[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss Part 4: A Tale of Two Houses (Neobase/Debris)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Reflector

The Edge of the Abyss Part 4: A Tale of Two Houses (Ark)

Post by Reflector »

While the main Decepticon force attacked Autobot City in Colorado, a small but deadly strike team known as the Mayhem Attack Squad lit on the Neos adopted home of the Ark. As the battle went on, it became apparent that the Decepticon incursion was taking the advantage. Several Autobots were badly damaged, but the timely arrival of Springer and the Wreckers drove off Bludgeon's men.

However, Bugly stayed behind long enough to trap the Autobots in their own entry forcefield and destroy the supports that kept the ancient craft from sinking into the volcano below. The combined forces of the Wreckers and Neos managed to save the ship and their lives, but the battle convinced Springer that the Ark is not a worthy home for his team.

The Wreckers have left the Ark and are currently en route to northern New Jersey to inspect the abandoned Decepticon base there as potential real estate. The Mayhems have returned to Carbombya to heal their wounds. Meanwhile, the Neos work to repair the substantial damage done to their base and friends while Skyfall plans his revenge. Those sensors still working have picked up a distress signal from a remote part of the desert in Australia...
Aero Blade

Command Centre

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero heaved a sigh, wiping away some lubricant as he looked about the command centre. He'd fixed everything damaged from the battle, except a few monitors that were shattered beyond repair. He for the meantime had rerouted any necissary computers to be able to switch signals with the remaining monitors. Putting away his tools, he openned a com to the Neo Leader. "Skyfall, Aero Blade here. I've got the command centre fixed up, but we're gonna need a few monitors changed out in here," He reported.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall nodded, waiting for any response from Skyhammer or Warpath:

"Great job Aero Blade. I want computer access in a few other places, so we can pick up some extra terminals when we're 'Shopping'. Take some down time. I'll head up to Command and Control as soon as I get a chance."
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

"I will go there and get what happend there for you."Then Warpath tranform and go to Fortmax
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

Warpath arrive at Fortmax then head to medbay he see many of Bots has been repair but no one repair Kup then he turn to Hoist
"Why don't you repair Kup he need help!"Warpath ask
"He's errrr... he's.......err.......dead."Hoist answer.The minibot
walk slowly and back to the Ark

--------------------

The Ark

Warpath meet Skyfall after back from Fortmax
"Almost everything is OK the injury has been repair Grimlock got a little problem with Prime
and more minibots come to help and........Kup.........he's dead."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall nodded to Warpath, then turned to Skyhammer:

"Keep an eye on him. And if you guys get into trouble over there - give us a call."

Skyfall then turned and headed down into Medbay. As much as he didn't like to show it - the damage was piling up. You don't fight Bludgeon and walk away unscathed.

He walked into Medbay and spotted Jazz on the table. Ignoring his wounds for the time being, he hit his thrusters and floated near the comando's head, where he could see him without moving too much:

"How you doing? Any chance for some tunes any time soon?" he said to his second-in-command.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

"Roger that," Aero radioed to Skyfall. His own interpretation of 'down time' was messing around with machinery, so he decided to return to the consols, trying to optimize them.

After a little while, befor he could have the chance to do much, the transmissions computer started beeping, registering an incoming signal. Aero turned his attention to the distorted signal, trying to sort it out before he sent out another signal to Skyfall. "I'm picking up an odd signal. Looks like it's using a rather old Autobot signature, almost outdated. I think it's a distress signal...origin point seems to be the Autstralian desert..."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall cocked an "eyebrow" at Aero Blade's transmission:

"Keep monitoring it - and see if you can gain contact with Autobase, though I still think Skyhammer and Warpath will get the message there faster."

Skyfall pondered a little. The Omega was still damaged and he was in no condition to fly. Unfortunatly, he was the only fighter on the Neo's team who could fly (There was no way he was sending Starlight and Co. on their own.).

He looked over at Greatshot for a moment:

"Greatshot. I know you just got here, and you're not a Neo - but I need you for a mission."
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Greatshot studied Skyfall for a moment, sizing him up. Was he serious? The two had just met, and already he was being sent on a mission. Greatshot's suspicions were running wild, but the Micromaster helped him when he'd needed it, no questions asked.

"What do you need me to do?"
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall noted the much larger Autobot's demenor and nodded:

"I'd send my team, but our flyers are down. We're still Autobots and there's an Autobot destress becon coming in. There's no doubt that the 'Con's have recived it as well. I need you to head out there and see what the situation is. It's not going to take too long until the Omega's up and running, then we can join you.

"But it's up to you....."
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Greatshot nodded.

"Of course, I'll be happy to do it."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

"Great." The Neo leader said, "You can refuel at any of the stations, and see me before you head out."

Skyfall then hooked himself up to an energon port (the One that had an Energon Z flow) and waited for Astra to come back.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Greatshot turned and walked up to one of the refueling stations. As he felt the energy washing over him, he found himself asking the same question over and over.

Why am I doing this, again?

------------------------------

A short time later, Greatshot stalked up to Skyfall.

"Recharged and ready. So, where would you have me go?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Eastbound

Whirl pulled another aerial shrug.

"The base is out in New Jersey; the Decepticons might have been back to strip it, but they didn't when they first abandoned it. Apparently Scorps and his men were pulled out pretty quickly. Not sure exactly why, though; I wasn't here."

He turned back east, so that he was flying straight.

"We'll find out soon enough, anyway."
Hyper Prime
Protoform

Post by Hyper Prime »

(OOC: and I'm back. thanks to Heinrad for taking care of my characters. okay, now back to the game)

After learning about what had happened, Countdown made his way back to the medbay. He then slowly walked to a cr chamber, opening the door and shutting down to the let the machine replenish him. Hopefully he'd be more help if he was a hundred percent again.
Scrounge75
Protoform

Post by Scrounge75 »

Skyhammer checked his shells pulling a slightly bent trident from his outer one and sub spacing it for future use. He scrambled inside , giving Warpath ample time to scramble aboard if he wanted to. He fired up teh engines and took off. Destination Autobase.

(ooc leaving the thread)
Brave Maximus

The Ark - Medbay

Post by Brave Maximus »

As Skyfall sat there, enjoying a few moments of rest. However they were brief as Greatshot had finished recharging long before the Micro Master's mind could truely relax.

"The destress call came from the Australian desert. All I need you to do is go in an investigate the ship and who's in it. If there's any Con's there - radio for backup. If we're still down, we'll redirect from Autobase...... but that's not going to happen."

The Neo's commander then handed over the co-ordinates to the destress call:

"Here's the comm frequency to the Ark. It's secure, so no Con's will over hear it, and it won't give away your position. Come back alive."

Once Greatshot had his orders, Skyfall sighed and turned to Jazz:

"You get better soon. I need you up on your feet, I've got a feeling that bad things have gone down - and they're not done yet."

Skyfall then turned and walked out of medbay.

Going to have to get Astra to look me over later. Need to get it done before the next mission though - I can't fly in jet mode with half a wing missing. Now, lets see if Aero Blade's really as fine as he said.....
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Greatshot turned away from Skyfall and headed for the main entrance, entering the coordinates as he went. Once at the entrance, he leapt into the air, transformed to jet mode, and sped in the direction of the distress signal.
Brave Maximus

Mt. Vesuvius - Italy

Post by Brave Maximus »

Violet energy crackled around the chest of the motionless Micro Master combiner. After a moment, the golden Autobot symbol began to glow and a heart beat later, the purple eyes of Sixwing flickered into life.

The Neo then sat up and looked around. He spotted human villages down the slope of the mountian he was on - but none of this mattered to him. His mind was full of vengance. Vengance against the one that plunged him into the lava. One of the ones who would spawn "Him" in the future.

It was this anger, this hate, this thirst for vengance that drove the creature now known as Sixwing. It fueled him and gave him power. With in moments all his systems flaired back to life and he split into his component pieces with the slower Chaingun in the Combiner Jet's cockpit. They took to the air and headed West.

All the while, the humans at the research centre were desperatly trying to contact the Ark. When they saw the 6 jets leave - they gave up the attempt......
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Sixswitch did another mid-air pirouette for the sheer fun of it.

"So, what do we expect when we arrive at our new base. Can we expect it to be totally abandoned? Looted? And once we're there... What are we gonna call it?"

The Sixchanger was in buyant spirits, and was eager to get on with... Well, with whatever Springer had in mind, but it was definitely better than sitting in Fortress Maximus doing nothing.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"