[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss Part 4: Depths of Deception (Carbombya)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

April turned in front of the camera

"still hot on the trail of the mystrious beast , it leads us to this film studio , an hour ago this was a normal days shooting , now it is a shambles wrecked by robotic beasts . Vanessa Granger up and coming actress tells us her story . Tell us what happened Vanessa ?"

_ _

Sirius to Claire

"how much would it take to get hold of an old tanker ?"

_ _

Winston yells down

"the police are on the way "

_ _

James answered

"sure thing Jesse I'll see you in five watch yourself it might be one of the Lions "

_ _

Lieutenant Falk lead the way down to the parking garage and slid behind the wheel of a battered grey Peugeot

_ _

Weirdwolf padded after Carnivac

" see I destruction will lure Dr to us yes ?"
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

" Nope." Carnivac said.
-------
" During our five minute break, two robots , who we believe are Decepticons tore their way into this studio. One was mostly purple and in his robot form. The other was looked like a robotic wolf and had a grey/yellow paintjob. After one of them broke a piece off the stage, they were joined by this gigantic dark grey wolf with red eye. The mostly purple one messed up the rest of the stage, while the dark grey wolf harressed the director and the yellow/grey one took out the cameras. Then for some unclear reason the mostly purple one and dark grey wolf stop what they were doing. The mostly purple one transformed and some how went inside the dark grey one. Then they left." Vanessa said.
--------
Dubrinsky took the shotgun seat.
--------
" We still have that old tanker from the 'Loose Ends' series." Claire said.
-------
Jesse grabbed her tranqulizer gun, made sure it was loaded before saying
" That also goes for you too, James."
" It doesn't matter if you win or lose,
it's how much damage you cause to
the other party."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Command Deck, Scorponok

Fast-track stood at the command console, guiding the huge citycon down to the ground beside it's brother-vessel Metrotitan. Crisp, white snow covered the glacier that the city was settling down on, which meant that columns of steam were rising from the ground where Scorponok's landing thrusters were still firing.

Scorponok walked into the room behind him, a tightly-packed bag over his shoulder. Fast-track locked down the console as the landing cycle completed, then turned to his master. Scorponok frowned at him.

"You have the finalized upgrade schedules?"

"Yes, master." He handed a datapad to the city commander. "Everything should be completed on schedule, for both cities."

"Excellent." Scorponok nodded, then clamped a claw down on his chief drone's shoulder. "I'll be departing, then. The cities are in your hands. I trust that they will be in one piece when I return." He removed the claw.

"Of course, my master." Fast-track saluted sharply, a gesture which the city commander returned. Scorponok then turned on his heel and left the room.

Shuttlebay, Scorponok

Several minutes later, Scorponok strapped himself into the pilot's seat of his insect-like personal shuttle. He ramped the engines up to full, tearing out of the shuttlebay and setting his course towards the Nemesis. He cast a wistful gaze towards his city as he left, but quickly clamped down on it. Even when he was alone, he couldn't risk letting his weakness show...
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf settled down and decided to watch the show .

_ _ _ _

Sirius beamed

" this film is going to be huge , we'll need extras , I wonder if we can hire sailors again from that S american country again whats its name lure , use there navy ."

_ _ _

April shouted

" cut , good stuff Vanessa I'm going to upload the footage we've got so far to the studio they'll broadcast it as a breaking story , it means the cat will be out of the bag with the other channels but if we want to be first we have to act now , the damage on Mount Lee is going to attract more newsies anyway . Plus the police know now anybody with a police scanners gonna be all over this .

Bob and Lee had purloined some of the studios undamaged equipment and were uploading it to HQ

_ _ _ _

Glenn was wandering round the studio ad had found the prop department .

He returned to Claire

"Does this Harpoon gun work "

_ _ _ _ _

A batttered grey Peugeot turned into the studio

and Lieutenant Falk got out and slipped a treat through the rear window for a Basset hound that was lolling on the back seat .

_ __ __ _

James smiled in relief as Jesse came into sight

"best we stick together on this one , where do you want to check first ?"
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

It wasn't long before Carnivac was happily eatting what use to be a zebra. The pretender didn't pay any attention to the zebras, elephants, rhinos, and girraffes that made their escape through the holes in the cages that Carnivac had made during his 'hunt'. He could always hunt them down later.
------
" I suggest we start over by where the noise is coming from." Jesse said.
------
Claire rolled her eyes while half listening to Sirius. When Glen spoke, Claire glared over at him and said " Don't even think about it...it was hard enough getting the paper work done so that the film crew could use them as props without you using them to anoy a giant robot."
------
" Your welcome." Vanessa said.
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf watched the slaughter , while he enjoyed the thrill of the chase he'd never felt the need to consume an organic
__ _

James pulled Jesse to one side as an enraged and scared rhino thumped past them missing them by a hairsbreadth .
_ _ _

April spoke

"did they show any sign of where they were headed next"
_ _ _

Glen slipped away when Claire was distracted leaving the harpoon by the front door he disappeared Lee tagging along back to the Mount Lee gatehouse

They reappeared 5 minutes later Glenn driving a battered Green pickup with Lee in the news van behind they pulled up in the studio's drive behind a battered peugot which looked like rust was the only thing holding it together.

_ __

Lieutenant Falk moved through the doors

"Police whats going on here " he asked
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

When Carnivac was done with the zebra, he used his shell's tongue to get the blood off his muzzle. Noticing Weirdwold was watching him, Carnivac said " Before you ask. Yes, that was a pretender shell side effect. No, I also eat metals, fuel tanks, and energon."
------
Jesse watched as more frighted animals moved passed. "James...I think we're going to have to call some more help" She said.
------
" Not really, they only mentioned that they had places to go and people to see." Vanessa said.

When the police came in and demanded to know what was going on, Vanessa stayed silent. She had already told what happened and didn't want to go over it again. It was someone elses turn to tell the story.
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf nods

"ability to process organic matter gives greater efficency , gives more choices of sources yes"

_ _

James answered

"your right Jesse who you gonna call police , national guard , zoo directors, weve never had a mass break out before . "

_ _

Winston answered the police

" 2 decepticons and a big ole hairy wolf thang they did come in here and wreck the joint , they beat up the place good , then they left thata way ."

He pointed with one finger
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

"Not all organic matter, the shell can't stand eatting most plants...I learned that the hard way" Carnivac said " Now that I'm done having lunch, would you like to continue on our quest to find a doctor?"
the other party."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Briefing Room, Carbombiya:

Leozak, Drillhorn, and Gaihawk: -seated around the conference table, staring agape at one of the monitors-

Jalgar: -walks in- "Well, the elections went off without a hitch, Captain. Hellbat's briefing the winners now..... What're you guys looking..... at....." -trails off as he turns to face the monitor, watching muted footage of Weirdwolf and Carnivac touring the zoo- "Oh, boy......."

Drillhorn: "You said it, Jalgar. What do we do, Leozak? If we want to keep this 'defender of the Earth' cover, we'll have to respond to it if the Autobots don't."

Leozak: "Don't remind me..... If nothing else, the Cybertrons of this time aren't nearly as efficient as they are in ours. There'd have been somebody there before that zebra was half eaten if they were."

Gaihawk: "Well, relic thumping is almost as good as thumping Cybertrons, I suppose......"

Leozak: "But we can't thump them. Not fatally, anyway." -thinks for a moment- "Not right now, at least...."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

(ooc where did they get the footage from news crew hasn't caught up yet was gonna do a report later )

Weirdwolf nodded

"doctor is next priority yes , need to keep low profile out of trouble will use hypno spray more ,that way can have fun and no being will be the wiser maybe if meet humans should tell them your shell is a rogue and hunting it down we are . then zap with hypno spray or maybe could paint on autobot symbols for duration that will cause the auto creeps problems or you in shell can blend in with escaped animals from zoo yes , if we make sure wolves escape yes, will be perfect cover what think you ."

Weirdwolf grinned and reached in side his subspace pocket
He produced a battered autobot symbol on a twisted piece of metal running a claw over it to make it look like it had been dislodged during an animal attack .

"insurance yes "

_ _

A small procession left the studio

Glenn had left first his harpoon gun he'd requisitioned on the passenger seat . The howls of frightened animals filling the air
led him in the direction of the zoo

The news crew were quick to follow there van hot on his tail

__ _

Lieutenant Falk headed for the door he paused

"one last thing did anything about the beasts strike you as odd?"

Sirius answered

"one slipped inside the wolf creature like a shell , the other had no head in robot form and talked strangely

Lieutenant Falk thanked the Studio suit and exited the building

Lieutenant Falk slipped in his car and radioed HQ

"Commandant Lassard we got a couple of robots probably decepticons loose in the city am in pursuit ." he waited for Dubrinsky to catch up with him .

At the studio

Winston was poking through a camera looking for the digital memory he pulled out a chip triumphantly .

He wondered what the news crew would pay him for it as he hurried out into the parking lot he saw he'd just missed them

as he headed over to an ambulance parked in the section of the lot used for props so he could use it to catch up he looked behind him as he thought he heard footsteps hurrying after him .
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

" Perhaps we should leave it near the fence when we go through it on our way out." Carnivac said " As if the symbol was torn off the Autobot as it left."

Carnivac started heading away from the way they came in. Some time later, Carnivac found another fence and tore another way out.
------
Vanessa exited what was left of the studio.
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirwolf gave a wolfish grin

"a most excellent idea yes , You have a cunning and devious central processor ."

Weirdwolf planted the evidence on a torn part of the fence

_ _

Winston turned waiting for Vanessa to catch him up
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

(OOC: Oops. I thought it was being uploaded to wherever it was being uploaded to live. Think of that post as having happened during the broadcast.)
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

" I do have my moments" Carnivac said as he moved away from the fence " Of course there's no way to garentee the squishies will buy it."
-------
" While I realize this might not be a good time, you asked if we could met after we were done filming today" Vanessa said to Winston.
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

((ooc easy mistake to make will work out how to supply ya footage of zebras.))

"true "growled Weirdwolf

" but a little disinformation goes a long way yes, now we must a doctor find ,lead on friend ,the hunt is on lets go find us a doctor ".

_ _ _

Winston replied ,

"it was nothing , my cousin he got a script he wanted me to show you , but that idea got kinda got over taken by events , i found some footage from the digi chip in one of the cameras was gonna chase it down to that news crew .

_ _ _

Edit suite Channel 7 HQ

Mr Hedges (Network Suit) ; So we ready to transmit the footage yet

George ( News Editor) : almost April just phoned in she says they on their way to the zoo by the looks of things , ok lets roll the first report as a teaser and then we'll combine whatever we got at the studio with zoo footage , any news crew that goes to Mount Lee now is gonna be out of the loop the only eye witness is with our crew.

Mr Hedges : Sounds like a plan if we can keep the story rolling through tommorrow we can grab the prime time ratings .

__ _ _ ______ _____________ ______________________

Henry Davenport Channel 7's top anchor man sat in front of the cameras .

" welcome back after the break , this just in an on the site report from our roving reporter April O'Neil . Something mysterious has damaged one of Hollywoods most famous landmarks Mount Lee over to April for the breaking story .

The tranquility of an otherwise quiet night was shattered here at Fort Lee , when 2 of the letters were apparently vandalised, the security guard Glen Mahoney 67 went to check out the disturbance and was attacked by a wild animal

(camera cuts to Mr Mahoney )

2It was a giant ole wolf creature massive with huge jaws and some kind of backpack , it bit old Bessie here right in 2"

(cut to picture of Mahoneys bisected .45 )

, we have no idea where the animal came from is it escaped zoo animal or the result of genetic modification gone horribly wrong , we do not know but what is clear it is still on the loose and no one is safe , more after these words from our sponsors." [I/]
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

" That is why we came to Hollywood for and your right, we should get back to it" Carnivac said while thinking about what kind of doctors would be found at the zoo. Common sense said animal doctors and even thought Carnivac was sure that some animals were more advanced then Monzo, the doctor probably wouldn't agree. So on his way out of the zoo, Carnivac let a few more animals out of their cages...including the wolves.
------
" We could met some other time then" Vanessa said, a bit interested in the script "Good luck catching them."
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf grinned as the wolves ran free .

"does shell reduce in size or that size always is ?" he queried

_ _ _

James spoke

"theres too many escaped Jesse wer'e going to have to call in the national guard , it too big , god knows how it happened but half our stock is roaming the streets including some predators."

_ __ ___

Sunset Boulevard

an irritated elephant brushed a panel van as it rumbled along the street the van capsized plunging through a store window alarm bells started ringing.

a tiger stalked along a road bed a coiled spring ready to attack
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

" It can, but you can't" Carnivac said as he continued to leave the zoo.
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

"ahh " Weirdwolf nodded

he padded after Carnivac sniffing the air for any clues to the location of a coctor