[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss Part 4: Rising From the Ashes (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Holodeck, Fort Max

"The highest setting, of course," Snarl said. "As if I'd do anything else."

He saw Macabre's cannon shot knock Sludge down to the ground, then frowned.

"That guy isn't enough to take ol'Straxus's spot..."

He saw a new form flickering to life...then ducked as a blast from holo-Flame's main cannon tore through the wall behind him.

"That's more like it!"

He grabbed a handful of rubble and tossed it at the red, orange and yellow tracked vehicle, hoping to create an opening for Grimlock to move in and do damage at close range.

Swoop growled as Jhiaxus's fists dented the armour on his back. He did not, however, stop trying to bite the hologram's head off of it's shoulders.

Outside Fort Max

Hot Rod pulled up alongside the abandoned rig and popped his cockpit open to let John out. As he waited, he called to Scoop.

"I think you can head inside now."

Recoil saw an orange figure wandering around the trucks, and headed for him.

"Hey," he called to Wideload, "are you here to unload?"

Pentagon, Washington, D.C.: Earth Defence Command Annex

Captain Fairborne walked into the office of the general in charge of the EDC's North American forces, somewhat unsure what it was that he needed that was so urgent that he needed to see her so soon after she'd been freed from that Carbombyan hellhole.

General Brathwaite's secretary let her into his inner office, and she entered. The general was talking quietly on the telephone, and gestured for her to take a seat.

"Yes, sir," the general was saying. "Yes, sir, I understand that. Are we going to replace him?" He listened for a moment, then nodded. "I agree, sir. We really don't have any choice other than to pull Samson, after what happened...Yes, sir, I do have a candidate in mind...I'll know in a few minutes, sir. Can I get back to you on this?" He nodded again. "Thank you, Mr. Secretary-General."

Brathwaite hung up, then turned to Marissa and grinned.

"It's good to have you back, young lady!"

"Thank you, sir. It's good to be back." Marissa smiled slightly.

"You talked to your father on the way here, I'm told?"

"Yes, sir. He was...glad to hear from me."

"I'm sure he was," the general said. The slightly overwieght black man pushed up his glasses, then sat up in a more formal posture. "I'm afraid I didn't call you here for a social visit, though. How much did you see about the fiascos in Quebec and Carbombya?"

"Quite a bit, sir." Marissa frowned. "It...doesn't look good."

"No, it doesn't. General Samson is being forced into retirement over his attack on Carbombya. The Secretary-General is already looking for candidates to replace him as point-man in our relations with the Transformers."

"Who do you have in mind for the post," Marissa said, already pretty sure she knew the answer.

"You," Brathwaite told her.

"I thought so," Marissa shook her head. "I'm just a captain. I don't have the-"

"No."

Marissa frowned, confused. "No to what?"

"You're not just a captain." Brathwaite tossed a document across the desk to her, grinning. "The EDC needs heroes, Marissa. You more than fit the bill, and you've been a captain for a long time. You're going to be given a chest-full of medals. You're going to be promoted, probably by at least two grades. Hell, there's even talk of giving you a parade. I think you can do the job. If you want the gig, it's yours. No one will be able to say no to the EDC's biggest hero."

"I-" Marissa found herself at a loss for words. "I...uh...a parade?"

The general nodded.

Marissa frowned. "Tell me about the job."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Scoop transformed

" aye aye Sir "

He rolled towards Autobase

_ __ __ _

Wideload looked down

"hello there , thats right rime entrusted me with this important task , I'm Wideload pleased to meet you .

_ _

Tracer and Holepunch hopped down and joined Recoil

Tracer asked "whats the plan ?"
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Hot Spot nodded.
"Yes sir," he told Magnus, then turned to look at the hull of Metroplex. It looked remarkably intact from the outside. He guessed that the bombs had been planted in key locations inside, in order to damage the internal workings.

"Blades," he spoke into his comm.
"On my way Boss," Blades replied. "Just finished delivering the last of the injured to medbay."
"Good. I need you in the air. Magnus is worried that an evacuation of Metroplex may be needed. You'll be best positioned to spot developments up there."
"Gotcha. Blades out."
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Walking up behind Ironhide, Wreck-Gar managed to free one of his hands and used it to tap the older mech on the shoulder.

"Hey ho there, Ironhide," he said. "Mesa got the big boom booms."
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Windrazor stood silently in the clearing, pleased with the positions his men had taken up. Without being instructed in detail, they had chosen tactical positions that he might well have done himself. The assumption would be that Mirage was being held inside the cave - if an Autobot tried to enter, Tempest would give them an unpleasant surprise. StarBlade had the clearing covered, and Echoshift would be another useful surprise if the Autobots decided to spring an attack.

The mission leader stood ready, senses straining for any sign of the Autobots, though there were none. He was still concerned though - the attack on his shuttle in the desert was well orchestrated, and invisible. According to StarBlade, a scout, Hound was involved. Maybe that was the person he'd spoken to over the comm.

He ran things through his head, and came up with a practical minimum of two Autobots on his tail, but it was more likely to be three. Two scouts - Hound and one other who'd kicked up the sand near the shuttle, and a warrior with some reasonable firepower to be able to damage his shuttle. Three against five, but with more expected. Not the best odds, but acceptable, and he still held all the cards since they didn't know where Mirage was. He allowed himself a smile.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside Fort Max

Recoil shrugged at his fellow Nebulan's question, then looked up at Wideload.

"He asks a good question. How do you want to do this? There's an awful lot of crates to move."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

"I could transform and if one of you could find a forklift you could fill my load space then we could ferry the cargo into the storage bay " Wideload replied
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -sighs, mentally referring to the map he made of the area, turns to Wreck-Gar- "That's all ya could get, huh. Oughta be enough, Ah guess. Ain't gonna have no margin fer error, though." -makes some mental calculations, picks the smallest explosive off of the pile- "Awlrahght. Dump th' rest of th' explosives down th' shaft we just opened. Then set this one ta go off an' drop it after the rest of 'em land. Then get outta this room fast as you can, 'cause th' blast'll bring magma ta th' surface out there through th' cracks, it's gonna bring a geyser of it up in here, too."

Tracks: -engine rumbling, wheels crunching through the grass and dirt, bodywork gleaming in the sun, activates commlink- "Magnus, this is Tracks. I've come to help, or at least make the area more beautiful through my presence alone."

Omega Supreme: -standing at the entrance to the valley again, transforms back to base mode, tank patrolling around the rocket gantry, sensors scanning for anything he can detect-
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside Fort Max

Recoil frowned.

"We don't keep too many forklifts around here, Wideload. I suppose the three of us could just heave the crates into your load bay, though, if they're not too heavy."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Denver:

Muzzle: -stands- "All right. Rev, come over here and keep an eye on Roland the Bleeding Thompson Gunner over here, while the accountant and I look through the files."

Holodeck, Fort Max:

Jhiaxus: -moves head out of the way, barely avoiding the snapping beak of Swoop, kicks his foot thrusters in to start countering Swoop's flight control as he attempts to slam his fists into Swoop's head-

Grimlock: -charges forward, slashing at Flame's cannon- "It gonna get interesting in here!"

Macbare: -switches targets, aiming at Snarl, firing his fusion cannon-
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Wreck-Gar nodded at Ironhide, then moved to the mouth of the opened shaft, then began to toss the explosives down.

"999 springs to flush down, 999 springs. You take one down, flush it around, 998 springs to flush down..."

Groundshaker had landed some time ago and, unfortunately, knew he had to go find Countdown.

As he walked off, he bumped into Big Daddy and the other Hot Rod patrol.

"Hey, guys," he said. "What's wrong?"

"We're going to go find Countdown," Big Daddy replied.

"Me, too," Groundshaker smiled.

Big Daddy didn't return the smile. "We're not seeing him for the same reason you are," he said simply.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Sunstreaker was now cornered. There was only one way out and that was via shuttle, but he had limited choices. No passenger shuttles would be able to carry him so he would be forced to take a carrier. He could see Streetwise and Sideswipe but he wasn't sure they could see him. He was still in the parking lot trying to pick out a shuttle.

He slowly began to move towards the shuttle gate trying not to alert any attention to himself.

~~

Sideswipe looked at Streetwise and then back to the shuttles. "Maybe we beat him here? He saw a mirror on the way and stopped to admire..."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Denver

Rev shrugged, then dragged the clerk to his feet and shoved him towards Muzzle. He walked over towards the wounded gunner and frowned down at him.

How the frag am I supposed to 'keep an eye on' a half-dead human? I'm a telecom expert, not a doctor!

The clerk regained his footing, then fished around in his pocket for the keys to the filing cabinet.

Holodeck, Fort Max

Snarl brought his energo-sword up in a swinging arc, neatly putting it in the path of Macabre's fusion cannon blast and deflecting the attack into the ground. In response to the hologram's shot, the Dinobot drew his rocket launcher from subspace and fired it towards Macabre's kneeling form.

"Eat rockets, cannon boy!"

Swoop growled as Jhiaxus's fist slammed into the back of his head, bending his crest at an odd angle. He transformed (releasing Jhiaxus from his wings in the process), drew his sword, and slashed it at the holographic Cybertronian commander.

Flame's tracks dug into the ground, propelling him backwards out of the range of Grimlock's strike. Flame continued to spew from his cannon.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Wideload nodded to Recoil

"sounds like a plan " he said transforming

_ _ _ _

Scoop rolled up behind Tracks

"reporting for duty Magnus Sah "

_ _ _

somewhere in Autobase a tv screen flickered

The tranquility of an otherwise quiet night was shattered here at Fort Lee , when 2 of the letters were apparently vandalised, the security guard Glen Mahoney 67 went to check out the disturbance and was attacked by a wild animal

(camera cuts to Mr Mahoney )

2It was a giant ole wolf creature massive with huge jaws and some kind of backpack , it bit old Bessie here right in 2"

(cut to picture of Mahoneys bisected .45 )

, we have no idea where the animal came from is it escaped zoo animal or the result of genetic modification gone horribly wrong , we do not know but what is clear it is still on the loose and no one is safe , more after these words from our sponsors." [I/]
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Aboard Dai Atlas

Pipes was laying on his side on the floor of the shuttle, drumming his fingers on the floor. "Booring!" he said in a very loud voice.

Outback sat fiddling idly with his cannon, and mumbled something about shuttles under his breath.

Bumper was sitting in the corner, and had been silent for some time. He suddenly perked up. "Er, Dai Atlas? I'm not sure what sort of scanning equipment you have, but would it be possible to scan the ground around the Spaceport to help Streetwise and Sideswipe locate Sunstreaker?"

++++++++++++++++

Outside Metroplex

Huffer waited for a reply from Cliffjumper, but the red minibot seemed distracted. He must have something on his mind. Huffer turned and looked back up at Magnus, "Maybe I should just take the core and plans to Ratchet, since I'm going that way anyway."
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Chromia walked up behind Wreck-Gar and dumped her explosives down the shaft along with his.

"I hope this works. And wait till I'm done before you light that thing, Wreck-Gar. "

She turned back to Ironhide

"Alright, lets go!"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Landfill strolled into medbay

"Ratchet has Trailbreaker been in yet ?"
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

OOC: Brave Maximus has gone away for a while, so I'll take control of Dai Atlas for the time being.

Dai Atlas's sombre tone reverberated around his transport hold in response to Bumper's suggestion.
"Streetwise wanted me to keep a low profile... However we can't risk letting Sunstreaker reach one of the shuttles. Scanning now."

Moments later, he patched into a team-wide comm-channel, addressing all of the team.

"I've got him, he's heading for the shuttle compound."

Far below, Streetwise instantly broke into a run on receiving Dai Atlas's message.
"I guess he was here after all," he told Sideswipe. "Come on!"

With that, he made a dash for the perimeter fence of the shuttle compound and vaulted it in one bound, weapon ready, eyes scanning incessantly for Sunstreaker.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Ratchet looked up from his work as Landfill spoke to him.

" Sorry, Haven't seen him "
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Aboard Dai Atlas

Upon hearing Dai Atlas' team-wide communication, Pipes got up and started jumping up and down in excitement, almost like a child about to get some candy or go to the amusement park. "Ooh ooh, go down, lemmeoff, lemmeatim!"