[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss: Bringing Down the House pt. 2 (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Brave Maximus

Nebulos

Post by Brave Maximus »

"Optimus Prime. It is with great urgency that I contact you. In a recent Archological dig, we uncovered something that, at first, appeared to be the original Hive Temple.

"Upon further investigation, we found Ancient Cybertronian Writing! It is our scientists belief that Cybertronians were at the begining of the Hive. Further more, discovered 2 symbols below a statue of very interesting importance. The much larger one appears to be a Stylized Matrix - eclipsing a ringed, HORNED planet!

"We request an Autobot team to help unravel this mystery - as we're starting to exit our relm of knowledge. I cannot tell you the implications of Cybertronian intervention with our society. And I would like it to be the Autobots who can help find an explanation to this."

Grounds beside Fortress Maximus

Dai Atlas nodded to the exiting minibots:

"Glad to hear you're all ok....."
Reflector

Benner, Colorado: Route 9

Post by Reflector »

"Yo, BmcD! C'mere, man, check this out!"

A shorter boy with an equally short mohawk and baggy pants stepped through the door of the Quick'n'Rite on the corner and looked to his friend with his eyes squinting in the afternoon sun. He took a few steps toward his friend, casually unwrapping a stick of bubblegum.

"Whassup, Pete-- Woah, sweet vehicle!"

The two boys rushed over and pressed their hands against the window of a sparkling '88 Trans Am. Their eyes widened, taking in every inch of the sleek exterior of the car. Brian pulled his head up to scan around for the driver, but he was shocked as a force threw him and Pete on their backs.

"Man, what was that?!"

The car's door, now open, slammed shut abruptly, and the engine rooared. Their eyes even wider, the boys scrambled to their feet and dashed down the street.

Damn kids.

Roadhandler reved his engine softly, then shut it down so as not to attract suspicion...

Metroplex: Halls

Ultra Magnus raised his frown to a passive flatness as the smoke around his head cleared. It had lasted for only a short span - apparently the bombs used were small but concise. He clicked on his comlink again while he trekked.

"Roger that. Autobots, I need a large unit to transport heavy material from Metroplex to Fortress Maximus. Meet Crosshairs on the cityscape for parts to move. Ultra Magnus out."
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Big Daddy and the other Hot Rod patrol members were heading to where Roadhandler told them to meet, only to swerve at the last minute as two kids ran into their path.

"Sweet Primus! What the slag was that?!" Hubs shouted.

"I think it's Roadhandler and his boys overcompensating for a design flaw," Big Daddy snickered.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Ratchet watched Red Alert walk out the door then turned to the other Autobots.

" OK who is next? "
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Denver:

Nightbeat: "True, he was criminal scum, but you can get a lot of information out of them. Of course, standing on top of a tall building holding them out over a very long drop to the ground always helps......" -starts engine- "Lead the way, Getaway."

Siren: "What are we supposed to do?"

Nightbeat: "You're fire department vehicles. Look official and act as backup."

Outside, Fort Max:

Chromedome: -sighs- "It's Crosshairs all over again....."

Hardhead: "I thought it was Pointblank."

Chromedome: "Him, too." -steps forward, looks down at the assembled minibots- "Are you guys okay?"

Medbay, Fort Max:

Minerva: -looks down at Captain Moore- "I was the last time I checked. What's wrong, cap'n?"
Scout

Post by Scout »

Trailbreaker laughed. "Yeah... how about that- no water landings. The pilot oughtta get a commendation."

He began unwiring a laser cannon while still watching the shuttle scene. As he saw the figures emerge, he grinned broadly.

"Pipes! Powerglide ... oh yeah, more airpower! Er... well Huffer made it... ooooh yeah- there's Outback and who's that? Bumblebee's twin? OWWW!!!"

A sudden latent electric surge zapped Trailbreaker's fingers and he scowled briefly as he shook his hand rapidly and turned his attention back to the weapon mount. "Dude that stings."
-------
-------
Mirage had driven for a couple hours and unhappily found that he was being tailed by a highway patrol officer. Without a moment of hesitation, he cloaked himself and continued driving. Behind him, the patrol car slowed, and the lights turned off. He could see the human scratching his head as the car stopped.

Mirage didn't know where he was going, he had no plans. He only knew the Autobots would be better off without him. The blue and white autobot pulled to the top of a mountain ridge and dropped the cloak. He transformed and then sat down to study the green and brown expanse in front of him.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warehouse District, Portland

"Good," Hot Rod nodded to Blitzwing. "Now, where are those humans you said you could get us?"

Realizing that Tracks probably wouldn't take kindly to the Decepticon, the cavalier turned to him.

"He's with us now. No shooting."

Shuttlebay, Fort Max

Prime walked through the damaged doorway into the bay, grimacing behind his faceplate as he took in the damage to the Arc Royale; her cargo bay had been shredded by a missile, and even from the doorway he could see the shredded chunks of his trailer.

He forced his attention back onto Galen's mystery. Under nominal conditions Prime would have granted their request, but given the shape of his troops he couldn't spare any resources. He was about to tell the Nebulan that when another thought occured to him.

The Nebulan government has been an ally since it was established, but we haven't been in contact for two years. If we helped them, they might reciprocate.

"I can probably spare a team, Galen. Give me a few moments to take stock, and I'll get back to you."

Muting the channel, he turned to Grimlock.

"You don't want me to ask the humans for help. Does that objection extend to Nebulans?"

Atop Fort Max

Crosshairs started to work on the disruptor, loosening screws and bolts.

"Nah, I'm just worried that Red Alert will shoot on site anyone who lands in that lake. It hasn't exactly been a good luck charm for us."

He shivered at the thought of that Decepticon combiner team that they'd pulled out of there rose to mind. He pushed it aside by focussing on work. The massive disruptor came loose from Metroplex's head, clattering down his shoulder and slamming to the ground with a cloud of dust.

He looked over his shoulder to Trailbreaker. "Watch it. If you hit one of the main power lines like that, you'll be spending the next few days in a CR chamber getting your circuits degaused."

Denver

"Sure, but I can't get too close, Nightbeat. The last thing we need is for some witness to point me out to the cops and start another chase. You and I would escape, but something tells me your buddies would get captured and set off an interstellar war."

Getaway headed off towards the downtown.

"But we've got our fleshling pals, so that shouldn't be a problem. A little walking won't hurt them."

Medbay, Fort Max

Captain Brooke glanced up at Minerva.

"If you can spare a minute, I need someone to pull a cerebro-shell out of my friend."

He gestured to the still-unconscious Captain Fairborne.
Scout

Post by Scout »

"Shocking." Trailbreaker scowled briefly again at his fingers and then focused his attention back onto the cannon with a bit of admiration.
"These babies are some pretty heavy duty-powered cannons, even when they're off."

------------
------------

Blitzwing was still in his jet mode waiting for Scoop to disembark, but something sank in the pit of his combustion chamber as he readied to transform. For some reason, he felt stiff, and every time it had happened before, he had had difficulty transforming.

Even so, he replied calmly back to Hot Rod,
"You are looking for a human with black hair. His name is "John E. Doe.".
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Scoop exited Blitzwing .

"nice flying" he said having returned to his normal brevity of speech

Tracer rushed out looking green about the gills , and disappeared behind a nearby bush , wretching noises could be heard from behind it .

Holepunch came into view.

" He always was a bit delicate." he said "whats the plan ? Logistics were always my thing . So we have 5 trucks, are they fully fuelled? Whats the loadout , if we have to take them over a weighbridge will we be stopped for overloading ? Do they have CB 's ?" How fast are they ?

Quickmix wandered out of his lab on to the command deck , eager to find the cause of the crash.

Landfill transformed and his 2 nebulan's started filling his loadbay with supplies they'd salvaged . Weaponry some personal gear that had been in storage while Autobots were posted elsewhere and medicla supplies.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Outside Fort Max, Crashed Shuttle

Pipes looks up at Chromedome. "A little banged up, all of us, but nothing major." Pipes looks at the Headmasters' drawn weapons pointed in their direction. "And thanks for the warm reception, fellas."

Outback strides up, furious. "Nothing major! Nothing major! Look at this!" He shows them his smashed mortar cannon. "How can you be so flippant at a time like this?"

Powerglide walks over. "Don't mind him. He's had nothing to do but polish that thing for who knows how long." Powerglide looked around. "Finally! An open sky!"

Huffer: "You should probably wait on that. We could all use a short stint in a CR chamber."

Bumper stood there silently. The huge bulk of Dai Atlas was a bit overwhelming, after only being around bots his own size for so long.

Huffer:"So.....what have we missed?"
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

First Aid nodded to Brainstorm and moved over to Minerva and Omega Supreme.

"How did you get the big guy in here anyway?" he asked, glancing up at the roof as if he expected a massive hole to have been blown in it.

Across medbay, Streetwise nodded at Prowl's words. The briefing was sufficient, and he sat down at the computer terminal and begun to read. He shook his head slowly. Sunstreaker's actions weren't a surprise. The egotistical Autobot had an attitude problem, everyone knew that. Streetwise had long thought it only a matter of time.

He got to his feet. "OK Prowl. I'll get started. I'll be in the security office."

He walked briskly out of medbay, before transforming into police car mode and haring off down the corridor. Just outside the security office, he transformed into robot mode, and sauntered through the doors, taking a seat behind the desk and activating the computer.

"Streetwise to Sideswipe. Please report to the security office immediately."
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

"Let's go to help other in the med bay."Hoist askSkyfire.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Sideswipe was caught off guard by the call from Streetwise. He wasn't really familiar with any of the Protectobots, so the call was a surprise to say the least.

Sideswipe was turned down a corridor and quickly made his way to the security office.

"What is it, Streetwise?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Shuttle Bay, Fort Max:

Grimlock: "Little chance of Decepticons attacking Nebulans, so they good choice. Suggest keep deal on hush-hush. Less know about it, better."

Warehouse Area, Portland:

Tracks: "Hot Rod, I'm stuck in my vehicle mode. The best I could do to that Decepticon right now is give him a hot foot." -starts engine(which doesn't sound so hot)- "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to drop this little reprobate off at the first police car I find and have him charged with attempted grand theft auto." -shifts into gear- "As for the humans that were here....." -shrugs as best as you can when stuck in vehicle mode- "They ran away." -backs up, turns around, rolls slowly away, leaving a thin trail of oil and coolant behind him- "I'll be back shortly."

Medbay, Fort Max:

Minerva: "Sure, I can remove a cerebro-shell. First Aid, could you take over for me?" -points at the huge bay doors in one wall- "And we got him in through there.

Denver:

Muzzle: "Fleshling pals?"

Nightbeat: "At least he didn't say decoys."

Nightbeat, Siren, and Hosehead: -follow Getaway-

Outside, Fort Max:

Chromedome and Hardhead: -holster guns-

Chromedome: "Trust us, guys, it's been a long day....."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Atop Metroplex

"It's a good sign, actually. If they've still got power, it means at least some of Metroplex's systems are still working." Crosshairs shrugged. "Doesn't mean you should get in the habit of getting shocked, though, Trailbreaker."

Warehouse District, Portland

Had Hot Rod been human, he would have rolled his eyes at Blitzwing.

"I'm sure it is. He glanced at Recoil. "Could you?"

"Yeah. Why not?" Recoil walked in the direction that Tracks had indicated. He glanced around, searching for the promised humans.

Hot Rod glanced down at Holepunch. "Why don't you go check?"

Shuttlebay, Fort Max

"Agreed." Prime paused for a moment. "So you won't object if I send a team to help this Galen...and to try and establish a supply line from Nebulos while they're there?"

The leader glanced at the ruined shuttlebay, frowning as he realized that he couldn't very well send out a crew in any of these ships.

I'll have to send one of our spacefaring officers, then.

Prime turned and walked out of the bay, lurching slightly as he headed for the Medbay.

Medbay, Fort Max

Captain Brooke nodded greatfully to Minerva. "Thank you."

Denver

Getaway lead the Headmasters towards the scene of the crime. He drove for about ten minutes before slamming on his brakes and parellel-parking along the curb. His hood popped open and Rev climbed out.

The Nebulan pulled a long, high-collared trenchcoat out of Getaway's back seat and pulled it over his armour.

"Follow me. What we're looking for is two blocks up and one to the left."
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

"It appears that we have a problem with your 'brother', Sunstreaker," Streetwise told Sideswipe, getting straight to the point.

"He has apparently engaged human civilian buildings, and destroyed them. I have been assigned by Prowl to resolve this threat. Before I decide on a further course of action, I want to know of Sunstreaker's frame of mind before he left. You're the person who knows him best. Any information you can give me might help my investigation."

First Aid nodded to Minerva, and moved over to Omega Supreme. His hands withdrew, revealing his laser scalpels, and he immediately dived into the huge Autobot's chest cavity, beginning his repairs.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Reflector

Fort Max: Medbay

Post by Reflector »

Skyfire gaved Hoist a sincere but somewhat incredulous grin at the suggestion. It was really his own feeling of helplessness showing through in the expression: he knew he was one of few Autobots who could help the medical team take care of the wounded, but his own wounds would bring down his efficiency too much for him to be of any help.

"Sure, I will be glad to assist once my condition is improved."

Skyfire pushed himself from Hoist's shoulder and staggered shakily into a CR chamber. The door closed, and Skyfire was immediately swept up, his damaged circuitry already being rebuilt.

Metroplex: Command Center

THUNK! THUNK! SHREEEEEEEKUNG!

It was expected that the door wouldn't respond, but Ultra Magnus had hoped he wouldn't have needed to quite tear it off... The big Autobot's big white hands gripped the door frame and hoisted, pulling him up and into the sideways room. He kneeled on a computer console to take in the damage.

My...

There hadn't been a bomb planted here, but there may as well have been. The fall had shattered much of the important equipment here; the room was a shambled mess. Magnus shook his head with a sigh, reached down into an already open console, and began rummaging to see what he could salvage.

Benner: Route 9

Roadhandler scoffed loudly at Big Daddy's assertion and flicked on his headlights.

"If you wanted to make it me and two coward humans against you and your three goons, all you had to do was ask..."

The light on the corner turned green; Roadhandler popped into first gear and nailed the gas, his tires squealing as he took off.

"...'Cause I'll take all of you on my own!"

Valley

"Did you hear that?"

The tank waited some time before answering. "Whaat?"

"That message from Ultra Magnus," the car answered. "Sounds like a job for us."

The motorcycle grumbled.

"Holy Hetrodine!" the jet yelled. "Nobody said anything about this! D'you guys see what I see?!"

The three on the ground did just as they came over the hillside - the damage done to the cities was not to be missed. They hadn't heard about the battle, having been en route from the Ark for some time.

"All right," Scattershot ordered, swooping low ahead of Strafe. "Let's see what we can do."

The Technobots closed the gap on the city quickly; once in range, they transformed and at once merged into Computron. The giant Autobot's optics roamed over the damaged city methodically. He spotted his destination at the top, but a route was required.

"Datum: Destination coordinates. Datum: Mean component mass. Derivation: Mean component potential energy. Datum: Metroplex hull map. Conclusion..."

Computron placed his hands on just the right places of the city's side and began climbing toward Crosshairs and Trailbreaker, each motion carefully thought out before being executed.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Holepunch answered :

"I will check them out. "

so saying he strolled over to the trucks where he was confronted
by a large Alsatian on an extendable chain which was attached to a grab handle on the nearest truck.

Alsatian : "arfffff grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr arff arfff Grrrrrrrrrgrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Grrrrrrrrrrrrr arffffffff arffffff "

Holepunch backed slowly away keeping out of range of the chain. He shouted back towards the group of transformers

"I'd like t' check them out . but it looks like there's a small obstacle in t' way ."

Meanwhile Tracer feeling a bit better but still a whole lot of embarrassed had gone poking off exploring the area , for anything useful he could pick up . "

Scoop was scanning the area , one optic firmly on Blitzwing . The other assesing the tactical possibilities

Back at Autobase

Ricochet left behind in Quickmix's lab had heard the crash and went out of ther main entry bay. He stood one hand on his hip surveying the scene."

"mon dieu what have those espece de Autofools done that was
my sculputure they crashed on has no one round here got an appreciation of nature and of beautiful things. Vandales I will make them replant every seed ma foi you see if I won't"."

So saying he marched down and stood in front of the Minibots

" which of you was piloting that thing."

pointing contempuously at the shuttle,

"that eyesore that hunk of junk , that a starving scraplet would reject . You crashed on my oeuvre . It would have been a masterpiece to rival the hanging forest of Galifri back on Nebulos , months of work they are ruined. What do you have to say for yourselves heh ? "
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Benner: Route 9

Big Daddy growled as Roadhandler sped off, gaining a heavily substantial lead.

"Keep watch over the others," he ordered the rest of his patrol. And then he sped off after Roadhandler, hoping to gain some ground.

Outside Metroplex

Wreck-Gar had been on patrol for quite some time, but had quickly grown bored. He then took out a portable TV and began to watch whatever was on.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Sideswipe stared blankly at Streetwise then shook his head. "Why in Primus' name would he do that? I didn't even know he was gone. This is slag." Sideswipe's vocal processor amplified as he continued to speak. He shook his head, part of him knew it was true but he refused to accept that his brother would do that.

"Listen, before he left he was angry. He was tired of fighting for this planet when we should be fighting for ours. To imply he would start trying to kill humans because of that is insane!"

~~

Blaster quickly relayed the Decepticon computer core to Red Alert.