[Original RPG] Edge of the Abyss Part 4.2: Rising from the Ashes cont. (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Metroplex

Huffer looked up distractedly at Magnus. "What? You mean again?" Huffer grabbed a highly complex welding gun off the wall, subspaced it, transformed and drove towards the commotion.

=================================

Outside Fort Max

Powerglide reviewed his options. The shuttle was barely stable as it coasted limply past Autobase. On the other hand there were the attackers...but his scanners weren't picking up anything. He took the choice that seemed the most dire, and shot after the Omega Shuttle.

Then he remembered what had happened the last time he had tried to help a shuttle land. Oh no, not again...
Brave Maximus

OOC: Alright everyone - he's coming down! - and yes the Omega Shuttle is a He!

Post by Brave Maximus »

With the help of the two minicons, and the remaining thrusters, the Omega righted itself, just barely. It scraped against the hull of the city, as it skimmed by - Skyfall wincing at the sound it made.

"Shutting off thrusters.... NOW! Starlight, Ark, get clear......."

The Shuttle made one last attempt to stay airbourn, then gave up the ghost, heading down into the embrace of the Earth. But it was not a gentle embrace. The Omega plowed into the ground, great gouts of earth, sod, trees, small furry animals - anything that was in it's way was sent flying through the air. The Omega Shuttle continued on, plowing a wide furrow in the Earth, deeper than the shuttle was high, for nearly two hundred metres before coming to rest, almost fully burried under the ground - only the engines stick out, in a homage to the Neo's current base.....

It was proving to be a particularly dry summer near Autobase, and this provided a problem. As the Omega had come down, the exaust of the engines had ignited the grass and brush around it. The still hot engines were causing the area around the shuttle to burst into flames. Within minutes the whole area around the Shuttle's crash site was engulfed in flames.

Inside the shuttle, Skyfall slowly eased out of the command chair. He was wincing in pain, not for what his body had suffered, but from what he was feeling through the Transector link....

He stumbled back to the ledge that looked over the Troop compartment:

"All those still active, let me know!"
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Greatshot's optics glowed to life as he realized he was still functioning. The large Autobot rolled onto his back, mumbling several curses as he realized his left arm was completely useless.

"Still active here."

Grunting, Greatshot used his good arm to heft himself up to a sitting position.

"Are we there yet?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Troop Compartment, Omega Shuttle:

Ironhide: -disentangling himself from the wreckage of his seat- "Yeah. Ah'm good......." -stands, tosses his armrest aside- Skahfahre, Quickmix, you two all rahght?"

Skyfire: -pulls himself to his feet- "I'm okay...... Not sure I'll be playing the piano again anytime soon, though......"

The Sharkticons died spectacularly, pummelled from all sides by Autobot fire. But they died with the satisfaction of knowing that their mission was fulfilled.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Quickmix replied

"I'm a little battered but otherwise A ok"
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

----------Fort Max Med-Bay----------
Hoist heard Prowl's comlink.
"What! Another shuttle?"He said.
He turned to Medics in the med-bay and said.
"Hey!Scoop need help!"Then he ran to outside Fort Max.

-----------Outside Fort Max----------
Rosdos still following that Sharkticon and keep the distance between him and Sharkticon.
MirageHoundFan
Protoform

Post by MirageHoundFan »

OOC: Post reworked and moved

"So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave" - Captain Mal Reynolds
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Valley Entrance:

Omega Supreme: -lands, gantry assembly appearing around himself from subspace, tracks and tank deploying from gantry, tank again taking up it's patrol, opens hatch in side of rocket, deploys ramp- "Arrived: Now. Watch: Step."

Command Deck, Fort Max:

Fortress and Brainstorm: -going over the damage control schematic of the ship-

Fortress: -sighs- "Not as bad as I feared....."

Brainstorm: -nods, thinking- "Commander....."

Fortress: "Hmm?"

Brainstorm: "How strong are our shields?"

Fortress: "As long as we can power them fuly, they should prove adequate."

Brainstorm: -nods- "Good. I'll check the emitter arrays after I'm done with the project I'm working on now."
verytired

Post by verytired »

Cosmos flew out of Omega in Ufo form, and surveyed the carnage of the crash and the Chaos of the conflict: would anything hace been better hed omega been here?
Guilty conscience in control, he raced to the battle zone, prparing to strafe the sharkticons...
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Fort Max Exterior

Huffer saw the shuttle go down and veered towards where it had come to rest. He was no medic, but he would be able to fix anything requiring immediate attention, anyway.

=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=

Powerglide hadn't been able to get to the shuttle in time to help, but it looked like they had landed without too much damage. He landed just outside of the shuttle, transforming as he touched down. He banged on the hull. "Hey! Everybody all right in there?"

=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=

Pipes drove back to Autobase just in time to see the last of the sharkticons destroyed and the Omega Shuttle land. What in the world? He drove towards the shuttle to see what was going on.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

As Skyfall came to check in on them, it took Aero a moment to shake off the shock from the crash before he was able to respond.

"We're fine, I think.." He said, checking on Stratus who he'd held in his arms durring the whole incident. Aside from being a bit shaken up, the minicon seemed to be alright.
Igos Du Inka
Protoform

Post by Igos Du Inka »

(ooc: sorry havent posted for awhile my ISP has been well... you know :))

Nick: I was send here by Gigatron as kind of an inside info to get them inside the bace, but one Autobot, always Autobot. Or sometin to that effect. I want to re-join, If you check the history I worked with Spike and several Neo's to Build, and Rebuild baces. but around 2005 there was an attack, and a shuttle crashed near where I was at the time, i was nearly killed

So i blame the Autobots it, So i go to a moon called Io near Jupiter where i found Unicron's leg and used it as a bace. as for Browning, he's genericly created, don't ask.

Browning: I hate Magnets... AH! Autobot

Nick: so if i may be of help to you guys you wouldn't regret it I've been through alot crash landing, Leozak and the destrons wanting to squish me, then Gigatron and the Deciptcons wanting to squish me, then you guys heh.
hey if one is still online i can reprogram a Sharkticon to be a kamikasie agenst the Quints
Hey! Come join the most adictive RPG of all time at www.the4th-coming.com, If you join ask for Kratos
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

----------Outside Fort Max----------
Rosdos saw the Sharkticon he following stand still for a minute near Fort Max."Alright time to show myself."He said to himself."You there!Get over here!"He shouted to the Sharkticon.
And clenched his fists.

In the other side of Fort Max the Omega Shuttle just crashed and and the shuttle is on fire then he open his comlink immediately."Prowl Call any fire fighter the shuttle is on fire! Inferno's signal is not around here."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Quickmix looks out of the window

"Ironhide it looks like we're on fire ."
verytired

Post by verytired »

Cosmos landed next to Guzzle .
C: "My god, where did those things come from?"
G; "Who cares, they're dead now. Hey, how come you flew out of Omega? You said you'd crashed?!"

As the argument between them escalated, Fizzle Transformed and approached the Convoy he'd been protecting. His strategy had been sound, he was sure of that, he just hoped the humans saw it all in the same way.
Scout

Post by Scout »

"Inferno is not available. Ironhide, Artfire respond if you are in the area of Fort Max's perimeter and can assist in dousing that fire!"

Waiting for a response, Prowl listened to Nick carefully; and then without further hesitation, bent down and reached forward, opening his hand with a firm expression.

"You may have worked under Spike, but the Neo group is not from this time period. Therefore, I find fault, mingled with either confusion or deception in your tale.

Furthermore, you will hand over the Decepticon known as Browning to me directly, for your own safety and for ours. If you use his power to fire, he will slowly take your life energy from you, depleting your organic form to a withered husk of dust within a few uses.

Once you have surrendered your Decepticon acquaintance for removal, crimes trial and further investigation proceedures, you will be allowed to prove yourself over time. You will begin by undergoing a medical examination by our staff - at their leisure. Then you will be allowed into minimum security clearance areas to perform maintainance work. If you prove you are trustworthy in that capability and if you can work well with others, you will be assigned a partner and a station."

---------------
---------------

"Whew.... look at that Silencer!" Smokescreen stared at the damage burning in front of them and around the citybot.
"That's... How can we stop it?"

----------------
----------------

ooc: Keeping Optimus going for Warcry.

Concern flickered over Optimus Prime's face as he began to understand the underlying causes for the spy's thoughts and behaviors. He softened his smile and lowered his voice to a kind and firm tone. "We are a team Mirage, but we are also friends. Each one of us counts, and every one of us matters in many ways. Remember that."

The corners of Mirage's mouth lifted into a slight smile and he nodded his head responsively.
"I will Optimus."
He glanced at the door briefly and turned to it with a slightly more positive expression and a faint smile before disappearing.
"I'm... going to go help - my friends."
Stark
Protoform

Post by Stark »

The Skies Above Fort Max

Skydive wondered what could have been so important that his daily aerial training with the team had to be disrupted. Silverbolt didn’t really give them a good reason why they needed to return to autobase so abruptly, then again, Silverbolt never really spoke much when he was flying. As he and the other Aerialbots came over the last rise, the answer presented itself. The place looked like a warzone. Again. Things just seemed to be going from bad to worse in recent weeks and it didn’t look like that was going to change.

“Oh… no… Look at all the…,” Fireflight understated as he started veering off course a little too close to Air Raid.

“Fireflight!”, screamed Air Raid, “ Pay attention to where you are going!”

“What in Prime’s name happened here?” asked Slingshot.

Silverbolt pulled out ahead of the other Aerialbots. “Aerialbots. Delta formation. Form up on me,” he commanded. With that Air Raid, Fireflight, Skydive, and Slingshot took up position on either side of Silverbolt giving them a triangular appearance in the air similar to that of a flock of geese. “We’ll make a pass to get a better idea of the what we’re getting into,” he said. Granted the situation was pretty clear. Two shuttles down, two more piles of wreckage in a pair of craters nearby, Autobots running all over the place, and the remains of what looked to be… Sharkticons?

“Hey Silverbolt,” Skydive said, “ I know it’s not my place, but tactically speaking, do you mind if we avoid the lake on this flyby?”

“With all of the crashes that have happened recently, Skydive, I don’t plan on flying near that lake ever again,” replied Silverbolt as he lead his team above the battlefield.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Outside Ft Max

Blurr watched as yet another ship crashed....

"Whatisitwiththisplace?"

He wondered out loud...

"I'llnevergetonashiphere! Never!Never!Never!"

He ran over to the nearest Autobot to offer his help....
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tracer & Holepunch staggered out of Sky Lynxs cargo carrying Section.

Tracer "looks like the medics missed us "
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Outside Fort Max – near the grounded Sky Lynx (and remains of Sharkticons):

"Thanks everybody! We've done a great job! Overall efficiency 68 per cent!" - Computron exclaimed to all Autobots who participated in the Sharkticons' destruction. "And who might you be, guys?" - he asked Tracer & Holepunch. "I certainly don't remember you..."

Then he saw fast-moving form of Blurr.
"Great! Blurr, would you take care of these two? I need some help to carry Sky Lynx inside Fort Max... And that must be a really sizeable help!"

He switched to Fort Max's comm channel.

"Fort Max, this is Computron. Treat of Sharkticons is eliminated, but we've still got damaged Sky Lynx here. I require another gestalt or big enough Autobot, for I will never be able to carry him alone. Over."

As an afterthought, Computron scanned his internal parts for damage.
Integrity status:
Scattershot 93%
Afterburner 72%
Lightspeed 69%
Nosecone 98%
Strafe 86%

Just as he turned to other Autobots, another thought come into his collective mind:
What could be the purpose of the Sharkticons' attack?

Fort Max Armoury:

Jetwave waited for answer that never came. Realising he is alone in the room, Jetwave moved to the comm panel at the wall.

"Well... Let's see what they've got here..." - he mumbled, looking through the directories.

Supplies... No. That's not what he needs.
Search "Ammunition"
<No directories found>
Where could they be?
Search "Ammo"
<No directories found>

"Damn!" - T-shaped slit in his faceplate flashed with green fire. "I need some help with this database! I told them so, but those stubborn Technobots..."

Well... The only answer is to find somebody who can locate this information... Or, perhaps, ANOTHER someone who knows it already...

Jetwave switched the comm panel off and exited the room.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!