[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss Part 4: Rising From the Ashes (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Reflector

The Edge of the Abyss Part 4: Rising From the Ashes (Autobase)

Post by Reflector »

The Decepticons' forceful attack on Fortress Maximus caught the Autobots off-guard despite their efforts to prepare. Maximus was relatively undamaged, save many of the battlestation's weapons arrays. However, Metroplex was critically bombed by a small strike team and has fallen inoperative. A team of Autobots scavenges Metroplex for salvagable parts while the technically-oriented treat the wounded in the Maximus medbay and repair the city's damages.

Anti-Autobot sentiment has led to rioting in the nearby city of Denver. Optimus Prime responded by making a globally televised broadcast to beseech human allies for assistance. An angry Grimlock interrupted the event, and the two settled their differences physically. After a hard-fought duel, Prime's weapon transformed unexpectedly, revealing itself to be a facsimile of the slain Megatron. Prime quickly finished the fiend and settled to call his duel with Grimlock a draw.

In the aftermath of the fight, a shuttle of Minibots has crashed in the Maximus courtyard. Mirage has left the city to ponder his guilt over the destruction of Metroplex; Sunstreaker has struck out on his own. Autobot scanners have picked up a distress signal on an obsolete frequency in the Australian desert...
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

Warpath arrive at Fortmax then head to medbay he see many of Bots has been repair but no one repair Kup then he turn to Hoist
"Why don't you repair Kup he need help!"Warpath ask
"He's errrr... he's.......err.......dead."Hoist answer.The minibot
walk slowly and back to the Ark
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Sideswipe stopped for a second and looked at Streetwise. His brother was capable of this, he knew he was. The conversation they had earliar gave that evidence, Sideswipe just wished it wasn't true.

He pumped out air in his cooling systems and nodded. "There was something, he was talking about how we weren't supposed to be Autobots. Well, how he wasn't supposed to be an Autobot. He couldn't stand how 'passive' we were. He wanted to attack, not defend. He...." Sideswipe paused as he thought for a second.

"He thought that we should have just allied with the Decepticons at the beginning of the war. That if we had all just given in then and there there would be no problems. He said he didn't want to fight a war for people that weren't willing to fight themselves... just after... he shot at Bluestreak. I guess with all the anti-autobot sentiment the humans have had....." Sideswipe tailed off, the more he thought about it the more he thought his brother did it.

~~

Sunstreaker sat idly in the abandon garage trying to find anything he could used. He salvaged some metal from the walls and a bit of polish. Might aswell look good if you're going to defect.

He needed to find a shuttle to get him back to Cybertron, that would be hard. The Autobots would detain him, no doubt, and the decepticons would kill him.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Atop Metroplex

Crosshairs waved to the oncoming titan.

"Can you get the MASERs off, Computron?"

Warehouse District, Portland

Hot Rod sighed, hearing the dog bark at Holepunch. "Do you have any meat to distract it? Or at least a stun gun?"

Wheels' Cell, Fort Max

Red Alert recieved the data from Blaster, silently poring over it as it came in.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Outside Fort Max, Crashed Shuttle

(OOC: Ricochet is a nebulon, right? Didn't know nebulons were French ;))

Pipes looked down at the nebulon Targetmaster Ricochet. "I was the pilot. My co-pilot was gravity. You got a problem with that?"

Bumper tried to diffuse the tension, knowing Pipes was itching for a rumble. "Never mind, Pipes. We need to hit the medbay to get back up to full speed."

With that, the five minibots walked off towards the Maximus' entrance ramp and the medbay.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Streets, Portland:

"Unit 27, what is your twenty?"

Kamisky sighed, looked at his partner. "You want to field this one, kid?"

Burns, fresh out of the academy, swallowed nervously. "How do we explain it, Sarge?"

Ther crusier was nose to nose with a battered, ancient Corvette, which was making an odd engine sound(almost sounded like one of the pistons had snapped), which seemed to be yelling at them in a snooty, Harvardesque voice.

Tracks: -sighs- "Look, officers, I am simply attempting to turn over this young man, who's trying to get out of me. He attempted to steal me."

Kamisky shrugged. "You call it in, I'll get the kid out of the car."

Burns reached for the handset. "Isn't this scaring you at all, Sarge?"

"Nah. After a while, nothing seems strange anymore." Kamisky walked over to Tracks' drivers side window, and rapped on it.

Tracks: -lowers his drivers side window slightly, enough for Nikko to try to get his arm through, but not much else-

Kamisky leaned in, looking at the terrified boy. "Seem to have stumbled into something, huh, kid?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

(OOC thought I'd give them a bit of character with regional accents with earth equivalent's Ricochet's French , Silencer's Australian , Flintlocks Irish and Holepunch has a hint of the North of England .)

Ricochet turned and followed after the retreating Minibots

" Monsieur Blue Autobot , whatever your name is , no one turns there back on me , I challenge you to a competition to restore my honour ."

Holepunch looked across at HotRod

" what do i look like a t' vet or something. Maybe we should wait for this John Deere bloke to turn up "

Inside Metroplex

Silencer finished loading supplies on to Landfill

" we should get these over to the Minerva sheila , theres a lot of medical mixed in there ."

Landfill indicated his agreement and pausing to pick up his 2 nebulans he rolled carefully down the corridor headig for the exit

Wideload walked into medbay . He swayed on his feet as a blinding headache engulfed him . Trojan surged forward and again engulfed his host.

A small crane was being used to move parts across the medbay
Trojan made Wideload's body stumble against the controls in a continuation of the previous swaying , the safety interlock was knocked off and its load plunged down, the wire screeching straight into the path of 2 medics.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Outside Fort Max

Pipes didn't even bother to turn and look at the targetmaster Ricochet. "Eh, blow it out yer nose. And the name's Pipes."

He strode on with the other minicons. After being the unofficial leader of the five minicons for several years, and going through hell to get to Earth, not much fazed him anymore.
Reflector

Benner: Route 9

Post by Reflector »

Roadhandler only took a glance at his rear-view scanners as Big Daddy tore off the starting line after him, his seriousness unerring. When he returned focus to the fore, he found himself only yards from a do-not-enter sign, with cars lining up facing him as the street became a one-way.

Roadhandler snapped up his hand brake and spun the steering wheel to the left, sending him into a power slide around the corner. At just the right moment, he dropped the brake and hit the accelerator onto a curvy mountain road. He feared that Big Daddy had caught up due to his minor error, but he dared not check behind again.

Atop Metroplex

Having finished his careful climb in modest time, Computron stomped slowly toward Crosshairs and Trailbreaker, responding to the request silently. Once on Metroplex' neck, he turned to face the cannons on the fallen giant's shoulder, knelt, and wrapped his hands around them.

"Calculating energy necessary to sever cannon mounts..."

Unmoving and unemotional, Computron ejected the dual cannons from his chest plate, aimed them carefully, and fired a continuous stream at the swivel weak points. He remained unswayed while the large cannons slowly came loose.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Big Daddy had indeed gained some ground due to Roadhandler's error, but not quite enough to actually put him in front of the Race Track patrol leader.

"Almost wiped out, did ya?" he taunted. "Don't worry. Next time you do it, I won't be as generous."
Scrounge75
Protoform

Post by Scrounge75 »

Skyhammer flew in over Autobase base and examined the scene of destruction with horror . Noting the wreckage and possibility of unexploded munitions on the ground . He decided to use his shells Amphibious capabilities and made a water landing planing along the lakes surface before coming to a halt on the shore gently bobbing as his passage disturbed the water.

During his landing he opened a com link to Blaster

" Skyhammer incoming from teh Ark , where do you want me ?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Ricochet mecurial as ever looked at the shuttle and then at the weary looking Autobots .

" you must have had along and perilous journey non, I apologise the first thing you see is me shouting at you not good heh. let me introduce myself monsieurs i am Ricochet I am as you can see a targetmaster and I come from the planet Nebulos.

I am partnered with the big red autobot Qucikmix always he has his head in the clouds , some new projet , non i am too hard , he is a dedicated scientist but he is how you say always coming up with the crazy ideas , the gadgets , this place this country it is like a goldmine to him , singing flowers , sandwich toasters , electric tie racks , he must take them all apart and improve them , every where he finds the parts for his inventions and then there is the chemicals how they do smell something awful .

He just recently made a special hand for Monsieur Nightbeat copied off someone called Scrounge , he is a big hero on Cybertron non ?

But enough of my talking you must be needing attention let me show you the medbay , I am sorry but it is a bit busy now , but we just had a grand fight with the Decepticons . Maybe some of you know the engineering non we can do with all the help we can get at the moment .

On the way we can swap stories non you can tell me your history what you have done and your journey here , it must have been tres dangereux . Follow me."

So saying he lead them in the direction of medbay
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

West Coast of America, a few of hundred miles from Fortress Maximus's location.

The Shadow Reaper streaked through the night sky, practically invisible against the inky blackness. Windrazor sat stoiclly at the controls, alert for any signs that they'd been detected. None so far.

"We've just entered the country known as the USA," he told his passengers. I'm engaging silent running."

He tapped a few buttons on his console, powering down the weapons, and slowing the craft down, minimising engine emissions.

"Our mission may involve a long wait. I'm now plotting a course towards Fortress Maximus."

He swivelled his chair to face the rear of the cockpit, where the other members of his team were.

"Tempest. Once StarBlade's shot hits, I want you to grab our target. The whole operation needs to happen quickly. Fly, you will wait with the shuttle for the first part of the mission."

He looked at Echoshift and StarBlade. "You two know what to do."

He manipulated the controls of the shuttle, and it touched down in a huge expanse of countryside. Passive sensors showed that there was nothing around.

"Shadow Reaper to Scorponok Command," he spoke over the ship's comms array. "Spinister, I need you to conduct another satellite sweep of the target site. I need to know Mirage's heading and distance from Fortress Maximus."
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Sixswitch

I want to keep the Decepticons seperate from the Autobots, hence the new post.

Post by Sixswitch »

Streetwise nodded.
"Do you think he will seek to ally with the Decepticons here on Earth?" he asked of Sideswipe.

Meanwhile, two more CR chambers slid smoothly open, and two burly robots emerged.
"Are you OK?" was Hot Spot's first question to Blades.
"I'm fine boss. Nothing is hurt except my pride."
"We did all we could. And we succeeded. Menasor could not have played a further part in the battle."
"Yeah, I suppose you're right," Blades conceeded.

Hot Spot then activated a comm unit on his arm.

"Protectobots. Status report," he asked tersely, hoping that his team were OK.

"Streetwise checking in. I'm fine," the Interceptor confirmed, before deactivating the comm unit and looking back at Sideswipe.

"Groove here. I'm in my quarters."

Hot Spot was a little peturbed by the evasiveness of that response, but he let it go.

"First Aid here," the medic's voice came over the comm unit. "I'm in medbay, treating the wounded."

"It's good to hear from you all," Hot Spot said heartily, and meant every word. "I'll see you soon, once your tasks are completed. Apart from you, Groove. Blades and I are on our way."

Blades nodded to his leader, and they both left the CR chambers, and headed along the corridor.

"Hot Spot to Optimus Prime. All of the Protectobots have been returned to full operating capacity."

First Aid had immediately clicked off his comm unit after his short reply, and was now perched near Omega Supreme's head, his own head and hands buried deep in the huge Autobot's cranium. Despite hating to see so many wounded, the medic was in his element as he worked to repair the Guardian.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Hyper Prime
Protoform

Post by Hyper Prime »

Stakeout looked up to Hot Spot as he and Blades came out. He chipperly asked, "Hey there Hot Spot. You feeling any better?"

"Yeah, I hope my repair job was okay to the time you got into the CR chamber." Fixit said.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Pipes, Powerglide, Outback, Huffer, and Bumper followed the talkative Ricochet towards the medbay. Pipes ignored him until he mentioned Quickmix's gadgets, at which point his sensors perked up. "Gadgets, huh? Maybe you and I can get along after all. My last gadget got crushed in the crash-"

Powerglide: "Best thing that happened all day."

Pipes elbowed Powerglide. "Anyway, its been years since I had a proper gadget collection."

When the Nebulon mentioned engineering, Huffer said: "Yeah, I do a bit of that. Was that pile of wreckage nearby Metroplex?" Intensively detailed and complicated schematics started flipping through Huffer's mind. Detailed plans for repair and improvement flashed into view. Without even trying, ordered plans and timetables began filling themselves out in his mind. He sighed cynically. "Probably just a salvage job."

(OOC:Metroplex is nearby, within visual range, right? If not I'll edit)

Bumper: "Speaking of repair, we need a bit of it ourselves. We don't even have comm units anymore. We set down for repairs on this planet, and got attacked by these shrieking transparent aliens."

Outback: "They were very strange."

Bumper continued: "Huffer had this bizarre idea for a negative feedback something or other. He used our comm units for that."

Powerglide: "We don't have our subspacing-modules anymore, either." Powerglide points at the minibots' hips, where they all wore their guns physically holstered. He continued in his nasally voice: "That was our savant again. Huffer managed to use them to subspace out entire shuttle when we were in a lot of trouble."

Outback: "Yeah, little fella, if you want stories, we've got them in spades. Hey Huffer, can you do something about my mortar cannon? I feel bloody useless without it."

Huffer: "Something's broken. Give it to Huffer." Huffer wished he could spend more time on grand, complicated engineering problems than on regular maintenance. "Sure sure. Soon as we get in medbay. As long as there are enough spare parts and materials, I should be able to whip up a new cannon for you." Huffer sighed. Hopefully soon he would be given a job of complexity, subtlety, and scale that would truly challenge him.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Ricochet replied:

" Ahhh Monsieur Pipes wait till you see the shopping channel they have on the earthen television , 100's of gadgets they have . Just do not get B]Quickmix[/B] started he is always being distracted by thes things. There is some empty space in his lab maybe you could when you are rested move in there I will have to check with Quickmix first naturelment

Monsieur Huffer I am sure you will be welcomed with the open arms , oui we have the big problems with Metroplex , he is not so good , maybe just the parts we will will how you say salvage . The Decepticons they steal some parts for their own city .

Monsieur Powerglide an aerial autobot is I think very welcome we do not have so many, and the decepticons they have a grande number of flyers .Sky Lynx , Swoop , Skyfire

There are some other Autobots of your size about somewhere , a Brawn , he looks a lot like you Monsieur Outback and Windcharger & Cliffjumper ."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fort Max:

Minerva: -transforms, head disconnecting and transforming out of head mode, lands next to Brooke- "Where's the patient?"

Command Deck, Fort Max:

Fortress: -pulls the damaged nav console out, sighs- "Modular construction. Gotta love it."

Streets, Portland:

Tracks: -pops driver's side door lock- "Could you hurry this up, officer? He's tried to steal me, and he's drooled on my upholstry. I shudder to think what else he could do."

Kamisky opened the driver's door, pulling out his cuffs as he did so. "All right, young man. You have the right to remain silent...."
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

StarBlade nodded, dropping into a silent mode that showed just how deep her assassin's programming ran. Lifting the null-ray, she sighted along it, looking to see how good the aim was. With another nod, she set it down.

Relaxing some, StarBlade prepared herself mentally for the attack.
Sociopathic Autobot

Re: I want to keep the Decepticons seperate from the Autobots, hence the new post.

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

"No way! He may have talked about it but there is no way he'd ever do it!" Sideswipe got angry even at the notion he might switch sides.

"Listen, if you are going to find him I am coming with you." His voice was raised as he spoke to Streetwise