[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss Part 4: Depths of Deception (Carbombya)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

" How many times do I have to tell you that you can do things as a wolf too." Carnivac said, then pointed over to where his pretender shell was terrorising the director.
---------
" That is if we survive this encounter" Claire almost snapped back, then added more thoughtfully "and don't let Briggs write the script."
" It doesn't matter if you win or lose,
it's how much damage you cause to
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf nodded

"is true yes but i do miss opposable thumbs when wolf am "

turns head and crunches a cine camera in his jaws his jaws ripping and rending the metal.

-----

Sirius replied

"good point sweet stuff , think we better retreat to the office till theyve calmed down , I need to collect thoses faxes and check our insurance policy see if we are covered for attacks by giant robotic animals
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

" There was a time I use to feel the same way." Carnivac said as he looked over the set, every now and then breaking or changing parts of it.
-----------------
Claire went a bit white and whispered " I don't think it is..."
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf grinned as he crunched a roman chariot thast was on the set .

__

Sirius nodded

" godarn money suckers , but maybe if we got any of this in the can we can sell it as documentary footage , theres always a profit somewhere. Now hunnybun lets go get that documentation.

___ __

Up in the lighting booth , Winston took out his mobile and dialed 999

" Hello Police this is an emergency Mon ,, they're trashing the studio .

_ ____

Up on the hill Glenn looked up from the paw print he was studying , looks like it'll be easier to find them than i thought ."

He pointed at the studio, the noise coming from it making it clear where his creatures had gone.

_ ___

April took up position in front of studio , Bob with his camera on her , Lee with shotgun mike in place

" The tranquility of an otherwise quiet night was shattered here at Fort Lee , when 2 of the letters were apparently vandalised, the security guard Glen Mahoney 67 went to check out the disturbance and was attacked by a wild animal , we have no idea where the animal came from is it escaped zoo animal or the result of genetic modification gone horribly wrong , we do not know but what is clear no one is safe , behind us a film studio has apparently become the latest victim to these wild monsters , more after these words from our sponsors."

"cut thats a wrap ." April said

"that should do for the intro , lets go see whats going on down the hill , weve got ourselves a story."
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

" Let me guess, Bruckner finally pissed off some one he couldn't pay off." Detective Gregori Mace Dubrinsky said clearly not happy that he was getting this call.
---------
Bored with playing withthe director, the pretender shell looked around for something else to do. Finding nothing, it contected Carnivac by their link. After a few moments, Carnivac stopped what he was doing and transformed into his altmode. Both Carnivac and the shell started moving towards the other side of the studio. While they were walking, the two parts joined together before cutting another hole in the side of the building.

" As fun as this is, getting on the squishies news network wouldn't be a good idea. Feel free to finish what your doing, I'll be at the zoo." Carnivac said over the comm link to Weirdwolf.
-----------
" One small problem with that, the cameras have already been distroyed." Claire said.
the other party."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

OOC Note: Decepticons on the Flamberge, we're moving to the Nemesis thread.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf growled in agreement

and moved towards Carnivac

_ __

Sirius emerged from the office having run in there he emerged holding 3 bits of paper 2 contracts and a background sheet

" Mr Carnivac , Mr Weirdwolf how would you like to be in films , We''lll pay you in 4 star petrol . What do you think I could make you stars , it could become a franchise , regular salary plus percentage of profits and the merchandising . You could be police robots fighting crime robo cop with robotic wolves I can see it now "Robo Wolves, Crime fighters".

_____

Winston replied to Dubrinsky

" not unless the mob have robotic wolves under there control , 2 of them are destroying the place punching holes in the building smashing equipment.
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

" What kind of robotic wolves? Decepticon, Autobot, or man made." Detective Dubrinsky said.
----------
Carnivac looked at the squishy, then over to Weirdwolf and said " Is he trying to catch a nova?"
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Winston replied

" I think theyre decepticon H' officer , they all have dem purple badges except the big hairy one ."

_ _

Sirius upped his offer

"5 percentage points and enough high octane oil to fill 5 tanker rigs a month , "

___

Weirdwolf looked perplexed at the Squishie who clearly had some kind of rust rot in his cerebal processor.
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

" He is trying to catch a nova" Carnivac mummered, then turned his glaze back to the squishy and said " We'll consider it and get back to you with our answer some time before the next age of rust."
---------
" I see..." Dubrinsky said as he put his hand over pair of the phone and looked over at his fellow officer "What is the procegure to follow for a minor Decepticon attack? I don't think they covered that in the academy."
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf headed for the hole

"Squishy touched in head is yes" he muttered

__

Sirius

"ok then I'll get my people to talk , to your people ok "
_ _

He shouted back at the Squishy

"deal is then yes , contact Ratbat is our agent yes ."

Weirdwolf Chuckled softly to himself as he imagined the squishies reception should he ever get in touch with the decepticon fuel auditor

___

Glenn swiftly followed by the news crew were heading down Mount Lee in hot pursuit
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

That wasn't what Carnivac had in mind and he really would have like it if Weirdwolf had left Ratbat's name out of it. Carnivac's answer to the squishy had been a joke, Weirdwolf's answer had been more serious, even if the headmaster had also ment it as a joke. Not only was there the fact that Weirdwolf had short of agreed to the deal for both of them, but the whole point of coming to Hollywood was to find a doctor and keep the other Decepticons from finding out about it. All in all, Weirdwolf had better have a lie ready to tell Ratty if the squishy actually did manage to some how contact the tape.

"Now if you'll excuse us, we still have places to...be and people to see" Carnivac said to the squishy before stepped over the human and resumed heading towards the zoo.
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf paused , and wished he knew when to keep quiet ,his throwaway remark would cause them trouble , the Squishie seemed determined and He could only imagine what kind of trouble it would get if he got through to Ratbat , the joke at the Squishies expense would backfire on him and it would get him in trouble.

He turned moving towards the squishie, un sub spacing the medi kit . looking through it he considered poisoning the Squishie but that would get them in even more trouble. At the bottom he found several vials marked MW

aghh Mindwipe's emergency kit he thought pausing at thought of his defunct comrade

Moving close to the Squishy as if to whisper something in his ear before leaving, he manipulated the hypnospray with his paws thankful he had the practice with Monzo . Spraying the Squishie he said to him low so only he could hear.

"forget you will about movies with robot wolves in yes , " Weirdwolf thought desperately " movie you will make instead "
Weirdwolf racked brain for something to discredit and distract Squishie " it will be about world after giant flood has been , you will build many many sets , use many many boats , it will be a massive film yes , people will love it , nothing will stop youm making it yes , it will win a lil precious metal statue you sq.. humans love so much yes."

Weirdwolf moved away task accomplished heading out zoo bound
speaking to ."Carnivac

"sorry about that got carried away yes, forgot need for secrecy must be a hollywood thing ."

Weirdwolf looks crestfallen
_ _

Sirius turned and spoke to Claire who was a little way away

"your right princess , its a bad idea but , I've got a new idea think Mad Max on the high seas ,action ,boats ,mysterious heroes , pirates it'll be massive."
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

" Just don't do it again" Carnivac said "and if theres anymore of that Mindwipe stuff, bring it along. We could use it on the doctor afterwards."
------
Claire looked over at Sirius, wondering what had brought about his change of heart. Usually Sirius didn't let do of an idea until he had made sure there was no way he could do it. Turning her glaze to the leaving robotic wolves, Claire realized that his out of characterness suited her fine.

JUst in case, I better not give him any time to change his mind, Claire thought. Smiling over at Sirius, Claire took out a pen and note pad out of her purse.

" Tell me all about the water world idea." She said.
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

LA Zoo

Dr James Herriot made his rounds , the wolves were restless tonight he thought as he examines the canus lupus lupus , checking on the zoo's pack he wondered what was agitating the pack

___

Weirdwolf prowled along following Carnivac

----

April and Glen arrived at the hole in the wall simaltaneously , |Glen going first rifle in hand April close on his heels , they grind to a sudden halt at the scene of destruction before them.

April bursts out

"what happened here ?"
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

So may choices...so little time, Carnivac thought as he looked around the zoo. The selection of animals the zoo had was proving to much for his feral side to resist.
------
Vanessa Granger looked over at April and Glen, then said "Robotic wolves."
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

April questioned Vanessa , what did they look like? Human made or Cybertronian ? Autobot or decepticon ? Did they Mention what they were doing in LA ? Was there any film footage available ?

_ _ _

Police Station

Lieutenant Falk wandered over his shabby brown rain coat open

"Whats going on over here Dubrinsky , is there a problem ? " He Queried .

_ _ _ _

Glen rifle cluctched in his hand was questioning Claire

" what ya know about those darn critters that trashed my letters ? They some kind of gentic experiment gone wrong or maybe its something to do with those darned Satanists ? I'm gonna hunt me one down and put its head on me wall."

___ __

Weidwolf cast an optic over his comrade , the prescence of so many animals or prey seemed to have tapped some kind of primal side deep within him . One of the side effects of pretender shell he thought .

"here doctor " he growled softly as he padded softly after
Carnivac
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

" IF the person I'm talking to isn't dunk, lieing, or pulling a prank...then some Decepticons just trashed Bruckner's studio." Dubrinsky said.
--------
Vanessa sighed and said " One was mostly purple, the other was a dark grey wolf, and the last was grey and yellow. Before they left, the mostly purple transformed and some how went inside the dark grey wolf. They were Decepticons and I think they just came here to have some fun. As for the film fotage...they destroyed all our cameras before going."

Then Vanessa looked over at Glen and said " I really think your going to need a bigger gun."
---------
While he was aware of every move Weirdwolf made, Carnivac's attention was on other things and none of them was a doctor. With what could only be described as a cruel chuckle, Carnivac started hunting.
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Glen replied

"it does sound young lady that these are not your average critters , ah can see frahm the mess they made of your studio .
_

April turned to Vanessa and Claire

" would one of you ladies like to do an interview for the news"
_

Weirdwolf prowled the concrete of the zoo's paths
__

Lietenant Falk responded

"sounds like we better swing over and check it out these movie types have a lot of political pull , want to go for a ride Detective , we'll take my car."
_ _

Sirius still not quite himself turned to April

" how would you like to play a mermaid in my new film about a post global warming world maybe you and Vanessa ."
_ _

Dr Herriot halted his task and listened intentedly.

He was sure he had heard the unmistakable clatter of claws on concrete echoing throught the night . He hurried to the office taking a tranquiliser rifle from the emergency store it sounded like one of the animals had got loose.

He took his walkie talkie and called up the other duty officerto find out where they had got to .

"This is James , sounds like we got a code four where are you ? over."
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

" Since I'm answering your questions, I guess I might as well." Vanessa said. Claire was to busy writing something down in her notepad to answer April.
-------
" Be right there." Jesse Roeswood said to James over her walkie talkie.
-------
After walking between cages for a while, Carnivac suddenly stopped at one. The pretender easily tore it open and walked into it.
-----
Dubrinsky thought about it for a minute, then told the person on the other end of the phone before hanging up. Grabbing his coat, Dubrinsky said " Why not, it will get us away from our desks for a while."
the other party."