[Original RPG] End of the Line: Turnabout (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Mess Hall, Fort Max

Smokescreen watched Repugnus leave with a carefully-schooled deadpan expression on his face.

Somehow, I don't feel a whole lot better about his loyalties than I did when I started...

"Me?" he said to Air Raid. "I'm off-duty, I suppose. I'm certainly not up to anything as exciting as what you guys have been doing. Trypticon, eh?"

The diversionary tactician was interested in what the team had discovered, but reasoned that he would have time to find that out later.

"I notice Silverbolt isn't with you guys," he said. "What's the big guy up to?"
verytired

Fort Max, Messhall

Post by verytired »

Cosmos watched repugnus leave the Hall.
Nasty piece of work he thought, and slowly backed away from the others: he wasn't up to company and retired to a table with his drink and snax.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Fort Max, Mess Halls

Air Raid smiled.

" Off duty, eh? " he replied to Smockscreen. " Silverbolt is in Fort Max bridge, reporting directly to Grimlock, I think. Old 'bolt seemed a little dissapointed about the mission's result, but he - and we - did our best. I can assure you. "

Skydive aproached and joined them, nodding to Smockescreen.

" So, do you know about the new recruit?" continued Air Raid. "I mean Dirge. Is he ok? "

---

Autobase Airspace

Dogfight detected Dirge and Swoop ahead of him, prowling the skies.

" That's funny Override " said Dogfight via-comm channel to Override. " First Blitzwing, then Squezzeplay and now Dirge. What do you reckon, old buddy? "

Override was rolling at full speed, following the smoke trail of his friend's jets.

" Well, if all the ex-deceps are like Catilla, I'm glad we've reinforcments in our ranks. "

Dogfgiht, instead of replying at his friend, rolled in the air turning his nosecone towards the ravine. He engaged again his afterburners and with a whoosh, he flew fastly towards Dirge and Swoop.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Metroplex:

Minerva: -finishes working on the myomer bundles, starts working on the chemical sprayer system-

Fixit: -finishes pulling the crumpled housing off of the drill- "Wow. This motor is completely slagged......."

Bridge, Fort Max:

Grimlock: -shakes head- "You not fail, Silverbolt. They just more patient."

Fortress: "It would appear that their shields are inefficient. The power output indicates that once they put them up, they don't have anything left to power the weapons."

Grimlock: -sighs- "Which mean that they bluffing. Personal level Me understand. Something size of Trypticon, not something Decepticons do. See? Silverbolt learn something after all."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Mess Hall

Smokescreen nodded casually.

"I think we can trust him, Air Raid. Dirge has been through a lot, but he seems to be genuine in his desire to leave the Decepticon ways behind him. I'm not sure if he'll fight for our side either, but I don't think you've got to watch your back when he's in the room."

The red and blue Autobot stood up a bit straighter; Air Raid's question had inadvertently reminded him of why he had been here in the first place.

I'll stick around for a few minutes more, but then I'll have to check a few more names off my suspect list...
verytired

Fort Max, Messhall

Post by verytired »

Cosmos continued drinking his oil and finished the snax. His nerves meant he had consumed more than he'd really wanted, but he didn't really notice. Smokescreen was polite enough, but Cosmos couldn't shake the feeling that he was just being polite and felt the same way Repugnus did: that he was of little use here.
Cosmos stared in to the oil pool at the bottom of his cup. His recent adventures had mostly ended in him getting his butt handed to him, either through his own errors or just because he was unsuitable for combat.
He smiled behind his face plate at the memory of his support during the Metrotitan scout-assault: feeding data to the troops and operating surveiliance. It was lonely in space, but he was designed for there.
He sank into melancholy. Designed to be alone, would take some getting used to. But, it was what he was for and what he was good at.
He got up slowly, returned his unfinished drink and plate to the bar. He felt the need to do something and get his mind off things. What, he wasn't sure of.
Aero Blade

Ravine: offbase

Post by Aero Blade »

Dirge was quite shaken by the dinobot's abrupt attack run on him, and even when Hound managed to call him off the Seeker was still shaken, but he was able to keep himself together enough to finish his scan. For the moments after that, though, he kept his distance from where Hound and Swoop were talking.

As Hound's com signal came in a short while later, Dirge what a bit dazed. That attack run was friendly? Then again, considering that it was a Dinobot, not actually getting attacked probably could be considered that...

"Okay..." Dirge called in confirmation to Hound, though his tone relayed obvious unsurity. He landed a distance away, then began to approach slowly.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Fort Max, Science labs

Skids stepped inside the Science Labs.

" Hello? " he asked, but the room was dark and seemed empty.

Skids began his search of the items requested by Prowl.

---

Fort Max, bridge

Silverbolt nodded to Grimolck and Fort Max.

" Well, I'm going with my team. Are we needed for another mission? "
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bridge, Fort Max:

Grimlock: "Not at moment. Stay ready."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Ravine
Hound spoke to both the dinobot and to Dirge.
"Good. Apologies again Dirge. Your quarters will be across and diagonal to mine - Level 3, Wing D, room 62. Make yourself comfortable once Swoop shows you the rooms, and upload those data maps as soon as you can." *pause*
The scout was running at a fast pace now, quickly and smoothly covering the trail back to base. He thought for a moment, remembering the amount of human movies and books he had accumulated. "You can also help yourself to anything in my quarters."

After hitting the airfield, Hound transformed to drive the rest of the way.

Swoop looked at Dirge's approach, straightened and folded his arms. "Dirge make noise, but..." Dogfight's approach cut off the dinobot's sentence abruptly. Swoop grinned broadly. "Dogfight play!" He transformed quickly, but then settled back to the ground in pteranadon form. "Fly games later. Hound say show you room, we go."
Swoop began flapping motions and waited for Dirge to follow.
Aero Blade

Ravine

Post by Aero Blade »

Dirge listened carefully to the information and instructions Hound gave him, taking in all of the details. He was pleased to hear his room assignment, glad it would be nearby to someone he was familiar with.

Dirge was still uneased with Swoop's presence as Hound took off, but the dinobot no-longer seemed to have any interest in attacking him, so Dirge was able to mostly settle down.

"I'm coming," Dirge answered to Swoop, transforming and taking off to follow him.
Rollerdash
Protoform

Post by Rollerdash »

*Arcee leaned up agenst Ultra Magnus's arm*

"Magnus, Why haven't we hered from the squad we send to Kyle? They should have made it by now."
verytired

Leaving Fort Max Mess hall

Post by verytired »

Cosmos passed everyone else by wordlessly as he exited the messhall: he had resolved to go out till he was needed. Till then, he would try some things that used to make him happy.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Ravine

Dogfight nodded to Swoop with a friendly roll of his swept-back wings and aproached the Dinobot and Dirge, leaving a twin trail of flame from his rear blasters as he streaked through the air.

" Hello guys " he said, " can I fly with you? "

---

Fort Max, bridge

" Good bye, then " said Silvebrolt to Grimlock and Fortress, stepping out of the bridge.

---

Fort Max Science Labs

Skids picked up all the items requested by Prowl and runned towards the briefing room.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Metroplex:

Minerva: -looks up- "How's the drill assembly coming?"

Fixit: "Only thing salvagable was the drill bit. I've got it ready to go back into his forearm."
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Fort Max, Security Briefing Room

Pipes nodded at Prowl. "All right. Lets get this show on the road then." Pipes, Powerglide, and Glyph walked out of security, heading for the hangar bay to meet Sky Lynx.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Fort Max: Security Wing: Briefing room

Prowl waited. Outside he looked calm, patient and thoughtful. Under the cool exterior, the strategist was frighteningly angry, running through scenarios and possible strategies, potential in-base threats. The only outward sign of the brewing storm was a finger that tapped twice before the arms folded.

Hound could feel the tense atmosphere almost even before he entered the room. He breezed past the minibots, and as he entered, the room was silent. The scout knew from past experience that the stiff posture meant business, and he responded accordingly. He entered and seeing that Prowl had acknowledged his presence, Hound went directly to attention.

Prowl looked closely at the scout, trying to decide if this plan was the best option. Willingness to do what he was asked was one of the ranker's traits, but Prowl wouldn't send him with if there were any doubts as to the need for the action. Any injury, any sign of self-doubt would signal the need for an alternative strategy. But Prowl could find none.
Finally, he motioned to Skids' maps.

"Hound, Sunstreaker's last known location was here. Your tracking ability is needed to help this team locate him."
The strategist contemplated for a brief moment whether he should give the scout the reason, and concluded that it was more beneficial to do so given the situation.
"He is still loose. He has slaughtered many humans and now may be defecting to join the Decepticons. Pipes, Powerglide and Glyph will track him and defuse the threat to both the Autobots and the humans. Sky Lynx will take you. Find the nearest location and Sky Lynx will drop them there.

From there, Sky Lynx will take you to Guantanamo Bay. There you will find a military museum's vehicle exchange being shipped about the S.S. Nitoria, bound for Cuba. You are to infiltrate Breastforce's operations there. It is believed that they are storing vast amounts of energon somewhere in the vicinity. You will use energy dampers to assist with a protective field."
He noted a slight frown on the scout's facial expressions and addressed the unspoken concern.
"Though it may interfere slightly with the accuracy of your reception, this has a 71.36% chance of also shielding your circuity receptors from the unstable energy waves that are flowing through the area. Skids should be arriving back momentarily. Do you accept?"

Hound nodded without hesitation, but his expression was somber. "Yes. I understand, and I accept."

"Good. You will leave immediately upon Skids' return."

Prowl closed his optics and then reopened them as calculations suddenly came up with a more positive outcome. Sideswipe could prove to be useful backup for the minibots, especially if Sunstreaker had indeed defected, but the risk of Sideswipe interfering if things turned for the worse was there.
He clicked his radio transmitter.
"Sideswipe, I have an important backup function for you to serve if you accept, but a decision must be made immediately. I have a team going in search of Sunstreaker, but any aggression on his part will be immediately neutralized in whatever manner is deemed necessary to eliminate the risk he poses. Are you willing to accept this mission?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Mess Hall, Fort Max

Smokescreen watched as Cosmos left the room, the concern he felt for the smaller Autobot hidden behind a mask of professional reserve.

Don't have time to worry about him right now, though, the wily tactician told himself. It's time I moved on to my next suspect.

"I've gotta run," he told Air Raid. "I'll catch you guys later, though."

After excusing himself thusly, he headed out the door and back towards the main ramp. His next subject was holed up on Metroplex's bridge, at last check.

Corridors, Metroplex

After quite a while where he wandered seemingly without goal, Squeezeplay made his way to one of the observatory rooms high atop one of the city's towers. With a blank expression on his face, the ex-Decepticon stared out at the encampment that spread between the two Autobot bases.
verytired

Exiting Fort Max entirely

Post by verytired »

Cosmos left the city bot doors and took in the panoramic view of the area. He deflated slightly, his shoulders stooped, as he tried to think of something he could do. He didn't want to go into space, but he didn't want to be with anyone.

He transformed slowly, an rose to the skies, heading East to middle America.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Fort Max Security Wing; briefing room

Skids walked inside the room -busied carrying precariously the energy dampers and the others items- and was surprised to encounter Hound instead of the minobots.

" Hy Hound ", said Skids with a broad smile, but then he understood. Hound, like the other minibots, was in the grim mission against Sunstreaker. The broad smile turned into a grim expression while Skids dropped carefully the items on the table adjacent to Prowl.

Skids, recognizing the clues about Prowl's mood, nodded to him, waiting for the next orders.