[Original RPG] End of the Line: Breakout (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Elcor
Protoform

Fort Max:

Post by Elcor »

Medbay:

"It can be true, Ratchet, but I think that Scattershot had a point too - if he'd been there, he could've stop that incident... whatever it was", - Lightspeed said, calming down...

Then he heard what Ratchet said over the intercomm and that angered him once again.

"What? You need no goons - I'll help you myself! Scattershot's my team commander, after all!"

Corridor B/12:

"Well it can surprise you, Mirage, but some of us been a bit busy lately in CR chambers", - Nosecone interrupted, because Afterburner was busy explaining himself to Grimlock and Strafe wasn't in a condition to do any talking.

"I, for myself, hadn't seen any memos. I'm not trying to defend Afterburner, but if I'd seen a Seeker in Fort Max corridor myself I'd rather believed him to be a spy than a defector, no matter what symbols he wears.

But - and you're right with it - I wouldn't have attacked him on the spot."

He looked at Mirage as if deciding what to say next.

"And about move it I'd say Big Grim here decides what's to be done with Afterburner... And me'n'Strafe here will do what he says, so you can have a walk. Help Dirge or Nightbeat or whoever... just don't stand here trying to look like a big menace - you aren't."

And, considering the talk done, Nosecone turned back to Afterburner and Grimlock.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Aero Blade

Ghoul

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade didn't want to move, not even to open his optics, not until he felt the nausiating sensation of continuous movement to stop. The crash had triggered the worst dizzy spell he'd had yet, and even as everyone else was getting things together, the disorrienting sensations still hadn't faded.

He couldn't spare any more time to wait, though, as he could already hear Getaway getting up, and the longer he sat there, the harder it'd be to leave the ship later if it sunk first. Wearily, Aero undid his seat restraints, began to stand, and openned his optics.

Bad idea. The room looked like it was spinning more than it felt like it was, forcing Aero to shut his optics again to regain some stability. He remembered the lay out of the ship though from when they entered, and easily recalled the info so that he could navigate his way out. However, he didn't get more than a couple of steps before taking a spill and tumbling to the floor, unable to keep himself oriented for even just the short distance.

It look the tech a long moment before he managed to right himself, but only managing a sitting possition on the floor, having difficulty with even that. It was just no use - the last crash had done him in - his equilibrium mechanisms simply refused to compensate anymore.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Spectre, Forest

Seaspray: "Aye, Sandstorm. And you have no idea how long it's been..."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Wraith

Overdrive having recieved the all clear from the automated docking system touched down in the shuttle bay.

~*~

Banshee

The Banshee screamed through the air locking onto the runway approaches it s rear wheels kissed the tarmac as it slowly came to a halt.
DBF
Protoform

Fort Max Corridors

Post by DBF »

Gripper arrived at the scene of devestation, and stood a little ways back from the three Technobots, Mirage and Grimlock as the scene played out. Much to his chagrin, his need for petty vengence would have to wait.
Flame and Lightspeed caught up after a while.
"Whats happening here then chief?" asked lightspeed of Gripper.
Gripper grunted "Looks like we're not then only ones ticked off buddy. Quieten down, we'll introduce ourselves after their done."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Shuttle Weehawken:

Prime: -nodding- "Everyone keep yours digits crossed." -lifts shuttle into the air, flies out of shuttlebay, setting course and gaining altitude for the Bikini Atol-

Corridor section B/12:

Grimlock: -optic band narrowing- "Whatever malfunction is, probably affect all Technobots."

Minerva: -helping Nightbeat to his feet-

Nightbeat: "Probably.... true." -wincing- "Might have spread through your connection as Computron."

Minerva: "Think you can stand on your own?"

Nightbeat: -nods, staggers a little when she lets him go-

Grimlock: -hearing Ratchet's communication, activates commlink- "Me not security chief. Me do have goons, on other hand. Send them down in couple of minutes." -looking at the three Technobots- "You three go to medbay. Otherwise Me eat you." -switches frequencies- "Snarl! Slag! Me say go to medbay. Ratchet have unstable patients. Want you two to..... pacify them...... if need be."

Minerva and Nightbeat: -heading for medbay-

Ghoul:

Roadbuster: -extricating himself from the heap, grabs the trophy- "Not up for a swim, Getaway?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Fort Max

"Thank you, Grimlock," Ratchet said, fighting to keep the exhasperation from showing in his voice. Switching off the comm, he turned to Lightspeed.

"Exactly why I need guards," he said in his most understanding tone. "Scattershot is your friend. I'm not going to ask you to do something that could put your friendship on the line if I can have someone else do the job instead."

Corridors, Fort Max

Snarl punched a hole in the wall as Grimlock's order came through.

I'm a Dinobot, not a nurse!

"Yeah, sure. Right away," he replied, stalking towards Medbay with a scowl on his face.

Ghoul

"It's not me I'm worried about," Getaway told Roadbuster. The Powermaster clamped a hand on Aero Blade's upper arm, trying to lead the obviously-woozy Autobot towards the door.

"There'll be time to clear out the cobwebs later," he said. "Come on!"
Aero Blade

Ghoul

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade might have been content just to sit on the floor for awhile longer, but Getaway was more than strong enough to pull the much lighter-framed tech to his feet and get him moving along with him. Aero kept his optics shut tight, but at least he didn't have to worry about what direction he was going, just to try to keep his feet moving without toppling, which was a bit easier with Getaway holding him.

"And you wondered why I didn't want to crash..." Aero muttered in his disoriented tone, trying to keep up with the Wrecker leading him.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Fort Max: Hall B-12
"Really? Ought to go back- it's clear the CR didn't finish."
Mirage arched an eyebrow, then narrowed his optics. After all, Nosecone had only less than a moment before asked him to take Afterburner to the medics. The quiet autobot was more than slightly put-off, but moreover in that instant, he decided that the lower class technotbot group was for the most part- more full of nuts than bolts. For a moment he was tempted to aim a well-placed shot across Nosecone's shoulder to make a point, but instead, the spy made himself invisible again. He pointedly bumped the barrel of his rifle lightly in a sweep across Nosecone's back as the Technobot turned away, and very deliberately said in a warning tone,
"Better watch your back."

He turned without making much of a sound and began heading toward his quarters. He noted Dirge, but at the moment, the spy didn't feel like having anything to do with the hapless turncoat.

---------------
Shuttle
Prowl looked up at Optimus with a puzzled expression. Had the leader meant the expression in the literal sense? If so, how would it be possible to direct the ship effectively?

His face betrayed a hint of a frown as he tried to reason through the phrase and direct the ship. Finally he murmurred, "Optimus, crossed digits slow reaction time significantly."
The strategist glanced up with the mild form of complaint (couched in logic of course) only momentarily before returning his attention to the maps and strategic layout of the atoll. It would not be long before they arrived, and he was certain the Decepticons would likely have arrived there first.
Elcor
Protoform

Fort Max:

Post by Elcor »

Corridor B/12:

Nosecone wasn't particularily pleased by the accusation of all Technobots of malfunctioning - he, himself, was in proper form after all - but he knew better than to argue with Grimlock.

Correction: with angry Grimlock.

"Now, now, guys", - he gently ushered Strafe and Afterburner along the corridor. "Move it. We're going back to medbay and see that everybody is treated properly".

Whether one likes it or not.

Strafe followed Nosecone's lead wordlessly. His brain circuits were still wondering over those images - burnt and molten Afterburner's hand, blown-up hole in Nightbeat's chest.

He knew these images would probably haunt him for all eternity...

Afterburner, on the other way, was walking and muttering something to himself.
Damn that thickheaded Dino... But he hadn't arrested me, so it must be that he shares my opinion? Or just too dumb for that... Doesn't matter, I know that everybody else are fooled, that Seeker cannot be trusted, he MUST be a spy and nobody else suspects him... I must be careful, must not show them I know... Perhaps I should even forget about that berserk Scattershot and help him to get his proper self back... And then, when all's in order, I'll place the data into his memory banks again... and he'll see, everybody will see that I was right... that Seeker was an enemy... and each and every enemy must be destroyed! Without mercy!! Utterly and completely!!! Nothing must be stopping us!!! And we shall be victorious!!!

These last words - a lithany of hate and power, of purpose needing fulfillment - weren't his own; it was what Nemesis Prime taught them on Aqua when implementing his "new thinking". But now these words were so inimical to Afterburner, so imprinted in his memory core that he'd sworn on them being his own.

Medbay:

Lightspeed helped Hosehead to put Scattershot back on biobed then turned to Ratchet again:

"You know a lot about the sick and wounded, Ratchet, but about friendship you're wrong. I believe that you'd do what's best for Scattershot, and I'd like to help you, if I can. But there are things that I'd rather do myself than let some Dino do!

I believe that Scattershot will understand that too", - he said, but suddenly these last words wern't sounding a perfect truth for him.

Will he? Will he indeed?

A purple swirl was floating inside his head.
Who am I?..
I...
am...
the leader...
...of Technobots -
one part of himself was telling him.
... of Autobots!!! - the other insisted.
... of everything there is!!! And nobody commands me!!! - - the third part raved furiously.

Where am I?

He thought he knew the answer:
Medbay. They were repairing him...

No.

They were trying to HEAL him!!!

And did I asked for healing???

No, he did not. He remembered it now... It all was happening again... No, it was happening now, he was on Paradron and they wanted to connect his brain to the brain of the hospital planet!!!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Scattershot's body started to bent and buckle on the biobed.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
DBF
Protoform

Corrdior B/12

Post by DBF »

Gripper watched the Technobots, Nightbeat and Minerva make their way to the Medbay. Flame tapped Gripper on the shoulder and Indicated Grimlock:
"You should introduce us sir; he seems to be highest ranking around here."
Gripper nodded, his quiet rage at being assaulted earlier messing with his decision making abilities. He stepped forward and offered his hand to the Dinobot commander.
"Hi There! We seem to have caught you at a bad time, but we do need to sign in with someone." He started, thinking from the looks of him, the dinobot wouldn't have or make time for the Motorvators.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Fort Max Corridors

Override reached the Motorvators when Gripper started to talk with an above-average bad-tempered Grimlock.

Trying to avoid a possible harsh answer from the dinobot, Override stepped at Gripper's side and started to talk.

" Yeah Grimlock " verified the triggerbot, " Cosmos found them trapped inside the rockies, then Red Alert sent me to help them to find a path to go to Autobase. They're searching an officer to report and receive their first orders. "

The triggerbot smiled at the Motorvators trying to show confidence, but deep inside Override knew that the Motorvators had chosen a very bad moment to introduce themselves.

---

Ravine

" Windcharger is not responding, Landfill " said Skids. " I'll try again. "

" Windcharger " radioed Skids, " are you near the Ravine?"

---

Fort Max Med Bay

The five Aerialbots were watching the Med Bay commotion with impotence, amusement, irony, sadness and without understanding the situation.

" So, it seems the Technobots have more problems than... " started Slingshot.

" Silence! " snapped Silverbolt, cutting Slingshot's phrase. " Team, move. Go outside " ordered the Aerialbot leader.

Reluctantly, the four Aerialbots left the Med Bay but Silverbolt stopped near the door. He tried to look at Ratchet's busy optics.

" Thanks " he said at Ratchet, leaving the Med Bay.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Ravine

"10-4 good buddy , maybe we should start digging ourselves. Although i'm not sure where to start."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Ravine

Skids send a friendly smile to Landfill.

" Ok then, you're right " he said stepping towards the targetmaster and switching off his comlink. " From the plans Hound gave me, the metal outcrop is in this direction... look, there it is! " said Skids pointing at a group of bushes, barely hiding a metal seam.

" Come on buddy, help me to move away these vegetal beings... we could try to plant them again later. "

And with that he began the clearence of the outcrop with his bare hands.

" Arr... some tools could be usefull for a mining work! " Skids reproached himself for his lack of foresight.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Ravine

Landfill helped Skids with the plants.

"you know who we need to help us good buddy and that's Scoop , he'd be ideal . I wonder how that mission of his is going?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Corridor Section B/12:

Grimlock: -looks over at the new arrivals, scowls- "Go to medbay, need to make sure you in good condition. Report to me when done. Me be on bridge." -stalks off towards the turbolifts-

Medbay, Fort Max:

Minerva: -strides into medbay-

Nightbeat: -follows her in, wincing, climbs onto a medtable-

Slag: -storms in, scowling-

Shuttle Weehawken:

Prime: -checking instruments- "So far, so good...."

(OOC: Next stop, Bikini)
DBF
Protoform

Corrdior B/12

Post by DBF »

Gripper watched Grimlock stomp off, and sighed almost inaudibly.
"Guess we'd better get a once over then boys," he said wearily. He turned to Override.
"This is a pretty loose ship you got here; new arrivals not checked in, warriors smacking seven shades of tin foil out of each other. You need the med bay as well?"
The last question was asked with a raised eyebrow, as gripper looked at the scratch on the trigger bots paintwork.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Corridors, section B/12

Override looked at Gripper with a startled face.

" You think I should go to the Medbay? " said the triggerbot unaware of the irony hided in Gripper's comment. " Yes, I'm going to the Med Bay. This way, please. "

And Override started to guide again the Motorvators, this time towards Fort Max Medbay. The triggerbot hide his scratch with one of his hands for if indiscreet optics were watching.

---

Ravine

" Yes, me too " commented Skids finishing with the plants. Then he touched the metal seam surface, and tried to extract a metal fragment with his hand. A small bit of metal fell to the ground.

" Landfill, you are the strongest. Can you try and start to remove with your hands the metal exterior layers? I'll call for more professional tools. "

Skids looked his small metal bit and engaged his commlink.

" Skids to Fort Max Bridge, Skids to Fort Max Bridge. We need tools for mining extraction. Fortress, can you send me anyone with some tools? Landfill and I are in the Ravine, extracting metal. Skids out. "

---

Fort Max, Outside

The Aerialbots gathered outside the Halls and looked to each other.

" Well Silverbolt " asked Air Raid, " we lost some fun on the Medbay.

" Yeah, sure " said Slingshot. " I bet this time the Technos are deactivated and... "

Silverbolt looked with a fierce flash of anger in his optics his two most irreverent soldiers.

" Shut up your vocal modulators, you two! " he snapped. " We have our own problems. Skydive! "

" Aye, sir? "

" Our last action as Superion wasn't as succesfull as I expected. In fact that monstruosity, Abominus, almost defeated us. I want to know why " Silverbolt asked, his voice recovering his usual calm.

Skydive, who wasn't unnerved by his team leader angry reaction ( because he understood as well as he the implications of a bad gestalt connectoion and performance ) thought for a nano-moment.

" Well, I think the main cause for our poor performance against Abominus was a poorly executed and highly uneffective series of attacks. As Superion, we have less firepower than in our separate forms, but we're one of the most stronger gestalts. I believe that if we want to prevale against the enemy gestalts, we must focus into the close combat fight. "

Silverbolt nodded.

" Well then, right now we don't have orders so we're going to train our gestalt form close-quarter skil. Aerialbots, join with me and form Superion! "

The five Aerialbots merged together and Superion, with his face and body totally repaired, was formed once again.

" SUPERION READY " he said to noone in particular.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Ghoul

"Does anyone ever want to crash?" Getaway asked Aero Blade rhetorically.

Reaching the shuttle's hatch, the Powermaster keyed in the 'open' sequence, and the door started to retract.

"Do you think you can fly yourself to safety?" he asked Aero. "You don't look like you're up for a swim..."

Medbay, Fort Max

Ratchet wasn't quite sure how to respond to Lightspeed's speech...not in light of why he really wanted the Dinobots around.

It's not what you'll do that worries me, kid...

However, he didn't have time to think of a response before Scattershot started to convulse.

"You want to help him?" he asked Lightspeed. "Then gently hold him down until the seizure stops. We don't want him to damage himself."

As the Aerialbots left, the doctor waved to them idly; he didn't have time for lengthy "you're welcome"s when he had a patient and no clear idea of what was wrong with him.

At that moment, Snarl arrived. Seeing Slag already there, he scowled. "What did we do to make the boss mad?"

Hangar Bay Three, Fort Max

The Flamberge touched down lightly.

Hot Rod rose from his chair and punched the intercom.

"Tracks, could you stay with our...guest until help arrives? I'm going to head up to the bridge and talk to the bosses."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Max Shuttle bay aboard Wraith

Overdrive opened a com link

"I need a medic in here quick i've got a Metroshot drone on ice but once the engines spool down I've only got enough juice for an hours stasis by the looks of things. Over"