot's head. Maybe if he could knock him out, he could end this without things getting any messier...
Elcor
Protoform

Fort Max, Section 12, Corridor B:

Post by Elcor »

Afterburner smiled happily when his uppercut connected with his enemy's head. Too late he saw Dirge's own strike; he tried to block it with the left arm, but broken servos refused to move it and he had a facefull of Seeker's punch.

The world shook before his sensors, but no irrepairable damage was dealt to Afterburner; he had a dent in his helmet, but that he could manage. Moreso, this gave him a new idea as he put his head down and lunged forward, as if trying to ram the Seeker.

Fort Max corridors:
A flying form swept above the Motorvators, turning sideways to make a turn the corridor made. Strafe, oblivious to danger, was intent to reach the place where Afterburner was before anybody else could interfere.

As Motorvators were still contemplating the twin lines of the exhaust, lumbering steps sounded from round the corner and Nosecone appeared. He was running as fast as he could. Not wanting to slow down or swerve at this speed, he attempted to make his way right through the group of Motorvators, believing they would surely make way...
DBF
Protoform

Fort Max Corridors

Post by DBF »

Lightspeed had heard Strafe first, and whilst Gripper and Flame were still contemplating the dissapearing Technobot, he had heard the pounding footsteps of another pursuer, Nosecone: Seeing his brothers were still too stunned by the flyer, he grabbed them both and shoved them out the way fast: saving them for sure, but leaving him opend for collision...
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Fort Max Corridors

( Thanks Verytired! :) )

Override turned back from a corner and yelled towards Strafe.

" You punk, first 'Swipe, now you!!! "

Then he saw the Motorvator Lightspeed quick movement, moving away his brothers from a new moving danger, but exposing himself to the aproaching Technobot.

" Oh, my precious paintjob will resent this, I know!!! " said Override while jumping towards Lightspeed, with the brave intention of separating the Motorvator from Nosecone's collision course; even if the triggerbot's finish and pulished steel skin were in serious danger of being scratched.

" I'm not a babysitter! " thought Override.

---

Fort Max MedBay

A CR Chamber opened, and Skydive emerged totally recharged and refuelled.

" Ah, I feel... new. I wonder if... "

But the Aerialbot second in command saw all the -new- commotion in the bay ( a nearly mad Scattershot, the techno Lightspeed calling for security... ).

" Ratchet!, what's happening? " he asked, almost yelling.
Aero Blade

Hallways, Fort Max

Post by Aero Blade »

As Afterburner charged for Dirge, he waited a moment and then side-stepped the Technobot, letting him pass the seeker instead of trying to stand his ground. Thanks to that bold move he'd just made, he'd also given Dirge a chance to attempt escape, and he immediately made for a hasty retreat from the crazed Autobot.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Hallways, Fort Max:

Nightbeat: -jogging towards B/12, singing under his breath- "The minstrel boy to the war is gone/In the ranks of death you’ll find him/His father's sword he hath girded on/And his wild harp slung behind him/"Land of Song" said the warrior bard/"Tho’ all the world betrays thee/One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard/One faithful harp shall praise thee"......." -pulling plasma blaster, setting it to stun, steps around corner, aims blaster at the ceilingpulls trigger, the sound of the blaster going off echoing loudly through the corridor, aims at Afterburner- "What's going on here?"

Bridge, Fort Max:

Fortress: -winces-

Grimlock: "What wrong?"

Fortress: "Wow, stun blasts sting......"

Shuttlebay, Fort Max:

Prime and Ironhide: -walk in-
MirageHoundFan
Protoform

Post by MirageHoundFan »

Medbay, Fort Max

"Gotcha, I'll fix him good as new right now" Wheeljack nodded, then before moving to Ward 12 in order to get to work on Jetwave, grabbing a med-kit on the way on noticing Lightspeed was handling the situation with Afterburner by himself.

"So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave" - Captain Mal Reynolds
Elcor
Protoform

Fort Max corridors:

Post by Elcor »

Afterburner bashed his head in the wall blindly as Dirge sidestepped. He was stunned but not willing to stop the fight – he had to kill that Decepticon! Nightbeat's interruption distracted him for a second and, as he looked around, he discovered that Dirge retreated to the end of the corridor.

"It's a Decepticon spy! Kill him!" - Afterburner screamed to Nightbeat, hoping she would realise whom she should be targetting; meanwhile he had drawn his own sonic blaster pistol from subspace and aimed it at the Seeker...

Strafe skirted the next turn of the corridor and there they were – Afterburner and Nightbeat, blasters in their hands, and Dirge, surprised and frightened, at the far wall with no intentions to fight back, obviously...

Strafe transformed and landed on his two feets, running toward the group.

"After', wait! Look for..."

his insignia – he was going to say, but suddenly he sprawled and fell flat, his words lost in a crash of impact. He believed he must've stumbled, because even if he felt like he tripped over something there clearly was nothing or nobody at the place where he fell...

Nosecone saw the commotion in the group of Motorvators, then – instead of giving way –Override stepped forward. He tried to avoid the imminent impact, but there wasn't enough time to do that... Nosecone and Override collided and fell to the floor in a heap of tangled limbs.

"What're you doing?! There's a fight going on there! Let go!" - Nosecone exclaimed, trying to stand up and failing, his legs still under Override's chest.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Fort Max, Corridors

" What am I doing? What are you doing?!? " exclamed Override raising a little, allowing Nosecone to free his trapped legs.

" Ah, look at my elbow! Do you see this scratch? ", said the triggerbot pointing at his elbow, showing a small and near imperceptible new scracth. " That ugly drill of yours ruined my paintjob! "

He send an offended glance towards the technobot but then Override looked around, discovering some pairs of optics staring at him. He raised quickly to his feet, trying to regain some lost dignity.

" Umph, very well... What's going on? " he asked seriously at Nosecone, trying to impress the Motorvators with his hardened-veteran-warrior-type attitude.
Elcor
Protoform

Fort Max corridors:

Post by Elcor »

"Not now! That fool Afterburner got a glitch in his circuits, he's gonna kill somebody - and now you can't let me deal with him! He and that trigerhappy fool Strafe must be at it even now... Can you estimate the carnage? Your puny scratch is nothing compared with that! Let me go!" - Nosecone, his legs free of Override's chest, stood up with his usual grumblings, then took his X-Ray pistol out of subspace...

"Now I intend to get there and sort it all myself!!!" - he added gloomily and walked towards the end of the corridor, gun in his hand.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Elcor
Protoform

Fort Max medbay:

Post by Elcor »

"Please calm down, Skydive - it's all under control now..." - Lightspeed answered, honestly hoping to himself that was true. Scattershot heard his words too and relaxed a bit, letting Ratchet finish his scans.

"Wheeljack," - Lightspeed commented - "can I help you with Jetwave?"

I'd better be busy with Jetwave's condition than just being here and getting on Scattershot's nerves...

"As I recall, he'd been severely damaged... No CR chamber will get him out of that without extensive surgery, that's for sure..."

It could happen that even surgery won't be enough... - he thought to himself, but didn't voiced his worst suspicions aloud.

"I'm not a medic but I can help you with analysis and all that stuff and possibly design of replacement parts..."
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
MirageHoundFan
Protoform

Post by MirageHoundFan »

Medbay, Fort Max

"Sure, I welcome the company" Wheeljack called back to Lightspeed as the engineer entered the area where Jetwave was "Many hands make light work as the humans say"

"So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave" - Captain Mal Reynolds
Elcor
Protoform

Fort Max Medbay - Ward 12

Post by Elcor »

"Thanks, Wheeljack" - Lightspeed replied, following Autobot inventor into the ward where Jetwave's remains were contained in stasis lock. "Being busy helps not to - OH HOLY PLASMA ENERGY CHAMBER!!!"

It was one thing to hear about Jetwave's condition, even to see his battered form in the desert and the other completely - to look at the pitiful wreckage heaped on the floor.

"This 'Bot needs not a surgery but a complete rebuilt, if you ask me!" - Lightspeed exclaimed. "Let me check what scanners say..." He turned to the consoles and requested Jetwave's system check - first overall, then detailed.

IDENTIFICATION: JETWAVE
TYPE: TRIPLE-CHANGER
OVERALL INTEGRITY: 09%
CURRENT STATUS: STASIS LOCK

INTEGRITY SCAN BY SYSTEMS
PERSONALITY CIRCUITRY 22%
CONTROL CIRCUITRY 04%
MEMORY BANKS INTACT
TRANSFORMATION COG DESTROYED
ENERGY PROCESSING UNIT DESTROYED
SERVOS 05%
SENSORS 09%
TRANSMITTERS 03%
WEAPON SYSTEMS 07%
PRIMARY GUNS DESTROYED
MIS/TORP LAUNCHERS 14%
ARMOR 01%

"See? His reactor is broken, his transformation cog too. He could be brought into consciousness again - his memory is intact and personality circuits are still salvageable... But without a reactor he'd need constant recharging and without a cog he won't be able to transform at all. Not to mention that all his circuits are in pieces..."
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Ravine

Skids aproached Landfill, while studying the surroundings.

" Well buddy, I think the best way to start with the mineral extract... "

Skids couldn't finish his sentence: he looked stunned Metroplex's departure. Then, when the citybot had dissapeared in the sky, he looked back at Landfill.

" You know, a flying citybot it's not an usual event to contemplate...Sometimes I forget the incredible size of him. But with Metroplex gone, I wonder if...

Skids raised his com-link and contacted with Prowl.

" Prowl, here Skids. Landfill and I are on the Ravine. We proceed with the mineral extraction? " He looked again at the Autobase. " Er, Prowl what's going on? " he asked.

---

Fort Max Med-Bay

Skydive, relaxed with Lightspeed's explanation, smiled at the technobot.

" Do you need help? " he asked.

Near, his fellows Aerialbots exited their respective CR Chamber and looked around, with a look on his optics similar at Skidive's one when he emerged from his repairs.
Elcor
Protoform

Fort Max medbay, Ward 12:

Post by Elcor »

"I don't think so..." - Lightspeed replied to Skydive, still looking dazedly at Jetwave's status report.

"I was going to offer my help to Wheeljack in repairing Jetwave... But now it seems nothing could be done here short of complete reformat. I'm not an engineer and neither are you - it's better to ask Wheeljack if we can be of help to him."
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Corridors, Fort Max:

Nightbeat: -stepping between Afterburner and Dirge, keeping his gun aimed at Afterburner- "Dirge switched sides. He's one of us now."