[Original RPG] Cybertron: Dark Designs

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Vector Sigma

Oiler gave the toolkit a glance.

"Maybe," he said. "Can you bring it over here?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Vector Sigma

Doublecross moved slowly over to the micromasters position and lowered Derby to the floor before handing over the toolkit

"here it isssssss."
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Vector Sigma

Derby simply laid on the floor where Doublecross laid him, his optics fading on and off along with his consciousness. The holes where his left arm and right leg had been blasted off were finally finished leaking, but the frayed wires, broken servos, and blast marks all across his body showed he needed quite a bit of work.

The toolkit had been a bit mangled, having been in Derby's leg when it was shot off, but most of the tools within were still functional. It was a standard medical compliment, although a bit out of date and shortstocked: laser scalpels, an arc welder, a soldering laser, multiscanners, emergency fluids (the vials had been broken and they'd spilled in the damage), a 100 kV defibrilator attached to the box's power supply, and probes that fed data to the monitors on the inside of the box's lid.

Iacon: Underlevels

The Overcharges continued along the stairwell, flanking Deliberata and keeping their optics wary for other dangers. The state of the decaying stairs was of little concern, especially when they reached the top unscathed. They jogged along after the Judge, the rear Overcharge turning and jogging backward to make sure the rear was covered. He saw the Stormtroopers keeping up, but he was not bothered by them.

Iacon: Scholastic Directorate Suite

Genome hummed with interest.

"How peculiar. Polyhex is calling to confirm we sent a unit to assist with their riot control problem."

Gnosis turned from his work with a confused and enraged frown. "What! I ordered no such thing!"

The door at the end of the room whisked open, and Jhartix stepped in with his Allicon guard waiting in the hall. "I did."

Gnosis turned to Jhartix with his confusion turning to full fury. "Jhartix! Who authorized you to do so?! I certainly did not!"

Jhartix levitated toward Gnosis with a serious expression. "It was necessary. Ghyrik doesn't take you seriously, and I knew you were busy here. I thought I'd save you the trouble."

Gnosis turned his head a few degrees and squinted at his comrade. A moment of suspicion vanished in probability: Is he planning something? No... He's mindless. He's just a good-natured old fool.

"Very well," Gnosis hissed, turning back to his work. "Confirm their request, Genome."

Genome did so without antipathy for Gnosis' contempt. Though he'd pretended to be too absorbed in his research to notice the exchange, Inquirata silently wished he'd thought of that...

CES Facility

Axer watched Thunderclash disappear with slowly increasing loathing. It was mostly for himself; he knew that he had a terrible choice to make, and he moreover knew that he was too much a coward to make the decision he'd wanted. Figuring the CES had already spotted him, he raised his hands in the air as much as he could.

"Don't shoot! I surrender!"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Tunnels, Polyhex

"You would be surprised," Bomb-Burst told Breaker. "What I remember."

With a shrug, the Pretender moved a bit deeper into the shadows.

"Lead on."

Castle Darkmount, Polyhex

Sentinel didn't acknowledge Spitz' cooperation at all, until the confirmation from the Scholastic Directorate came through a few minutes later.

"You may proceed," he told the construct. "Tune your transponder to 1647.4 so the rest of the military units in the city know that you have been cleared."

The Dark Guardian grunted.

"Good hunting."

Underlevels, Iacon

Deliberata hovered through the tunnel exit and quickly moved up the loading ramp of his waiting transport.

"Warm up the engine," he told the Allicon pilot cravenly. "When you're ready to move, go. Don't wait for the others to catch up."
Brave Maximus

Entrance to Vector Sigma

Post by Brave Maximus »

Thunderclash rolled up near Ginrai - he was oozing Mech fluid from the holes in his body:

"Ginrai, we've got to go back!"

He transformed in a slow and painful manor, managing to keep on his feet, but barely.

"We've still got a man back there!"
verytired

The Depths

Post by verytired »

As he saw the Judge enter the transport with the flanking overcharge units, Eiramnna was really glad they had brought their bikes. Then he thought of his battered and bruised self actually driving one, and he went cold.
"Haras" he whispered, "Haras, we already owe the price of two bikes, we can't afford a third even after what this is gonna pay us: you've got to get me on that Transport!"
Haras double timed it to the transport, doubtful he would make it in time: stranded here with a bunch of overcharge units and a wounded brother, didn't bare thinking about...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Vector Sigma

The Micromasters took the toolkit and began to work over Derby's body.

"It probably wouldn't be a good idea to stick around," Oiler said to Doublecross. "Can we move him?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Vector Sigma

Cross nodded slowly

"yessss we moved him all the way from the CES faculty and it doesssn't ssssseem to have made him worsssse."

Double nodded in turn

"yess he's survived this far, if he's gonna make it a little movement won't hurt."

Cross looked concerned

"I'm worried he won't make it . He wassss a good friend and ally."

Double looked grim

"He issss not wasss do not give up hope yet. These mechs may be his salvation. But if he lives or dies we will have our vengeance. BBC toyed with us then shot him , played us like puppets on a sstring."

Cross growled baring his fangs.

"wee ssssshall be avenged maybe not today maybe not tommorrow but sssssome day soon , not in an open fight , he has the strength of Prime but none of the mercy or compassion. But in some dark alley or some bar, a girder will give way, a floor plate will be russsted way , a vial of energon will have an extra ssspecial ingredient. if nothing as a thief we have learned patience.."

Double coughed.

"supply proccurer."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Castle Darkmount, Polyhex

It will be.
The triple changer changed his radio to 1647.4 as directed and stalked his way through the sparse population of Cybertronians along the streets as he neared Castle Darkmount. His business had little to do with what lay inside though, so instead, he transformed and began flying in jet form above the streets in a methodic search pattern, watching and listening for anything that might signal rebels.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Vector Sigma

Derby returned to painful woozy consciousness at the sound of a truck engine thundering somewhere nearby in the labyrinth of ancient tunnels. His optics rolled up at Oiler, and he forced a grin.

"Th-thanks..." was all he could moan before passing out again.

OCL dashed aboard the transport readily - he still needed to protect the Judge - but the other Overcharges stopped at the bottom of the boarding ramp and panned their weapons about in sentry mode. They did not resent being left behind to cover the ship's retreat: the objective mattered more than any threat to their survival.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Ginrai looked down at the nearly mangled Thunderclash, and his optics dimmed.

"Axer. He never COULD keep himself out of trouble."

He stood silent for a moment, then...

"WE... aren't going anywhere. I'll go after Axer myself. But first..."

Ginrai crouched down beside Thunderclash, examining his injuries. He was no medic, but the powers he posessed were more useful than simply for combat. Taking ahold of Thunderclash's right arm, his optics dimmed further, and he began to pour masterforce energy into the horribly damaged Turbomaster.

" I need you to go into shut-down. With any luck, you'll wake up like new. But this will only work if the energy is free to roam across your systems. "

Rising to his feet, he started back toward the tunnel labyrinthe, when his sensors picked up an all too familiar signal.

"Derby!"

Ginrai immedieately shifted into his vehicle mode, roaring down the hallway until in his headlights, he could see his friend... doublecross... and a group of micromasters as well.

Again he transformed, returning to his robot mode, and slowly he approached the group.

" Before any of you do anything... Let me try something. Thunderclash is down near the elevator platform, and I tried this on him. if it works... he'll likely have a far better chance of surviving. But I need to do it NOW."

Ginrai's right hand glowed softly with a yellow-ish white light.

"I need you here, Derby... It's my fault you're like this. I need to make this right."
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Vector Sigma

"If you want to make this right, get the slag out of the way," Roadburner grunted. "We're trying to do a job here."

Oiler looked up at Ginrai. "Forgive him. We've been on our own for a while. Our social graces seem to have corroded over."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"It's alright..." Ginrai replied, then looked over at Roadburner

"If this works, his systems will be able to repair themselves without ANY external aid... you see... Iwield a sort of energy that allows me to regenerate. far faster than any normal transformer. and I don't mean just system repairs. I mean physically regenerate. I could lose my arm, and I would be able to channel this energy to create a new one.. already attached and linked into my systems. I'm thinking that it might be possible to at least lend a small portion of that power to Derby... as well as Thunderclash. "
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Underlevels, Iacon

As Deliberata settled into the specially-built judge's seat in the front compartment of the transport, the vehicle started to slowly roll forward. The magistrate noted that Haras and Eiramnna hadn't boarded yet, but wasn't particularly bothered either way. They were only soldiers, after all...he could always find new ones.

As the vehicle crawled forward, slowly accelerating, the boarding ramp started to roll up.
verytired

Underlevels, Iacon

Post by verytired »

Haras was almost relieved with how close he'd got when the transport started rolling away. He tried putting on extra speed, but was too exhausted to put any more effort into it. The Transport began to pick up speed, and the distance was no longer closing: Haras had to improvise. He stopped, picked up Eiramnna and threw him as hard as he could to the transport doors. Eiramnna, partially dazed before, was startled as he landed with a thud on the edge of the door, and began crawling in. He stopped at the edge, and smiled up at the Judge in a sarcastic manner.
"All present and correct my Liege: permission to be relieved?"

Haras began the walk back to the bikes.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Kalis, resistance HQ

Gunrunner slowly aproached to Cobalt, with an uneasy annd sudden feeling of increase the distance between him and BBC.

" So, what are we gonna do now? "
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Heading Towards Polyhex:

Maelstrom: "I still can't believe somebody would kill the Imperial Magistrate."

Cenotaph: -shrugs- "I still can't believe they called us back for it."

Malstrom: "You have a point, there." -scowls- "Unusual times call for unusual methods, gentlemen. Any suggestions?"

Deathbringer: "Blow up everybody?"

Terminus: -shakes head no-

Pyre: "Keep the peaccccce. This is unpressscedented in Quint sssssociety. There could be...... chaosssssss."

Maelstrom: -nods- "Good suggestion, Pyre. You get the gold star."
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Vector Sigma

Derby remained motionless and unconscious, though his body seemed to gravitate slightly toward Ginrai's radiating energies.

OCL raised his gun reflexively at the sound of a body crashing aboard, but he stopped when he identified Eiramnna.

On the ground, the remaining Overcharges barely glanced at Haras before transforming to tank mode and rumbling back toward the surface. Their mission was complete.

CES Facility Ruins

Axer lowered his hands slowly when he realized the CES were leaving. He paused a moment before sighing heavily, both in relief that those walking holocausts hadn't seen him and in despair that he still didn't know how to get out of his trouble. Suddenly, he was zapped in the back, and Axer turned his head and shoulders to find three Gatekeepers glaring down at him with their prods at the ready.

"Up," one growled.

Axer raised his hands again to show his state. "Hey guys, I'm not quite a racecar at the moment."

The lead Gatekeeper kept its glare on him and began clicking its prod to kill power, prompting Axer's optics to go wide and his arms to flail pleadingly.

"Okay okay, but if you get me outta here I can help you."

"We do not need help from constructs," the Gatekeeper snarled.

"Galvatron!" Axer shouted in a hurry. "Yeah, Galvatron! Okay? Take me to your boss and we'll make a deal."

The Gatekeeper's glare did not shift, but its thumb did to return the weapon to stun power. It turned and nodded the other Gatekeepers toward Axer, and the three of them began digging at the Action Master's prison while Axer thought of how he hated having to do this.
Aero Blade

Polyhex - Underground Tunnel System

Post by Aero Blade »

As the group continued their deep subterranian exploration, Breaker kept leading them further and further down, though it was truely hard to tell what directions they were heading in the depths. Most of the tunnels showed continually progressing signs of decay and instability, but Breaker tended to ignore most of it, up until they reached a certain area.

It was a particularly bad spot, and Breaker had paused to look around, for the first time seeming a tad dissoriented. Not all of the debris had quite settled in the area, a sign that a recient cave-in had probably occured, and caused Breaker's momentary loss of direction. It was restored quickly it seemed, and Breaker began busying himself with clearing away the rubble.

"Help me," Breaker spoke, in everyone's direction this time, once again breaking the silence he usually kept with the group. There was one gigantic piece of debris that was far too big for any one bot to move, and weapon's fire in an area with this degree of deterioration would probably bring the enitre tunnel down on them. Already Breaker was putting his shoulder against it, trying to get some leverage to move it aside, but making no progresson his own.

The Military Patrol team for the moment, though, made no moves to assist. Growl and Dropshot looked as though the might, but they were watching Bombshock, and for the moment he seemed as though he had no intention of doing anything but stand there with his arms crossed. The Millitary Patrol team all had immense strength, and they themselves could probably move the debris with some difficulty, but Bombshock was the leader, and if he didn't give the okay, the the others wouldn't be making any moves either.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Underlevels, Iacon

Deliberata stared at Eiramnna for a moment before replying.

"You may stand down," he told the trooper. He was either blind to his sarcasm or, more likely, thought the soldier so far beneath him that he wasn't worth his time.

The transport rumbled on, heading back to the palace.

Resistance HQ, Kalis

"I have absolutely no idea," Cobalt admitted to Gunrunner. "I hadn't expected to survive this last raid, to be honest."

Tunnels, Polyhex

Bomb-Burst appeared from the shadows behind Breaker like a wraith out of the mists. Needlenose nearly jumped out of his exostructure, the Pretender's appearence shocked him so much.

Striding up to the obstructing block of junk, he placed a hand on it for a few seconds. As his corrosive sweat started to seep into the debris, the area under his palm started to smoke and hiss.

"I can burn us a path through," he said. "It will take. A long time. But it can be done."

He turned his head, his golden optics taking in Bombshock and his patrol, and then the other refugees as a group.

"But if I have to. I will need to refuel the shell. And the only victims I see. Are you. So it would be in your best interest. To help Breaker move the debris quickly. Don't you think?"

For his part, Needlenose practically tripped over himself rushing to Breaker's side and pitching in. The Targetmaster pushed against the block with all his might, but the debris still stubbornly refused to move.