[Original RPG] End of the Line: Turnabout (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Observatory, Metroplex:

Prime: -slightly startled as Squeezeplay walks in, the ex-Decepticon's entrance interrupting his brooding- "Greetings, Squeezeplay. How are you liking it here so far?"

Medbay, Metroplex:

Fixit: -finishes installing the drill in Ironhide's forearm- "All right, give it a shot."

Ironhide: -drillbit retracts into the housing smoothly, housing retracts smoothly into his forearm- "You two done pokin' an' proddin' me?"

Minerva: "Almost. We need to finish recalibrating a few things."

Ironhide: -sighs- "Ain't that always th' way....."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Observatory, Metroplex

Squeezeplay nearly jumped out of his exostructure at the sound of Prime's voice. His first instinct was to switch to crab mode and throw himself at the Autobot leader, but with an effort the Headmaster forced down the ingrained reaction.

"I...uh...I'm sorry, I didn't see you here." After taking a moment to recover his composure, the ex-Decepticon gave his best nonchalant shrug.

"It's...different," he said softly. "Different from a Decepticon base, and different from what I expected."
Bombshell

OOC: Sorry. Forgot about this thread.

Post by Bombshell »

Med Bay - Metroplex (I think)

Big Daddy radioed First Aid. "Need any assistance?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Observatory, Metroplex:

Prime: -nods- "In time, if you wish to stay, it won't feel so alien to you." -looks back out of the window, gaze sweeping the landscape- "The view from here is beautiful........ Unfortunately, a beautiful view, while calming to the spark, does not help solve a troubling issue." -optics narrow, more from an idea forming than anything- "What do you know about the Reflector team?"

Medbay, Metroplex:

Minerva: -nods, deactivating her scanner- "Everything checks out, Ironhide. Your overhaul and upgrade is complete."

Fixit: "Try not to blow that turbo assembly. Your engine compartment's smaller than my quarters."

Ironhide: -sits up, gets off the table- "Ah don't feel that differ'nt."

Minerva: -shrugs- "The engine is the biggest. The rest is just a matter of tweaking a few things."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Fort Max: Security: Briefing room
With Prowl's back turned and his attention on Sideswipe's reply, Hound gave Skids a very brief, friendly clasp on the shoulder as he walked past him to gather the items, but remained visually silent. Internally though, was another matter.
"Hiya Skids. Gonna be another of those days up here. Got some good news for you, might lighten the atmosphere. Dirge ought to be returning shortly with topographical maps of the ravine. He will download them when he returns. Few reflecting disks in the right area and the city sonars ought to be able to keep a better watch on it."

------------
Airfield
Blitzwing had noticed the scout's abrupt and rather hasty return. Moreover, he noted Dirge's absence, and the departure of the dinobot and then the two jets in the direction that the seeker and scout had originally gone.

Dirge must have taken the opportunity to attack or escape. Hmmm. I could follow, but I should stay here to guard. Do the Autobots trust me with orders, or am I wasting my time and Energon? Would they dare to set me up? Show me their defensive weakness if they did not? Or are they just being trusting as the weak offensive beings they are?
He folded his arms, grumbling to himself as he tried to sort out the happenings.

As he stood pondering, he saw Sludge emerge from Max's entrance and change to dino mode. The size of the Autobot never failed to impress the triple-changer, and he stared at the slow-moving transformer as he moved away over the airfield.
------------
Ravine
"Dogfight can fly if he can keep up! *squawk*" Called Swoop as he glided out over the ravine and did a dive roll, swinging upwards and banking sharply to help in gaining altitude.
"Come now! We go back to base! We race."

-------------
Observatory, Metroplex
Mirage stopped dead in his tracks and silently swung out his rifle as Squeezeplay approached the observatory. Taking the opportunity to close the distance as the doors began to shut, Mirage crept up and hunched down next to the door - just beyond an inch of the opening mechanism's range, rifle cocked, listening intently. He frowned as he heard Optimus' voice, but the reply from the Decepticon was not aggressive.
He waited and listened.
--------------
Med Bay - Metroplex
First Aid set down the last of the components that he was working on to answer his radio. "Thanks for the offer Big Daddy, but I think we're just about finished here. I was thinking and just about to say to Wheeljack though, that it might be a good thing to develop and build a test driving course around the base perimeter. It would be something to test out new parts on, as well as driving skills - without endangering the humans on their roads. It'd have to be okayed with Optimus or security though. What do you think?"
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Metroplex Medbay

Sideswipe's slow response was to be expected. No one had told him Sunstreaker funcationing again, let alone kept him up to date on what was going on. He started with disbelief.

"Prowl, I don't know what energon you've been taking in but I watched that shuttle explode." He said the last part bitterly, not fitting of the usually fun-loving Autobot. "And it's not like you to pull slagged-up jokes like this."
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Scout

Post by Scout »

Much out of character, Prowl hesitated. Emotional responses were not ones that he preffered dealing with, but Sideswipe's response was expected. Many times the strategist had had to deliver unfavorable or sad news, and now he was caught between his responsibility and emotion. He tried his best to adjust.

"Sunstreaker is alive, and functional, Sideswipe."
He paused, choosing not to add the words 'for now'.

"We have direct evidence of his physical well-being. But he has either been taken by the Decepticons or is working with them. You are aware of the very serious nature of the crimes that he has committed against the Autobots and against the humans as well."

Prowl paused again. Job responsibility did not always mean that the emotions that he was capable of hiding did not exist, and they stirred at the brink of the autobot's thoughts. It had been easier to put distance between the minibots and the warrior, but Prowl knew how close the twins were- like light and dark. As much trouble as Sunstreaker had caused, Prowl found it difficult to explain what needed to be done. Sunstreaker had been a teammate, if not a friend. The strategist had trusted him with the welfare of other Autobots, as well as his own back, and now he was forced to try and separate emotion and action.

I cannot lose both, but neither can the Autobots allow this to continue.

"Sideswipe, if he is alive, the threat of his actions and potential relations with the Decepticons must be negated. A team has already been organized. *Prowl's voice tone lowered* Your presence and influence may be the only factor that his surrender and survival depends upon, but if you accept and join them, you must not interfere with termination if he becomes an imminent danger to the others. If he is returned here without further incident, he will stand medical examination and a fair trial. Pending the outcome, he may possibly rejoin our ranks. My... expectation... is for the latter."

After a last pause, Prowl asked quietly and firmly, "Will you accept this mission?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Metroplex Medbay

a door whirred open and Landfill exited from a CR chamber.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Fort Max, Hangar

Powerglide, Pipes, and Glyph walked into the hangar, looking for Sky Lynx. "Okay," Pipes chirped in, "where's Big Bird?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Landing Pad 4, Metroplex:

Sky Lynx: -still battered, scorched, and dinged from his last mission, but fully recharged, activates commlink- "I say, Pipes, any idea when we're starting this mission?"

Exterior, Metroplex:

Ironhide: -other than feeling a slight tightness in his myomer bundles, still not feeling any different, transforms, revs engine- "Awlrahght, let's see how this works....." -shifts into gear, engine revving, turbos keening, tires screaming, roars forward, manages to stop before slamming into Fort Max- "Woah....." -transforms- "Ah....." -looks back, sees the still smoking rubber from the tread he burned off leading in a straight line back across the ground between Metroplex in the distance, and where he's standing now- "Aw, that ain't rahght....."
Aero Blade

Ravine

Post by Aero Blade »

Dirge did his best to keep up with Swoop after his sudden take off and flying manuvers. He just hoped he didn't get too low on fuel trying to keep up with the dinobot's flight antics.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Observatory, Metroplex

Squeezeplay could only shrug slightly.

"Honestly, I only know that they creep me out," he said, frightened by the intensity of the Autobot leader's gaze. "They don't mix with the regular troops much, and I never really drew any Intel assignments with them. They were in Gigs' good books last I saw, though."

The Headmaster tried to settle into a more comfortable position, leaning back against a support beam.

"If I can ask...why do you need to know about them?"

Outside Fort Max

Smokescreen strode down the ramp to find Ironhide staring at his own smoking tire tracks. The red and blue Autobot couldn't help but smiling as he walked up to the security officer.

"Something tells me you're going to need some high-speed driving lessons," he said lightly.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Exterior, Fort Max:

Ironhide: -nods- "Or a aero-dynamics overhaul....."

Observatory, Metroplex:

Prime: "It's the way Spectro is acting. Almost as if his mind isn't complete. Trauma might explain it, but they moved him to the brig after repairing the only damage to him they could find."
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Ravine

" A race? " said Dogfight. " That's cool, Swoop. I'll win, of course! " joked the triggerbot while accelerating and pursuing the dinobot.

---

Autobase

Override stopped, back in his robot mode. Looking up, he saw Dogfight in race with Swoop, and with a sigh he turned back and headed towards Metroplex.

" I've discovered an ugly scratch in my frontal paintjob. Better I'll go to the medbay and polish myself a little, " thought Override.

---

Security Wing, Brifeing Room

Skids smiled at Hound.

" Good luck in your mission pal ", he said.
MirageHoundFan
Protoform

Post by MirageHoundFan »

Landing Pad Four

"You can try and borrow them only if you can catch me, slow-poke" Catilla called back with a smirk, still teasing the bear Pretender as the sabre-tooth ran towards the perimeter defenses.

Fort Max: Medbay

"What, specially made ones that follow me around and clean up the aftermaths of my weapon testing experiments" Wheeljack replied with a chuckle as he idly looked the younger medic up and down.

"So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave" - Captain Mal Reynolds
Sociopathic Autobot

Metroplex: Medbay

If it was a joke, it was cruel and out of character for the Autobot logic-man.

"How can he be functioning?!" Sideswipe asked, almost angry with Prowl for telling him. "The ship exploded. It wasn't a laser-shot, it wasn't close-combat wounds. He disintigrated in the upper atmosphere!"

He couldn't believe that he was alive, let-alone working with the Decepticons willingly as Prowl had insinuated. He slammed his fist into the medbay wall startling Windcharger who stood next to him.

"Listen, tell me what proof you have this is Sunstreaker. I'll go either way to slam this imposter into the ground, because it is an imposter." It has to be Sideswipe thought afterwards.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Prowl closed off the emotions that hung dangerously in his own voice. There could be no doubt, no questions for direct orders, and he didn't have logical answers to give Sideswipe. With his own wonderings about Sunstreaker's survival, he quickly shut down to a simple "obey or don't" thought process.

"I don't have answers for you Sideswipe. I only have orders. That is why the team is being dispatched, and those orders will be carried out with- or without- your participation. They leave in two Earth minutes from Launch pad 4."

Hound nodded in response to Skids with a faint smile, but there was no joy in his expression. He heard a sudden bang and the change in Prowl's demeanor cued him that it was time to leave, even before he heard the two-minute remark. Over his internal radio, he relayed one last message.
"Thanks. Tell Prowl for me, Skids."
Adding silently to himself, It'll improve his temper.
Then Hound backed up smoothly with a couple steps and exited, heading rapidly for Sky Lynx.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Observatory, Metroplex

Squeezeplay thought for a moment before replying to Prime's statement.

"Well..." he said at last. "I'm no engineer, so I don't know how they're built. But I kinda got the impression that the three of them are connected somehow. And, well...if I was here and Lokos," the Headmaster tapped his head for effect, "was on the Nemesis, I don't think I'd be able to think straight, either."

Outside Fort Max

Smokescreen shook his head.

"Oh, no you don't," he said, his face an ultra-serious mask as he spoke to Ironhide. "If you go and get a new, sleeker body, you'll ruin the fun for all the young punks who call you an old goat."

The mask cracked a bit, and the left corner of his mouth started to curve upwards a bit.

"Do you realize how much more work I'd have if those kids didn't have you to make fun of? I'd spend so much time counselling the brats that I wouldn't be able to get any real work done!"

Despite all his training, the Autobots' resident psych expert couldn't help but break out laughing.
Sociopathic Autobot

Metroplex Med-Bay
Sideswipe shook his head with a frustrated half-grunt/half-sigh. He then ran out of the medbay without another word and transformed speeding down the tight Metroplex corridor not paying much attention to the other Autobots who had to move quickly to get out of his way. He had to get to Launch Pad 4 and he had about a minute and a half to get there.

Outside
Sideswipe flew down the ramp as fast as the rubber tires could carry him. Lanuch pad 4 he thought quickly as he scanned his updated layout for Autobase. He quickly swung himself around and started driving in the opposite direction towards the shuttle in the distance. He'd be there before they took off, and if they did try and take off without him, well, he'd get on either way.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Outside
Hound was making his way towards the far form of Sky Lynx when he heard the distant rev of an engine and humming of tires against the topped airfield pavement. He immediately recognized the sound as one of the faster autobots, and checked his mirrors to make sure that there was room enough around himself to avoid a collision if the engine's owner should happen to swing 'round the citybot toward him.

Only a moment passed before he realized the engine belonged to Sideswipe, who was quite nearly flying.

Must've changed his mind. Hound thought to himself as he continued driving towards the pad.
------------

Prowl set down the communicator and folded his arms as he studied the maps, lost in thought.
Sunstreaker was a major concern for him, but not his primary worry. Inadvertently, Prowl clentched and ground his teeth together. Probablilities were adding up for the strategist, and none of them seemed to amount to anything positive.