[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss Part 4: Rising From the Ashes (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside Fort Max

Recoil started pushing a crate towards Wideload's load bed.

Command Deck, Fort Max

Crosshairs strode out of the lift, nodded at Fortress, and walked towards the thankfully-repaired weapons console.
Scout

Post by Scout »

The response was said firmly, but the scout was silently uncertain.
"Yes Optimus. We'll secure the immediate area and await your arrival."

Somewhat reluctantly, Hound turned his attention to the shuttle.
Strange for them to abandon it. I don't like this at all. It just doesn't make sense from any tactical stand.

"Well Groove, I'm not getting any signs of energy signatures down there. Either they've rigged the shuttle to explode, laden it with some contaminate or set some hidden emission traps. We'll go down and pull teams. We'll shut down the shuttle from outside, but we'll hold off on entering until Optimus arrives."

A quick look at the slope down and Hound picked out a path to the valley that they could manage safely enough in their robot forms. Sureshot and I can go down there first. Once we get to the bottom, we will cover you and Bluestreak. When Optimus comes, I think he'll be arriving from the other side of the valley - across from us. The road on that side is at grade level, so he'll meet right with us."
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

"Copy that Hound " Sureshot replied , watching the direction that the 'cons went in
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

Outside Metroplex

After a short silence Cliffjumper tore his gaze away from the ruins of the Autobot City "Sorry, you guys, I was thinking" then he gently took Metroplex' laser core from Magnus.

Atop Fort Max

Lost in his work, Grapple didn't answer the comm for a moment as it went off, then replied to Landfill's request "I'm busy sorting out the weapons, I'll meet you to talk about it in a bit"

Outside Fort Max

"An interesting story" Devcon replied quietly studying the minicon with a not unfriendly expression, his arms folded across his chest "The Quintessons have Cybertron? I hoped those were just rumors"

Mountain Valley

"Alright, Hound" Bluestreak piped up on hearing the scout's advice, and shifting his gun from one hand to the other as he moved forward a bit to look at the valley, watching the shuttle closely.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Outside Metroplex

Huffer turned and followed Cliffjumper towards Fort Max. He had to restrain himself to keep from reaching for the schematics for Metroplex. "So, Cliffjumper, long time no see. What have you been up to lately?"
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Groove nodded, and trained his pistol on the shuttle below, watching Hound and Sureshot descend. His eyes were open for any signs of Decepticon activity. Hound was right. It didn't make sense.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Above Kansas Airbase

Dai Atlas's large form hovered high in the sky. Way above the altitude of most of the traffic from the airbase. The problem was that the traffic at lower altitudes was extremely busy, and would be hard to navigate - especially for a ship his size.

"Alright, listen up," he told the Occupants of the shuttle. "If Sunstreaker reaches a shuttle, we may have to take offensive action. Airspace below us is pretty congested, so I want to concentrate my efforts on getting through it. That's why I need your help. I have short ranged weapons turrets along both my sides. I'll need you to man them, and do the shooting if it proves necessary."
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Scout

Post by Scout »

Climbing down carefully, Hound picked his way along rock outcroppings that would support multiple heavy weights, testing them accordingly for safety. The limestone, slate and sand mix in the area could be tricky from time to time, depending on the way the mineral grains ran.

Several minutes later, he reached the bottom and turned around to scan the area. He pulled out his gun and waited for Sureshot to arrive behind.

--------------------
--------------------

Inferno followed the others to the mine and readied himself to shoot coolant out. "All set!"

--------------------
--------------------
Trailbreaker laughed. "I can push a plow, got my own actual-factual. Be back shortly."

He jogged off toward a maintainance bay.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Making his way quickly down the decline, Sureshot reached the bottom and turned to cover his fellow Autobots
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Aboard Dai Atlas

Pipes, Outback, and Bumper moved to man the turrets as Dai Atlas requested.

++++++++++++

Powerglide did a barrel roll around Dai Atlas as he opened a team-wide comm. "That traffic congestion is no trouble for me. Let me know if 'Streaker gets close to a shuttle and I'll go delay him a bit. He seemed to like talking down to me last time we met, he'll probably pause to do it again."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -left and right hands retract, liquid nitrogen sprayer nozzles deploy-

Denver:

-Ambulance arrives, and two paramedics come running in to take care of the wounded would-be terrorist-

Muzzle: -tapping his foot impatiently-
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

After cataloguing the remaining parts in the medbay, Ratchet sighed

This never seems to end

" Magnus " Ratchet radioed " What is the condition of Metroplex's foundery? "
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

Mineshaft

"Yeah, big guy" Firestar called, with a wry smile as she trailed after the others towards the mine "Let's do this"

Outside Metroplex

"Likewise, and the usual" Cliffjumper replied as he made his way towards Fort Max, both arms wrapped the laser core, cradling it carefully against his chest "Kickin' 'Con aft and enjoyin' it"

Mountain Valley

Watching Hound climbing down, Bluestreak absent-mindedly began polishing his rifle, then he turned his attention to the shuttle, watching for any signs of movement.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Sideswipe moved up behind Streetwise looked around inside the shuttle bay. "Where do you think he is?" Sideswipe asked turning around just in time to see the yellow Lamborghini flying towards them.

"Behind us!" Sideswipe cried, but hesitated in raising his weapon. By the time he pulled it up Sunstreaker already had his rear mounted cannon out.

"Too slow rouge," Sunstreaker snapped and fired a blast out hitting Sideswipe in the chest and knocking him back. Sunstreaker transformed as he neared the fence jumping onto Sideswipe's falling body and using it to propel himself upwards. He lept over the fence and where Streetwise was standing and transformed again b-lining straight for a shuttle with the cargo doors open.

Sideswipe struggled back to his feet and turned. "Ahhh you're going down!" Sideswipe raising his flare gun and fired off two shots at the escaping Sunstreaker.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Powerglide could barely see the shots being fired below. "Looks like we got trouble!"

Powerglide cut power to his engines and entered a dive like a peregrine falcon chasing prey. Small bursts of his engine kept him dodging the air traffic effortlessly.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Streetwise glanced over his shoulder as Sideswipe was hit, but immediately switched his attention back to his target.

"Air support, prepare to bring the target down. Powerglide, see if you can clear the air traffic to give Dai Atlas a shot."

He launched himself over the fence, rather less gracefully than Sunstreaker had, transforming in midair, and landing on his two left wheels, axle screeching in protest.

As he raced along, panels in his hood slid back, revealing his air-compressor cannon. He opened fire with a blast from the weapon, but knew that he'd rushed the shot and he'd probably miss.

He screeched to a stop, transforming back to robot mode and firing blasts from his pistol at the fleeing target.

Meanwhile, in the sky above, Dai Atlas had fired his powerful engines, sending the large shuttle into a steep but controlled descent.

"Be ready," he told Pipes, Outback and Bumper. "Once Sunstreaker's shuttle is clear of any air traffic, bring him down."
Reflector

Fort Max: Lab Commons

Post by Reflector »

The door behind Skyfire slid shut as he moved from the chemical laboratory into the MDL (Manufacturing and Design Lab). He knew exactly what he was looking for, so he moved with more than his usual confidence through the room, his full canisters hanging under one arm. His optics traced the course to a particular locker in the wall. He stopped, kneeled, and put in the combination to open it. Inside were a dozen or so miniature holo-projectors, lined up neatly in a steel half-box. Skyfire scooped up the entire item with his free hand. He stood, kicked the locker shut, and began on his striding way toward the exit.

Outside Metroplex

Just as Ultra Magnus' optics followed Cliffjumper and Huffer away to Fortress Maximus, he was intercepted by two others. He looked down to Tracks and Scoop, pondering visibly for a moment before lifting a faint shrug.

"I have no immediate need for your services except mundane efforts - sweeping up scanners in the field, things of that sort. The rescue effort is finished, but with the ground unstable, it may be best for you two to stay away from the city until we're secure."

Magnus stopped the last word somewhat abruptly, his comlink beeping in his head. He looked out over the valley as he clicked on to respond.

"Manufacturing facilities are down, Ratchet. The Decepticons knew just where to hit us to bring the whole city to a halt. The warehouses are secure, however. Something you're looking for?"
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Above the Space Port

Powerglide began weaving about in the air, playing chicken with the air-traffic. First one then another aircraft veered wildly out of the way. It looked chaotic, but Powerglide knew exactly what he was doing, dancing nimbly from aircraft to aircraft. It didn't take long for the other nearby air traffic to get the message and veer out of the way.

He swung up and out of the target area after clearing the zone. On the team-wide comm:"All clear, fellas."

He then accelerated into a maneuver that would allow a bombing run of Sunstreaker's shuttle if that became necessary.

++++++++++++++++++++

Aboard Dai Atlas

Pipes, Outback, and Bumper readied the guns they manned. The weapons were locked and loaded. Although Pipes and Outback were clearly exited for something to be happening, Bumper was approaching the situation with a clinical professionalism that belied his normally shy demeaner.

++++++++++++++++++++

Outside Fort Max

Huffer walked with Cliffjumper towards the entrance ramp to Fort Max. He replied to the red minibot, "Heh, you should get together with Pipes some time. Thats all he's talked about the last few years. That and his silly gadgets."
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Ratchet frowned apon hearing Ultra Magnus's reply.

" We are just about out of 75% of out nessessary parts and Fortress Maximuss does not have the facilities to create the parts we need. "

After a moment Ratchet comtinued.

" Is there any chance of salvaging the foundery and setting it as a stand-alone facility? "
Reflector

Outside Metroplex

Post by Reflector »

Ultra Magnus pondered the predicament very briefly, almost instantaneously - he had grown accustomed to making split-second decisions. He glanced down at Tracks and Scoop and raised one index finger to them before responding to Ratchet loud enough for them to hear.

"The energon delivery system is demolished. At a premature guess, I'd say it would be as much work as building a completely new facility, but I'll send in some engineers to get you a more refined estimate when it's safe... The primary warehouse should have some fundamental parts to get you started; link me a bill of materials and I'll double-check against our stock. Or perhaps we could send an envoy to request a loan from our human friends?"