[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss Part 4: Rising From the Ashes (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Wreck-Gar chuckled, and began to count the explosives he carried.

"One potato, two potato, three potato, four..."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Atop Fort Max

Crosshairs shrugged, then looked at the pile of smaller weapons that Computron had hauled over for him. The pile had gone down significantly, as the Maximus's maintenance drones had started to attach the smaller weapons to suitable ports.

"The drones can probably handle attaching the smaller guns. You could stay and work if you'd like. Otherwise...not much else to be done, Topspin. We could go play with the computers, I guess. See if we can find out anything about the other Wreckers."
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Seeing as no one else seemed to need repairs, Ratchet started the task of cataloguing the remaining parts
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Holodeck:

Grimlock: -blocks Straxus' swing, slashes at the hologram's head-

Jhiaxus: -transforms, wing swinging out of Swoop's path, swinging at Swoop's head-

Medbay, Fort Max:

Tracks: -checking the flap swing on the stabilizer, running a diagnostic on his new nacelle, sighs in satisfaction, transforms back to robot mode, gets off the medtable- "And I'm good as new. Even better, in fact."

Minerva: "Then get into a CR chamber, and you'll b good to go."

Tracks: -heads over to the CR chambers, gets in an empty one-

Minerva: "What'd'ya think, Brainstorm? Reprogram the CR chamber to change him to canary yellow?"

Brainstorm: "I was thinking hot pink......."

Ironhide: "Awlrahght, Quickmix, let's get through that hull platin'." -leads the way to where the mine shft under the wreckage is- "Just gotta get through that."
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

"We both know it's going to be like trying to get a Dinobot to sit and listen. He doesn't want to come back. 'Course that is where the real fun is, 'persuading' him to come back." Sideswipe replied to Streetwise
Reflector

Fort Max: Conference Room

Post by Reflector »

Skyfire nodded to Landfill. Rather than interrupt his remote conversation with Trailbreaker, Skyfire opted instead to quietly slip out into the hall and headed for the chemical depot.

Ultra Magnus watched Warpath and Rosdos head off quietly. He slinged his rifle over his shoulder and clicked on his comlink somewhat absently.

"Cliffjumper, I have something I need to deliver to Ratchet, but I need to supervise the work at Metroplex. Come find me near the northeast wall. Sky Lynx, take a look at the new reinforcing struts. I need an overhead of how stable the supports look, and I need to know if there are any cracks developing in the earth. Over."

Magnus only had a moment to stare into the distance before noting a stimulation on his leg. He turned and looked down.

"Oh, Huffer. Is the project finished?"
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

" Acknowleged Ultra Magnus " Sky Lynx replied as he circled above the site.

" The supports and the surrounding foundation seem to be holding, I will transfer a video feed to you now " Sky Lynx continued as he sent out the transfer.
Topspin
Protoform

Post by Topspin »

Topspin nodded at Crosshairs

"Sounds like an idea. I'll go check the database I think"

Giveing Crosshairs and Grapple a wave he climbed down and headed in side the base
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

Outside Fort Max

"Glad to hear it" Devcon nodded as he watched the minicon lift himself into the air, stopping nearly in front of the bounty hunter's face "I'm happy whatever version you want to tell"

Metroplex

"Gotcha, be right with you, commander" Cliffjumper replied, transforming and revving his engine before heading off to meet Ultra Magnus at the northeast wall.

Atop Fort Max

"Thank you" Grapple called back to Crosshairs, grinning as one could see him puffing up happily, then the architect waved at Topspin before heading down to bring up more weaponry to attach to the Autobot city.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Landfill watched Skyfire leave out of the corner of his eye , the big jet seemed to have a spring in his step that had been absent for a while , maybe it was being engaged in a unwar rlike task that had caused it he thought

Landfill commed Trailbreaker

" meet us in the medbay , I'll ask ratchet to attach a blade for you , just stay clear of the path to the west , Skyfires going to cook it down with some napalm."

Landfill commed

"Grapple good buddy when ya got a minute we gotta talk about a tunnel ."

___

Landfill commed Blaster

" Blaster good buddy can ya put out a APB to all units to avoid the old animal path to the west as its gonna get hot hot , very shortly "
Zisteau

Re: Fort Max: Conference Room

Post by Zisteau »

Outside Metroplex

Huffer replied to Ultra Magnus, "Yes, the area will hold until Inferno can fill the cavity underground. What should I do now? Is there any mechanical repair or engineering or design work that needs to be done?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Holodeck, Fort Max

Straxus ducked, but Grimlock's energo-sword still sawed deep into his neck. The hologram jumped back, startled. Sludge tried to step in and finish him off, but Snarl shoved him away and charged the holographic warlord himself. His blade drove deep into the hologram's chest before slicing downwards towards his hip.

Snarl let out a satisfied grunt as the virtually-bisected hologram sunk to the ground and faded from existance.

Swoop reared back, letting Jhiaxus's fist impact on the point of his chin. He grabbed at the Decepticon with his talons and tried to wrap his wings around the enemy.

Atop Fort Max

"Good luck then, Topspin." Crosshairs frowned down at the MASER. "If you need help, give me a call. I'm going to head up to the bridge and see if the Maximus' computers are adapting well to these new additions."

The Targetmaster slid off his parch, dropping to the entry ramp below. He called back up to Grapple.

"Are you going to be up there for a while yet?"
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

"We Minicons trace our roots back to the same place as the Autobots and Decepticons: the Quintesson assembly lines. We were the maintenance line, designed to maintain all their technology. Though that didn't stop them from melting us down if anything did go wrong.

When the rebellion broke out, while the other 2 factions fought from the outside, we fought from within. We sabotaged the various systems we were supposed to maintain, covertly of course.

After the rebellion, we chose to stay hidden, maintaining Cybertron itself for the many wonderful years that were the Golden Age.

Although I wish the Golden Age could have lasted till this day, it was not ment to be. The war between Autobot and Decepticon broke out. At first, we Minicons stood at the side lines, not wanting to join either side of the war.

Then it was discovered that our ability to link with all manner of Cybertronian technology had a side effect: when we linked to an Autobot or Decepticon, their power was expanded. New weapons or abilities became active. Naturally we were drawn into the war, either forced by the Decepticons, or willingly helping the Autobots.

Eventually the resulting power boosting hinted at a terrible fate: if it had continued as it did, planet Cybertron itself could have been destroyed. So it was decided that the Minicons be sent into exile.

Our ship eventually ended up crashing in this solar system, on the planet known as Mars. It wasn't until recently that we were once again called on to use our abilities in warfare. Though this time the cause was the monstrous transformer known as Unicron.

Since then, both sides have been employing Minicons again, willingly on both sides this time. Though that proved insufficient to stop the Quintessons from retaking Cybertron.

I can't wait till we finally deal with the Quintesson problem...permanently...."

As Talon relates the events his voice saddens when he remembers all the victims the Quints made in the early days, though it swells with pride at the actions during the rebellion and in regard to the Golden Age. Saddening once again when the war gets mentioned. And turning into pure hatred in regards to the Quintessons having Cybertron again.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Kansas City Airbase

The two Autobot cars tore into the airbase terminal, narrowly avoiding the barrier as it rose just inches above them. They reached the rear, fenced-off shuttle launch pads, and screeched to a stop. Streetwise transformed into robot mode, and looked around.

"Where is he?" he muttered under his breath.

Meanwhile, high above, Dai Atlas had flown into position, and was circling the airbase, eyes and sensors peeled for any sign that his help would be needed.

Metroplex area

Hot Spot rolled up to Ultra Magnus in vehicle mode, and transformed into his bulky robot form.

"We found some survivors, Magnus. Blades is transporting them to Fort Max's sickbay now. We had to abandon our search when the ground started shaking, but I think we got almost everyone out."

He paused a moment.

"We found Scamper too. I didn't detect any neural activity, but I'm no doctor. Blades is taking him to sickbay as well, but I don't know if he'll be able to be revived without Metroplex's core conciousness online."

Medbay - Fort Max

First Aid was working dilligently. Although many Autobots were up on their feet, there were many more still badly hurt or worse, and he was up to his elbows in his work. He was ignoring all the distractions in the room, single-mindedly focusing on fixing as many Autobots as possible.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fort Max:

Tracks: -steps out of the CR chamber, all shiny, gleaming, and completely repaired, looking himself over- "And, once again-"

Minerva and Brainstorm: -unison, sarcastically- "The world is once again exposed to great beauty. Where it was briefly bereft of the most beautious thing out there, now it is whole agian-"

Tracks: -scowls- "It's not my fault that you're jealous of my good looks." -face brightens- "Now, I shall go to help with Metroplex. I might not know much about repairs, but just my presence will brighten the place up a little." -transforms to vehicle mode, revs engine, the refitted powerplant roaring with a deeper thunder, drops into first and roars away, out through the bigger entrance that Omega Supreme came in through(and left from)-

Minerva: -sighs- "Oy."

Brainstorm: "How narcisistic of him....."

Holodeck, Fort Max:

Grimlock: -looks over at Snarl- "What level you set this at?"

Jhiaxus: -winces as Swoop's talons dig into his torso armor, brings his arms down after Swoop wraps his wing around him, attempting to smash a massive hammerblow into the Dinobot's back-

Macbare: -rezzes in across the field from the Dinobots, drops to one knee, brings his fusion cannon up, aims at Sludge's back, fires-
Reflector

Fort Max: Chemical Depot

Post by Reflector »

Skyfire had no physical difficulty passing through the blast doors to the dark depot, though it did take him a moment to have his clearance authorized. He stepped cautiously into the silent cavern of a storehouse and gazed up at the impossibly tall, gargantuan tanks filled with all sorts of chemicals. The air was clean and dry, he noted; this was a clean room. Although the sanitation drones would work dilligently to eradicate any foreign contaminants Skyfire carried in, he decided it would be best to work quickly and ease their load.

His optics immediately set on a rack of small canisters, all labeled with their various volumes. Skyfire kneeled to examine them briefly and snagged four that would suit his needs. Carrying his empty items by the valves, Skyfire glanced side to side to read the compound names printed on the vats. He stopped at the appropriate ones (benzene, gasoline, and polysterene) to fill his containers before moving on to the laboratory...

Outside Metroplex

A flash of an instant expanded, in his mind at least, to minutes. And in that moment, he sighed long and blissfully at how soothing it was not to need to think about the repercussions of his failure. All he needed was to tell Autobots what to do, keep busy. It would be okay as long as he didn't have time to think bigger thoughts.

Back to Colorado.

"Roger, Sky Lynx," he commed. "Good work. Inform me if you notice anything unusual."

Magnus clicked off his comlink and looked to the Autobots surrounding him, pointing to each with his free hand as he spoke.

"Hot Spot, stay on standby. We may need to orchestrate an evacuation at any moment. Huffer, I need you to see about designing plans for a stronger, more defensible, energy efficient Metroplex. Cliffjumper, bring these to Ratchet. They're fragile and invaluable, so please be careful."

As he spoke, Magnus opened his chest cavity (a bit hesitantly; he'd been a favorite target of snipers lately), pulled out Metroplex' laser core and a disk containing his power plans and technical specifications, and held them in an open palm for Cliffjumper to take.

"You may wish to consult these plans and Ratchet for your designs, Huffer."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Wideload moved round to back of the nearest rig looking for anyone .

_ _

Landfill left conference room and headed for medbay

The assorted nebulans exited enroute for scrap heap to find AA gun parts they could use.

_ __

Scoop guarded the Rig

___

Quickmix approached the plating and exuded a powerful acid from one finger , the acid starting to break down the plating
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Outside Metroplex

Huffer looked up at Magnus. "Okay, Magnus, I'll give it a try."

He turned to Cliffjumper, "I guess I'll accompany you to see Ratchet."
Topspin
Protoform

Post by Topspin »

Topspin trudged the halls of Metroplex looking for the Archives. It can't have changed much since he was last here so he couldn't quite understand why he couldn't find it.

Turning yet another corridor he noticed the door he was looking for. Stepping through he found a vacant terminal and began to call up information about the wreckers
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Tempest sat in the very back of the cave crouching down very low to the ground. He has his sniper rifle out and laying on the ground, he had his energon pistols clamped to his forarms incase he need them for close range combat.

He saw Windrazor look around the cave and start talking into his comlink. This was not going to sit well with the autobots.