[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss Part 2: Decepticons

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Scout

The Edge of the Abyss Part 2: Decepticons

Post by Scout »

The story so far:

With Metrotitan lying in near-ruins after a failed coup by communications officer Soundwave and his cassettes(with the exception of Ratbat), the Decepticons now intend to embark on their new venture- Assualt on Autobot City. Meanwhile, Starscream and the savage Seacons are heading for the Decepticon battlecrusier Nemesis, to back up the salvage team sent to assess the ship's condition, which has come under attack by a small band of Autobots lead by Red Alert.

*Thanks to Heinrad for the synopsis writeup!* :)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Ramjet turned and gave StarBlade a grin. "Thanks, hun."

As he reached the exit, he transformed and took off for the base.

(OOC: Off to Wrecking thread. If Flounder doesn't hurry, his Preds will miss all the fun ;) )
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

(OOC: Jesus, I thought it would stay to one forum, but I guess it didn't ...)

The Predacons looked at Ratbat and they nodded, all of them left for their mission. They had already got bored wandering around the city and they always loved a good fight. Razorclaw gave a backwards glace to Tempest and caught up with the rest of his team.

As the Predacon's Tempest looked at the flying menace. He followed him for a little while. After a while he replied to his question "Who siad I was hiding?"

(OOC: Pred's are now off to the Auto thread. Whheeeeee)
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Cryotek waited around the command deck and popped open an energon drink to pass the time.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: Sorry, Temp. Well, sorta... ;) )

Command Deck, Metrotitan

Ratbat gave Cryotek a glance.

"You will help Scrapper reactivate the city's manual control interfaces so that a small crew can efficiently run it's primary systems from here."

He gestured vaguely to the Constructicon leader, who was loitering about, optics shifting to various pieces of equipment.
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

Nightracer entered the command center, wondering what sort of task the higher ups had planned. Carnivac entered a few minutes after her.
" It doesn't matter if you win or lose,
it's how much damage you cause to
the other party."
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

as much as it annoyed him, Banzai-tron awaited Carnivac's arrival
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Cryotek smiled.

"Excellent." He said and began to look around he brought up a holovid screen and lines of Metrotitan's code streaked by.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Command Deck, Metrotitan

Scrapper nodded, then walked up beside Cryotek. "Once you've modified out the code, we'll have to figure out what hardware we'll need up here. These consoles were only designed to suppliment the city's internal controls, not run it directly."

Ratbat hovered before Banzai-Tron, Carnivac and Nightracer, who were joined quickly by the very bored-looking Ransack. The cassetticon started to speak.

"You four will get a small shuttle from the launch bay and fly to North America. Once there, you will put down outside of Autobase sensor range and proceed into enemy territory. Ransack and Carnivac will surviel the base, with Banzai-Tron along to write off any enemy patrols you happen along. Nightracer will get to high ground, to act as a spotter and sniper. Gather information on Fortress Maximus and Metroplex, concentrating on anti-air weapons emplacements. Also, take note of patrol strength, human presence, and the like. When you're done, retreat and return here."

His face turned to a scowl. "And if you get captured, you'd be advised to provoke the Autobots into killing you, because if they don't, Gigatron will. Any questions?"
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Anymore threats from that one and we will see how quick he can move Banzai-Tron thought to himself

Without a word Banzai-Tron spun on his heels and headed towards the shuttle bay
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Cryotek nodded to Scrapper.

"I can change the algorithms and the like to fix most of the problems. However we need some new computers to handle the bigger load." He said starting to write new lines of code into the programs.
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

'Bout time, Carnivac thought as he turned and followed after Banzai-Tron. He would have to remind himself that this was a scouting mission, not a hunt. Nightracer made sure she had the mission recorded into her data banks, then nodded to Ratbat before she followed.
" It doesn't matter if you win or lose,
it's how much damage you cause to
the other party."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Command Deck, Trypticon

Ransack followed his erstwhile teammates to the shuttle bay, his expression now one of anticipation.

Scrapper made a sour face.

"Don't have much in available computers these days, as I'm sure you've figured out." He shrugged. "But if worse comes to worse, we can pull the processors out of the Metrodrones I had to put down."

Ratbat perched on the backrest of the command chair and surveyed to goings-on. He wasn't particularly pleased with that posture, and would rather have been able to sit in the chair like a normal Decepticon would. But of course, that would have required a huminoid form, which was the one thing that Ratbat didn't posess.

Not yet, anyway.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Tempest stood back from a far when Ratbat sat down on his perched on his command chair. HE watched as he looked down at the chair and a small scowl came across his mechanoid fangs.

"I wasn't hiding their, I was guarding something."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Cryotek nodded.

"Not a bad idea, just since we want to create a much bigger load out for the systems to handle. We need the systems that can actually handle it. We could try to rebuild some of the systems here for that purpose but I think we would be creating some possible overload and slow performance issues. Needless to say the last thing we want in the heat of battle would be what humans refer to as "The blue screen of death."."

He explained working away.

"Oh luckly I can easily create programs to work with Metrotitans mind. Now the only worry becomes do we want to put fail safes in case he ever snaps?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Command Deck, Metrotitan

Ratbat hissed. "And what precisely would that be, Tempest?"

"Citycons don't 'snap', Cryotek. Their mental resources are far greater than yours or mine." Scrapper shrugged. "Well, maybe not Trypticon's, but he was a rush job."

The Constructicon leader sat at a nearby, dead console, pulled out his personal datapad and began searching records. "I'll see if we have any other computing resorces available, as well. There won't be anything overly impressive, but every bit will help."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Cryotek laughed at Scrapper's quote about mental capacity.

"Thats why we are reprogramming this city huh?" He laughed. "I would say this would be a good time for us to use our human allies but if we can make due with what we have that is fine."
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Tempest looked at the casseticon, and wondered if he should make him beg for it, but he knew from what Razorclaw said, he'd drain you of your energon for fun.

"Actually, I was guarding the backup system that the Predacon's took away before you told them to blow the place up. On it, it has plans to a weapon. However, only three people can access the plans. Megatron, Soundwave and myself. What the plans are, well thats classified. I am aware that Megatron has been elminated, but what is the fate of Soundwave?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Ratbat's stare hardened.

"Perhaps you've noticed that the city is in less-than-perfect shape? Soundwave's doing. He is being held for interrogation, torture, and, if he proves uncooperative, eventual execution. Now, it would be most unwise for you to hold back your information from the Decepticon army's current leadership, Tempest."

Scrapper looked up from his work and scoffed. "I don't think we have human allies anymore. Didn't Banzai-Tron rob their gold reserves or something?"
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Cryotek laughed.

"Well, maybe we can just order parts as the humans would say "online"? I am sure we can create a fake alias or something to that effect?"