[Original RPG] Edge of the Abyss Part 4.2: Rising from the Ashes cont. (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

outside Sky Lynx

The two target masters looked up at the gesalt towering over them.

Holepunch spoke

"reet lad we're Nebulans , targetmasters to be exact and we're partnered with Scoop . Where is he lad ? Is he ok ? We were shook up by the landing and must have passed out. Did hemake it."
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Sideswipe kneeled down and picked up peices of a destroy sharkticon and flung it at a larger pile of them.

"Y'know, I just wanted one or two to tide me over." The red autobot muttered, standing tall again. By the time Brawn arrived he was also heavily disappointed.

"Speak for yourself Sideswipe. I wanted all of 'em!"

~~

Windcharger was confused "I thought we were trying to track down who shot the Shuttle down, Trailbreaker.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Blur have the other bot a salute.

"Surething. Noproblem,noproblematall."

He turned to the Nebulans...Tracer & Holepunch

"So,justfollowmeMyname'sBlurr. Andyouare?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Holepunch stepped forward

"I'm Holepunch and the lad goes by the name of Tracer."

Tracer "I'm not moving till someone tells me what happened to Scoop, where is he the big lug did make it didn't he."
Brave Maximus

In the Omega Shuttle, under the dirt.

Post by Brave Maximus »

Artfire and Stepper looked up and checked their Target Masters:

"We're all alive back here." The black and white Autobot said

Before Artfire could respond, Prowl's message came over his comm:

"Ummm, we'd love to Prowl, but we're stuck in the shuttle at the moment - give use a second...... Ummm, how are we getting out of here?" He said to no one in particular....

Skyfall sat down, and reached out with some of the Omega's sensors:

"We're trapped under a bunch of dirt. I can open the doors, but it's pretty loose, and will probably cave back in on us. I can't transform with you guys in here, so I'm open to suggestions."
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Blurr looked down at the Nebulans.

"Scoop?IthinkIheardthathewasintheMedbay. C'mon,I'lltakeyouthere. Just followBlurr!"

He turned back to the main doors and started to lead themin.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

The 2 targetmasters followed Blurr.

Quickmix responded

" I can knock up something similar to dry ice , we can freeze it and dig it out , there are more elegant solutions but if its an inferno out there we dont have the time. Artfire , Ironhide I 'll start working on a extra powerful fir retardant you can deploy once the earth's clear
Stark
Protoform

Post by Stark »

The Skies Above Fort Max
The skies were surprisingly clear thought Fireflight. This small world never ceased to amaze him with its wonder and beauty. Unfortunately, one only had to look below to see that this was nothing but a facade. The real truth was that Earth was just another battlefield doomed to suffer the realities of a war it never asked for. This thought lingered a moment until he caught sight of a small flock of birds leaving the sanctity of the forest. Ahh, to be free.

“Looks like we missed the party,” said Air Raid, “Too bad, I could have used some real action.”

“It would have been nice to try out some of the new combat maneuvers we’ve been working on,” replied Skydive.

Slingshot grunted, “Humpf, if these loserbots were able to handle it, obviously it wasn’t much of a challenge.”

“These loserbots, as you put it are our allies, Slingshot,” scolded Silverbolt.

“I know that,” replied Slingshot, “I’m just saying that when it comes to being the best, there isn’t a ‘bot in this universe that can hold sparkler to us.”

Silverbolt sighed, “Let’s just get down to ground level and see what we can do to help.”

“Great, my favorite part of the job,” Air Raid sarcastically sneered, “clean up duty.”

With that the five Aerialbots lowered altitude and headed to where they were needed most.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

"We're Neos" Skyfall said to the Autobot Chemist, "Elegant usually doesn't factor in - as long as it works."

Skyfall gave a wry smile behind his faceplate then turned to the whole group:

"Quickmix will freeze the Earth so it doesn't cave in on us. Greatshot, Stepper and myself will blast our way clear. Artfire, Ironhide and Quickmix will head up first and start putting out the fires. Sorry guys, your armour can take the heat. Once an area is clear, I need Aero Blade to take to the air and let us know how bad the fire is. Aero, your helicopter mode is best suited for this.
Questions?

"Quickmix, you tell me when to open the doors."
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Greatshot got to his feet, cradling his arm. Reaching back, he grabbed one of his rifles and checked the charge.

Greatshot looked up and said, "Ready whenever you are."
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Omega Shuttle Crash Site

Pipes and Huffer drove up and transformed at the same time. They looked at each other and then to Powerglide for an explanation. Powerglide just shrugged his shoulders. Huffer called out through the dirt and debris around the shuttle, "Hey! Do you guys want us to dig you out or what?" He then repeated the message on an open comm channel in the case that they couldn't hear his physical voice.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade gave a compliant nod to Skyfall. "I should be able to, once my gyroscopes and cervos reset," he said, standing up once he'd gotten out of his seat restraints and bracing a hand against the wall as though dazed.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Quickmix retracted his left hand and replaced it with a nozzle his mixing drum picking up speed.

"open sesameas the humans say ready when you are Skyfall"
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Outside Fort Max – near the grounded Sky Lynx:

"Good luck to you, guys" – Computron said to Nebulans Holepunch & Tracer. - "I'm sure your partner will be OK".

Meanwhile, the processing capacities of his collective mind were busy solving the problem of Sharkticons' attack.

They certainly weren't trying to score any serious results with such a limited forces. They didn't tried to set an ambush – their actions were too direct. The only other options could be reconnaissance... or diversion.
And the second assumption is more likely the truth... because of the attack on Omega Shuttle.
So, we need to check on any possible data about this attack and its connection with the Sharkticons...

He looked up.
Aerialbots!
Well, they sure could offer some help to move Sky Lynx, couldn't they?

Fort Max Corridors:

Jetwave looked left, then right.

Well, where should I go? With all the commotion, I'm sure that there will be somebody in the medbay. But the question is – will I find there somebody who's in charge? Maybe not... And certainly that _someone_ have no time to solve my problems...

He noticed some movement in the far end of the corridor.
"Hey! Who's there?"
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Omega Shuttle:

Ironhide: -activates commlink- "Ah'm out here in th' crashed shuttle, Prowl." -looks over- "Artfahre's out here with me. Soon's we c'n get th' door open, we'll start workin' on that fahre out there." -deactivates commlink, looks over at Skyfall- "Only question Ah got is when're we gonna do this." -hands retract, panels on his shoulders open, liquid nitrogen nozzles deploy- "An' whut sprayin' this stuff on fahre'll do......"
Brave Maximus

Omega Shuttle

Post by Brave Maximus »

"Doors opening NOW!"

With a mental command, one side of the shuttle opened up to a wall of black earth and rock. There was a slight rumble, then the dirt started to slide inwards.....

Skyfall opened his comm:

"Pipes, Huffer, Powerglide,
Stay back, we're going to try and blast through this dirt. But be ready to give Ironhide, Artfire and Quickmix a hand."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Quickmix distributed some extra containers of the chemical to his comrades and started spraying.

"Its Co2 based it works by displacing the less dense oxygen. It should help put out the flames."
Stark
Protoform

Post by Stark »

Outside Fort Max- Near The Grounded Sky Lynx
Silverbolt lead the Aerialbots to the downed Sky Lynx, transforming to his robot mode just before getting to the ground, the other Aerialbots following suit. It was good to be on the ground again, to have something solid underneath your feet. If he had the lack of self control some of his fellow Aerialbots had, he might even bend down and kiss it everytime he landed. Silverbolt was never very comfortable in the air anyway. He was even less comfortable when near autobase. Fortunately, the others didn’t know of his acrophobia. Imagine… a jet that is afraid of heights, the irony was not lost on him.
“We’re here to help," he said to Computron.

“Sheesh, Sky Lynx!” exclaimed Slingshot, “Who taught you how to land? An albatross?”

“Any landing you can walk away from…, “ added Air Raid, “Oh…. Ummm…” -ooo, I just said the quiet thing out loud,- he thought lowering his head.

Fireflight noticed Blurr leading a pair of Nebulons toward Fort Max.- I wonder if he ever suffers burnout. I mean how could anyone stay that hyperactive all the time?-

“Hey, Computron, how ya doing?” asked Skydive, “ Think too much lately?”

“Okay, settle down guys,” Silverbolt said with a lingering of frustration in his voice, “We’re here to help, not stroke your egos.”

“Can’t we do both?” asked Air Raid.

“Yeah, alright,” replied Slingshot backing down, “Besides, it’s no fun harassing them when they can’t fight back. Isn't that right Sky?”

Silverbolt just shook his head. -One of these days… one of these days…- “Looks like Sky Lynx needs some medical attention. Let’s get him to it. Aerialbots transform and combine to form…,” with that the five robots transformed and merged together to form one giant robot.

“Superion,” the giant robot spoke and began to help Computron in whatever way he needed.
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Outside Fort Max, near the grounded Sky Lynx:

"Thanks, guys" – Computron said to Aerialbots, who merged and formed the massive bulk of Superion."I really appreciate your help, because alone I had no chance of moving Sky Lynx to base".

The combined strength of two gestalts was more than enough to carry the damaged Autobot. Together they took still unconscious Sky Lynx and carried him toward Fort Max.

"Fortress Maximus, this is Computron. We are bringing in Sky Lynx. Open the med bay doors so we could proceed".
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Brave Maximus

Omega Shuttle

Post by Brave Maximus »

With the dirt frozen (and no longer a danger of filling up the shuttle) Skyfall activated his wrist blasters, and nodded to Stepper Greatshot and Skyfire

Stepper stood up, his Target Master partner transforming and landing in his shoulder holster, he drew both of his rifles and aimed at the dirt, slightly upwards. Skyfall aimed on the other side, with enough room for the two other Autobots to get in and fire.

"On three: 1, 2, 3!" The Neo commander and the Target Master began firing into the dirt, watching it vapourize under the blast, creating a tunnel.....