[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss: Bringing Down the House pt. 2 (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Grimlock's blow connected, forcing prime's head to jar to the right... prime managed a reply... but it wasn't likely to work... his left knee shot up at grimlock's gut.. and as he did so, his left hand retracted, replaced by his energon axe.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Grimlock: -moves slightly to avoid knee- "What? Not like hand to hand?" -increases pressure on Prime's right hand, brings right fist back, attempting to slash Prime's face with the trailing claw on his right forearm-
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Prime brought the axe in a tight, upward slash, across grimlock's torso in reply, and started into his transformation. It was unlikely grimlock would expect a semi rig in front of him... but it wouldn't stay like that for long.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Grimlock: -staggers back, letting go of Prime's hand, pulls energo-sword, thrusts, attempting to impale the semi through the cab-
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Prime slammed into reverse, peeling away from grimlock, again shifting into robot mode... drawing his rifle, laying down a spray of fire

" Come on, Grimlock. you want to teach me a lesson, I've seen this all before. I've fought SEEKERS that put up more a fight than you!"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Corridors, Fort Max

Snarl had followed Grimlock into the base, then out of it again, when the latter had charged in to confront Prime, but he found the whole situation stupid. There were Decepticons to kill, after all, and pounding on Optimus didn't seem like the best possible use of the Dinobots' time.

"This is stupid!"

The desert warrior drove his sword into the ground, the force of his blow burrying the weapon to the hilt. He glared at Swoop, gesturing eastward.

"The Decepticons are that way. When we're done wasting time, call me."

Tearing his sword from the ground, Snarl stalked off.

Streets, Denver

Getaway groaned. "I lost them ages ago, Nightbeat. They couldn't find me if I wanted them to."

He popped his hood. Rev transformed and started scanning his partner for bugs.

"Of course, the opposite isn't true. Once we're sure I'm not bugged, I'll see what I can stir up."

Atop Metroplex

From his high vantage point, Crosshairs could see the far-off figures of Grimlock and Prime dueling.

"That's all we needed, isn't it?"
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Sludge looked puzzled at Snarl:

"But boss fighting. We need to be here..... Right?"

Swoop just shrugged his shoulders and stared off at Snarl:

"We need to be fighting the Decepticons, not eachother. Prime not Strong leader..... but....."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

(OOC: Joint post time)

Grimlock transformed, then leaped, the boosters in his legs propelling him into the air, leaping with surprising, if awkward, grace at Prime.

Prime's finger slackened on the trigger, more in shock than any other reason. "What...."

Grimlock transformed back to robot mode in mid-air. "Me told you already! Me not him!" Grimlock dropped, coming down feet first on Prime's chest, knocking the Autobot leader back, sending the laser rifle spinning from his grasp, and Prime crashing down onto his back. Grimlock pulled his energo-sword, holding the tip above Prime's right optic. "Too bad. Me hoping you better-"

Prime brought his hands up, slamming them into the back of Grimlock's knees, toppling the Dinobot over backwards and off of him. "I'm not through yet. Not by a long shot!" Prime got to his feet as Grimlock did the same.

Grimock shrugged. "Show me."

Prime moved in, hitting Grimlock in the torso, snapping a fist to his head, battering the Dinobot commander until, with a roar, the larger Dinobot backhanded Prime, knocking him away, then before he could recover, Grimlock moved in, slamming powerful blow after blow, his massive arms like piledrivers, battering the Autobot leader, finally smashing him to the ground with a mighty double overhand blow. Prime groaned, rolled over onto his back.

Grimlock leaned over him, glaring down at the battered Autobot leader. "Lesson this. Me, Grimlock. BAD A-"

Prime threw a double handfull of dirt into Grimlock's optics, brought his legs up, and slammed his feet into Grimlock's chest.

Grimlock staggered back as Prime got to his feet, slamming his fists into Grimlock's torso and head, staggering the Dinobot, finally hitting him with a rising side kick to the torso, knocking him back.

Grimlock hit and skidded a short distance, shaking his head as he stopped. He started to rise. "Now that more like....." Grimlock's voice trailed off as he found himself staring down the barrel of a Cybertronian-sized Walther P-38, held in the steady hand of Optimus Prime.

Prime's voice took on an odd, angry snarl. "I should have done this a long time ago......"
Cunning Ravage
Protoform

Post by Cunning Ravage »

Fort Max, Medbay

“What’s my problem!?” Crossblades shot back nearly shouting now. “You’re the one flinging accusations at me for a problem beyond my control! Primus I haven’t had days like this since the academy like that one time about, well never mind that. All I want to know is what’s going on, you know why bots are being dragged around, and towed etc into Medbay maybe I can help! I mean I am a good flyer one of the top of my class you know.” Suddenly Crossblades paused as some thing occurred to him. “What on Cybertron is a Sideshow Bob?”
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Fort Max: Medbay

"Sideshow Bob was Krusty the Clown's assistant, but got sent to prision when he framed Krusty for robbing the Quick-E-Mart," Wreck-Gar stated. "He then tried to kill Bart Simpson, the guy who spilled his plot to the world. Oh, and he tried to kill Selma Bouvier, but no one cared about that."
Scrounge75
Protoform

Post by Scrounge75 »

"No problem Groundshaker , just need to round up one more flying autobot then Sky Lynx will give us some training missions to do .

Wheels stood up straight as he could in his battered condition .

Lord Gigatron am ready to answer your Questions . Then maybe you will permit this humble Decepticon a visit from teh medic . Hook or Scalpel could patch me up in no time Sir . Please Sir , I know I fired on Hatemonger but it was a mistake made in the heat of battle, don't leave me to rot in this cell."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Still outside base, Mirage heard clanging and directed his attention toward the noise. He stared at the fight momentarily and frowned.

Prime and Grimlock- again.

Weak, strong, it doesn't matter if we can't get along.

The days of this group are numbered now, and it is because of me. Staying is eventual death, leaving is eventual death and we'll never be able to go home because I fell for Mindwipe's trap. We could've been on Cybertron... could have stayed there... had I resisted.

Mirage turned his head and looked at Fort Max and the smoking ruins beyond.

I am a traitor. I have killed the autobots. Allowed the plague to force all transformers from our home. I allowed Gigatron to use me to hold off Magnus, and he destroyed Metroplex. Now our leader is being challenged because of me.

I warned Prime... I told him long ago. It was a mistake- he shouldn't have asked me.

If I go now, they may yet achieve their goal here on this planet.

Mirage turned away from the sound of the battle with a cold expression. He reached up to his chest and carefully removed his autobrand. He flipped it over in his fingers twice, looking at the glimmer and scratches before stuffing it inside a dead tree.

"You're worthier than I of that. You stand firm to protect others with your friends around you... and you will die in your home, with your kind. To protect life is an Autobot's way. Be a better one than I."

Transforming, Mirage drove out onto a dirt road and headed away.

===============
Prowl sat still, trying to allow repairs to continue while listening to Optimus, but an ever increasing issue on one side of Fort Max's medbay was desperately in need of immediate attention.

With one optic being worked on and still unable to talk from missing half of his jaw, Prowl switched to an internal frequency.
"Wreck Gar. You are out of line and will stand down immediately unless you choose to provoke a restraining command order. You are repaired, go outside and patrol. Crossblades, discontinue the escalation immediately. Are you in need of repair- report status?"
--------------------
--------------------
The words sank in with a quick bite and Hound looked back to Grapple as he settled back down on the table. The grim expression on Grapple's face registered the finality.
The veteran autobot had lost many friends, and it was always difficult to accept. If he had been capable of crying, he would have. Instead, Hound sighed quietly and got a saddened expression, just affirming he understood with a nod.
--------------------
--------------------
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Landfill scrambled through the jagged hole and looked around , it was a mess picking his way gingerly along the corridor , he scanned for survivors or the rest of the rescue party.

Wideload stood at the entrance to medbay something was wrong but , he still didn't trust medics . They had taken liberties with his form too many times , he hovered by the door indecisively.
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

Fort Max Med-bay

Grapple sighed and fell silent, looking unhappy himself, then began finishing the repairs in Hound's mid-section before the scout could be patched up there and the architect could see to the gash in Hound's head.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Wreck-Gar passed a look at the infuriated Crossblades, then headed out the medbay door.
Scrounge75
Protoform

Post by Scrounge75 »

Sandstrom flared his optics yellow as an idea occured to him . He transfomred into his dune buggy mode.

"Hey Bluestreak why don't we rcae over to that tree by Metroplex ".
God Jinrai
Protoform

finale: step one: enter the true antagonist

Post by God Jinrai »

Prime squeezed the trigger.. but the gun didn't fire... it was at that point that a familiar laughter filled his head... Prime was unable to bear it... the hideous laughter of his worst enemy... and as if to oblige him, the Walter-P38 virtually sprung from his hand... transforming.

" At last... I can' finish you once and for all. This is how 2005 five SHOULD have ended... with you... DEAD... and the damned matrix gone with you." The silver and white decepticon rasped.

"N... No... it can't be... Your spark... it couldn't have... "

"Fool. How quickly you forget whom you summoned when you dared open the gates to the afterlife, Prime! Sparks far worse than I were freed that day... I'm here to thank you for my new lease on life... By sending you into the Abyss!"

Megatron ignited his energon morning star, lashing out at optimus. The blow sent him crashing across the landscape... and Megatron didn't stop there... a burst from his fusion cannon followed the brutal strike... though the blast would only succeed in blowing the ground from underneath prime.

Within prime's mind, two things were made painfully obvious. He had been duped the day he sted a copy of megatron's gun form aside as an auxillary weapon.. and second, it hadn't been him that was making decisions this entire time... he'd been influenced... subconsciously, no less, by Megatron.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

In his mind, prime could hear other voices... voices he'd not heard in well over a year... the once supressed voices of the leaders of the past. Sentinel Prime, Prima and all the others... begging Optimus to rise and fight... too long, he'd been shut out from their wisdom... and their cries hit him like a tidal wave... a wave that cleared away the fog and haze of self-doubt and pity he'd shrouded himself in.

Optimus rose... his body pocked with earth, and he stared at his own personal demon. " You turned my troops... my friends against me.... you exploited the saddness and anguish in my very soul... You made me out to be a monster... Well it ends here. Once...and for all. And let me tell you, Megatron... There's no doubt in my mind anymore... Today ends it. No more regrets over Elita's murder at your hands... No more self pity because of my own short-commings... and most of all... NO MORE HIDING WHO I AM!"

Prime rushed at Megatron in a long, hard run... he was nearly clipped by a fusion blast, but with a shift in his weight, the blast only hit the earth several feet behind him. And for the first time ever... those Autobots present would see fear in the eyes of Prime's tormentor.... and in Prime's eyes? Only Grimlock and Megatron could see the fire that had seemingly been burnt out... rekindled. And in sheer horror, Megatron was sent skyward by an uppercut from Prime. Again, Fusion blasts rained down on Optimus... and Grimlock as well... but again... Prime's true nature shone through... Diving at grimlock... sending both he and the dinobot commander out of harm's way.

"Forgive me for what I've done... " he spoke to grimlock as he rose. Megatron dove at prime... poised to deliver, what he hoped would be the finishing blow... a clean blow.. hoping to dig his hand into optimus' chest, and rend the matrix from it... What he failed to realize was the placement of Optimus' hands... brougt together, over his head, ready to be brought down.. and megatron took the bait. the instant his hand touched Prime's chest, he was sent crashing to the ground at prime's feet.

"It's... It's not possible... you can't... you CAN'T KILL ME!"
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

Outside Fort Max

Bluestreak transformed to his robot mode, glancing at the general area the med-bay was in, before turning to look over at Metroplex's remains before replying quietly "I don't think it's the right time for a race"

Inside Metroplex

Firestar scanned the corridors, patches of light in her general area as she slowly trailed a few feet after the larger, bulkier red Autobot, thankful to have not found any bodies herself, before she opened a comm-link to her partner "What do you want me to do, 'Ferno?"
God Jinrai
Protoform

phase three: final justice

Post by God Jinrai »

"You're wrong, Megatron. I can't MURDER you... but this centuries old personal war between you and I comes to an end. Today. Here. And NOW."

Prime bent down, hefting the decepticon leader up over his head, and with the flex of myomer bundles he'd not used in ages, sent the Decepticon flying. As Megatron crashed to the ground, his fusion cannon was torn from its mount on his forearm. Prime meanwhile, picked up his discarded rifle... clicking the front of the barrel to the left twice. Shotgun-style wide spread blast, high energy yield.Prime's internal computers went into overdrive calculating every possible direction megatron could take off to in an attempt to avoid the blast... all but one still resulted in his body being destroyed. And the last option... wasn't even an option. He would never be able to get to his feet in time to retreat out of range... IF Optimus didn't make the same mistake he'd made years ago.

"Mercy...optimus. Grant me that... " His old enemy rasped... seemingly edging backwards.

" For all the lives you've taken... all the pain and misery you've inflicted on the universe at large..." Prime started. His body... battered horribly from grimlock's onslaught still held firm. now, he held the support of his past... from those who came before him. And this time.. he WOULD NOT FAIL.

" In the name of all those who strive for peace in the galaxy... I sentence you to the ABYSS!"

The trigger gave way... and silence. Megatron's entire life flashed before his eyes as the clusters of energy roared at him. a muted yell would be his last physical act... his body, pierced by the beams of energy, his spark... and laser core struck, his internal power supplies ruptured.... the tyrant detonated.

"It's....over... it's finally over..." Prime exhaled, and collapsed. His spark was still strong... and despite the damage to his body... he would live to see his home again.