[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss Part 2: Autobots

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

In the darkness Cryotek was lucky to be the dark metallica blue. He nearly blends in perfectly with the night or the shadows.

Cryotek nodded and smiled.

"They may still think your dead for all I can tell." Cryotek said quietly as Cryo stayed on his shoulder. He quickly loaded the explosives into a containment area in his chest.

"So, should we try to get into contact with out pals that returned from Cybertron? I saw Trypticon was back as we headed here." He asked keeping his voice low so as to avoid any possible scouts.
Reflector

Outside Autobot City

Post by Reflector »

Gigatron shook his head slowly, panning his gaze continually for potential interlopers.

"We cannot risk interception," he whispered. "We must maintain radio silence until our mission is complete."

With that reminder, Gigatron reached up to his left flare and flicked his radio off. He didn't want a poorly timed transmission to ruin his operation.

"Stay quiet. Some of these scouts have rather keen audials."

Gigatron pointed to several craggy ledges above them, silently reminding his partner that some of their would-be betrayers may be unseen. He took one more glance at his surroundings and brought up the scope again, taking careful note of the city's patrol routes and entry ways.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Tech Bay, Fort Max:

Brainstorm: "I'm trying to build a fusion reactor, Quickmix, using what parts we have at hand." -tosses sea sponge to Quickmix- "Got any ideas?"

Outside of Autobase:

Omega Supreme: -standing sentry, waiting-
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Ark - Main Cannon Housing

Starlight shook her head no to Countdown's comment.

With her, Nemesis and Aero Blade working on it, and the amazing quality of the Ark's main cannon equipment (It would have almost worked as it was, if it wasn't so damaged by the crash. As it was, it's position and Volcanic eruption managed to keep it pretty safe.)

It took the three of them nearly an hour to get it all rigged up and safetied. But finnally, it was ready, and with no apperent shorts. Starlight and Nemesis accompanied the others back to the main control room, passing Ark and Stratus.

Ark looked up and spotted the Neo's techies walking and smiled at them, Closing the housing on the equipment they were working on and gave them the thumbs up.

In the control centre, Starlight looked around (Hoping no one would see her digits crossed behind her back) and then called out:

"Sentinal Activate!"

A hollow, robotic voice rang out through the Ark's hold:

"Sentinal Online, Activating Shield and Plasma Cannon Defensive System!"

The Ark's light's briefly dimmed, until the Energon Z system kicked in, and then the four plasma cannons at the main entrance, and the three on the inside of the volcano crater activated and a green shield flashed into being around the Ark, then disappeared.

Ark and Nemesis laughed and shouted out loud. Ark attempted to hug and lift up Stratus - spinning him around in celebration. Starlight's shoulders slumped and it felt as if her fuel pump started again. After a moment, She turned to the others and smiled.

Ark - Main Entrance

Skyfall shook his head at the...... enthusiasim Stepper and Roadbuster were showing at shooting another Transformer, even Autobots. But, he had to agree with Roadbusters assesment. Being seperate from Autobot command, they didn't know who was friend and who was foe. He just hoped that any Autobot who came here headed their warnings.

"Unfortunatly, Roadbuster is right. Stop any transformer well out side of the main doors. Where the Plasma cannons can still track them with out any danger to the entrance. If they don't give them a warning shot. If they still advance or open fire......"

Skyfall didn't get a chance to finish his sentence. A voice named Sentinal came through the comm and the main cannons came to life. A green light flared into life and then dissappeared, but you could still see it close up, like heat ripples.

Sixwing cocked his eyebrow and raised his arm up and touched it with his finger. The fist was pushed back so hard and fast, it disenaged from Super Sonic. The Micro Master drone also disengaged and landed on the ground. After a moment, the Micro Master stood up and picked up it's own "Fist". Sixwing walked over and returned them to their spot and then held it there while his healing factor put it back on:

"How many times must I deal with this damn system........"

Skyfall cocked his eyebrow at the not-quite-whispered comment.

Fortress Maximus

With nothing really to do, Dai Atlas looked over the stocks and supplies of both bases, copying the lists to his memory. If there were going to be casualties and combat, he wanted to know what he had to work with. Something made him open his eyes a little. He turned to Ironhide and Red Alert:

"Do you two know about the recent activity in the cargo bays. The one's holding medical suplies? There is no data on who took it out or why....."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ark, Entrance:

Roadbuster: -chuckles- "What's the matter, Crabby? Don't like a forcefield?"

Command Deck, Fort Max:

Ironhide: -linked in to the feeds from the Skyspies, activates commlink- "Ah'll see who Ah c'n dig....." -trails off, brings up a clip on one of the monitors, runs it forward at one quarter speed- "Hang on a sec, Wheeljack." -waves Kup and Red Alert over, points at the flicker- "Whut's that look lahke ta you guys?" -looks over at Dai Atlas- "Medical supplies? Far as Ah know, ain't nobody needed a awful lot. 'Less Wheeljack blew up his lab again...."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Sixwing glowered at Roadbuster as he flexed his arm. Once he was satisfied with it, he let go:

"Just one in particular...........

"Perhaps I could demonstrate it's abilities..... With your head......"

Skyfall managed to beat Sixwing's lunge and got between the two of them. He staired Sixwing down and spoke:

"You two stay on guard and alert me the next time we have any unexpected visitors show up at the door. Roadbuster, You and I are going to go find the source of this..... gift."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside

Whirl nodded to Springer, eager to go.

Command Deck, Fort Max

"Not sure, but we don't have time to look into it." Red Alert frowned at Dai Atlas. "If that's the biggest problem we have today, consider yourself lucky."

The security officer moved beside Ironhide, as did Kup.

"Looks like a stray heat burst or microwave pulse," Red said finally. "Could be an enemy scouting party."

"It's probably just a blip in the Sky Spy," Kup countered. "We can't spare anyone to investigate every little glitch right now."
optimusskids
Protoform

Inside Fort Max

Post by optimusskids »

Ricochet ah you have a sponge there i recognise it from Nebulos we had a similar thing there also .

Quickmix I m a Chemist no a Physicist but i'll see what we can come up with old thing . We can have a bit of a Brainstorm so to speak (chuckles)

assuming + x = zr2 and taking a co efficent of 14 , no that wont work

Ricochet sponges they are a most interesting non a fascinating structure and they absorb so much , on Nebulos we would use them for scrubbers for the air conditioning etc

Quickmix hmmmm (he scribbles away on a data pad for several minutes)

Showing it to Brainstorm
"I know its not the entire solution but what about going down this path what do you thiink , its a starting point .

On the roof .

A jet of water sluiced across Landfill as Silencer knocked the valve away the cld water cleaning all the dirt and grime away and simultaneously cooling His IR Signature

Landfill flinched as the water struck him , glaring at the 2 Nebulans

Landfill this is not the time good buddies , for larking about , were up here for a reason ,
He orders them to transform into gun mode, they obey

Your gonna stay that way for a while teach you not to mess about.

Landfill lowers himself down visual sensors just showing over the parapet scanning the horizon a Targetmaster in each hand .

Wideload on edge having not identified the mystery noise swung back into the gun position , priming the weapons , as he goes over the checklist for the fortieth time , giving the weapons a nice polish as he goes , humming nervously to Himself a cybertronian drinking ballard " 65 turbofoxes running through a marsh and if one turbofox should accidentally crash there'll be 64 turbofoxes running through the marsh " keeping himself occupied

Inside Arc Royale

Scoop in the weapons bay concentrates on the monitors as they draw closer to enemy territory , scanning them ever vigilant

Back in Fortress Max

Landfill to Ironhide I had a com link open to Reload , he had sentry duty in sector gamma 14 and I can't raise Him no more probably just equipment malfunction , but it could be a Smokey creeping up in our Rocking Chair over
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Cryotek nodded and shut down his com-transmitters. Granted being as smart as he was he could easily send the transmission on enough frequencies to be seen as little more than "noise" but better to not tick off the bot he would be fighting alongside.

Besides, he had enough respect for Gigatron to not do that. Then he started to wonder how the new gyros would perform in actual combat.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Stratus, smaller than the average minicon and not having expected it, was easily picked up and spun by Ark. Once he got a moment to realize what was going on, he joined the other minicon in the celebrations.

Aero only gave a moment's celebration before he started checking on the systems, still mentally set in work mode. He was checking for potential flaws or glitches. "Looks like everything's working perfectly for now, Starlight, but I'm going to adjust a few energy relays just to be on the safe side. Wouldn't do us any good to have a blow out when we really need it."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Starlight nodded at Aero Blade:

"Agreed. But now that I\We know that it works, we can attune the harmonics and power output. Theoretically, the shield could be very impressive. We\I will also begin setting up secondary and tertiary power supply systems, in case of one being cut or failing. Or should we need to force extra power into it, if we need..."

Starlight hopped down and followed Aero Blade. Ark set Stratus down and went with Nemesis to find some more cabling able to handle the power load they were talking about.

Skyfall walked down the main hallway with Roadbuster and spotted Jazz. His second in command looked a little puzzled and seemed to be stairing down the hall towards Med bay:

"Jazz. Do you know anything about this 'Sentinal' or who set it up?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Command Deck, Fort Max:

Ironhide: "Ah read ya, Landfill." -looks over at Kup and Red Alert- "That tears it. Somethin's goin' on out there. Kup, make sure ya got yer gun. We mahght not have a lot a people ta spare fer scoutin' out stuff, but we got you an' me." -moves over to one of the consoles, starts typing in commands- "Could be that drone blew a fuse, or somebody shut it down. Ah'm retaskin' a Skahspah ta do a quick low overflahght a th' area, see whut it c'n see."

Ark:

Roadbuster: -cocks head to the side, slightly, then nods- "Sure you want to know, Skyfall?"
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Ark - main corridor

Skyfall hesitated for a moment then nodded to Roadbuster:

"Everytime you say that, I end up with a headache. But, as I need to know what's going on - Tell me...."

Fortress Maximus

Dai Atlas stood behind Ironhide and kept his eye on the situation....
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

Post by Amarant Odinson »

Ark: Atop of Mount St. Hillary

Artfire continued to scan the area west of the entrance. He perked up slightly at the sound of something. He wasn't sure of what it was be he did notice something. He turned around to notice something odd. There seemed to be heat coming from the supposed dormate volcano. He bent down to take a closer look.

At the same time, Dropshot notice a big spike in a few of his energy sensors. He turned to see Artfire bend down then all of a sudden be pushed back something unknown. Dropshot just started laughing as he figured out what had just happened.

Artfire flew back about 10 feet and landed with thud. He could hear Dropshot laughing as he picked himself up off of the ground. "What the hell was that?"

Still laughing Dropshot answered back. "They must've just set up a new force field. Pretty solid by the looks of it. What do you think Artfire?"

"Pretty solid?? Unicron couldn't get past that thing! And what are you laughing at? Let's see you touch it."

"Do I look like Stepper to you?" Dropshot answered back. "Not likely, now quit goofing off and get back to work. We need to be ready just in case something does try to get through that forcefield."
WRESTLING:
In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside

(carried over from 'Con thread)

A helicopter broke over the horizon. Not a normal helicopter, mind you. Most helicopters were easily spotted, their rotors making a racket and light reflecting off thier hulls.

This helicopter was different. It's rotors whirled in eerie silence and the moonlight seemed to bend around its sleek skin. Weapons emplacements decorated its wings and fusilage.

Suddenly, the helicopter fell from the sky. Parts folded, shifting until the vessel had taken on a humanoid shape. As it landed silently on its feet, the helicopter's wing guns combined in the air and came to rest in its right hand. With a crackle of subspace, a black flail appeared in the left.

Knowing that his stealth equipment would have masked his arrival from enemies and allies alike, Spinister moved along the edge of a forest less than a kilometer away from Gigatron and Cryotek.

Command Deck, Fort Max

As if on cue, Recoil stepped from the shadows and stood beside Kup.

"Looks like I'm ready," the elderly Autobot said.

Red Alert leaned towards a monitor, intent on seeing the Sky Spy telemetry as it came in.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ark:

Roadbuster: "The Sentinel program was set up by a Maximal named Rhinox. It's supposed to run the base defenses, both internal and external." -stops as if listening- "You must have recovered the core code from the Axalon's computer. According to Dinobot, the Predicons took the self contained control core for Sentinel from the Axalon's wreckage. If you're wondering where the main core unit went, some race called the Vok showed up and destroyed the Predicon base, Sentinel or no Sentinel."

Command Deck, Fort Max:

Ironhide: -finishes programming the Skyspy- "There. It's doin' a low overflahght now......"
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Ark

Skyfall just shook his head:

"I knew I shouldn't have asked. So, what you're saying is that it's a computer program designed to control the base's defensive systems? I can handle that, as long as it has some security measures in it."

Then turning and looking at Roadbuster's head:

"So, you really have another Autobot up in your head with you? What's it like?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ark:

Roadbuster: -shrugs- "He turned into a velociraptor, when he was alive. And, aside from an understandable desire to extinguish Rampage's spark, he's been pretty quiet."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Ark

Skyfall nodded to Roadbuster:

"I can sympathize. It's rather odd traveling around with someone who is more or less a part of you."

The Micro Master continued down the hallway to Ark's main control room.
Bombshell

OOC: I'M BACK! BWAH!

Post by Bombshell »

Shuttle In Earth Orbit

"Get out of my way, Hubs!"

Trip-Up shoved his teammate out of the way as they made their way to the cockpit of the small, nondescript shuttle, which was now on its was to the Autobot camp.

"Mind your own business, Trip-Up," Hubs slurred in response. "I got as much right to walk these corridors as anyone else." Several seconds after saying this, he fell to the ground.

Trip-Up groaned as he hoised Hubs over his shoulder and entered the cockpit, finding Big Daddy and Groundshaker at the controls.

Trip-Up peered out the cockpit view port. "Never thought I'd see that mudball again. I don't know why Wreck-Gar signaled for us to come here. We told him that we were perfectly happy back on Junk."

Groundshaker turned to face him. "Yeah, but from the way he said it, it looks like he needs us. It must be serious if he signaled the remaining Junkions to pile on that second scrap heap and come along, too."

"I didn't think he'd do that," Big Daddy said, turning to their pilot. "Now Junk's free to anyone who wants to pillage it."

"Who'd wanna steal garabage, though?" Trip-Up asked.

Groundshaker wasn't as thrilled at coming to Earth, especially if it meant having to deal with Countdown. But as far as he knew, he wouldn't have to. All he had to do was drop off the Hot Rod patrol and head back to Junk.

"I just hope Countdown doesn't hear I'm coming," he thought as he activated the communications systems.

"Hey. Are there any Autobots down there? Hello?"