[Original RPG] Edge of the Abyss Part 4.2: Rising from the Ashes cont. (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Stark
Protoform

Post by Stark »

Outside Fort Max
Superion didn't respond to Computron. It was all he could do to focus on carrying the battered Sky Lynx. He found that even a menial task like this was difficult to process. After all, he's a warrior, not not a paramedic. His only purpose is to destroy his enemies. Not think outside the box.

He looked over at the other Gestalt and wondered why one would assimilate so much of the personalties of his component pieces. It seemed inefficient. All of those conflicting personalities slowing down one's natural instincts. Better to just act. For a moment he wondered why this strange thought entered his mind. Whatever the reason, the thought quickly left his mind as he waited for the med bay doors to open.
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

----------Outside Fort Max----------
Rosdos run charged to Sharkticon.(The one that scanned Fort Max.)
Stark
Protoform

Post by Stark »

Fort Max: Hallway Near Science Lab
Seaspray hoped his time spent refueling didn’t cause him to miss out on any of the action. The comms had had been going crazy lately. There were reports of shuttles crashing and a hostile enemy just outside of Fort Max. This was just what he needed, a little action to get his mind off of being recalled to Autobase. Not that he didn’t like it here, it’s just that compared to the vast openness of this world’s oceans, he felt so confined, so...trapped. It didn’t help matters that he was a sea vessel and was now literally landlocked.
-I wish they would just send me back to the coast already. Or an island or anywhere that I can be useful- he thought. But those thoughts would have to wait. Right now there were more important things to worry about than his own inadequacies. Help was needed and he wasn’t about to sit around and do nothing when he could be of some use.

As he rounded a corner in the corridor he saw Beachcomber approaching the Science Lab.

“Seaspray,” Beachcomber said, “You’re just in time.”

“In Time?” Seaspray’s warbled voice replied, “In time for what?”

“I need some help carrying some equipment out to where the shuttles crashed,” Beachcomber said in that laid back voice he always seemed to have, “I need to get some samples from the crash sites to determine if there are going to be any ecological repercussions from the events of today.”

-Well it's not exactly what I had in mind, but why not. Might as well make myself useful- thought Seaspray as he followed Beachcomber into the science lab.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

State line: Nevada/Colorado

as MetalHawk crossed the state line into Colorado, he opened his comm system to all standard autobot frequences...

"Maximus, this is Aerospace Defense Commander Metalhawk... I require an audience with Optimus Prime... Transmitting confirmation codes..."

As Hawk transmitted the codes he began to wonder if he'd even recieve a response... or worse, if he'd be shot from the sky....
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Command Deck, Fort Max:

Brainstorm: -looks over at Fortress- "Who's Metalhawk?"

Fortress: -sighs- "Long story." -activates commlink- "I read you, Metalhawk. You are cleared for landing..... just look for the gaping hole where the shuttle bay doors used to be." -switches frequencies- "Prime, Metalhawk's coming, and he'd like to see you."
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Fort Max corridors:

Jetwave was wandering the vast corridors and hallways of Fortress Maximus. The shadow he saw some time ago could be anything – a flicker of light, some Autobot busy with his duties and not in the mood for idle chitchat... or Decepticon spy. But no matter how hard Jetwave looked around, he saw no confirmation to his last thoughts.

Am I getting paranoid? Or just being lost and having nothing to do plays tricks with my sensors? Either way, I've got to get out and find somebody. I just hate being alone. Well, not always. There are time and place for solitary meditation, but now everything I feel tells me that there's life around me, just behind those walls... And I am not participating in it.

That already happened before. Maybe I need stronger ties with those who surround me? Could it be they don't like being treated as parts of the Great Whole, anyone not better than any other? But aren't we all just that? It's simple, why can't they realise the truth?

And why I am torturing myself again with those thoughts? Am I afraid to go out and find some job to do, to be fully involved in it and forget those incessant ramblings of unused brain circuits? Well, I'll do just that!

He turned abruptly to the big twin doors he was just passing. Touching the wall panel, he keyed the opening sequence.

Outside Fort Max:

Superion and Computron waited at the big doors in Fort Max's side for some time, carrying prone form of Sky Lynx. At last the doors began to slide open. But before they moved wide enough to let them in, tall black and green Autobot strolled out purposefully.

"Datum: Jetwave located" – Computron commented.

"Oh, there you are!" - replied Jetwave, startled a bit by sudden appearance of two Gestalts, not to mention the weight in their arms... "Wait! Is this Sky Lynx? What happened to him?"

"Datum: emergency landing procedure, medium scale damage, loss of processing capabilities. Conclusion: requires medical attention."

"In other words, he's hurt and unconscious..." - Jetwave thought aloud.

"Additional datum: Omega Shuttle been grounded nearby. Conclusion: Autobots have severe loss of transportation units."
"You mean I could be useful as a shuttle? Indeed! Thanks a lot, really! But... Once this commotion's over, I'll find you and get Ligtspeed to help me with those data! I just got to get some shells for my cannons, you know!" - with these words Jetwave quickly turned around and walked inside Fortress Maximus, apparently with new purpose in mind.

Two gestalts carrying Sky Lynx followed in, then turned left towards medbay.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Scout

Post by Scout »

Outside Fort Max:
"Nope- Prowl said that's our job over there Windy." Trailbreaker replied back as the first of an army caravan came winding down the mountain. A look in his rear-view mirror showed a very hot problem.

"We need to make sure this ammunition gets delivered without anything crashing on it, and now we've got a fire and a really big mess to deal with. Any ideas Windcharger?"
In the first semi truck of the caravan...
"Sir, do you see what I see?"
"Yes corporal. Stop the trucks."

------------
------------
Outside Fort Max:
Hound had skidded sideways on the surf of the rubble being thrown up as the shuttle plowed through the ground. As it came to a stop, he drove around it and let Spike out.

"They're all moving inside, but the doors look like they're blocked. We need something to clear the doorway..."

An energy burst reading got Hound's attention and he chuckled, moving out of the way.
"Never mind, they'll be out in a jiffy."

--------------
--------------

Fort Max's holding cels:
Prowl nodded silently, listening to Ironhide and Artfire. He was prepared to take Browning, but he expected the human to hand over the Decepticon. Over his internal communicator he calculated the possible energy expenditure and then replied to them, uncertain as to how large the fire burning outside was.

"Ironhide, Artfire, if you need larger assistance, you may call Omega. Computron and Superion are also on active roster and in the vicinity. Fire damage must be contained and eliminated with the least possible natural loss."

----------------
----------------

Outside Fort Max in the mountains:
Blitzwing had been circling, ignoring the shuttle, when he had spotted the humans. The equipment around them told the triple changer that they were most likely responsible for the shuttle damage. He closed in, transforming to his robot mode and landing on his feet, hard. The big Decepticon drew his gun and approached.

-------------------
-------------------
Inside Fort Max:
Mirage left Optimus and headed down the corridors, deep in thoughts that kept revolving around in his head. As he reached the exit, he turned his invisibility on and went to go see what he could help with.

--------------------
--------------------

Metroplex

Ultra Magnus hurried outside of Metroplex after Huffer and began clearing debris away from the shuttle.
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Fort Max medbay:

The medbay doors slided open and a shuttle nose pushed into the opening.

"Datum: size limitations do not allow gestalts to operate in this area. Conclusion: separation process recommended." - Computron stated, seeins that he or Superion had no chance to get in the medbay through these doors. "Technobots, split!"

Five parts of the gestalt flipped in the air and landed separately on the floor around Sky Lynx.

"Well, this just can't get any better! Now we'll have to push this deadweight cosmo-cat inside like some coolies! " - Afterburner exclaimed sarcastically.

"And, by Primus, we will – or Sky Lynx will get no help!" - Scattershot replied firmly.

"What? Has you converted to this fancy "belief" that Jetwave washed our brains about?" - Afterburner happily changed the subject. But Scattershot – and all the other Technobots – just ignored him, staring inside the bay.

"Optimus? Is that you?" - Lightspeed was the first to ask.

Command deck, Fort Max:

The doors opened with a swift hiss and tall black and green Autobot entered the room.

"Greetings, Fortress, Brainstorm. Sorry again for the little incident in the shuttle bay... In fact, it was me who took control and landed so unsafely back then. On the other hand, my landing was the luckiest today, it seems." - Jetwave addressed the Autobots in the room.

"So, it seems you lack shuttles now, and this is where I can be of use. Of course, my crew compartment cannot be compared to Sky Lynx's, but I can take five passengers. Feel free to address me if need arise.

And, by the way... I wasn't able to get any data about shells you have in store here. I know, that's a silly thing to ask... But could it be – by chance – that I can acquire some 18-inchers? Or, perhaps, it's not you I should address with this problem?"

Jetwave finished and stared expectantly at Fortress, T-shaped slit in his faceplate glowing with green light.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

(OOC: Back to that whole patience thing..... yeah I know:angel: )

With the combined fire power of the Autobots in the shuttle, the dirt vapourized around the door and provided a low sloping exit out of the mound of dirt.

"Alright, Artfire, Quickmix and Ironhide you guys are out first, lets see if we can quell this fire. Aero once they're clear, you take to the sky and let us know what we're dealing with. The rest of you: Thank you for flying Neo airlines, hope you enjoyed the trip. Greatshot you need to get to medbay, Skyfire would you be able to show him the way?" Skyfall said.

Artfire slowly headed up the embankment, and poked his head out. He saw the three minibots standing near the hole, and a clear spot in the fire. He climbed all the way out and set the canister down.

"You three." The sniper said to Pipes, Huffer and Powerglide "We need some help fighting this fire. I have some extra hoses - so can you give us a hand? Powerglide, if you can transform - we can strap this container of CO2 stuff that Quickmix made. Follow Aero Blades direction, and if you drop it in the heart of the beast, it'll make out life a whole lot easier."
Stark
Protoform

Post by Stark »

Fort Max: Medbay
On Computron’s advice Superion separated into his five component pieces and scattered around Sky Lynx.

The Technobots immediately started rambling between themselves. –These guys are almost as bad as my team. Almost- thought Silverbolt. Suddenly it struck him, -Why aren’t the other Aerialbots jabbering away?- Silverbolt’s answer came when he looked into the bay to see a dark silhouette standing.

“Optimus? Is that you?” he heard one of the Technobots say.

-Prime?!-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Fort Max: Science Lab
Seaspray stood near the door awkwardly holding a pile of camera’s, test tubes, sensor arrays, and surveying rods. Beachcomber was leisurely collecting more items off of a shelf, picking one up, looking at it, setting it down, picking up another, looking at it, setting it down, and finally picking up the original.

“Can’t you hurry up a little?” asked Seaspray, “My servos feel like they are going to freeze if I don’t start moving around a little.”

“Have a little patience Autodude,” replied Beachcomber, “We’ll be done in here soon enough. I just need a few more items. Besides you don’t have anything better to do today, right? I mean this way you can at least be outside later enjoying the blue sky and sunshine and don’t tell me that’s not a lot better than being cooped up in here.”

“I guess not,” replied Seaspray, -although times like this make me wish I would have been on one of the shuttles when it crashed, or under one.- Beachcomber sets a datapad on the pile of equipment Seaspray is holding and the delicate balance of items begins to shift. Seaspray does his best to get it under control, but it is to no avail. The equipment begins crashing down all around him. For a moment he takes in the scene and then mutters to himself, “Blast! I hate my existence sometimes.”
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"Roger, Fortress... but man... this place looks... wait...you came under direct attack, and he never called on me for resources? This is getting outright irresponsible..." he bit his reply out...

The blue and gold jet swooped down low, and transformed upon entering the gaping hole that was the shuttle bay.

"Fortress, when you have a moment, relay me prime's location, would you? I don't want to spend all day stalking through the Maximus trying to find him..."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Quickmix scrambled out following Artfire

He turned to Ironhide

"I'll take this sector over here if thats ok with you."

He pointed
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Fire:

Ironhide: -clambers up out of the hole, starts spraying the flames down with liquid nitrogen-

Command Deck, Fort Max:

Fortress: -over commlink to Metalhawk- "That damage is from somebody taking a shuttle, actually. The doors were jammed."

Brainstorm: -consults a console- "I think we have what you're looking for in the munitions room, Jetwave. It's down three levels, fifth door on the right."
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

"Well I can make sure no metal debris hits it if you can contain the fire." Windcharger replied to Trailbreaker

~~

Blaster waited idly for Devcon

~~

Brawn grumbled, quite bored as he made his way back to his hole.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Metalhawk snickered at the though of Fortress' ship malfunctioning on him. If there were one bot that knew how to keep a ship in order, it was Fortress... after all, this entire ship WAS an extension of himself... if only as a body when he transformed into the vessel's robot mode head.

Hawk continued through the hallway from the hangar bay, then stopped at a terminal...

"Computer, I require the location of Supreme Commander Optimus Prime. Authorization: Metalhawk, Code Omega Zero Zero Nine"

"Processing"...the computer replied. a moment later, Hawk would have his answer. "Security protocols confirmed, voice recognition confirmed. Optimus Prime is currently located in the Maximus' central med-bay, level one, block 19 west."

Metalhawk started away from the panel, then replied..."Thanks."

"You are welcome."

As he headed toward the med-bay, he realized something: His codes and voice recognition were still active, but the computer would normally give a rank in its reply when it was thanked for information... had...had Metalhawk's post as Air Defense Commander been filled so quickly?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Makeshift Medbay, Fort Max

(OOC: Prime isn't in the main medical bay, folks. He's in a converted cargo bay, or some other damn thing. So let's roll with that :) )

Prime managed not to jump as the Technobots and Aerialbots somehow managed to walk into the secured room with Sky Lynx in tow, but Red Alert didn't. The security officer spun towards the combiners, rifle in hand.

"How dare you?"

Prime sighed, then slid down off of the surgical table and dropped a hand on Red's shoulder.

"Stand down, old friend," he whispered. Red tensed under his hand, but seemed to force himself to relax somewhat.

"Aye, sir," he said.

Prime looked over to Lightspeed. "It's me," he confirmed, "I might not look it, but it's me." His familiar booming voice would confirm that, although his newly-upgraded Laser Rod body would cause quite a bit of confusion among his troops for the next while.

Matrix knows it's even causing me a bit of confusion.

The leader straightened his uncomfortably-huge shoulders, then replied to Fortress.

"Tell Metalhawk that he'll have to stand in line. Since the Neos decided to drop in, I'm going to find Skyfall and have a word with the wayward youth."

The leader headed towards the exit, giving the combiner teams a friendly glance as he moved. Noticing the concerned look that Red was shooting him, he made sure to take long, steady steps and not show any of the unsteadyness that he felt in his knewly-repaired legs.
Stark
Protoform

Post by Stark »

Fort Max Makeshift Med Bay
(OOC: Or wherever we are)

Silverbolt watched as Optimus walked by, a sense of inspiration washing over him. -How does he do it? How does he always manage to make you feel like everything is going to be alright?- The thought lingered as Optimus walked off.

"Was That...?" asked Fireflight.

"Yes," answered Silverbolt quickly, "That was the legend."
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Fort Max: Science Lab
Seaspray frantically started picking up the equipment he dropped. "Sorry about that, Beachcomber," he said.

"Take it easy, buddy," repiled Beachcomber moving over to Seaspray and putting his hand on the autobot's shoulder, "It was just an accident. Nothing to worry about."

"That's easy for you to say," replied Seaspray, "at least you know your place here. You have a reason to be here. You're a scientist. You have a role, but what about me? I'm not a scientist. Humpf, I'm not even that good of a warrior."

"Whoa, relax pal. You're gonna sizzle your circuits. You may not have found the reason why you are here yet, but I can assure you whatever it is, it must be important. They wouldn't have recalled you here unless they had a reason, right?" Beachcomber reassured the autobot, "You really shouldn't get so down on yourself. Don't sell yourself short. You have a lot more to offer than you think. Now what say we get this equipment outside so you can clear your head a little. Hmmm?"

"Yeah," Seaspray said feeling a little more confident, "A little fresh air might do me some good."

"It always works for me," Beachcomber said with a sly grin. With that the two autobots gather up the their equipment and begin to head out to the crash sites.
Brave Maximus

Omega Crash Site.....

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall emerged from the shuttle via the tunnel the Autobots created, in time to hear Prowls message to Ironhide. The fire-fighting was going well, the shuttle was no longer on fire anyway. There looked to be a bit still on fire though. Once Powerglide got in the air, thing should settle down.

He opened his comm link and the three minicons set down around him:

"Omega Supreme, Superion, Computron
Please report to the shuttle crash site for assistance."
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Makeshift Medbay

Ratchet looked with worry at Red Alert as he snapped at the new arrivals.

Not like him to be suprised like that.

"Scattorshot , This area was only designed to cator for a particular matter." Ratchet said.

Looking at Sky lynx, Ratchet frowned.

Didn't I just finish fixing him?

" If you could Take Sky Lynx to the regular Med Bay, it would be appreciated "
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

----------Omega Crash Site----------
Hoist saw a dirt has been blasted from the shuttle door.
He quickly rushed to the shuttle's door."Alright who want to get
out first?"He said.Then he heard Skyfall said to take Greatshot to the med-bay then he started to pull Greatshot.

----------Outside Fort Max----------
"Where is it?"He his narrow optic around and don't see the Sharkticon he followed.