[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss Part 2: Autobots

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Micro Shuttle

"Sweet slag! This guy must be dense!"

"Weren't you listening to me?! I'm Autobot Field Commander Groundshaker , not leader of the dumbest pile of empties anyone's ever seen!"

Big Daddy was on him immediately, shoving him aside. "Says you, scum bucket. And get outta the way! I'm gonna get us down safely."

Trip-Up moved to help, only to slip and fall on his backside as he slipped on something. Turning to look at what it was, he saw a pool of oil. He slowly followed it back to its source.

"HUBS?!"

The green Micromaster hiccuped. "Sorry...Trip-Up."

"I told you not to drink that tainted Energon, but NO! You just had to play Hollywood Squares with that damned Junkhead! When are you gonna learn?!"

Hubs wiped a bit of dribbled oil off his mouth. "Hopefully when...I get to the ground."

Groundshaker looked at Big Daddy, noting that he wasn't doing well at controlling their descent.

"If we live that long."
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Blaster nodded and transformed. He quickly changed over the frequency to use the Carbombian satellites.

"This may take a second Prime, it's not easy to use opposing satellites to msend a message to yourself. I needa way to use an enemy frequency but let them know it's me."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Command Deck, Fort Max

Kup turned around, leaned into the comm centre, then shrugged.

“That’s not the Decepticons, lad.” He pointed at one of the many banks of controls in the comm room. “It’s coming over the intercom.”

Red Alert frowned, not impressed with Dai Atlas’s haughty attitude. He turned to Ironhide. “I’ll go. My sensors might be able to pick up something that the Sky Spy couldn’t.” He cocked his head, listening to the cacophonous singing coming from the comm room’s speakers. “I’ll take Wideload with me. He can carry the drone back for autopsy.”

He flipped open his wrist comm. “Wideload, stop that singing and meet me at the main entrance ramp.”

Arc Royale

Hot Rod frowned. “You could send it as text,” he suggested to Blaster. “Address it to Kup, with the subject line ‘left a piece out’. He’d know it’s from me.”

I hope.
optimusskids
Protoform

Inside Fort Max

Post by optimusskids »

22 Turbofoxes coming to the gate , one more turbofox meeting its fate

Wideload gives a little start

He replies

Wideload : Yes Sir will meet you there , How did you .. um no matter ..

Wideload flustered moves to obey thinking , how did He know, he thinks their is something a bit spooky about Red Alert a few wires crossed somewhere .

being stationed adjacent to the main entry bay He takes the time to raid the ready use ammo locker , keeping an eye peeled for Red Alert's arrival

loading half his load area with concussion grenades , anti personnel ordanance , rocket reloads and taking a pair of shoulder mounted rocket launchers and a spare electro scrambler gun and any odds and ends that takes his fancy

compensating for his normal lack of weaponry , and trying to impress Red Alert somewhat embarassed cos of the singing still nervous he sings very softly as he works

19 turbofoxes running throught the muck one of them gets stuck and there'll be 18 turbofoxes....

He thinks to himself He picked me , to go on a combat patrol
He must have read my records know that i was a member of a crack autobot raiding squad on Cybertron be looking beyond this shell fate has shackled me with

The singing sounding more perky he sits on the gun mounting one optic on the external monitor and one on the doorway

12 turbofoxes coming round the bend and if one turbo fox meets a sticky end there ll be 11 turbo foxes ...
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skies above Fortress Maximus

Dai Atlas had finally caught up with the Micro Master shuttle, but was getting a little frustrated with the lack of co-ordination here:

"Again, This is Dai Atlas to the Micro Master Shuttle.
I don't really care who is in command, but someone with half a logic processor better start talking. We have two choices on the matter: I can help you down and land safely or I can let you hit the ground and pick up your pieces. Now, How much control over the shuttle do you have?"

This is going to be a long day......
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Micro Shuttle

Groundshaker grabbed Big Daddy as Greaser and Trip-Up collected Hubs.

"We're on our way, Dai," Groundshaker said. "Just come in and get ready to pick us up."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Above Fortress Maximus....

Dai Atlas kept pace with the shuttle:

"Try and guide her in. I'll cover from just in front if you have systems failure."

Dai Atlas switched comm channels to the Fortress Maximus' Command centre:

"This is Dai Atlas to Ironhide:
Have a medical team prepaired. They seem hell bent on getting her down themselves. I'll do what I can to stop them from crashing. But at this point if I grab the shuttle and they fight it, we'll all end up slag."

Ark - Main Hallway

Skyfall turned and spotted Warpath coming towards him:

"Sorry Warpath. You can't exit the base at the moment. There's a pretty powerful shield in place. Keep you comm channel open and when it's down, I'll let you know when you can leave."

The leader of the Neo's then spotted Countdown headed his way, looking rather intent:

"Countdown. What can I do for you?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Command Deck, Fort Max:

Ironhide: "Ah read ya, Dai." -switches channels- "Medbay, anybody down there?"

Siren: -over commlink- "I am."

Ironhide: "You a medic?"

Siren: "No."

Ironhide: "Yer one'a Nahghtbeat's crew, ain'cha."

Siren: "Yes. I could try to wake up Minerva, but...."

Ironhide: "But?"

Siren: "She's not a morning person. Especially if you wake her up after she's gotten maybe a half an hour of sleep."

Ironhide: "We got a shuttle comin' in hot, an' there mahght be injured. That makes me a mahght testy."

Siren: "What about Hosehead? Minerva trained him to be a medic."

Hosehead: -chiming in from the comm alcove- "As long as the damage isn't too bad. I can apply patchplates and stuff. And Siren can run the comm panel better than I can."

Ironhide: "Fahne. Siren, get up here." -deactivates commlink- "Hosehead, when he gets up here, you get down ta medbay, start puttin' tagether a crash kit. Ever'thing ya think ya mahght need, jus' make sure ya c'n carry it all."
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Micro Shuttle

Groundshaker kicked open the hatchway leading to the outside. He turned to Big Daddy. "Hope your friends got parachutes handy."

He lept out of the shuttle and transformed into his jet fighter mode. Big Daddy drew in a breath, and lept out to land on top of him.

Greaser and Trip-Up hoisted Hubs up on their shoulders and quickly followed.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Dai Atlas couldn't believe what he was seeing!

"For the love of PRIMUS!!!!"

He transformed into Robot mode and extended his arm (With his shield attached) and attempted to catch the 4 non-flying Micro Masters.

He calculated the trajectory of the shuttle and it posed a danger to the Autobot's below. He pulled out his BF Rifle and aimed at the shuttle - waiting until he had the Micro's protected before he fired.....
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Falling Through The Air

Groundshaker, with Big Daddy as an unwilling passenger, slided into Dai Atlas' waiting hand. Greaser and Hubs landed hard into the open palm. Trip-Up grabbed ahold of the larger Transformer's thumb and tried to crawl up to where the others were.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Main Entryway, Fort Max

Having made good time after leaving the bridge, Red Alert got to Wideload's position just as the Throttlebot was singing 'eleven turbo-foxes'.

"Don't do that," he said. "Drawing attention like that will get you shot if there are enemies around."

The security officer pulled his particle beam rifle from subspace, checked the magazine, then stored it again.

"One of our patrol drones has gone off-line. You and I are going to check it out. Keep alert; we could run into enemies at any minute."

Red transformed and drove out of the city, making sure that he was moving slow enough that Wideload could keep up.
optimusskids
Protoform

Outside Fort Max

Post by optimusskids »

Wideload transformed obediently following Red Alert His sensors on maximum sensitivity as he heeded the security officers warning , putting even his chemical sensors on maximum sensitivity
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade finished with the energy relays, looking over at the minicons. "Alright, I think that about does it, unless there's anything else we modify or test. Other than that, guess all we can do is hope the chance to test it in battle doesn't come for a long time...."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Above Fortress Maximus

With the Micro Masters safely clinging to his hand and forearm, Dai Atlas brought them in tight against his chest plate, to cover them with the shield. He targeted the shuttle and ploted it's tragectory - with out a pilot at it's helm, it was spinning out of control and headed for Metroplex......

He charged his BF Rifle and aimed it at the shuttle. Black and orange energy swirled at the muzzle and he fired. Even with his thrusters countering at max - Dai Atlas was pushed back. The blast hit the shuttle, and you could see the metal melting and screaming, then ripping into it's component molicules. With in a fraction of a second the shuttle ceised to exist, returned to nothing more than a slight shower of particles.

It took Dai Atlas a few moments to get to the ground and set the Micro's down. He had subspaced his rifle and shield, he staired at the Micro's. He had planned a massive speach, but all he could manage was:

"What in the PIT were you thinking!?!?!
Scrounge75
Protoform

Just outside Fort Max

Post by Scrounge75 »

A whupping sound becomes apparent on the horizon and an orange dot appears as it flies low over a hill a traiil of dust is kicked up .

A blue dot becomes apparent and a sonic boom cracks through the sky weaving around the orange one flying patrol .

A communication channel crackles between them

Dogfight : Doing ok down there slowpoke

Sandstorm : not bad the sooner we get back with thes scientific supplies the better.

Dogfight : im itching for a fight , the feel of my wings slicing through metal the glow of panic in a decepticons eyes as i turn my weapons on him , the screams of terror as they realise im not turning aside

Sandstorm remains strangely quiet following this statement thoughtful pensive .
He eventually speaks
Sandstorm : dont you think we should let them know were incoming give them a warning

Dogfight : lets not ya worry too much , got to live on the edge dangerously , were almost there now whats the worst that can happen .

Sandstorm : being perforated by anti aircraft fire

Dogfight : theyre probably all asleep watch while i buzz over them

Dogfight piles on the power streaking ahead heading low for Fort Max

Sandstorm meanwhile opens a communication channel .

Flight gamma returning to base over , anyone out there
optimusskids
Protoform

Outside Fort Max

Post by optimusskids »

Wideload trailed after Red Alert

thinking i finally get to go on a mission , but hey he mentioned a deactivated drone , what if he only asked me so hed have someone to carry it back , maybe hes like the others just using me for boring logistics , Wideload speeds up glaring suspiciosly at Red's taillights, subconsciously speeding up closing the distance between them till he was inches away from Red Alerts back bumper

I'll show Him , if we do meet trouble i'll show those decepticons theyll wish theyd never been born i'll get twice as many as old Red Alert

Fort Max Roof

Landfill narrows his optic sensors as 2 dots start approaching the base aiming at them , giving them the benfit of the doubt but finger tightening on his weapon as one seems to be starting an attack run .
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Blaster started to emit the signal, confident that it would get received.

"Nothing to worry 'bout Hot Rod. A text would have the same problems, I gotta send it on Decepticon wave lengths. And who knows where Kup is. We just gotta up a 'bot recognizes the signature sending the signal."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Communications Center, Fort Max:

Siren: -strides in-

Hosehead: -trying to figure out where Sandstorm's voice is coming from- "Uh..."

Siren: -reaches over Hosehead's shoulder, flicks a switch- "Flight Gamma, this is Fort Max control. Please identify yourselves."

Hosehead: -nods thanks, dives out of the comm chair, heads for the medbay-

Ironhide: -watching the antics from the other side of the room, looks over at Kup- "Tell me we weren't never that stupid......"
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Outside Fortress Maximus

"Oh, I don't know," Big Daddy snarled. "I was thinking that me and my crew would like enjoy LIVING PAST THE NEXT THIRTY SECONDS!"

"Calm down," Groundshaker said, stepping forward. "Now where's Wreck-Gar? I gotta have a chat with him."