[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss Part 4: Rising from the Ashes continued (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Brave Maximus

Fortress Maximus - Holodeck

Post by Brave Maximus »

Swoops wings are pretty much shredded, he transforms and pulls out his missile launchers aiming for Jhiaxus' head.

Sludge rolls forward, just missing the plasma shot, making a grab for the fallen fusion cannon and swings it at Macabre like a mace.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Holodeck, Fort Max

"Actually, I did, Boss. It's what you do." Snarl shrugged. "Woulda been nice if you'd told me. Now, how do w-"

His question was cut off as Trannis's holographic foot connected with his jaw and sent him spinning to the ground.

"Phhh." He spat out a mouthful of sand and oil. "How do we get out? Program's not ending."

The Dinobot pushed himself up to one knee, subspaced his rifle, drew his rocket launcher, and fired at Trannis' chest.

Flame stumbled backwards, his arms pinwheeling, stunned by Grimlock's retalatory strike.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Fort Max. Corridors.

If Pipes had a mouth (hes got a faceplate thingy), he would be grinning. "Nah, just having a bit of fun." he said to Arcee as they walked down the corridor.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wilderness. Cave.

Outback looked up at the light, lost in thought. He hadn't actually stirred for several hours when the lights in his eyes began to face.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Fort Max. Quickmix's Lab

Huffer continued talking to Quickmix. Ratchet assured me we had no shortage of materials, it was getting Metroplex's foundry online that was the issue."

Huffer looked at the datapad. "Er, that looks good. We can use a lot of Metroplex's current hull for materials as we rebuild him. Any additional additives we'll need we'll have to ask Ratchet about. I just do design work."

Huffer plugged his own datapad into a nearby computer and a hologram of the redesigned Metroplex popped up. "Could you input your alloy changes into this so I can take it to Magnus? I'll be heading over to the foundry after we're done here to oversee the reconstruction."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Quickmix studied the schematics.

Ahh yes recyling the original undamaged parts would work we could reuse the non structural parts and recast and temper the structural ones with the new alloys. "

He moved over and inputed the new alloy into the datapad .

"there you go old thing , done and dusted. Interesting project , do you mind if i join you for your stroll. Make myself useful."
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Huffer responded to Quickmix, "Actually, I'd prefer it if you came. You can explain the alloy upgrade aspect to Magnus much better than I." Huffer took back his datapad and subspaced it. He and Quickmix strode out, heading for Metroplex.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Quickmix followed the orange Minibot as he strode off ahead of him
MirageHoundFan
Protoform

Post by MirageHoundFan »

Fort Max Command Center

"Ok" Cliffjumper replied, moving towards the door, then glancing back at Warpath and Rosdos "Hey, you guys coming?"

Shuttle

Bluestreak started slightly as the blue femme slowly moved to him, then muttered "Couldn't save them. Just like couldn't save anyone in Praxus"

"So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave" - Captain Mal Reynolds
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

"Ahh that's just what this area needs! More holes!" Brawn's sarcastic excitement was evident as he leaned back and looked over at a lar pock mark from one of the more recent battles. "LWhat, did the Decepticons not make enough for you to use? Or are these holes just not symmetrical enough for you, Grapple?"

~~

Blaster sat idly half-monitoring everything that was incoming and outgoing and half listening to the loudest music station he could find on the planet.

"Y'see anything there Fastforward?" He asked with a less than exuberant tone.

"I've got nothing over here Blaster."

"Figures... keep monitoring."

~~

Sideswipe sat patiently waiting for Brainstorm to finish his work.
Scout

Post by Scout »

A beep alerted Prowl to Blitzwing's call. Quickly, the strategist transformed and looked immediately with icy blue optics to a security register that was suddenly sounding an alarm. With a few taps on a keypad, he sealed the corridor with the intruders - Nick and Browning.

"Red, we have at least one intruder - a human. The corridor where the intruder is has been sealed. I recommend sealing the secure room where Ratchet is working and leaving the delivery bay to Groove to guard." *He glanced at a camera.*
"Minerva will be arriving within a few moments, and she can remove Hound and Mirage."

*Prowl flicked to a second radio channel*
"Blaster! Begin area scans for signals and send a code 2 high alert over Maximus' alarms. We have a human intruder."
---------
Smokescreen opened the door to security and walked in with a pleasant smile, happy to be requested for somethiing. The flurry of activity going on caught him offguard and uncertainly he stood to one side, trying to figure out what was going on.
---------

Spike ran alongside of Minerva trying to describe what had happened from as much as he knew to prepare her for the gruesome sight.

"Hound was taking Mirage out from a Decepticon shuttle- and it exploded around them and then part of it collapsed on top of Hound. I think the worst of it was his back, feet and hands - the skin's been mostly melted off. He's burned- really bad. Mirage also has some bad burns on his legs - and he's acting kind of strange - like he's only partly aware."
Igos Du Inka
Protoform

Post by Igos Du Inka »

*Nick listens to Blaster's message*

Nick: HUMAN INTRUDER!! hey come on It's only been 3 years you forgot me. Becides its Browning he's a deciptcon

Browning: HEY!

Nick: well you are.

Browning: yea its my fauly we're stuck here

Nick: you tripped the alarm

Brown: hurm. FINE! TRANSFORM

*Nick puts Browning under his leather tranch coat
Hey! Come join the most adictive RPG of all time at www.the4th-coming.com, If you join ask for Kratos
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Makeshift Medbay, Fort Max

Red Alert scowled.

Of all the times...

"Acknowledged, Prowl. We should dispatch a security team immediately to deal with the breach, but I have to stay here to guard Prime."

The security officer's optics narrowed; Groove was an adept scout and Bumper a talented planner, but they weren't exactly the best mechs to entrust Prime's safety to right now.

"Windcharger and Powerglide should be adequate for the task. Sideswipe and Crosshairs can provide backup if needed."

His scowl deepened.

"Let me know if I need to sound the general alarm. I'd do it now, but I don't think our fellow Autobots would like it very much."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Silencer greeted Smokescreen

"alright there mate , come to work with me ?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Landfill drove back and forth across the fake airfield leaving tracks all over . He knew if this was a real airfield they were constructing there would be plenty of evidence of heavy vehicle traffic."
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

----------Fotrmax Command center----------
Warpath and Rosdos follow Cliffjumper for a patrol.

----------Fortmax----------
Hoist arrived at Fortress Maximus
"Are you call me?"Hoist asked.
MirageHoundFan
Protoform

Post by MirageHoundFan »

Fort Max corridors to Outside

Cliffjumper grinned as Warpath and Rosdos followed him out of the command center, then he transformed and headed outside, revving his engine and slowly heading out to patrol the perimeter.

Makeshift med-bay

"I'm sure they won't" a quiet voice spoke up behind Red Alert, where an unfamiliar blue mech sporting the Autobot insignia leant casually against the frame of the door leading to the corridors "Was checking this place out when I heard your voices, need any assistance guarding him?"

OOC: had to stick Dev somewhere, ¬_¬

Airfield

"It's not a hole" Grapple replied, sounding like he was about to have a hissy fit about the minibot's lack of respect for his latest project "It's an escape tunnel, and we need to construct it properly"

Concealed under the shadows of a nearby tree, a large feline raised one eyebrow at the architect's comment, shaking his head with a "some things never change" based chuckle and silently watched both construction teams.

"So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave" - Captain Mal Reynolds
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Having repaired Primes superstructure, Ratchet began the task of restoring or replacing the many external systems
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

"Oh that's great! You need to dig a hole for the cowards to dive in. Well Grapple, I would be more than likely to dig a hole for you to go to next time we get attacked. Why didn't you just tell me you were given the yellow paint for a reason." Brawn stood up from the rock and clasped his hands together.

~~

Blaster nodded and nodded to Fastforward. "You start scanning for any sorta human transmissions, switch from transformer frequencies!"

Fastforward nodded and opened up all known human channels, his brain module was capable of keeping up with every frequency with no problem. Even one blip and they were caught.

"All Autobots we have humans trying to be big and play transformer inside the Autobase. Keep your optics sharp and watch where you step! Or you're gonna be cleanin' a mess off your boot if you hear what I'm saying!"

He flicked on a repeating message that blared the words CODE TWO ALERT over the Fortress Maximus frequency. He stood up and opened his chest compartment ejecting the three Cat-tapes.

"Alright boys, go play find the humans!" Blaster said with a grin. Steeljaw snarled and all three turned and lunged out of the communications tower and ran towards the location the tripped alarm.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Red Alert spun around, cocking his rifle and drawing a bead on the new arrival. He held his rifle steady, even after his CPU dredged up vague memories of the Autobot standing before him.

A bounty hunter, he thought with a measure of distaste, but Smokescreen's incident report spoke well of him. He seemed to be loyal to our cause, not a bottom-dwelling freelancer like Doubledealer or Death's Head.

Slowly, almost unwillingly, he lowered his weapon.

"I suppose. It would make more sense than arresting you for wandering into a restricted area, anyway." The security officer forced himself into a more casual stance, signalling that Devcon's presence was acceptable.

He glanced back towards Ratchet and Prime, nodding in satisfaction as he saw that the medic had managed to repair the most vital parts of the leader's innerds.

He's going to make it, Red thought. A small measure of hope blossomed in his spark. Primus only knows how long he'll be in recovery, but he'll live. That's the important part.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Wilderness. Cave.

Outbacks optics dimmed and went out. The recepticle shining light into the refracting cave dimmed as well as its power source powered down. Soon the cave was bathed in darkness, with only the sound of trickling water to disturb the unexpected slumber of a rambunctious minibot.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Makeshift Medbay

Bumper sat on a pallet and watched Ratchet work. The yellow minibot was feeling very overwhelmed, and didn't really know what to do with himself. He didn't even have the task of keeping the injured autobots steady on the truck anymore.

(OOC: would some authoritybot mind noticing Bumper having nothing to do and give him some miscellaneous logistics work, or maybe helping Blaster with surveillance or something?)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Fort Max. Corridor.

Pipes walked next to Arcee, heading for the exit/entrance ramp to Fort Max. "Hey," Pipes nudged Arcee in the ribs. Well, actually in the lower thigh, but the idea was the same. "Maybe we'll get lucky and get ambushed. I tell ya, I haven't gotten my hands on any decepticreeps since we got kicked off of Cybertron, and I'm itching, I'm itching." Pipes began smacking his fist into his other palm rhythmically.

Standing in the entranceway was Powerglide, leaning against the wall. The rain had just cleared (OOC:its cleared, right?), and he was about to transform when Pipes hailed him. "Glide! Glad to see you're lookin' spiffy again. Hey, we're supposed to be on some mundane patrol, wanna join us with some aerial surveilance?"

Powerglide grinned. "Why, I'd like nothing more."

(OOC: if Powerglide is supposed to deal with Nick, does he know about it yet? The way I read the post, Red Alert suggested him, but he hasn't actually been told yet, so I'm playing it like he's ignorant of it at the moment.)
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -rolls up and transforms, muttering something under his breath about being a security unit, not a construction mech, looks over at Grapple- "Awlrahght, Grapple. Where're th' shovels?"

Medbay, Fort Max:

Brainstorm: -finishes making the repairs to Sideswipe- "There. All finished."

Command Deck, Fort Max:

Chromedome: -looks over at hardhead after Blaster's announcement- "You want this one?"

Hardhead: "Nah. You go for it."

Chromedome: -stands, nods in greeting to the rest of the ah hoc bridge crew, runs off the command deck-
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC @ Zisteau: Red just suggested Powerglide. He hasn't gotten his orders yet. So you were right. :) )

Red Alert cast a glance over at Bumper. The Minibot looked a bit shell-shocked, though the security officer knew he might just be projecting his own emotions onto the smaller figure.

Still, it might be better to get him out of here. Just in case. And someone should check on Getaway after all this time.

"If I send you somewhere else, can you promise to keep word of this" he gestured expansively towards Ratchet and Prime, "secret?"