[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss: Bringing Down the House (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Sky, Zig zaged away from the combat, taking damage to his wing armour from Carnivac's shots, then headed towards Scorpinok, intending to return the decepticon to its home. from a great height
Reflector

Battlefield

Post by Reflector »

Having put a good distance between himself and much of the action, Windsweeper finally skidded to the ground and propped himself against a large evergreen at the base of a hillside in the valley. He opened the compartment in his chest, pulled out a small metal square, and reached over his shoulder to placed it over the whole in his wing. The heat generator activated, slowly welding the sheet in place. He gritted his vocodor-shields and struggled not to be verbal about the pain.

"Windsweeper reporting," he grunted via radio to Windrazor. "Down for repairs. Will be back in the combat zone within a breem."

Near Metroplex

As the dust of the cityquake slowly began to subside, a large form emerged from the shadow. Ultra Magnus staggered through an about-face and surveyed the damage solemnly while Mirage spoke to him.

"I sent Grapple to find him before... this," Magnus replied softly. "There's nothing more we can do for him now. We need to get into this fight and pick up Metroplex' firepower."

Magnus turned again, pulled his rifle, and limped as quickly as he could toward the warzone. (He regretted not being able to drive, but Gigatron's distraction served well.)

"Ultra Magnus calling Grapple," he radioed. "Are you and Hound safe?"

Above

Expertly barrel-rolling at just the right moment, Gigatron forced the anti-matter blast to score only air, combusting gas particles as it rocketed past his vertical wings.

"Take Windrazor's orders," he told Spinister.

Just finishing his roll, Gigatron pulled back into a loop and straightened out as his nose pointed to the ground. At precisely the right moment, he initiated his transformation to robot mode, landing on a foot and a knee heavily in the dirt with his arms crossed and his hands over his shoulders.

"I was wondering where you'd been hiding... Prime!"

Rising to his feet in a flash, Gigatron thrust one sword before him to shield while the other stabbed perpendicularly under it at the Autobot leader's chest.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Big Daddy moved to head out after the Rescue Patrol, but noticed that Hubs and Trip-Up weren't going along with them.

"What the slag? What are you two up to?!"

Trip-Up snarled. "There's no way I'm letting those guys get away with this!" Before Big Daddy could protest, the two Hot Rod patrol members were gone.

Greaser snarled. "You can never teach them anything."

Big Daddy nodded. "Come on."

Groundshaker lined up the X-Ray cannon again and prepared to fire at Monstructor.

"Let's try two for two..."

Wreck-Gar turned to Nightbeat. "This envelope will self destruct if not properly stored. Should we take our case to the authorites and request a better assignment?"
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

Defensor's last punch hit Menasor in the face, upsetting the earlier hurts and causing Menasor to leak energon from his mouth. The Decepticon gestalt watched in satifaction as Defensor broke apart into the Protectobots.

" Menasor won." Menasor said to the offline Protectobots before the gestalt subspaced his Cyclone gun and sword (leaving a very deep cravice in the ground).

Without one of the supports holding him up (and having in his mind won the fight), Menasor gave literally broke apart. The body parts shifted back into the robot forms of the Stunticons, most of whom looked as if they had seen better days. Motormaster's armor was blackened, dented, cracked in places, and had a little leaking going on. The Stunticon leader wasn't about to mention the fact that alot of his inside systems had error messages flaring (that didn't stop Motormaster from summoning his atom smasher cannon from subspace). Dragstrip was offline, his wound still visiable. Wildrider was curled up, still in a panic (but slowly coming out of it). All in all, only Breakdown and Deadend had came out of the gestalt battle unharmed in any way.

"Now what are we gonna do with them?" Breakdown sarcastically said to Deadend as they summoned their weapon from subspace ( Breakdown- concussion cannon, Deadend- compressor air gun).

"What do ya think?" Motormaster said in almost a growl " We still gotta war goin' on...Deadend check ta see if they still live...if they do, take care of it. Breakdown get Wildrider ta snap outta his panic attack. I'll take a look at Dragstrip."

As Motormaster checked on Dragstrip, the two Stunticons went to carry out their leader's orders. Deadend moved towards the downed Protectobots, pointing his gun at them andwilling to fire at a moments notice. Breakdown kicked Wildrider to get his attention.
---------------

" That was unexpected." Carnivac said while watching Sky fly off with his pretender shell (which was still using it's teeth and claws on what ever part of Sky it couls reach.) Carnivac turned back to Lynx and fired his otic beams.
" It doesn't matter if you win or lose,
it's how much damage you cause to
the other party."
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Groundshakers X-ray beam hit monstructors lover thigh area melting away patches of armour there.

Knowing that the entitly of Monstructor was too enraged at Dai-Atlas to do anything about it, the Pretender Monsters seperate identities moved their shells towards Groundsaker
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Groundshaker shifted the ATV into gear and began to head away.

"OK, boys," he smiled. "Let's play 'follow the leader.'"
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Seeing Groundshaker start to move, Birdbrain and Wildfly took to the air to cover the ground quickly
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

OOC

Infecticon, I might have confused you a little when describing their injuries. All of the Protectobots are knocked out. I described Hot Spot and Blades's injuries seperately because they were more severe than the others, and were suffered in addition to being knocked out. My mistake.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Prime wasn't able to sidestep the attack, but WAS able to bat the blade away with his energon axe.

"I don't HIDE, Gigatron. I'm not like you. Nor do I go back on my word... but considering the situation, I think I can make an exception!" Prime spun left, bringing his right foot up in an attempted boot at Gigatron's head.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Gigatron received the slap to his sword naturally, allowing his arms to span broadly. He ducked into a roll at first sight of the counterattack, flicking his right wrist to bring the blade across Prime's left ankle - he'd hoped to remove the attached foot, but a sweep would suffice.

"Of an admittedly short list, my greatest failing is having such a naive nemesis! Honestly, how long did you think I'd let you subjugate my men to your complacency?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Battlefield

Treadshot checked the charge on his demagnetizer rifle, saw that it was near zero, then held it up to shield him from the accellerator rifle shot.

"That is painfully obvious," he told Nightbeat. "But if you talked less and shot more, you'd be a decent fighter."

He fired his particle blaster at the detective, then called out to the nearby Quake, "Having trouble with those senile fools?"

Snarl was knocked down by Echoshift's fire, but it hardly mattered. Tracer had been knocked out of the sky, and Snarl's own damage was negligable.

The Dinobot landed, then batted a few blaster shots away with his energo-sword (though most of the shots were scarring his chest and arms) before he caught on to what the Decepticon was trying. He drove his sword point-first into the ground.

"This what you want?" He drew his rocket launcher and fired it at Tracer's chest.

Though he was tempted to ignore his commander's words, Spinister clicked his comlink in acknowledgement of Gigatron's orders, then broke off. He tracked towards the nearest group of Autobots, then strafed Dai Atlas with his particle beam cannons.

Main Entry, Fort Max

Crosshairs frowned at Quickmix. "You're a tech, right?"

Command Deck, Fort Max

Ramjet was hit in the chest by Fortress's rifle shot. His cockpit shattered, and he stumbled backwards a few steps (placing him dangerously close to the shattered viewport).

"Does it look like I'm done, slagheap?"

The conehead subspaced his lasers and pulled his cluster bomb launchers instead. Pleased to find that they were still functional, he fired one at Fortress's chest and another towards the door Wideload was coming out of.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Tracer had to change tactics abruptly, stopping firing on Snarl to instead fire his plasma cannons at the missles to destroy them before they hit. He was getting irritated with how many Autobots were using those on him... When the missles detonated, his vision was obscured as the smoke hid the dinobot from him. He transformed and took back to the air, circling around to try to locate his foe. "How're you handling, Echoshift?" He commed in the process.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

OOC- Sorry folks V-day :)

The battle between Hatemonger and Grimlock was starting to look more like two heavyweight boxers slugging it out then the typical robot battle.

One of Grimlocks rockets hit exploding in his upper chest area, causing him to spin around, but rather than top he used the added momentum to slash at Grimlock and then fire his Violator cannon ala some guy name Dante from one of those games Cryotek liked to play.

"Me much uglier." I will make sure they write that on your tomb Autobot. He said continuing his attack.

Quake smiled at the Decpeticons quip.

"I think I am the new entry point for an Autobot retirement home." he laughed firing at Kup and Ironhide.

Cryotek left the battlefield again to watch the battle between Gigatron and Prime.

"Well lets see how a more organic brothern holds his own." He thought watching intently.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Nightbeat: -rolls out of the way again, thinking about what Wreck-Gar just said, shrugs- "Wreck-Gar, that Bubble-headed booby" -points at Treadshot- "is acting up again. Go sort him out. And remember, if you're caught or killed, the government will send you a pizza in 30 minutes or less, otherwise it's free." -aims Hosehead's accelerator rifle at Treadshot, fires- "You'd better hope Ironhide didn't hear that. About all you'll do with that pop gun is annoy him....."

Fortress: -hits the deck as the cluster bombs fire, the main console behind him exploding, fires his rifle at Ramjet-

Ironhide: -lurches as Quake's shot hit, then fires back, aiming for Tiptop- "Soon's Ah'm done with you, Ah'm gonna go beat up yer lil' buddy."

Grimlock: -scowls as his armor gets gouged and scortched some more- "Dumb 'Con. You deaf. Me say me make you uglier. Me chew you up, spit you out!" -fires rocket launcher again, slashing energosword at Hatemonger's Violator cannon-
Scout

Post by Scout »

The super-heated fiery blast of the exploding incindiary missile rolled downwards and over the group.

Prowl had time to cover his head and turn sideways, but his metallic skin rose into painful boils on the more-exposed left side.

Not having time to respond to Dogfight, Inferno heard the explosion behind and above, and turned just in time to see a horrifying sight of a rolling fireball behind engulf the mangled security officer. Unphased by the heat and flames, he raised a hand to shield his optics as he turned his coolant towards Prowl. The move sideways was a fortunate and timely one, for two separate shots whizzed past the firefighter, the second clipping the edge of his chrome grill. A third shot hit and entered Inferno's chest, causing him to reel sideways in a rush to prevent the random flames from catching on the fluid that spewed forth, for the well-placed hit had punctured his oil line.

Without hesitation or being able to warn Firestar, Inferno charged forward in a dash to grab Prowl from the steam cloud that was now rising from the coolant spray and obscuring vision.
------------------
------------------
Trailbreaker frowned and immediately called back to Crosshairs. "Go!!!"
He knew Crosshairs had more firepower and ability suited for trouble.
------------------
------------------
"Red! Firestar, Inferno and Prowl are in trouble! Get around back and get rid of those snipers!" Smokescreen called abruptly to the officer over his radio as he ran directly toward the fireball explosion and into the seeming direction of the sniper fire.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger was not extremly worried about losing the Violator cannon, it was really and extra weapon he took since Overlord make it. He decided that letting it get damaged would be a fair price to pay as Grimlock's sword cut into the gun he then fired his fusion cannon into the wound created by his sword.

Quake quickly swung out of the way of the blast, saving Tiptop but getting hit in the shoulder himself he fell to the ground and returned fire.

"Gee thanks boss!" Tiptop said to him.

"Yeah don't mention it." Quake grunted spitting out dirt.
Brave Maximus

Battle Field

Post by Brave Maximus »

Dai Atlas put his shield up to protect him from Spinnisters incoming fire. He reached behind and pulled out the Z sword. He swung it around and aimed a head shot at Slogg.

Speeder watched as Prowl was doused by Inferno. The micro master veteran ran up to the two of them and quickly looked around:

"He needs medical attention, fast!"

Looking around, he tried to see who was near by:

"Can anyone carry him? I'm a bit small."

He turned to Cliffjumper:

"Keep your eyes open for any incomming Decepticons - we don't need any more surprises right now."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Battlefield

Snarl pulled his sword from the ground, subspaced his rocket launcher, and rolled through the cloud of smoke created by the premature rocket detonation. He had intended to cleave Tracer in two, but the Decepticon had taken to the sky once more. The Dinobot grumbled something about cowardice, then waited for the helicopter to return its attention to him.

Kup was hit in the chest by Quake's blasts. The shots cut open a fuel line, and energon started to leak from his chest. The tough old warrior ignored the wound, firing at Quake and Treadshot.

Treadshot ducked Nightbeat's fire, then shrugged.

"Let's test that, shall we?"

He fired a blast at Kup, which hit the Autobot moments after Quake's shots. The particle blast ignited the liquid that was flowing out of the Autobot's wound. Kup fell to the dirt, slapping at the flames that were shooting from his chest.

"Oops. Wrong coot. Sorry."

He looked over his shoulder to Quake. "How'd you like a little firepower boost?"

Spinister carved a tight turn in the air, trying to keep the Autobot titan's attention from the smaller Pretender shells. To that end, he fired a burst of flame from Singe towards Dai Atlas.

"Maybe you should try fighting something that's actually alive?"

"Son of a..."

Red Alert transformed and (resisting the urge to streak towards the source of the sniper shots, sirens blaring) drove on a looping, evasive path towards the sniper's postion.

"Gotcha, Smokescreen. Be careful."

Main Entry, Fort Max

Crosshairs nodded. "Stay safe, Trailbreaker. And don't let Quickmix run off, either. I have a feeling we'll need his help when this is done."

Pinpointer transformed into gun mode and landed in his partner's hand. Crosshairs ran towards the nearest lift.

Command Deck, Fort Max

Ramjet activated his foot thrusters, flying out of the path of Fortress's fire.

"Gotta try harder then that!"

Swapping his expended cluster launchers for his lasers, he fired the one good rifle at Fortress.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Grimlock: -grunts as the fusion blast burns into the gouge, winces, fires rocket launcher at Hatemonger's head while slashing at the fusion cannon-

Ironhide: -staggers as Quake's shot slams into his chest, fires back- "'Least somebody lahke's ya." -sees the burning Kup, switches blaster pistol to his right hand, left hand retracts, nozzle whirrs out, sprays Kup with fire retardant chemicals-

Nightbeat: -gets to his feet, holding Hosehead's rifle in his right hand, pulls his plasma blaster with his left, limps over to Ironhide- "This a private party, or can anybody join?"

Fortress: -scowls, rolls across the decking to dodge Ramjet's fire, fires back-
Brave Maximus

Fortress Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

The flame danced across the right arm of Dai Atlas, leaving singe marks across the forearm plating. The Powered Master stopped and looked at Spinnister:

"Hard to believe in a Decepticon that cares about another one of his kind - or does he owe you something?"

This time Dai faced the Target Master, readying himself for the next attack.

Fortress Maximus Control Centre

Galen's voice came over the Comm again:

"Understood Fortress. Please contact us as soon as you have personnel to spare. Galen Out."