[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss Part 4: Depths of Deception (Carbombya)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

While he hated to go to far from the shuttle (in case, they had to leave quickly for some reason), Carnivac knew that this hunt for a doctor sounded easier then it would be in reality. After leaving the zoo, Carnivac took a sort of blindman's walk up and down some Hollywood streets and ended up on some place called Sunset Boulevard.

" This looks like a good place to start doctor hunting" Carnivac said over his commlink.
" It doesn't matter if you win or lose,
it's how much damage you cause to
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf replied :

"Yes it looks like a good spot "

__

James spoke

"call the Guard Jesse , i'm going to check who all these people at the gate are"

_ _

Approaching the gate Glenn slowed down opening his window as a shape emerged from the darkness stalking towards him. Steering with one hand he pointed the harpoon out of the open window , his pickup hit a pot hole and it veered off shattering the window of a parked car

The lion gave him a look of contempt and stalked off

__ _ _

Somewhere in hollywood

A old overweight insominiac lady smartly dressed walks along a quiet street walking her pekinese it races ahead round a street corner tugging.

Suddenly the lead goes slack , she picks up the pace anxious . She turns the corner and halts dead in her tracks confronting her is a huge aligator its jaws sticky with blood and tufts of fur

"my frou froukins " she squeaks before fainting dead away

The alligator waddles away heading for a nearby storm grating
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

As James talked, Jesse made her way to a telephone and began to call anyone who might be usefull.
---------
Carnivac started looking around for a doctor by reading the signs that hung over the buildings along the boulevard.
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf indicated a building

" this one smells medically sign says what ?" he queried

_ _

The film crew screeched to a halt in front of the zoo and scrambled out
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

" It says dentist" Carnivac said as he looked at the sign.
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf responded

" shall we try it yes after you friend."
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

Carnivac shrugged, then shrunk down to normal wolf size. Walking over to the building, Carnivac openned the door and walked it. The pretender ignored the people in the waiting room, going straight to the person behind the desk.

" Take me to our doctor" Carnivac said to the secritary.

The secritary blinked for a few seconds, then fainted. Since it appeared that the squishy wasn't going to be very helpfull, Carnivac descided to go looking for a doctor on his own. A few moments later, a wet Carnivac walked out of the building and regrew to his proper height. Carnivac then shook off the water, not caring what else he got wet so long as he got dry.

After he was done, Carnivac turned to Weirdwolf and said " That is not the doctor we're looking for."
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf replied

" if you wanted to go to a grooming parlour said should have you yes. Search we will continue yes."

He chuckled

_ _

James strode down and confronted the news crew, he explained the situation , and the news crew poked around. While they were doing so Winston pulled up .
_

Winston
" got some footage for you man , salvaged it from dem cameras , shows the two robots attacking the studio."
_ _ _

Glenn had been poking round the zoo and yelled out

"lookee here what aive found , i got me here a genuine autobot symbol, so it wasn't them decepticons after all ."
_ _ _

The news crew ran over to inspect it , Bob filming it caught in the fencing .
_ _ _

James came back carrying a digital memory stick .

" I've got some footage from the zoo , but I'll need some money for it , we'll need all the funds we can get to repair the place
_ _

Winston chipped in

"dats right man I want some of the green stuff too and not for the studio , dig it ."
__ _

Some haggling later prices had been agreed and a report filmed , the footage was winging its way back to channel 7 HQ .
___

TV Screens all over America.

"Good evening this is Henry Davenport bringing you the news.
First up our breaking exclusive story.

(VT of studio plays on screen the footage is in colour but shaky and from an odd angle as the attack disturbs the cameras position, no allegiance signs are visible on the 2 robots from this angle , Henry's voice continues in voice over.)

"The Mysterious beasts terrorising our city have struck Hollywood part demolishing a film studio , now over to Vanessa Granger, the promising actress for a live eyewitness report.

During our five minute break, two robots , who we believe are Decepticons tore their way into this studio. One was mostly purple and in his robot form. The other was looked like a robotic wolf and had a grey/yellow paintjob. After one of them broke a piece off the stage, they were joined by this gigantic dark grey wolf with red eye. The mostly purple one messed up the rest of the stage, while the dark grey wolf harressed the director and the yellow/grey one took out the cameras. Then for some unclear reason the mostly purple one and dark grey wolf stop what they were doing. The mostly purple one transformed and some how went inside the dark grey one. Then they left." [I/]

Henry continues

"now over to April at the city zoo where the trail has lead our intrepid reporter to a scene of chaos and carnage and a startling discovery .

( VT of the animal cage rolls, it is an infrared cam used for nature studies not a security camera, no colours or markings are visible )

April speaks over it

"our trail has lead us to the zoo where the two robots attacked the poor defenceless animals killing some of them and slaughtering this zebra , you can see on the screen. Tikki was a present from Premier Gandhi to the city of LA and she will be sorely missed. The most startling evidence is this symbol.
(footage shows of symbol caught in the fence) The attackers were not decepticons as we first believed but Autobots , one of them lost this red marking known as an Autobrand in there escape , are these rogue robots or is this a startling change in policy an indication of things to come , with decepticons helping democracies and Autobots terrorising animals , the world would seem to have flipped upside down.

Now over to Mick Dundee our animal expert , who will give you tips on how to react if confronted by one of these zoo animals the Autobots released.

"thats rights Sheilas and buckos what you need to remember when confronted with an enraged animal....
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

" Well, it was the wrong place for that. Only grooming going on in there was for teeth" Carnivac said as he started searching again.

Carnivac only stopped when he came to a building's window that displayed used tvs. It wasn't the display itself that stopped him, more like what was playing on the tvs. Namely, a news story about Weirdwolf and him.

When it came to an end, Carnivac sarcastically mummered "Great..."
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

"Trouble see I " said Weirdwolf

"we need doctor quick , either Autobots will come or Human forces or Destrons playing for media , i suggest we find hospital will have plenty doctors there yes."

_ _

Channel 7 HQ

George spoke

"i still think we should have run it past the lawyers are we sure its autobots causing this trouble.

Mr Hedges replied

"look George , its great tv , the destrons are in what have the autobots done for us lately heh . No if they come at us with there own lawyer thats a story too , they're the good guys they're not suppose to have lawyers. Its a great scoop , I want all our roving crews out there some ones gonna come for these robots whoever they are and i want footage in the can when they do understood? "
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

" That's exactly what I was thinking" Carnivac said as he started moving again " Just in case, we better not let anyone else see our symbols...or get cought on film."
the other party."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Command Deck, Trypticon

Wipe-out sat contentedly behind his command console, monitoring the goings-on inside his master while the Breastforce plotted and schemed. It was, he decided, a good life, if not a terribly exciting one.

The minibot tracked his optics across the panel's status board and a blinking light caught his attention.

Communications, he noted. But from where?

A few keystrokes brought up the routing information from the message, and Wipe-out frowned.

Quebec? Well, this is interesting.

After reading the message's text, he was even more interested. Flipping a switch on his console, he opened a channel to the city's commander.

"Great Leozak, I've received a message from a human nation that is interested in joining your grand association. Do you wish to speak to him?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

"a sound plan yes , must cover all contingencies yes "

Weirdwolf followed Carnivac hunting for a hospital
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

Carnivac continued looking for anything that might have to do with a doctor. He spotted many shops, restraunts, and things squishies probably gawked at. Carnivac was about to try his luck on another street when he finally saw the sign that said Hospital. Walking over to it, the pretender mummered " It's about time..."
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf followed Carnivac's gaze

" ahh at last some luck, i think we have not time to bully or hypnotise doctors , think we should say we are Destrons and were ambushed by Carbombyan terrorist cell ,m that way will help us freely and standard of work will be higher yes. a good plan or not what think you ?" "
Igos Du Inka
Protoform

Post by Igos Du Inka »

(Message appears on tvs,radieos,com links)
Browning: This is Browning former general adviser to the first circle, as most of you have hered Starscream went on a suside mission to cybertron in order to save the planet. Now I don't know about you but after all these years Starscream made sence. If the Quentessa forces completly take over Cybertron where do you think their next target will be? Junk,Charr,Io,..Earth. So I ask you today not as a Deciptcon but as a Cybertronion let us but our past differences in the past and join together to take back our homeplanet.

Does it take Starscream the former leader of the seekers to talk sence into all of us?! So Autobots,Deciptcons,Destrons,and all those who might be caught in the middle, let us join together as Cybertronions one last time *Transmission ends*
Hey! Come join the most adictive RPG of all time at www.the4th-coming.com, If you join ask for Kratos
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

Carnivac thought about it, then said " Considering what we've done in Hollywood so far, I think we should leave the Destrons out of it. Command wouldn't like us 'accidently' destroying what the Destrons are building."
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

"good point " said Weirdwolf

"it could backfire on us yess , if it wasnt for the news crew that is obviously on our tail might have worked, so in hospital quickly and one eye for autobots etc yes. Maybe to confuse humans you should call me Chainclaw without shell is same approximate colouring yes ."
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

" I wasn't planning on giving out our names...besides I don't think the Autobots have a pretender wolf shell' Carnivac said as he shrunk and went into to the hospital.

Some time later, Carnivac walked out with a doctor and mumbling something about not calling him 'lassie'.
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf looked perplexed.

" who is Lassie, one moment let me scan data banks aha.
Lassie a celtic diminutive term used for females often young and sometimes considered patronising. Understand I do not human gender means nothing to us and apparent gender differences are merely the result of niche marketing. My colleague think I you would consider male yes . Deeply perplexed am I . But more importantly you treat my injured organic associate will yes."

Weirdwolf pops hatch and administers an antidote to the anasethic and waits, groaning and grumbling are heard and Monzo peers out of the hatch and glares at everyone .

"still hanging with Toto hear i see Wolfy, i see ya got me a sawbones then kind of cute she is too for a human ."

Weirdwolf keeps quiet but if looks could kill Monzo would have needed an undertaker rather than a doctor.