[Original RPG] End of the Line: Invasion (San Francisco)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Waiting for Protectobots to load into Ultra Magnus's spacious trailer, Jetwave selected the protected frequency and adressed the commander through the comm link again.

"Ultra Magnus, it's me again. It's about the battle... I understand that I've made several mistakes but so we all.

About me - I'm not fully functional, I lack ammo for my primary guns... and even if I had had it there's nothing I can really do in close combat without some accidental damage to surroundings. I prefer to act as long-range fire support or individual combat unit, after all... And I'm not accustomed to guarding the civilians.

It's the most important part of what I've got to told you. We were doing the same in the beginnig of our wars at Aqua... That cost us dearly and we were nearly losing.

It was then that Nemesis Prime, our commander, decided to change the overall strategy. He ruled that we should care for defeating the Decepticons once and for all, not for protecting the population.. First there was some dissent and some Autobots even left the planet... But in the end it proved worthy. We've won.

And, believe me or not, Magnus - the locals started to respect us better when we did so! There was a part of fear in that respect, that's granted... but they respected the power and we became that power. And they respected the winners - and us, when we became the winners.

Magnus, I'm trying to say that our team was insufficient to deal with the Decepticon forces anyway... But, by trying to think about the locals, we reduced our battle value to zero. No wonder that Decepticons got what they wanted and escaped unharmed! If we'd be killing them and not protecting the humans... Perhaps we'd won. What do you think of it?"

Exhausted by long speech, he waited for the answer.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Reflector

(OOC: I'm going to assume everybody's aboard...)

Post by Reflector »

With his team loaded, Ultra Magnus pulled up his gate and chugged up Jetwave's ramp, squeezing into the jet with some effort. The voices were resounding, and they demanded the same thing - action, aggression, offense. And yet, how could he advocate such a plan? In a place such as this, that sort of tactic would have killed thousands of humans, many more than the Decepticons had. But the war could not be won this way...

"We did win, Jetwave," he replied at last. "We protected the humans. I'm a soldier; I do what Prime commands. I'll bring up the matter with him when we get back to Autobot City."
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Brawn was happy that Magnus had partially agreed. "Finally, we can do a little dance on their door step."
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

"OK, I'm lifting off" - Jetwave replied to Ultra Magnus as he closed the ramp. "But I'd say this talk is not over... and I believe there's more Autobots who don't see this outcome as our victory, that's all.

I'd like to talK to Prime too, if you don't mind. Could we do it together? Or, perhaps, it would be better if each of us speak for himself?"

And, having the last word for himself, he activated the vertical trusters and lifted off, heading for the Autobase.

-OOC: moving to the Autobase tread
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

(OOC: And I do believe this one's done, so off to the books it goes! Everybody over to the Autobase thread.)